Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  9:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Dana...so sorry about your friend. Loving sometimes means letting them go and that is what you did. Hugs and prayers.

Dianne is the Ornament sister this month.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  02:46:22 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies, I didn't forget my ornament assignment for the month. I was away and then extremely busy at work when I returned. One question, how do I get everyone's mailing addresses? Hope you are all well. Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  07:39:10 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies. I went out yesterday to get the garden cleaned up and ready for plantin. I found a few little surprises. I have garlic growin out there! I thought for sure it had completely rotted out last year. Then I found these...

My girls were thrilled at this little surprise! We're gonna have them candied with some stuffed mushrooms for dinner tonight.

Enjoy your day ladies!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  09:44:45 AM  Show Profile
Dana - So sorry for your loss. It's tough and I'm sure probably all of us have had to go through the experience of putting down a beloved pet so we truly know what you're going through. I have an alter that I put all my pet's urns and pictures on to remember them as well as a picture of my grandmother and a friend's daughter who died of SIDS at 18 months. I'm still working on it, trying to figure out what I want on it. I'm thinking a celtic cross might be neat.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  09:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
We have an alter too for our pets and our family members. For Day of the Dead, we decorate the alter and leave out Day of the Dead cakes for the celebration.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  09:56:59 AM  Show Profile
Well I have applied for 7 positions at the local hospital. So far I have been turned down for 3 and 4 are still pending. Pray I get one of them. At least an interview! They are all part time floater positions which would be perfect for me right now. It would give me a way to learn my way around and get in the door. They also pay more than pretty much anyone else in town. I could actually support myself with a full time position. I hope they just get tire of seeing my applications and give me a chance.
I made two more purses.. I really like them. I'm going to make some small ones and then put them all online to sell.

Dianne, let me know if you don't have my address for the Xmas ornament exchange. I realized I better get started on mine. I have some great ideas and can't wait to get started.

Angela, How cool for your little vegie survivors. My mom wants to put in a garden this year. But I think it is just because she knows I'm here to do all the work. I'm not as young as I use to be. Everything is mostly grass and is not as easy to remove as she thinks. She has big plans for me. I really hope I get a job!

Later my porchies, enjoy the day.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  11:19:13 AM  Show Profile
Well Hello there Gals. It's good to see everyone! We had a couple of beautiful but chilly & breezy days. So I went out shopping for my Mama and for us too. We have rain now thru Sunday. We are under another flood-watch thru Sunday morning. We still have piles of snow everywhere and if it rains hard and melts the rest of this snow, we may get closed in again. Last week 2 of our 3 roads into town were flooded closed. My DH had to go way out & around to get to his job 10 minutes away. Ya...not fun. Oh well, we just have to deal with it as best we can.
Dana, I'm so sorry for your loss. BIG(((hugs)))Sister! I still miss my "Bunny-Boy", and it's been a year now. Animals are such "BestBuds!"
Angela, what a surprise to find those little carrots. How cool is that!
Bunny, that is a gorgeous fabric you made that purse out of. Love the colors. Good luck on the job-hunting.
Deborah....*sniffs the air*...I can smell that peach tea from here. LOL mmmmmmm...
Pam, I still wanna learn piano. I hope your husband is patient with you. Sometimes when teaching a spouse, they forget to "be nice." You tell him that he better be nice...."Don't make me come out there!" LOL
Well Sistas, I feel a lot of struggling going on to hold yourselves together lately. I just want you to know that I slipped my arm around your waist to help hold you up and let you lean...and around your shoulder just when you felt weak and alone. I hope you felt it. After all, that's what Sisters are for! :-) I Love you ALL!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  11:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey everybody! Tea cards didn't make it in the mail yesterday , but they did this morning.

Dana~ I'm so sorry about your furry friend. Lots of hugs.

Bunny~ Good luck with the purses. That bag is beautiful!

It sounds like everyone is busy, busy. We have been too. I'm trying to make things slow down around here. We'll just see how that works. The roof is being replaced this weekend as soon as the rain passes. YAY! The gas is getting crazy expensive around here again so we're starting to tighten our belt. And I'm considering homeschooling my son. I talked to a friend today that homeschools her kiddos and she told me about the program she uses and invited us to hang out with their homeschool group. So there's lots to think about there. And honey man and I have come to realize even though we were planning a cheap wedding, it is still probably going to cost too much. So we are really leaning towards his initial idea of getting married at the courthouse. Well time to get kids from school. I'll try to stop back by later.

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  2:15:34 PM  Show Profile
melanie
could you have a reception in your back yard?
just invite really close friends and family and do a potluck
like the church suppers? ask everyone to bring lawn chairs and
byob..
our pastor comes to the house and does the cermony
borrow tables and use stuff from your garden for arrangements.
decorate with cray paper in your colors(its really cheap) and your friends would probably
decorate for free and have fun doing it..
i did a rehearsal dinner in my yard and it was wonderful and
pretty everyone still talks about it.. and i didn't cost alot
had thirty people went to the dollar store for plates, napkins cups plastic forks knifes and spoons..
paper table clothes tealights in recycles mason jars it really was nice.
for music we hooked up a speaker outside and played cds but you could use and Ipod too with tons of your favorite music ..string white xmas lits around trees or patio.. well i get carried away i love doing parties on the cheap and everyone has a great time and thinks i went all out..you could even ask a good friend who loves to bake to make your wedding cake and that would be her gift to you?
Angela
i thought i lost my garlic last summer and in the fall i was cleaning up and low and behold GARLIC
i guess i planted to deep but still enjoying the fruits of my labor. goody for you honey.
well have good night all
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  3:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Wow My Porchies...good to see so many of you on today and doing the chit-chat back and forth. I love a busy Porch full of good friends and good eats!

Dana...oh, it sounds like you handled that very difficult parting as best you could. I am glad that you have worked with animals and knew some things to do to make it easier on your pet. Not all of us have that knowledge. I know it will hurt for awhile but warm hugs, loves and healing prayers are going up for you darlen. How are the kids dealing with it?

Judy...Nice to see you back girl! Your cheeriness has been missed! You always add a sense of hilarity to the Porch! As well as a lot of compassion too.

Pam...Hi Sweety! Judy just doesn't know Mark or she would know what a Sweetheart he is. I am sure he will be a good teacher on the Piano for you. I always wanted to play piano or drums but when I tried out in school the Music teacher told me I had no rhythm for drums so try the flute...and I didn't want to play flute, so I played nothing! LOL

Darlene...Hey girlfriend what is new with you? Working on your Quilts? I would love to see some of the ones you have made. Do you have any pictures?

Melanie...I agree with you Gas prices are just crazy right now. In our area they are saying $5.00 per gallon by Memorial Day. Is that nuts or what. We are going to have to hitch the horses up and buy a wagon before too long. (no, I really don't have horses just a joke!) I could hitch Bella up but most days she doesn't even like to walk let alone pull a wagon. LOL

Bunny...I think your new purse prices sound very good! ~ Thanks for sharing about the job situation. Gives us a specific area to pray in for you. And I agree...you better get a job before Mom hands you a very long "To Do" List.

Well, my little Madeline should be here just about any time. She is spending the weekend with Grandmama again...so, I plan to have lots of fun with her and spoil her rotten as best I can! She is here...gotta go!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  6:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies...Everyone involved in the Ornament swap please remember to email your address to Dianne.

Babysat the 2 little GKs today and I'm beat. Have fun Peg...You'll be beat too! LOL!

Melanie...When I got married 42 years ago we only had our parents, siblings, and 4 close friends. We had a dinner and a nice cake and it was just enough. Spending a fortune when you don't have it, isn't worth it. Don't fret about it. KISS... Keep It Simple Sister!

Bunny...It's a bummer when all the jobs are done online. You can't even get in the door sometime. Keep trying and we'll keep praying!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  12:21:01 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon porchies,
How are you? I have so missed you!!!! I have been busy with several things and then was having some computer issues but now I am back in the swing of things.

Miss Peggy so good to see you posting on here. I hope you are doing well.

Dana so sorry for your loss I will pray.

Melanie I think the idea for reception in your yard is good one. My stepdaughter is having her reception on the farm here. It is going to be decorarted very simple and elegant but it is less expensive. I am sure it will all work out.

My little butterflies are doing well. We now have two angel fish named bubbles and stripes. They are such interesting fish. They make us laugh all the time. Of course one little butterfly said their fins are like angel wings. I smiled and said yes they are. They are enjoying them a great deal. This week we are celebrating National Lutheran Schools Week and so they are very excited about this. We get to have pajama day, school spirit day and they do all kinds of fun activities. It is a tiring week, but fun.

I have been enjoying some wonderful teas. My current favorite is Florence from Harney and Sons. It is a black tea with Chocolate and hazelnuts in it. Yummy and oh does it ever smell delightful!!!!! Did I say delightful! I felt like I had gone to heaven when I opened that tin up.

I am also so proud I have lost 6.2 poiunds in the last six weeks since I started Weight Watchers. I am eating much healthier now and loving me.

I am so ready for spring. I am planning my herbs and a very small garden. Hubby said when did you really get into this? I said well it just sorta happened and besides it will keep me out of your hair! He laughed.

Well I have written a book. But I have missed yall so much. Church tonight and then quiet evening at home.

love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  7:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies!
Dana, I'm so sorry for your loss. We rescued a dog this summer, and we had to put her down immediately because of a tumor, and I was crying after only knowing her for a day! I can only imagine the pain after so many years.
Bunny, I'll be praying that you get one of those jobs!
Peggy, have a wonderful weekend with your grandbaby!
The past few days have been super busy! Thursday I went out to dinner with my dad and my aunt and two of my cousins, then yesterday I went shopping with one of my friends, then went to the movies with my big group of friends. Then today was our forensics team's second meet. Forensics is public speaking and acting. I didn't place individually, but our school placed third overall for small schools. Yeah! This is our first year as an official team, and we're doing pretty well! I hope that everyone is having a good weekend so far!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  03:49:37 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning, Friends! I don't have much time to sit and chat lately, but I did want to ask if you would email your full name and address to me so I can mail out the ornaments for this month's swap. Thank you! Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  12:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies, well we awoke to 32 and just 'nuff snow on the ground to cover all the mud from the past 2 rainy days. It was like a pristine, white blanket from God Himself! It almost glowed. lol
Peg, I always wanted to play a flute in school band, but my Mom said, "No,anyone can whistle." So I tried an alto sax. Didn't like that. So I joined choir and found my nitch. lol
Darlene, sounds like you and Peg can share stories and exhaustion after this w/e with the G-Kids! haha I'm sure it was worth it!
Tammy, how wonderful to hear from you . I was getting ready to bundle up in my "TeaCozy", hop on my "TeaCart" and peddle around to find you.Then I'd give you a "TeaSqueezer" of a hug and welcome you back! LOLOL Glad you remedied the puter problems. Aren't they a bugger sometimes? I always say puters are a "Love/Hate" relationship...like husbands...."Can't live with'em-Can't shoot'em!"
The Little"Dears!"
I love the idea of a room full of "Butterflies and Angel-fish"....That's a sweet combo. So happy for you...losing 6.2 #....Hoorayyy for you Girl! *lift my cup to you* I too am excited about another herb garden this year. I think I'm going to have DH till up this small area of grass we have to mow all along the sidewalk that's a pain to mow because it's so small. I have my reel mower but I'd still rather plant MORE herbs. They say you can never be too rich, too thin or have too many herbs! *ahem*....well....that's my newly revised belief anyhow! lol
K Gals, have a great evening. I feel the need for TEA right now, and a good read!
Love yuns,

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  6:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey sweet ones,
just a short checkin...wouldn't want Miss Judy to have to interupt her tea and book to search for me. It was a nice day here in my neck of the woods but they are saying we could get snow this week. Blah humbug on that. I am so ready for spring.

Spent a quiet day in the kitchen bonding with my mixer. Made brownies and cookies for the week and had slow cooker lasagna in the crockpot. It was good. Now time for tea and a good read.

Have a great evening.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://wingsofpurple.wordpress.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  05:45:59 AM  Show Profile

Well, as you can see Miss Madeline and Granmama had a good time. She was playing Bunny Ears With her Jammies.
She is so funny! But Darlene...you are right, I was running on pure adrenaline and thought I was doing great until she left yesterday and then I collapsed for a nap and felt like a limp noodle. LOL Will have to share a couple of cute stories later.

More later after Granmama Re-coupes,

Blessed and Weary,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 07 2011 05:48:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  05:51:00 AM  Show Profile

My youngest son, (25) proposed to his girlfriend Mercedies, (of two years) on Saturday up in Seattle at Sunset on The Beach. He even got down on one knee and popped the Question. He is such a traditionalist that he had even asked her dad for his daughters hand in marriage (I love it!) Her dad said, "Yes!" and She said, "Yes, yes, yes, yes!" That was after a lovely dinner at a posh new eatery there in Seattle. They are now talking a Fall Wedding...and we couldn't be happier for them! I feel blessed that both my oldest and youngest sons have chosen great wives. Cream of the Crop...if you ask me.

Blessed Among Mothers,
~ Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 08 2011 2:48:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  10:00:24 AM  Show Profile
Pam, recieved my ornaments this weekend.... how adorable the puppy is and I love the heart. Thank you so much. My tree will all the more beautiful with the ornaments I have recieved from this group.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  10:05:22 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, Sorry to be a pain. What is Dianne's handle? Can't find her email to send her my address.

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by HealingTouch

Dianne is the Ornament sister this month.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  10:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Well Peggy aren't you just sharing all kinds of pretties with us?! I'm glad you are having so much fun with your granddaughter and congrats to your son and his girl. :)

I hope everyone else is doing good. I wound up with the day off and so far the only thing I've accomplished is going to the grocery. Hmmm I could use a nap but, BIL and his brother are banging around on the roof. I feel a headache coming on. But at least they should be done with the roof today. YAY! Then we'll be back to banging around upstairs. We were having some wonderful spring like weather and it went POOF. BAck down in the 30's. BLUCK! I'm so ready for spring. I bought some seeds for the garden this morning. Not much. I figure I should start small and work my way up to a bigger garden next year.

Hope you all have a great day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  10:31:08 AM  Show Profile
Well Ladies, I finally caught a few minutes to catch up on the porch. So much goin on around here you busy girls!

I spent my mornin makin up those purse size daily planners for several people in my family. I have my mom, hubbys mom, my grandma, and my aunt that I have to coordinate with for different appointments and to drive them places. I now have everyones things wrote down for them all to see. When I need to add something I can call them and have them all add it. That way they know what days they can ask for help and what days I'm busy.

I have already marked off 2 days a week for me and they all know I go to church, so that day is marked off too. I have to be sure to schedule in all my garden tillin days, but I don't have my farmers almanac yet. My Hubby is supposed to bring me one home tonight. I am worried about everyone elses needs puttin too tight a hold on my time this summer.

We have some pretty big plans for family day trips this year. There is 4 festivals, 4 historical type parks, and 2 cavin trips we want to do this year. Thats gonna be 2 a month to get them all in!

Then there is the possibility of my oldest gettin married in august. Her boyfriend of 2 years is tryin to sign up for the national guard. They want him to take a ged test and be sent out right away. He just turned 18 & my DD will be 17 in a few months. He says if he's gonna do this he wants the sign-on bonuses and anything else to go to her instead of his mother. His mother can't be trusted to hold it for him or give it to my DD to set up a place for them.

He's a great guy and wants to take care of my DD even though she is definitely a high-maintainance kinda girl. They have been together through so much with their families and have learned how to fight fair with each other and how to be a silent sounding board for each other. I figure they have as good a chance as anybody at makin it since they have spent so much time learnin to communicate. They just can't decide if they want to have a wedding or just a justice of the peace thing and save money for an apartment. I figure my DD is just gonna want to stay here while he's overseas, so I'm tryin to get them to get a short term lease just in case.

Well, I have some garden plans waitin to be finished up so I can get started puttin out my spring veges! I'm off to my garden sketches and journals! Enjoy your day and think lots of spring-like thoughts!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  11:23:26 AM  Show Profile
afternoon all what a nice day after all the rain and we got plenty
so good to be with all you gals on the porch sipping tea today i brewed up some of teavanas almond biscotti and made some anissette biscottti to go with got plenty help yourselves..
peggyann you days are getting better and better little
Miss Madeline looks like the apple of her grannys eye
and the engagement ring WOW could blind you
what a beautiful ring and congrats on a future daughter..
many blessings for you and yours..
angela so glad things are going so well for you sweetie you deserve it.

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  12:36:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! What a gorgeous/40/sunny day we have here in NE Oh.
Peg, that GD of yours....WOW....just so doggone adorable. I'll bet you were exhausted....but satisfied. Congrats on the future DIL. That son of yours sounds like DH & I..."Hopeless romantics!" Old fashion we are too! He still opens doors for me, helps me with my coat..... So sweet!
Melanie, I got my card and tea. I'm sipping it as we...er...ahhh....write? hahaha It's so light and mellow. I didn't even sweeten it. Wonderful tea! Thank You, Thank You! I'm loving all the "TeaWisdom" you Gals are sending. It's great!
I had to giggle Mellie, when I read where you wrote about "Starting out small and making it(garden)bigger later." Honey, we moved in here and in 1990 and started and haven't stopped yet.LOLOL Every year that garden gets a little bigger, 2 ft. wider here, a 4x4 ft sq. there. It is so addicting it never stops. Who needs grass anyhow, I keep telling DH!!! ROFL As long as we have a small area to play bad-minton when my Sissy comes home to visit, we'll be allll-riiiight!!!LOL
BTW, those tomato seeds we put in the aero-grow garden are 8 inches tall already. We'll be eating yellow pear and red cherry maters before we even get the garden started. hahahaah Yeaaaaa! They'll stay in the house since they are a vine-type tomato and the roots get full and tangled down under the base in the water. I've already been cutting the suckers off of them and raising the light bar so they don't touch it and burn. They are so pretty and green. They use to send tablet food for feeding but now they send liquid packets. That's better anyhow. The tablets sometimes didn't dissolve completely. This is the BEST Toy DH has given me. *giggle*
Angela, it seems like you start to get it all organized,then someone throws another "Surprise" in for you to squeeze in....somewhere! I admire you girl. I always thought I was organized..."WOW"...you make me look disheveled. haha You go girl!
Well Gals, gonna go read awhile. I still have magazines piling up. I need to ~breeze~ thru them and pass them on.
LaterGators!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  3:15:35 PM  Show Profile
Well, here I sit, not on my porch, but at my dining room window,,,(thank goodness for laptops),trying to enjoy the few moments of fleeting sunshine that we are getting off & on today...cuz batten down the hatches,,,the next 4+ days are going to be snowy/rainy days up here in the Spokane area. Oh Joy!... NOT!!!!
But I did get to finish striping up another set of sheets to start work on yet another rag rug! So the day wasn't a total loss!
Happy Monday.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page