Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  12:07:02 AM  Show Profile
Dana...I am so sorry about your dog. I know how that feels and it is awful! I will be praying for you and the rest of the family about that. What kind of dog? Must be a smaller dog to have lived that long. I hope that my Bella lives to that age. She will be turning 4 on March 15th.

Bunny...The Purse is Beautiful! YOU are soooo talented! I agree with Judy...you deserve better than a non-committed loser. If he is afraid to go out for a harmless cup of coffee just for friendship sake then...Just blow him off, he's not worth your time and wait for the right match to come a long.

Darlene...thanks so much for reminding us about Lida's birthday. I haven't heard from her for a long time either. Maybe you should contact her and make sure she wants to participate in the things on The Porch. Sometimes LIFE happens and things change. I personally will wait to hear from you on that subject before I send out anything.

Melanie...sorry that your daughter is sick. You sound like a very good and compassionate Mom. Glad her dad was cooperative too with the visitation.

Hi Megan...how you doing cutie-pie? Getting around better at school and stuff? Have a Great Week! Learn Lots!

RFM Tammy...what is that cream called that is for Hot Flashes??? And what does it have in it? Does the Vendor
have an email address for ordering. The women in my family never completely get over HOT Flashes. My mom is 78 and still gets them, My Aunt is 70 And still gets them. Supposedly I am over Menopause but I still get them. NOT FUN!

Well I am going to go fix a cup of White Chocolate Kiss Tea and crawl in bed with a good book and my dog!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that my youngest Son Shane and I had a good time on Saturday on our Mom/Son date. We went out for Sushi (and it had been a long time since I had been out for that kind of a meal) and it was so good! Then we went to a Kohl's and I found a costume ring I was going to buy that was on sale and he took it from my and bought it for me. Then we went to his house and picked up his girlfriend and then we went to a Wine Tasting Place in Vancouver...he was buying some wine and Mercedes and I were drooling over these giant Truffles called Brownies From Heaven...so Shane got us each one of those, then we met up with my hubby at Barnes and Noble (our fave hangout!) So, it was a great day. Loved it!

Sweet Dreams Princess Warriors!
Hugs and Loves,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  04:00:34 AM  Show Profile
Pam, thank you for the beautiful ornament and pipe cleaner puppy. Your package was waiting for me when we returned from vacation. Bunny, I love the bag you made. Did you quilt it yourself? Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  10:55:45 AM  Show Profile
Bunny- you are so talented! What a beautiful purse...I would love to learn how to sew and quilt. I've bought some books to try and teach myself. Any suggestions on how I should go about learning? I would love your input

Tammy- your weekend sounds like a dream! I can't remember what naps are like so I must say im a little envious

Peggy- she's actually a lab mix and about 40 lbs so for her size, she's lived a while. Its tough because she's pretty out of it but still eats and appreciates a pat and some love. Hubby and I got into a huge fight about it...but I can understand his frustration. She's quite a bit of work and he has a hard enough time watching the kids let alone taking care of the dog. I think I may just drop her off at the vets office on the days I work and then he wont have to deal with her. I worked for this vet for years and they are like family so I can go in any time (still have a key to the place). It will be hard on me but if it helps hubby and prevents a fight then it may be the best solution. I have helped put so many animals down in my days as a vet assistant and you can feel the moment their life slips away...just don't want to do that to my best friend until I think she is done.Plus I don't think my husband has ever had that connection with an animal like we do, just like they are another of our children so I can't blame him that is doesn't understand. Sounds like you had an amazing day with you son, so glad everyting is going good for ya, you deserve it!

Have an amazing day my friends!
Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Feb 28 2011 11:10:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  11:32:45 AM  Show Profile
Dana, I'm so sorry about your dog. I had to put 2 of mine down a few years ago. They were both getting very old. The dalmation was pooping in his sleep and he would get up during the day and walk and pee without even knowing it. It broke my heart but he was ruining the house. My other dog "Scooby" just wouldn't get up one day. He was 142lbs and I couldn't lift him. I finally was able to get him into the truck and started crying so bad I forgot where the vet was.. not my usual vet. A friend had to drive us. He had a large tumor against his lungs and was filling up with fluid. It was so peaceful when he went. But I miss them both daily. I feel for you big time.

On a happy note: thanks so much for the comments on the purse. I would love to sell them but am afraid the price would be too high. I would have to charge about $100.00 to make it work. The fabric alone is 4 1/2 yards as it has a lining and an inner fabric for the crazy patch. I'm thinking about making some smaller ones that don't take as much fabric. This one can go over your shoulder. The smaller one's would only be able to go over your arm. What do you guys think. I would use some feed back.

I emailed two more guys on Match.com. We will see if I get a response. This is so SCARY!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  1:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, it is a beautiful piece of work!
Dana I had to have my old boy put down this last year and I miss him very much. I read Bunny's comments on that and we both know how you feel. My other dog is getting older and that bothers me. Anyway ladies, God bless and I must get back to work.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  2:10:03 PM  Show Profile

Pam...I finally got your package darlen girl! Love the Puppy! Love the Heart Ornament! And your Note!
You left one digit off the zip-code...so, I guess they couldn't figure out where Battle Ground is! LOL

Thought I would also show the first three ornaments in our Porch Christmas Ornament Swap and show my Ornament
Tree that I am Keeping up all year long to enjoy the talents of my Porhies!

Oh, and my youngest son just called me...and I am so excited...he is purposing to his girlfriend this weekend or next!!! YAHOO!!!!! I am just so blessed that I love, love, love the women my boys have picked to marry. They are wonderful young women. Oh, I hope they don't have a real long engagement because they have already been together for two years. BUT this is the news I have been wanting and waiting to hear.

Hugs and Loves,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

SweetTsEarthlyDelights
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Tina
Old Town Florida
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  5:54:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny, Sorry about the Match.com thing. Some men are just looking for other things...If you know what I mean. Dont be down on yourself, you are a gift and the perfect guy will be intrested in you. Be honest in what you want for you and dont second quess yourself. I was married for 21 years and I still wasnt good enough for him. His loss my gain
Just as you will gain also. Be positive in who you are
Tina

quote:
Originally posted by Bearclover

Oh, I forgot! Pam thanks so much for the cute ornaments. I love the red dog! I'm putting all the ones sent into a box for next Xmas. I'll have a special tree just for them.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

http://tinasartisticramblings.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SimplyTee?ref=pr_shop
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  7:22:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello sisters! A little less crazy tonight!
Peggy, I'm doing really great! I'm walking the stairs, and I'm doing a jogging regimen now to get back in shape! How are you doing? Is it easier to move now that you're about a week and a half out of surgery? And Barnes and Noble is my favorite hangout spot, too!
Pam, I forgot to mention that I got your package! Thank you so much for the ornaments, they will look so adorable on our tree this year:)
Judy, amen to that sister!
Today went pretty well, considering it's a Monday! It's pretty crazy here in Wisconsin what with the budget battle and everything. Milwaukee isn't that bad, but MPS had a few days off last week. I just think it's a little ridiculous; Wisconsin voted for a new governor, and now we have to let him do the job we elected him to do. Off the pedestal now! I hope everyone had fabulicious weekends!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  8:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies from the Porch!

Dana...I just can't even think about you and your friend. They sure are our friend and child. Please know I am so sorry you are dealing with this sad situation. I am dreading the day...I know I will be unconsolable. I had a Boston that died in my arms one Thanksgiving morning and 18 months later my Rottweiler died in my arms. When I was on a cruise with my Mother and sisters my other Beagle had to be put to sleep. I had to put our last horse down in 2007 when my husband had his hip replacement surgery. It just is horrible and we all have to just remember all they Love! I'm crying with you sister! Big hugs and squeezes!

Bunny...count it a Blessing...he's doing you a favor! Some one will sweep you off your feet when you least expect it! Your purse is just beautiful. You are so talented!

Peggy...I will email Lida to see what is happening in her life and will let everyone know.I love your tree. Mine is very similar!

Megan...Good for you for saying they should let the Governor do his job. Glad your leg is getting better and better.

Thanks to those of you who acknowledge your receipt of the swap items. Remember the person sending them took their time to make and send them to you and would appreciate knowing they arrived safely. Thanks again!

Hugs and squeezes all!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Edited by - HealingTouch on Feb 28 2011 8:42:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  06:55:59 AM  Show Profile
Well, I said I'd be back but had no clue it would be days...
It's research paper time here for the teens and I keep getting bumped off and am too sleepy til they're done to come back to the porch.

Peggy - so, so glad to hear that your procedure was less invasive than expected and so happy that God was guiding the whole thing. Oh, and thank you for sharing the pic of your precious GD. COngrats on the next one and the new DIL.
Dana - I'm sorry to hear about your sweet pooch and hope that the end will be peaceful for all of you.
Luanne, praying for your mom, BF and you, too.
Pam, thank you for the ornaments and sweet note. I have a small faux pine I kept up after Christmas and all my MJF porch ornaments have a place of honor all year. The little white pooch is peeking out right at the top.
Bunny, I agree with the other ladies - the guy is not worth it. Consider it time saved. Keep looking. Best wishes on the job market, too.
Cherime, continued prayers and strength to you as you serve as God's hands and feet. Bless you.
Judy, you are always a spot of sunshine on the porch. Thank you.
You, too. Megan!
Angela, you are an inspiration and example of perseverance. I'm so happy to hear that your marriage is getting stronger.
Melanie, your sweet Hallie is so cute, just like her momma.
Tina, you are very talented. I love how colorful your work is.
Tammy, I would freak if I ran out of tea. It's hard to imagine letting the stash get too low. The internet sure is a blessing for tea lovers.
Darlene, thank you for always making such yummy food for the porch and calorie-free to boot. You are such a wise and generous woman. Thank you.
I'm sorry not to mention all of you, you are sweet unique individuals and you each bring something wonderful to the porch. Thank you! I just am working from memory here and it's getting older, too.
The weather here has been ...interesting... Record highs last weekend followed by heavy snow and snow days just 3 days later. Rain, sun, then thunder and lightening yesterday. Today is cold and sunny. Oh, well. This is late winter early spring in PA. Silly groundhog.
My DH is still looking for work and the severance pay ends in 2 weeks. As far as we have been able to determine he isn't eligible for unemployment since he worked for a church. I've been working to get the kids health coverage through the state and the church/pastor I work for is going to get coverage for my DH and I until we see what happens with a job for him.
Have had major stress at work the past 2 months dealing with year end tax work, annual business meeting and trying to figure a way to "handle" a particular church member who wants to tell me how to do my job. She is about 10-15 years younger than I and can be patronizing and condescending. I've always been a people-pleaser and working in a church setting does bring a different dynamic.

Wow, I've just written a book. Sorry, but thanks for letting me unload and get caught up. Hopefully, I can get back into my rhythm here. It's too special to be gone long.

Happy March!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Mar 01 2011 06:57:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  09:14:26 AM  Show Profile
Staci....Wow girl that was a nice long post. I loved it! You really helped to catch us up a little bit on your life and that was so nice. I was a Church Secretary at one time and it was one of my favorite jobs and least favorite jobs all at the same time. lol
I'm sure you will know what I mean! I worked for 7 Pastors. And there were always certain individuals who could try your Christian Love and patience to the max. One thing I learned that helped me...was to try seeing those certain individuals through Jesus' eyes and not my own. And to make a habit of praying for them. It is hard to remain upset with someone (even if they are getting on your very last nerve) if you are praying God's good and blessing over that persons life. I still continue to pray for your hubbies job situation.

Bunny...to me your purse is gorgeous but seems high price wise. I would think more like $60.00 but I don't really know what Fabric costs anymore because I only purchase it in little squares and end-pieces for crafting. So, I'm probably not a totally good judge on retail price. I just know that I have purchased Totes and bags on-line from other talented artists and not seen them as high priced as you mentioned. Hope that helps but your probably know from having your Own quilting shop what you can get out of a piece. I also know the area you live in now...people aren't going to have a lot of extra spendable income like your probably found in California. If you were in the Portland Market in some of the really Trendy Areas...Yes, you could certainly get $100.00 plus for that bag with out a blink of an eye.

Dana...I remember last year when we had to put our Sterling dog down, it was so hard but my Porchies (all Of you) had your own stories of how difficult it had been and that really helped me get through that very horrific time. Sorry that hubby doesn't really feel the same love towards your dog and doesn't want to deal with it. Both my husband and I are total dog lovers and Sterling was his dog primarily but it still was hard on me. Just the other day we were finally able to truly share some of our favorite personality traits about Sterling with each other and laugh over some of his funny antics. But it took a long time to get to that place where we could do that with out getting all choked up. My husband was just a week ago able to walk in to our Vets office for the first time to pick up Bella from being Kenneled during my surgery. Before he refused to go in and I totally could understand that. Anyway, I know you want to keep your baby as long as you can but...you don't want her/him (?) to suffer either. That is hard to watch and bear also. You have my complete empathy and tears too. It really is like letting go of a child. They are your babies!

Teacher Tammy...where have you been girl? I miss you getting on every evening and filling us in on your butterflies. I bet you are just too busy trying out all those new teas and reading a good book.

Judy...even you have not been on here much or sending me funny emails.
Did you get in trouble for too much computer time or something???
It can eat up a lot of your day if you allow it too. But for me it is my connection to Wonderful Women who make my day a better, kinder, gentler place. I just love you all!

Well, I do need to work on my March Mail-Art...so, I think I will get off here and at least get that accomplished today. I will check back in with you all later this evening.

What ever you do today...do it with zest, vitality and a big smile!

Joy In the Journey,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 02 2011 2:43:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  8:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Darlene, thank you for the kind thoughts!
Staci, I'll continue to pray for your husband and that the woman at your church lets you do your job!
I forgot to tell you guys about my service that I did on Sunday! It was so eye-opening, I have to share! My friend and I went to St. Ben's Meal Program here, and we helped serve dinner. Well, at one time, a woman and her two little grandbabies (not babies, but they were adorable!) came in to eat. My friend and I both helped one of the little girls eat, and my girl held my cross in her hand real tight and said "This stands for God." I wanted to hug her so hard! Even in the hardest of areas, I think it's wonderful that her grandmother or whoever regularly teaches her has taught her about God. She was so adorable! But I was also saddened to see that many people would only eat a little bit of their food, and then put the rest in a tupperware container to eat later. Or they would pour water or milk in a reusable cup to take with them. I can't wait to go back and help some more! Just wanted to share!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  11:57:01 PM  Show Profile
Megan...that is just an awesome service to The Lord that you did and I am glad that you want to go back and do it again. Not only will God use You and your friend to bless others but you will always walk away feeling like you are the one that really was blessed. That little girl sounded adorable and it is great that she knew
that your cross represented God (Jesus). Out of the Mouth of Babes...the Truth is often spoken louder than out of the mouths of adults. That was a precious story to share! It is sad that they have to save bits of food to eat later...but PTL for Ministries
that serve the Homeless.

Why Not Learn To Enjoy The Little Things...there are so many of them!

Big Big Hugs Megan,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 01 2011 11:59:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  10:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Two days in a row - I've made it to the porch! YEA!
Thank you for the encouraging words and emails ladies - you're the best.

Megan - thanks for sharing your story. The world could use a whole big bunch of young people like you.
Pam, I'll be praying for you and Mark through this time. It's always rough to lose loved ones but seems supremely difficult when they are young and it is unexpected.
Peggy, I love your advice and I see that you get where I'm coming from. I try to remember to pray blessings on my church family and I'm also trying to look at this as a chance to disciple this young woman. (I'm sure I'm not always the easiest person to "bear with" either.) Being on staff, I bear the brunt of her "help" but many, many other ladies in the church have been on the receiving end of her condescension. So, I'm hoping that by coming alongside her, I can help her communicate (play well) with others, too.

Well, I'm between meetings and need to get back to it. I'll set out the shortbread and a pot of Irish Afternoon Tea for any takers.
love and...
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Mar 02 2011 10:36:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  12:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Pam...I am so sorry for what you and Mark are going through. Prime example of living and loving fully each day of our lives. Let those you love know it and never leave them with a hateful word/attitude. Prayers for you both.

Megan...What can I say. You are an example for everyone, young and old. Those that are nurturing you, your parents,grandparents,teachers,clergy and anyone else have done an exceptional job in teaching you what God wants us all to be...Loving and doing unto others as we want done to us. You bring a tear to my eye for how proud I am of you. YOU GO GIRL!

Staci...still in my prayers for everything at church and for your husbands job.

Dana...how you doing? HUGS

I have Beef Stroganoff and Bread Pudding coming to the Porch...You all bring the rest! See you there!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  2:08:58 PM  Show Profile
good afternoon porchies
what a beautiful sunny day here...good to see you all
have not been on since my MIL came for her visit ..glad shes gone for now
not looking forward to another visit..this time she decided she didn't like the outfit she had on and before i knew it she had just her undies on and was walking around..what a fight to get her redressed
the energy it takes to keep her for the weekend and since it was cold and rainy
could not even take her out for a walk to tire her out..good lord shes a handful not unlike a two year old..except children are better mannered..LOL and cute ..enough of my whining..

prayers for all my sisters
blessings and hugs deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  7:06:11 PM  Show Profile
What can I say but that I love you all! You ladies always have a nice word to say, and I really love it here:) You all are so wonderful, and I am so glad that we have come to become friends, even though we all come from such different walks of life.
Staci, Peggy, and Darlene, you guys are going to make me cry! Of course everyone in my life tells me things like that, but for you guys who have never met me and the fact that I don't even have a face to put with some of you, everyone always is encouraging me to be my best. Darlene, you better include yourself and all of the ladies on the forum here to that list of people who encourage me. I love you all!
Pegs, I also hope that you are doing better! I hope that your fibro is not hindering your recovery!
Deborah, that is funny and bothersome at the same time! I definitely know some young children with better behavior!
Staci, I hope your hubby is doing better and that this woman realizes that offering help may not always be the best thing.
Nothing much to report here! My Mom and I are just chillaxing. I didn't have a lot of homework, and tomorrow is the last day of my school week, so Yay for that! Hope everyone has beautiful tomorrows!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  04:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning LadyBugs! I've been out of the loop for a little bit. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do later. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

Tea Bags~ Cards are going in the mail today.

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  07:52:28 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - The lotion was called 100% Woman and has black cohash and wild yam in it among multiple other ingredients. She has a webpage www.violetflamegifts.com I checked the site out yesterday and was surprised she didn't have the lotion listed. I'm sure if you email her from the site you can ask her about it. I've been having extremely sore breast (right before my cycle) and used this yesterday. By evening there was nearly no tenderness left and this morning none at all. I reapplied it as a preventative this morning. I've also been bloating really bad and used it on my stomach with a reduction in the bloating. Definately appears to be working for me. I can also recommend her soaps. I'm loving the chocolate mint shea & silk soap and her Energy soap (also not listed on the site).

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  1:46:25 PM  Show Profile
RFM Tammy...Thanks so much for the info on that 100% Woman Cream. I will check
out her website.

Hi Melanie...look Forward to the new tea coming our way!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  2:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies! I've been hanging in there. Just working and taking care of life. I hope everyone is good. The school where Mark teaches him asked if he would teach beginning piano. It's nice cause it means more money and I get free lessons. Mark is bringing home a keyboard tonight so he can teach me and use me as practice for the students.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  2:39:47 PM  Show Profile
So I did the deed today, put my baby down. Luckily I tranquilized the heck out of her before hand and my vet gave her a coctail before the "pink juice" so she had no idea what was going on, just went to sleep. So tough but she was doing the same things as bunny's old dog. Couldn't get up well enough to go to the bathroom and half the time ended up rolling in it. I'm sad but at least she's not struggling any more.

Bunny- I say go for it with the small purses, I can't get over how pretty that large one is!!!

Thanks (again) for all your support ladies, you are all such an uplifting group and I feel so lucky to know you all!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  2:45:19 PM  Show Profile
Dana, so sorry your friend is gone. But it sounds like you did it right. Ok, now you made me cry.
Thanks for the imput on the purses. I figured I can sell the large ones for 65.00 and the small ones for 35.00. I don't make much in labor but I'm using fabric from my shop that I paid wholesale for. So I'm at least getting retail for it and a little for my labor. They take me hours to make so paying myself isn't in the cards. Sad that if it was a painting or some other artwork it would be worth so much more. Anyway, I'm enjoying the process and if I sell some I'll be thrilled.

Back to work,
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  2:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry Dana. Much love coming your way. Here's a big virtual hug. It is never easy to let go but it is the right thing to do.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  2:55:06 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies
cold very cold but sunny here today and caught up on all my swaps and lists and work
so i'm enjoying a nice cup of white peach tea.
DANA so very sorry i've been down that road and its painful but i agree with bunny it is the right thing to do...
BUNNY your purses are beautiful.
LUANN prayers for your mom
PEGGY you sound so good praying each day brings you joyful energy...
well ladies have great evening
blessings and hugs
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page