Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  7:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Hello my dear porchies,
It is so good to see all yall on the porch.

Miss Peggy if I was closer you know I would just hug your sweet neck. It is so good to see you here. So glad to know you are feeling so good.

angela glad to see things are getting better for you. I will continue to pray for all of you.

Melanie...can't wait to see what kind of tea send our merry way.

Judy...we are to have snow later this week. I am so ready for spring.

I tell you ladies, I nearly had a panic attack as I was almost out of tea. That is a rare thing for this tealady. So I spent some time at my favorite tea stores on line and am getting restocked. No tea is not good for this Madame Butterfly.

I have to tell yall a sweet story. We were talking bout middle names and one of my dear sweet butterflies said I wonder if God has a middle name. I said no He is just God. My butterfly said well that is good he is God cause we sure need Him in our world. But I may ask him what he would like his middle name to be if he was to have one. I thought that was just so cute.

I went to weight watchers and lost .6 pounds and overall in 5 weeks I have lost 5.6 pounds. That makes me feel good. I am learning to eat better and finally learn to deal with some bad snack habits.

Well dear ones it has been a busy day with my butterflies, meetings, and things so I am off to shower and read and then bed.

Love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  8:59:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies!
Peggy! So glad to see you getting on after your surgery:) I hope your fibro doesn't affect your healing progress.
Pam, I'm so sorry for your's and Mark's loss. I'll be praying for you:)
Oooh Bunny! A budding romance! I hope all goes well!
Tammy, that is too cute!
Nothing really big here, except that more snow came today! Oh, and our school is doing a blood drive next week, and while I'm not able to participate, I did buy a t-shirt to benefit the Wisconsin Blood Center. I just want to bring attention to giving blood, because it is so important. One unit of blood saves 3 lives. It is especially important if you are O-negative, the universal blood type, because your blood can save anyone. I remember a few years ago our blood bank was almost out of that type, and I wished I could have donated, but I was too young. Just a little community awareness!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  12:27:20 AM  Show Profile
Pam...give Mark a hug from Mom. Tell him I am so sorry about both of his friends! That is a lot to emotionally deal with all at once. But I know his sweet woman will be there comforting him, loven on him and encouraging him! You are such an adorable couple! ~ Can't wait to get our ornaments! I love knowing something good is coming in the mail.~Your work case sounds intense! How is your boss doing these days? I would worry about YOU if I hadn't given your job situation over to God. He must have you hedged in with His protection to allow you to stay there. I Trust HIM...your boss and clients...NOT SO MUCH!

Bunny...well girlfriend, glad to hear your mom is doing better and that you have some positive things to
look forward to with the Quilting Classes, possible job (which YOU can turn The Shop's bad reputation around) and the possible coffee date with a perspective "Man" Candidate for friendship and companionship. You will have to bare with us girls...we'll have you married off before you even meet the guy. LOL

Megan...you go girl on campaigning for the blood drive. That is a very important cause. We should all be as
fired up about it as you are! Wear your T-Shirt Proudly and spread the word!

Madame Butterfly...Mercy Me I am sure your wings would dry out and curl-up with out their daily cups of Tea to keep them hydrated! Glad you got those orders made before something drastic happened! ~ I felt your big warm hug from afar! Thank You...I love hugs and will take all I can get! ~ Your butterfly story was adorable! You could tell her that God does have a middle name and it is "God" because his first name is "Almighty". :+)

Tina..."The Invocation" is just Beautiful! What talent you have
girl! Wowzie! Thank you for blessing us with that. Hope we will get to see more of your work in the future.

I still feel full of energy and have been taking advantage of it. I can't believe how much my heart affected my fatigue levels before. I always attributed it all to the Fibro. I am getting a bit of pain tonight due to the impending rain and snow storms but that is just a given with the Fibro/and arthritis.

Here is a thought for your day or night or whenever:
"The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway."

Sweet Dreams My Angel Girls,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 23 2011 12:34:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  07:18:10 AM  Show Profile
Melanie - I was a loner in school too. Yes, it's hard, but hopefully she'll meet somebody one day who will be a BFF for her. I read a lot to occupy myself. I also had a lot of animals for living in the city - my dog was my best friend. My youngest son is also a loner and finds companionship online on gaming sites. Now that he's working, he has found friends in the older age groups and he's gradually spending less and less time on the computer. I homeschooled all four of my kids and they all had issues with hanging with kids their own age - they couldn't stand "the stupidity" of their own age groups and I remember having the same issues myself.

Glad to see everybody is doing well and surviving these crazy storms we've all been having. We got hit by another storm Sunday. We had decided to go ahead and go to the RV and camper show since they predicted the snow wouldn't start until after 4pm - wrong again. It was very slow traveling to get back home. They'd predicted 2-4 inches and by the time we got home we already had 6. I think my man said we got roughly 10 inches - 24th highest snowfall in Detroit history (per the news report). Thankfully we didn't get any of the sleet they had predicted. I'll take snow over ice any day. This morning we woke up to 2 degree temperatures - burr. Where is global warming when you need it LOL.

I had my menues all planned out for my grocery shopping yesterday and scrapped them when I found some awesome meat markdowns. They had hams marked down more then 50% off. I ended up buying one that was originally priced at almost $32 for $12 - that's a deal. So, my new menu plan will be based around ham LOL They also had 4 packs of organic ground chuck marked down so I grabbed those too. I so wish I had a freezer so I could have grabbed all the marked down hams.

Well, break is over. Hope everybody has an awesome day and maybe I can join everybody later for a cup of tea and a nice chat.

This month is getting away from me quickly this month. Thought I was on top of all my swaps and realize I'm running out of time to get everything completed, but I'll get it done. I'm also trying to get a care package put together to send to my son (Army).

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  8:30:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening Porchies....I've been away for a while. Can't believe all that I've missed. Girl Scouts and cookies have been on my brain for the last week. We start doing cookie booths on Saturday. The craziness begins. I love working with the girls though.

My mother and I have been working on a list for our garden. It's a little longer this year since we'll be sharing the land to grow. My soil here at the house is nothing but clay and pretty much downhill. Theirs is flat and pretty good soil. We plan on canning and freezing a lot. I imagine that I will give away some and sell some too. I'm going to try my hand at herbs. I'm following the Farmer's Almanac and here in KY we usually don't plant until after Derby Day. That's when we know that there won't be anymore heavy frost to kill the plants. I've been thinking about garlic too. I never thought about raising it until I saw it in MJF. Now my curiosity is peaked and I must try it.

I'm hoping to be on here more now that I've slowed down a bit with some of my other activities. I missed coming to the porch. I need to get some sleep now. Morning comes fast. I will see you all tomorrow night. Sweet dreams!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  04:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Ladybugs! I've been out of the loop a few days, job has me stressed out. :(

Pam~ So sorry to hear about everything you and your guy are going through. Sending hugs and prayers to you both.

Bunny~ Yippee! Work and maybe a date. :) I found my Jeremy on a dating site, Plentyoffish. I knew him when we were just kids. He of course doesn't remember that far back. LOL Anyhoo we have been together 5 years now. Good luck!!

Tea Bags~ I'm getting cards ready to go. :)

Tina~ Beautiful painting. Wow! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Hallie has found a couple of new friends. They've been playing together the last couple of days. I took my oldest to freshman orientation last night. Where does the time go? She's taking mostly honors classes so I almost expect them to fuss about one of her electives- Technology Systems.
I'm really aggravated with my job. I'm mean really, really aggravated. The other night at the apartments this girl and her bf (neither one of them are even supposed to be there because they cause so much trouble) were there visiting her mother and got into this huge fight. Well let's just say it ended with her throwing a whole pie at his head in the stairwell. Pie everywhere. My mom had a talk with her mom, telling her that I am sick and tired of cleaning up after her daughter and I won't do it anymore so she had better get this girl to clean it up. Well they cleaned up most of it, but there is still pie in the floor and all over the handrails. The main office manager was out sick yesterday so I talked to the assistant manager about it. She looked at the mess and shrugged it off like it was nothing. Every week it gets worse. I come into a bigger mess everyday. Dog urine and feces on the floors, trash, toliets deliberately stopped up with toliet paper rolls and all kinds of yuck, fished a penthouse magazine out of the commode one day... I don't know. The assistant manager said she would talk to this woman about the mess, but I don't think she did. I love cleaning residences. If only I could just up and quit the apartments and book some homes. Wouldn't that be great!?

Sorry for the rant ladies. Think I will go have a cup of tea and chill out till time to go.
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  04:58:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone -

Sorry I've been away so long - I don't even know where to start. I got a phone call from my Mom on February 8th in the AM that the doctors found some problems with her stress test and wanted her admitted to the hospital immediately. She had a neighbor coming to take her (the hospital is about 40 miles away). I left immediately and got there about 7:00 p.m. In the following days she had an exploratory catheterization, 2 stents inserted, an exploratory electrophysiology, and then finally a combination pacemaker/defibrilator inserted. She came home on February 16th and I stayed with her another week. I got home to PA last night. My cousin from Florida flew up to Vermont and will stay with Mom for a couple more weeks. At the point we are hoping she will be released by the doctors to stay alone, but if not I will need to go back up there and see about moving her here to PA with me. I can't afford to give up my job here (22 years, pension, etc.).

BF is going for his stress test this AM. I am praying he doesn't need surgery also. I can't take care of him here and Mom 300 miles away plus keep up with my job.

Tina - I'd love to talk to you about beekeeping when I have time. It is still deep winter here, so our bees are tucked away for the winter. Beekeeping in FL may be a lot different than what we have to do in a cold weather climate.

Peg - I'm so glad your surgery was successful.

Anyway - I'm going to try to catch up on all the posts I've missed, but know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  09:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Luanne...My goodness girl you have a lot on your plate right now. Just know that you are surrounded with prayers and that your Porchies love and miss you...but we are here for you, whenever you can get those small mini breaks and check-in!

Melanie...Praying for your Apartment job for you. Nobody should have to put up with that kind of cleaning mess. I live In a Senior Complex...so believe me I know how awful people can be with not caring that their messes affect us all. And some people's living habits are creepy and awful. I will pray that you can get some Home Jobs where you don't have to put up with but one families messes. That can be bad enough. Have you ever thought of cleaning for small businesses? ~ Glad to hear Hallie has made a couple of friends. That is answer to prayer! ~ Have a good day and remember God has your back!

RFM Tammy...wow you got some good buys at the Grocery Store! I love when you can hit those at just the right time. With the price of groceries going up up and up...we all need those good buys these days. I started stocking up...if our stores have things on sale that we need and use regularly...then I will buy 2 instead of 1. It really helps. The other day I found Numi flowering Teas marked down to 50% off and I just grabbed one of the Lavender White Teas and threw in my cart...but when I got home I kicked myself for not getting more. So, I went back the next day to buy one of each...and the entire display had been removed. Then I really kicked myself! lol

Boy the Porch has been Quiet this week. Everyone dealing with a lot of bad weather and difficult circumstances it seems like. We got an Artic Freeze in last night and this morning it is in the low 20's. Very Cold for us in Western Washington.

Well, I will check back in later My Lovelies! Have a Beautiful Day and remember: "Life is a Verb not a Noun."

Hugs, Smiles and Sunshine,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  09:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Luanne-Hang in there lady! I'm so sorry that everything is happening at one time. How did the BF's stress test come back? Big hugs coming your way.

Peggy-you guys got the worst of it. We got nothing! Everyone was going crazy around here like it was the end of the world. People were stocking up on food-I just wanted to shout, " We live in modern times people, in a city-we aren't even getting 24 hours of snow, you don't have to worry about going Donner party on everyone!" I swear! LOL! Work is still crazy but luckily icky boss is gone for a few days. He has been in a mood the past couple of days and coming in smelling like he just stepped out of a bar. I mentioned it to him yesterday about how the patients can smell alcohol on him. He didn't say anything. I do have a couple of leads that involve crafting and me writing, I hope they pan out. Prayers for me!

Has anyone gotten their ornaments yet?

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  07:04:54 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies,
I'm back a few pages trying to catch up with what's been happening. I've missed y'all and have been thinking of and praying for you.
be back later...

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  09:45:04 AM  Show Profile
Pam...Loved your "Donner Party" Comment...so true around here huh? Portland Snow Attitude is even crazier than over here. But people from this side of these two states should visit the Eastern Parts of The States and they would know what real snow is, how to drive in it and that you don't have to buy a snow shovel for 1 inch of snow that is going to melt before you get the shovel out of the garage. lol I come from Eastern Washington, and I learned to drive in snow and they never shut the schools down unless you got 12 + inches over night. And then maybe you got one snow day and you went back the next day even if it snowed another foot the day before. Funny the different attitudes! ~ Good for you for speaking up about the boss and his new mouthwash! lol Hope he is keeping his gun where it belongs! ~ Pam...no ornaments yet! Maybe today! I know the Post Office has been cutting way back on their help and have even talked about closing all together...Nation wide. How stupid is that? We may have to go back to pony-express I guess.

Hi Staci girl...how goes it? We have missed you too!! Has hubby had any luck in the Job arena? We are still praying. How is your weather? We are cold here with an Arctic Front but all the snow they predicted moved to Eastern Washington and Oregon. My Sister lives in Spokane and they got 14 inches a couple of days ago and more coming this weekend. We were suppose to get 3-4 inches here and in Battle Ground we got about 1 inch and it melted almost before you could enjoy looking at it! LOL I just took Bella out and it is really cold out right now. In the low 20's which for us is like -10 below...because we have a moist cold here. And we are all Weinnies! :+)

Hey Nurse Darlene...got a question for you Darlen: after you have surgery like I had...does it somehow affect your bodies hormones? I have had real high "Highs" with huge energy bursts and real low "Lows" where I just burst in to tears and have no energy. I do not have mood swings normally...I am pretty even-keel all the time. Let me know what you think. Also they took me off Metoprol (Heart medication -cold turkey)...could that make a difference?

Well, I am hopping back into a warm bed with my hot tea and a good book. Hubby had to work today (poor baby...but I can really have a Pajama day and feel absolutely "NO Guilt"!

Love and Hugs,
~Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 26 2011 09:51:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  09:51:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchie ladies.. Well, I never heard from my match.com man. I think he chickened out. I know he is still on match.com as I checked and it said he was current the last 24 hours. So he got my email. I'm bummed. I sent him one more this morning telling him I just want to make a new friend in a new town. No agenda. We will see. We seemed to be doing great in November, I'm not sure what scared him off.
I have at least been sewing and I actually felt happy yesterday for the first time. I had nice music on and making something for no reason. It felt good. Now I just need to get back to making things to sell. It is always hard to know what people are willing to spend money on. BTW Peggy, I forgot to take a photo of my jacket. It is at the quilt shop now hoping to drum up students. I'll get a photo next time I'm down there.
Luanne, I'm so sorry about your family and medical issues. The stress on you will make YOU sick. Sounds like moving mom may be a good idea.
Melanie, cleaning private homes sounds like a good idea. You should advertise and put a magnetic sign on your car. I bet you will get stopped at the grocery store and all over for your services. Make up a brochure. You could also do pet sitting for people going out of town. I was thinking of doing something like that here. I charged 15.00 for the first visit for up to 2 animals and 10.00 for the second visit that day. Then add 5.00 per additional pet. I would collect the mail, water plants, walk the dog... basic stuff. People hate to board their pets when they go away. The only thing is you might need to get bonded and insured because you are going into peoples houses when they are not there. Anyway, give it a thought. I'm going to. I don't have the energy for cleaning houses anymore. But the pet sitting thing is something I'm thinking about.

I got my mom to start dealing with all the clutter in the basement. I made a nice sitting area with a heater. I sewed and she got through 2 boxes of papers. (years of bank statements and such). Today we deal with boxes of junk. I think we are making headway. She wants to use "her" side of the basement for crafts and sewing.(she'll never do it" But it is getting her motivated to deal with all the stuff she has collected. I talked her into a yard sale later this year. She doesn't have much money so the draw of making money was a help.

Anyway, off to clean kitty boxes and warm up the sewing machine.
Pray this guy gets his courage up and askes me to coffee. I need some under 70 year old conversation.
Bunny
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  1:33:01 PM  Show Profile
Melanie-you and your daughter are so sweet! I was a bit of a loner too in school, with maybe 1 or 2 friends throughout school until my last 2 years of high school. I can imagine how you feel but it's one of life's struggles that seems many of us have been thru. She'll be ok. And that apartment job..oh my! Although I would have loved to see a pie thrown at someone

Peggy-So glad to hear you're doing well (overall). I can imagine with the stress of what you went thru that you will have some ups and downs for a while. Just eat some chocolate on the down days!

Tina-that painting is beautiful! My daughter saw it and said "look mommy, a princess!" It gets her seal of approval too

Bunny-glad things seem to be turning around for you! One of my best friends' father met his wife on an online dating service and they've been married well over 15 years now and super happy, so keep searching. I think those sites are pretty effective

Angela-good for you guys to stick to your guns with MIL. I'm so happy to hear your husband has seen the light too!

Pam- I got my ornaments in the mail and just love them to pieces! My kids call the little dog "Clifford"

The snow has been terrible here. We must have over 2 feet most everywhere and the drifts by the fence are between 5 and 6 feet. We are down to one car because the van we have can't handle the snow on the roads and so hubby has had to drive me to work the last few days. I do love the snow though, so pretty. Other than that, I've just been working alot and trying to work ourselves out of debt. Best of all (sense the sarcasm?), I get to spend my days off cleaning up after my husband being home with the kids for the days I've been working. It always amazes me what his definition of clean is. I just tell myself he has poor vision and can't see the dirt (yes, I'm lying to myself but it keeps me from getting angry). I do the same thing with those speed demon drivers...just tell myself they have a bad case of diarrhea and need to get to a bathroom. Well, back to cleaning...

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Feb 26 2011 1:38:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  1:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Well, my match.com guy emailed me back. Yea! Still no date but he said he has been working late and didn't check his email until today. I told him I would like to meet him. No response as yet. Time will tell. I truly hate the process. I would much rather meet someone in a social setting. But don't have any opportunities present themselves except for a potluck at my moms LDS church. I'm not quite ready for that just yet.

Dana, George Carlin had a saying. Men and women are crazy and stupid. Women are crazy because men are stupid. I think if it weren't for us... they would still be happy living in caves.

Anyway, pray my "friend" gets the courage to ask me out for coffee soon.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  2:46:12 PM  Show Profile
Dana...great advice on The Chocolate Therapy. I like your style girl!

Pam...no, ornament again today. Just wanted to let you know!

Bunny...men still want to be in caves. Now they just call them "Man Caves".

Off for a Mother/Son date with my youngest.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 26 2011 11:41:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  5:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi all you Lovelies!

Peg...I do believe it is from stopping the med so abruptly. It should even itself out soon. All these darn meds wreck havoc with our bodies, especially if we are on several. The interactions can be crazy. Who would have thought that all those years of fibro was caused by my BP meds. Of course no one is kind enough to tell you and all the literature you get tells you everything and if you aren't a medical person it scares you to death. Are you on hormones, thyroid meds or meds for depression? If so, might need an adjustment. Email or call me if you want. My fees are cheap! LOL!

Pam...How cute are your ornaments, GF! I am putting a pin back on my dog and he is going on my denim jacket! The pink heart is so you! Love them both. You know Peg and I will have to knock some sense into your boss if he doesn't straighten up!LOL!

Tina...Beautiful picture! What talent. I can't even draw a straight line!

Luanne...Poor sister! You must be a nervous wreck! Email me if I can help you. Prayers for you all.

Birthday girl for March is Lida on the 19th! I hope she is ok, haven't heard from her for awhile.

Bunny...Hang in there...sounds like he's coming around. How are your boys doing?

Dana...You sure have alot of snow. The man thing must be universal...I deliberately put things at the door that need to go out and he just leaves them there. I can barely walk some days when my back is bad and he still does nothing! Whatever...When we get to heaven we will be pampered by Jesus! The red dog does look like clifford!

Praying for you all!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  09:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Bunny~ I do have a few homes I clean. Plus I have the apartment complex. To be completely honest the apartment complex really should have a cleaning crew, but they don't pay enough to hire a couple of other people. I'm insured and bonded. It gives me adn my client's peace of mind. :) The only thing with individuals though, is finding one that's serious about a long-term housekeeper. Three out of my five homes are awesome. (One is really new so we will see.) I know they have every intention of keeping me around. Others want someone to clean for them, but then think of how much money they will save doing it themselves yadda, yadda, yadda. Hey can't blame 'em, I tend to be the same way. If it's something I can do for myslef why waste the money, but then I also don't hire someone and then let them go. The pet sitting sounds interesting. I don't know if I would get much call for that around here. Most folks have friends or relatives they tend to ask for help from them to do those things. But I could post an ad and see if there's any response. I've also thought about an errand service. LOL to the cave thing! Hope your "friend" calls soon. :)

It has been a long weekend. My older two went to their dad's house Friday night. The youngest stayed home because his big truck is broke down and they won't all fit in the ranger. So anyhoo he asked me to keep her and take her to the ball game. Well we didn't make it to the ball game. Poor little thing was up half the night choking on mucus and woke up with a 103 temp. Her dad heats with wood and the air in his house tends to be really dry so I called him and asked if would be ok if she just stayed with me this weekend. I told him what was going on with her and he was actually really cool about it. Which is just crazy, cause he's usually the total opposite. But I told him that maybe she should come over next weekend if she feels better and they could hang out together, just the two of them. We still had to help my mom move yesterday. :( Hallie just hung out in the apartment, rested and colored in this 3-D explosion color book we found at the drug store. After we got back home we piled in my bed and watched a movie and worked on my scarf some more. Then Jeremy came down and Hallie tormented him. They are two peas in a pod. LOL She had another night of coughing and snotting and now complaing her ears hurt. It's almost 11 am and she is still asleep. That's not like her. She is always the first one out of bed and running. I keep checking on her, but I'm just gonna let her sleep as long as she wants to. There is so much of this crud bug traveling through our area right now. It's just awful.

Well girlfrieds, Hall Bug is up so I'm gonna go hang with her for awhile. See ya'll later.
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  11:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
It seems everyone is doing well; I can't sit for long. I have homework and I'm going to help at the meal program downtown later! I'll be on later!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  11:53:34 AM  Show Profile
Well, the match.com man seems to be bailing. He has been on Match.com but didn't respond to my email suggesting we get together. He doesn't seem like the fraidy cat type. So I guess I'll just pass on this one. I figure if he can't get the nerve up on a weekend.. well, he is just not into me.
A little depressing. I have a hard enough time feeling good about myself without being led along with a guy not really interested.
I'm sewing to at least do something productive.
Anyway, off my pity pot for now.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  11:55:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot! Pam thanks so much for the cute ornaments. I love the red dog! I'm putting all the ones sent into a box for next Xmas. I'll have a special tree just for them.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  2:11:24 PM  Show Profile
Bunny- love the george carlin saying!lol! Id tell it to hubby but after the arguement we got into last night it may not be well receivedd right now. Ill definitely share it with themil though. And I wouldn't worry about some dumb guy who is to chicken to follow thru...you don't want that kind of guy anyways.

Looks like I am going to put my dog down on wednesday. She has been my best friend for 15 years but she's mentally just not there anymore and has a hard time walking. Im so sad about it but I guess the time has come. I keep hoping that she will just go in her sleep but I guess that it isn't meant to be

Hugs to everyone,

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  3:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Dana, I am so sorry. That is the hardest thing ever to do but usually the best.

Bunny-forget him! There are so many other fish in the sea that you'll find a good catch.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  4:03:44 PM  Show Profile
Hello-hello! Thanks for the B-Day heads-up Darlene. I got caught up with the weekly posts. Lots going on. Bunny....if it ain't happenin' with the "Dude", then it ain't spose to!! Let him be! There are better men out there. And you deserve better, in my book!
All my Porch-buds are special in their own way and deserve the best. No bottom rung, no middle of the row... the Best! We are Strong, Beautiful, Independent Women. Nobody can brow beat us, and nobody can make us feel inferior. We don't need to hang our heads and we don't need to feel ashamed. We are Gods'Creation! Amen? Amen!! ....ANNNDDD....we have each other to lean on and we WILL hold each other up! We are MaryJaneSisters!!!
*whew*...*steps down from soap-box*....NOW....somebody give me some "Chocolate". Clearly that little speach left me PlumWoreOut!
I Love Yuns! (in case you couldn't feel it...just thought I'd tell ya)

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  4:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I agree with the Dude comment. And I did have my chocolate. I made an amazing cheesecake desert the other night and it and a cup of tea did nicely.
Also, here is my latest sewing creation. Sewing always makes me feel better.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2011 :  4:27:38 PM  Show Profile
Bunny - The purse is awesome! Sorry about the man not working out. I met my fiance on EHarmony and can highly recommend it. I tried both match.com and plentyoffish.com - neither worked out well. I actually ended up with 2 guys I met stalking me off of plentyoffish which is more than a bit scary. It takes longer to get through the initial phase questions with the other person but I think it weeds out a lot of people so you don't waste your time. I always suggested immediate contact by email or phone instead of using the additional questions they offer. I found my match in 2 months - he'd been on 18 months. If you make an account and don't sign up they'll post discounted specials periodically. Supposedly if you call you can get specials too.

Well porchies, hope everybody had a great weekend. The man and I just got back from our mini weekend vacation. It was so relaxing to go to a hotel, hang out with friends, and just relax. We both slept a lot so I guess we needed it. I heard the same thing from several others about just feeling drained and sleeping/resting a lot over the weekend. I found a beautiful sari that I had to buy. Can't wait to wear it for bellydancing. There were several vendors selling homemade soaps and lotions, but one had soaps that I just loved the scents of so I picked up 5 bars of soap and a jar of cream for woman that is made for cramps, hot flashes, etc.... Smells like an oil I bought years ago and it definately helped with cramps. We got back about noon, so I've been leisurely catching up on the laundry. We both kicked back and read for a while and I even got a short nap in :O) This is the way weekends are supposed to be!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page