Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  3:58:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Goils! It's so interesting to see all the changes in your lives....some good ... some not so good! But the Lord is still on the throne and is still in the business of hearing and answering prayer. Keep pulling at the hem of His robe. He hears you!
So glad that you all are enjoying the e-cards I found on that doozycard site. There are so many cute and funny cards that don't be surprised if one lands in your e-mail at random .... for no apparent reason. I may just have figured that you needed a Giggle that day!
Have a....no....MAKE it a "Good Day Goils!" Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  9:05:33 PM  Show Profile
We just went into a high wind warning. It said we would get 30-40 mph winds with gusts up to 60 tomorrow. It's supposed to rain also which I won't mind but I don't like the high winds. We may have snow again by weekend. I didn't think spring was here yet. Yes, we all have things happening in our lives, some good, some not so good. I have three of my grown, supposed to be adult children fighting amongst themselves over inheritences and taking sides on one of my sons divorce. Life sure can throw us some curves sometimes. It was a good day until the phone started ringing and I had to listen to this he said, she said mess. There's an emergency court hearing in the morning so my son can get the court to grant him permission to see his children. He was in Afghanistan when the divorce went through so he didn't have his say. It's the children that are being hurt over this as they miss their dad. My prayers tonight will be for this to be straightened out for my grandchildren's sake.
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  04:28:34 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I am half way back from illville and starting to feel more like my ole self. Woo Hoo.

I may never catch up on all the reading here, ya'll been very busy while I was away. Hope everyone is doing well and as always my prayers go out to each and everyone.

I have a small request. I think March is my month for tea bag exchange but I can't find the post that tells who has what month.

If someone could repost that I would be very grateful. I have the tea bags ready but don't want to send them out on the wrong month.

Thanks and hope everyone has a wonderful day

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  04:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy~ Your granddaughter is a doll! So cute :)

Tammy~ Great job on the baby blanket!

Angela~ Glad to hear you and hubby are working things out. Keep hanging in there. Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Betty~ I can't blame ya about the winds. We have a huge gum tree in the back yard that doesn't handle the wind well at all. Sad to hear about the "kids". Sending hugs and prayers your way. I don't understand how or why a judge would allow a divorce to go through while a parent is overseas. Our court system around here is not much better. It's disturbing. Praying everything gets straightened out. {{Hugs}}

Would you ladies say a prayer for my friend's son, Caleb? She had to take him to Riley's in Indianapolis the other day. He has cystic hydroma (i think that's the name and sp?). It is in his neck. Sometimes it's not so noticable, but when he gets sick it flares up and gets huge. The doc said it's infected and they'll have to keep him a few days to get that taken care of. After that we don't know what they will do. They are not sure it can be removed as it wraps around his jugular and some other main artery. And prayers for her too please. Indy is a 4 hour drive from here and she suffers from anxiety. So that has her rattled as well as being worried about her little boy. She is a sressed out mess. :( Thanks ladybugs!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  07:47:54 AM  Show Profile
Melanie... Riley has saved all 3 of my girls lives. My oldest developed cat scratch fever at 10y/o and spent 2 months there bein treated. Then my middle had to have spinal surgery for a massive tumor and even had to have the lower 2 vertabrae dissassembled to remove all of it. She was there for weeks recoverin. Then my youngest had to spend the first 6 weeks there in the nicu due to an enlarged heart valve and liver. I love riley!!! They are God hands!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  09:51:07 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone, so much going on. It sounds like everyone is busy, so much going on.

Angela,I'm so glad things are heading in a good direction for you! If my son and wife allowed me to live in an
apartment, I would be so greatful. I also would be as nice and helpful as possible so I could see him more often.

Darlene, I'm so sorry you are in pain. It takes all the joy out of everything. I hope you feel better soon.

Melanie, I was thinking you may have to keep Honey man from hurting himself before the wedding. Otherwise he may be gimping up to the alter.

Not much going on in my world. Just cleaning, cooking and whatever else needs to be done. My mom has been taking pain pills for her foot and sleeps most of the day. I stopped making her breakfast so she would get out of bed. She pretty much has stopped doing anything around the house. I'm starting to feel more like a housekeeper than a daughter. One good thing about her sleeping all the time, I have been able to clean out cupboards without her knowing. I have found stuff from when I was little that she still has and not used.
I visited the quilt shop in town again. She said she isn't doing very well. Everyone goes to Portland to buy fabric. I'm going to do a beginning sewing class for her. Hopefully someone will sign up. She sounds like she is pretty fed up with the locals. I know how that feels. It doesn't look very good. I haven't heard from the other quilt shop in the next town over either.
I applied for a bunch of jobs at Safeway.Not that they were hiring but their website let me apply anyway. My mom knows the CEO of the local hospital from church. She said she would talk to him on Sunday and see if he could help. I applied for two positions there and either would be great as the pay is decent. Not enough to get a place of my own but it would be a start.
I finally started sewing again. It was hard just to turn on the sewing machine. I feel damaged somehow from the move. I miss my house in California terribly. I miss my kids even more. It is hard to see a positive future right now. I just need to get a job and get out of this house! At least during the day.

Sorry to sound down. I haven't posted for a long time because of it. My money is running out and I get panic attacks every once in a while. I don't like not feeling in control of my life. I have a hard time believing this is what God wanted for me. I keep praying for guidance and direction.

Stay warm and healthy porchies.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  09:55:15 AM  Show Profile
Melanie...prayers going out for Caleb and his mommy. That sounds like such a difficult medical situation...and no wonder mommy suffers with anxiety! Mercy Me! Does this friend know the Lord? If she would just turn on her Christian Radio Station while she drove it would really help her focus on The Lord and not on her circumstances...and calm her nerves a great deal and give her peace.

Guess What Girls? I woke up to snow this morning! Big old puffy snow-globe swirly flakes. It is beautiful and I have been wanting it but the timing stinks with my surgery tomorrow. On a good day it is 45min to an hour to get to this particular hospital...on a snow day...I don't know...it could literally take hours. Our area of the country drivers freak out over an inch of snow. Both my husband and I learned to drive in snow...so we will make it to the Hospital...the problem is will the roads be grid-lock and will the Surgeon even make it????
Good example of being careful what ya pray for!

Theresa...I emailed you about the Tea Bag Swap. Glad you are feeling among the living now...and not so sick.

Betty...did your high winds die down? We had those the other night too and we have a bird reserve right behind us (all huge tree in there) so
I always pray that nothing comes crashing through the roof here too.

Judy...do you have to pay to use that e-card site? They do have about the cutest cards I have seen. But again...I say the dog was a little creepy giving your signature sign-off. LOL

Hey all you readers on the Porch. Don't know if we have any Sci-Fi readers out there but you know me, I read a wide genre...any how I just started a great read yesterday called I am Number Four it
is a riveting read. Thought I would pass that along. Oh, and it comes out in Theaters this Friday in the Northwest anyway.

Well, let you all go and will check back early tonight. Have to go to bed early to be at the Hospital at 6:00 am. (I haven't seen 6:00 in years!!!)lol I am glad they will be putting me to sleep then I can get caught back up. They faxed me a very bleak consent form yesterday telling me all the risks from stroke to death. I'm just thankful that I know the Great Physician or that would have freaked me out.

Hugs and Loves,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  10:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I hope your surgery goes well. I'm sure you will do fine. I'm a little jealous for the snow. We didn't get any. However, with all my mom's dr appointments, I'm glad I don't have to drive in it. I know we will all say a prayer for you and will be waiting to hear how it went.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:24:00 PM  Show Profile
Tammy-the quilt is so pretty! Good work!

Peggy-The girls are VERY different. My oldest is very anal and organized, outspoken and very princess like. The little one lives to destroy Sophia's organized stuff, she's much more quiet and more of a tomboy at this point. Both are super lovey though, which is my favorite part. I forgot you have another gb comming! Too much fun! We are thinking of maybe one more but gotta get going on it by summer if we do because I'm getting too old. BTW...good luck tomorrow and post as soon as you are able as to how you are doing, I'll be thinking of you.. you can get in (and handle it)

Melanie-sending prayers Caleb's way

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to creep you out Peggy. LOL They are great tho, aren't they? I've sent talking ones to a couple of people now. My Sister loved it because it was like I was talking to her. I'm just fascinated how they do it. I type in what I want it to say, and they say it. Neat!I paid 8.95 to join. It was 19.95, so after I signed up, I changed my mind. Later they sent me an e-mail and said it was now 8.95. Someone told me awhile back that if you start to order something, then cancel it, they will do everything in their power to make you a customer. I believe that, because I've done it a couple of times now
Betty, hold tight Girl. We had that wind about 4 nights ago. I actually felt the house quiver when those gusts hit it....bedroom is upstairs.Creepy.
Peggy, you will be in my prayers tomorrow....even more than lately. :-)
All of you who are hurting, I send a gentle(((hug)))out to you!
All of you hanging on by a thread....just tie a knot in the end of that thread, and HAAAANG ON....God sees you!
Take care Girls1

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:39:44 PM  Show Profile
evening porchie
what a beautiful day here.. hope they just keep coming..LOL
did some indian (as in india) cooking tonight just for fun
pretty good...being a vegan this suites me to a tee..lots of interesting recipes.
i like spicy so right up my alley..and of couse i had to make a really nice chai
goes perfect with this food..not sure what they would serve for dessert? i slice up mangoes
enough of my dinner..

peggy Madeline is so adorable
hoping all goes smooth as silk for you..good luck and i.m praying for you honey
angela so glad your back in a way good to hear hope in your words

melanie we did squares for a quilt for caleb and send them to be sewn together and backing. hoping for pics and will share them with all of you.i prayer for that sweet boy,
night all prayers for all blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  5:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi all! For some reason I thought I had posted but it got lost in cyberspace. I've been busy with work and finishing up some stitchy stuff for swaps. I have been thinking of all of you and hoping you are doing well. We had a great Valentine's. Mark cooked up steak and lobster. The dessert was raspberries and cream with chocolate covered poprocks (remember those?)it was soooo good!

Peggy-I may have missed it but how did the procedure go? How long are you going to be at the hospital?

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  8:43:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Angela, I'll continue to pray for you and your hubby! I remember since you joined here his Mother has been a problem for you two, so I pray that everything works out for you guys!
Peggy, (((HUGS))) to you before surgery!
Bunny, you'll be in my prayers too! Every door may be closed right now, but somewhere around there is an open window, so don't get too discouraged!
Nothing really to report here! School is good, my knee is fabulous, and everything's just a-Okay! May everyone have blessed tomorrows!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  8:58:24 PM  Show Profile
Well, my earlier post was much longer but my (almost) 2 yr old was "helping" me type and erased soooo much of my typing!

Just know im thinking of all of you and hope everyone facing troubles will stay positive...it will get better!!!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  05:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning!

{{HUGS}} Bunny I'm praying for you. :)

My friend called yesterday afternoon. Caleb is feeling a little better. They have determined that he has a strep infection in the knot in his neck and have him on two antibiotics and fluids since he's dehydrated. He was almost fever free yesterday. :)

Another long day of work for me today, but this time it's at the apartments. :( But I get to start cleaning a new house tomorrow. And the weather has been absolutely beautiful this week! I think yesterday it got up to almost 70 degrees. WooHoo!

Have a great day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  08:34:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Peggy I look forward to a good report on getting that surgery done.
Bunny, I will be praying for the right position to open up and for that to happen soon.
Angela, I have never figured out why people think that they can rule a son or daughter's life. Telling them that the person that they love is not worthy is a huge mistake and only pushes their child away. Praying that DH continues to stand firm.
Hugs to all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  3:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi all! I heard from Peggy. Here's what she said...
I am home from surgery. Went well...my heart when into fibulation during surgery and they had to shock it. But other than ok.

I'm glad everything went okay but SCARY about shocking her heart! Everyone keep her in your thoughts and send healthy prayers and vibes.

WE LOVE YOU PEGGY!

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  4:25:55 PM  Show Profile
peggy prayers for a speedy recover.
buny praying for you dear that something good comes your way
pam thank you so much for the update
melanie continued prayers for caleb and glad he is abit better
tammy wow nice quilt.
today is was another beauty 65 loving it..
well time to bake some blueberry scones yummy..
hugs and blessings
deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  7:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
I am ready to come and sit a spell. It has been a very busy week with the little butterflies at school, meetings, family things, etc. I am glad tomorrow is Friday. Looking forward to a weekend that is not so busy.

Peggy praying for you dear one. Glad to know you are doing ok. Rest!

Bunny praying that you find your niche in your new home. I know it is hard right now. But hang tough.

Deborah it was 65 degrees here too and I am loving this taste of spring. We are to have snow this weekend. But spring can't be far away.

To all you other dear porchies, You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

I am off to have a shower and go to bed.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  11:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi all!
This is an email from one of Peggy's friends. I thought I would fill you in a little more. I haven't heard from Peggy today.

Well here it is not even 3:00 yet and I get a phone call from Peggy. I saw her name on the caller ID and I assumed it was Larry calling. I was shocked when I heard her voice! Her surgery was suppose to be a 7:30, last between 4.5 and 5.5 hours, and then about 6 hours in Recovery. They took her back at 7:40, surgery lasted I think Larry said about 3 hours, and she was home before 3:00. They apparently did not have to go in through her arteries in her groin. Instead she had some very nice veins they could use to go into her heart. And because of that, they didn't have to do any clamping of the arteries to stop bleeding. So she has literally come home with two small bandaids!!! What a fabulous blessing. The doctors downgraded her success from 90% to 80% because when they were finished they had to shock her heart again to get things in sync. And apparently there was a spot where they could not completely obliterate the area or they would have had to put in a pace maker right then and there. According to Peggy all this means is that maybe later on down the road she will need a pacemaker. I guess Peg had all the nurses wondering about her. They couldn't believe that she was so calm. They said most people who come in for a heart procedure are freaking out!!!! Not miss cool Peg!! What a wonderful blessing. God is so incredibly good!!!

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  2:25:34 PM  Show Profile
Pam - that is awesome news. So glad it went better then our best hopes could have even wished for.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  4:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone

Got an email from Peggy's husband which I just read and it said basically the same as what Pam has posted. She is doing well. Walking around with some stiffness from lying on the table all that time. I'm sure she will feel much better and less tired as she heals. Keep her in your prayers. Let's all raise a cup of tea to Peggy's quick recovery and return to the porch.

I made linguine with clams so it's in a big bowl on the porch...help yourself. Here, I brought some mushroom rice and pork chops from last night too! Dessert is homemade tapioca pudding! Dig in!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  6:15:30 PM  Show Profile
what great news way to go miss peg healing prayers send..
darlene and pam thank you gals for the updates...
today top out over 65 yeah!!!!!!!!!!
went for a long walk and then out to dinner w/ DS and her BF
had i good time what a beautiful night full moon and all..
prayers and hugs
deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  7:13:23 PM  Show Profile
This is wonderful news about Peggy. Will continue to pray that she heals soon.

It was a beautiful day here.

hugs and love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  9:26:11 PM  Show Profile
So glad Peggy is doing good. Hope to hear from herself soon!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page