Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  4:42:27 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
i brought some sweet peach tea down to the beach for you all
its warm at the beach not so much here 27... but they say 50s next week..yipppee
judy i konw where your coming from hard to wear a bikini in that weather..LOL
megan they are both great colleges lots of luck
peggy hope your doing ok my prayers are with you girlfriend
tina hope you get your bees and keep us updated with your daily buzzing lol could help it
my DH is allergic to them and so that nixs my chances of ever having any hives...
bunny hoping you get a great job.
angela praying all works out sweetie, and you come home soon we miss you.
well ladies have a great evening stay warm
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  6:51:56 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I hear we are meeting at the beach. I brought ice cream. So eat up. I do hope you are all doing well. It has been long few days of many activities. Last night I enrolled my sons into high school. That was hard on this mama. They are growing up so fast. HOw can that be that it seemed like yesterday they were in preschool and now they are soon to be 15. YIkeS!

It was a nice day here. WE had a heatwave of 35! AFter two weeks of single digits. I was so excited to see sun and enjoy the day. It was lovely.

Well my tea awaits and a good book.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  8:21:51 PM  Show Profile
It was quiet today!
Deborah, thank you so much! I have a long time before I have to start thinking, but college has been programmed into me since childhood! When I was a little girl, my dad would have me say Duke whenever he asked where I wanted to go to college. I remember saying "Duke!" a lot:)
Tammy, you sound like my Mom when I graduated high school! When I was a baby, I had a watermelon dress, and my Mom always says "Let's go back to the watermelon dress!"
Today was a more productive day of break! I first had a doctor's appointment...I'm officially rid of the brace for 90% of the time!!!!!! Sorry for the excessive exclamations, but I'm really happy! I still have to wear it during workouts and when the weather is questionable, but that's not all of the time like it was up until today. Then my Mom and I ran some errands. I also made chocolate chip cookies, so dig in! Now I have homework:( But then tomorrow I babysit with my best friend, so all is well! May everyone have cheerful and happy weekends!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  05:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Megan...I wanted to be a journalist but back in the stone age when I grew up it was pretty much a secretary, teacher or nurse. My mother wouldn't let me be a journalist...unpractical! You go girl!

Tammy...wait until they go off to college! Then the tears will flow. That's why we have to enjoy every minute of our kids when they are still home. We can never get those days back. Nothing is more imporant than they are. Unfortunately we don't always see that when we are young and busy. Ok lesson of the day for all you young Mother's...Let the laundry go and dishes in the sink and enjoy your kids!

Prayers to all. Off to my GS Dante's basketball game! Please pray for my 2yo GD Aryanna she has had scarlet fever and is going for bloodwork today. Thanks in advance.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  5:19:20 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
i just install my new keyboard as the other one some of the letters were not coming up i had to press really hard and sometimes did read it until it was too late..
now i can just type ..LOL not that i always type it right..LOL
strange day cold sunny snowy sunny windy ..for goodness sakes make up your mind ...
heading to the beach now with some sangria for all..aloha...ha ha ha
this winter is boring as there does not seem to be anywhere to go or anything to do..i'm an outdoorsy person i guess since i spent all day and part of the evening out starting in spring and do not come back in till the first snow and even than i'm out and about shoveling me and my neigbors
but this winter is just awful..snow lots of snow than ice ..they say this week is going to get into the 50s and my reach 60 one can only hope...my poor car is so dirty inside and out i can't wait to give her a bath...LOL
well off to bake some bread..
have a pleasant evening
blessing deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  12:26:47 AM  Show Profile

Thought you might like to see the variety of Star Ornaments I made for our exchange last month.
I told every one that I was making them the same ornament only different colors and embelishments
and then I just prayed God got the right color to the right person. It was fun to make them...and
I am making more for a Craft Sale that we will have here this November, along with some other
items. I am trying to make a lot of affordable items that children can purchase for parents and
grandparents and siblings.

My husband has been home sick for three days and I am just praying that I don't come down with it
before my surgery on Thursday. I do not want to have to postpone having this procedure done, again.
The Dr. postponed last time. Took another month to get the appointment. Please keep me in your prayers.

Have had a couple of bad Fibro-flair days with the change in weather...so have been mostly in bed or
just hanging around the house. Makes me feel like I have cabin fever.

Was it Bunny that had recommended the book Heaven is for Real...for me to get for my sister? My sister's eyes
have gotten too bad to read do to her Graves Disease but the book sounded so interesting that I got it for myself and read it in two evenings. It was so good...I just couldn't put it down. I think everyone should read that book. It was amazing! Especially if you want first-hand evidence and witness of Heaven. And for me it was made all the more "Real" coming out of the mouth and experience of a 4 yr. old little boy. Wow!

Got a sweet Valentine's Gift from my Secret Sister today and an order of Soap from another Farmgirl...so, I had good farm girl mail. Which is always a FUN day!

Darlene and Judy...thanks for keeping my spirits up with all that fun and funny email! And Judy thanks for the
e-card! You all are so fabulous!

Sweet Dreams My Precious Porchies,
~ Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 13 2011 12:30:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  09:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hello Ladies!

That's great news Megan! You'll be rid of that brace for good before you know it.

Tea Lady Tammy~ I understand how you feel. My oldest will be a freshman next school year. We are going to freshman orientation on the 24th. Where does the time go?

Darlene~ Prayers for your grand daughter.
Folks around here are finally starting to come out of the stone age, but when I was in high school.. yeah well... I really wanted to sign up for small engines, wood working and some of the other shop classes as electives. These classes wouldn't have interfered with the advanced classes I was in. But my counselor told me it wasn't going to happen. I was a girl and those classes were for boys. She also told me I'd never need any of those classes. Yeah I remember that every summer when the lawn mower breaks down or the weed eater and I get another crash course in how to fix this thing again. Sorry for venting, but I am very happy to know they have come around since then.

Peggy~ Those ornies are purty! Sending prayers your way. Praying all goes well and your doctor is able to do the surgery Thursday. :)

Well today, honey is off 4-wheeler riding with his buddies. It's up in the 50's! WooHoo! He wanted me to go and I was really thinking about it. But he called this morning to tell me who all was going to go and well it's the crazy-egg-head bunch. At least my guy calls and gives me fair warning. :) I think he's a little disappointed that I backed out, but he understands why. I am a big weeny. I did tell him that when he gets a more laid back bunch of friends going I will go with them. It's really just the one friend that can be a pain. He has no fear and I don't think he feels pain at all and he's always doing something wreckless and I can just see my anxiety levels going on overload. So I will just stay home and hang with the poochies. I need to take the window upstairs for cousin Bob and start painting Caitie's room.

Well girlfriends, it's time for me to get to work. Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  4:22:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello Girls. Your welcome Peg for the e-card. I just discovered this new site and I love all the cute cards. It's called DoozyCards.com. Cute stuff. I love those ornaments too. VERY nice.
Would you believe that my senior year I took an "Electricians" class and I was the only girl in there? So the teacher took me aside after class and told me I should go take another class. Stone-age strikes again. 1972-73 I really was interested too....but.....OMGosh....I was a "girl." UGH!!! One hormone amongst all that testosterone...they were sooooo out-numbered...I guess!!!LOLOL
Mel, I'm glad you didn't go out with the guys. That "Pain" might have injured you. We don't want that do we? Play it safe, You have a wedding comin up ya know. LOL
I made valentine cookies today. New recipe. It has flour, P.sugar, corn starch, whipped butter, milk and flavoring(any) and man-o-man is it yummy!!!! Melt in your mouth. I didn't even have to ice them. I sprinkled red/pink sugar on them instead. I'll leave a bunch on the porch. You all bring the tea. :-P
Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 13 2011 8:37:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  5:20:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Darlene, I could not imagine being told no! I have too many dreams and ambitions for myself!
Melanie, I'm really excited!
This weekend was so nice! Today's weather was great, it was so warm and sunny. Some of our snow even melted! Which is a good thing, because we have a lot of it! My best friend and I babysat last night and we hung out today, just the two of us. It was really nice, but now I have school tomorrow! May your tomorrows be filled with happiness and love!
God's and Valentine's Day Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  07:19:33 AM  Show Profile
Megan - congrats on getting your cast off. I'm sure you have to be over the moon to finally have it off.

It was a busy weekend. Friday night we were so tired we went out to a local Mexican restaurant and had supper. It was so nice. They have live music on the weekends and that was so soothing.
Saturday night my friend had a movie night party for his birthday so we were out late. We went out for our Valentine's dinner before we went over for the movie night at a new mediteranian restaurant. It was superb and we will definately get put into our rotation. Sunday we had to get up early to go to a baptism of df's niece's baby. I finally got the baby quilt done for her Saturday afternoon and took it. Of course I forgot to take a picture of it to post here in the forums (sigh). She wants me to make a baby tutu for the baby's next set of pictures so I need to find a pattern for one. I collapsed and took a "long" nap after we got back home.

Hope everybody has a great Valentine's Day. Treat yourself if you don't have a special someone.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

HookAngel
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Bren
CA
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  08:11:07 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day Ladies! I have been so very busy I've not been here at all. God Bless each of you.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  08:46:11 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day all.
Megan I got the same tale when I was in High School. My counselor told me I tested fine for a forest ranger or such like but, that it was not going to happen because I was female. Last night happened to catch axeman on tv and a girl, Leah, had been hired on as a lumberjack. She had been on a fire crew prior to that. They finally had to admit that she could do the job and then got angry when her old boss on the fire crew asked her to come back to work and she left the lumber crew. Men!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  09:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Valentine's Day Lady Bugs! It's lunch time so I thought I would come sit a spell. The morning has been busy with housework and errands. But I've kind of enjoyed the time cleaning, especially since it's my own house. I have even packed up a few RAOK gifts. :) And I think I may have found the perfect place to hold our wedding this fall! The place is called Thresherman's Park. Twice a year the park hosts an Antique Gas and Steam Engine show with a huge flea market. Our wedding will be the weekend before the fall show and they have our date open. They have an old chapel we can rent and a clubhouse we can rent for the reception- both for a $100 each. The other two places we've been looking at are $250 and $280 and we would still have to rent chairs and things.

Judy~ Yes it was good thing I opted to stay home yesterday. Jeremy came in covered in mud so he had some fun, but he was fired up mad at his buddy. His friend was coming around a curve WAY too fast and almost hit him, came about an inch away. It would have been really bad if they had crashed. And to make it worse Jeremy's friend jumped all over him like it was his fault. I just looked at my honey and said "and that's why I stay home."

I hear the kitchen cabinets calling my name, so time to go back and paint some more.
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  1:07:31 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines to all my sweet porchies
Peggy hope you get better quick and wow adorable ornaments and prayers for your DS.
Melanie honey how fun looking for places to have a wedding..i remember that..
it beautiful here today 60s but very windy
been outside most of the day..finally...
well prayers to all hugs and blessings deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  1:19:20 PM  Show Profile
I just wrote a long message to you all and the computer decided to freeze up on me and I lost it.
Don't have the energy to re-create it. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MY PORCHIES!

Love & hugs,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  3:59:04 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day Girls!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  6:46:06 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day to everyone. I made a pink cake and put pink frosting on it for desert tonight. Sorry about the computer Peggy. They do have minds of their own sometimes, don't they?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  7:16:17 PM  Show Profile

This is my most beautiful Valentine! Miss Madeline with her singing Monkey. She is the love of her
Grandmama's (or Ganmama as only she can say it!) Heart today and always! Hope you all have such
SPECIAL VALENTINE'S TOO!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  7:27:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies! Happy Valentine's Day to all!
RFM Tammy, it is quite nice:)
Melanie, that park sounds so perfect!
Peggy, I can't believe you haven't shown us your adorable DGD until now! She is too cute, and it would be much too easy to spoil her!
Nothing special for Valentine's Day. My hallways were full of red and pink though today! So Happy Harttimes to All!
Happy Valentine's Day,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  7:47:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!! I'm back!!

My Hubby decided he simply couldn't stand livin life with things the way they were. He was on the phone with me constantly. We talked for hours about our life and how things have been over the years. How things have changed in the last 2 years since movin in here. We texted all night long a few nights, which makes arguin a whole lot more civil. Its hard to lecture or interrupt each other with a limited number of letters allowed and havin to wait for each statement to come through.

We really haven't 'settled' much in our life, but we are gettin really close. He has come to me wantin to talk. He has asked me if we can recommit ourselves to each other. He asked me if we could take his wedding ring and have it fixed so he can wear it agian. He hasn't worn it in a year since he broke his finger. We have talked more in the last week and a half then we have in the last 2 years, and with a lot less yellin.

I did finally get some vindication. He has had his aunt admit to him that she doesn't like me and has been tryin to 'get me out of her family' since she doesn't think I'm good enough. That resulted in a huge fight! I didn't even know what was goin on since he was on the phone with her. That means he chose to stand up for me and our marriage on his own. I was thrilled even though I was upset that they were fightin.

I also found out he confronted his mom. He began to notice that she seemed to be actin off. She would holler like she was in pain when she sat down, but not when she got up. She would say she couldn't eat more than 4 or 5 bites of food without gettin sick, but would eat 2 burgers if he took her out to eat. She kept sayin she couldn't walk across the room, but then she asked where her car keys were cause she wanted to go to the store. Then he was tellin her about his plans for me for valentines day and she actually asked him to take her out with us!

He asked her what was goin on. She refused to answer him. He start yellin at her about everything that's been goin on and she said she just wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. He told her that she was gonna be livin in an attatched apartment and that was as good as it was gonna get. She said that she didn't want that because she was still alone. When he told her he already had a wife to live with she said 'yeah and I didn't give this house to her'! He was so mad he left and came to stay the night with me so we could talk. We decided to move out since she couldn't be trusted. He returned the next mornin to tell her and she was so upset he called his aunt to come sit with her. He came back to spend the day with me.

His aunt did a lot of talkin and mediation between us and her and finally convinced us not to leave. We have a written statement signed by her and my DH's aunt sayin that our family lives in the house and has since november 2008. That's what a lawyer told us to do so she can't have us thrown out by the cops. She would have to actually go to court and have us evicted. There has also been a lot of ground rules laid down to keep the family and her seperate. She is not very happy, but she doesn't want my DH to move away. So she'll just have to deal with it.

I am feelin so good about my life right now. I know things still aren't completely worked out and there is still a chance we won't be stayin here and things are crazy uncertian, but I really feel like he'll stand by me no matter what now. I have hope that we will be strong together and will someday be able to say we have grown old together. He is tryin so hard to show me how sorry he is for makin me move out and for puttin us in jeopardy like he did. He is out right now lookin for brownies and a bottle of that sparklin grape juice for us to share tonight. It's 10:45! I just said it would have been nice to have some and he raced off to find some.

I'm wonderin if I could maybe talk him into one of his german chocolate cakes tomorrow? He already promised me buiscuts and gravy for breakfast!

I do want to thank all of you for the prayers. They have really made a huge difference in our life. I am gonna do my best to keep the forward momentum goin.

Well, I'm gonna go hop through the shower while he's in town. Goodnight everyone and I hope you all had a lovely valentines day!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?

Edited by - natesgirl on Feb 14 2011 7:53:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  9:30:54 PM  Show Profile
Peggy-your granddaughter is adorable!!! And good luck on thursday,I'll be thinking of you

Angela- I had a feeling hubby would come around...I'm so happy to hear everyting is going in the right direction

Things are so busy right now but I wanted to stop in and say happy valentines day to everyone!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  10:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day.

Peggy...Your GD is so cute. The apple of your eye! How's your sister doing? Relax before your procedure on Thursday.Keeping you in my prayers.

Angela...DHs aunt isn't very nice! How awful to say those things. Does your DH have any siblings? Progress, even if it is baby steps. How are the kids doing?

Baked sugar cookies, chocholate cookies chocolate heart cupckes and heart cakes with cream cheese icing, white chocolate milk chocolate,peanut butter candy hearts to take to my DGKs. Leaving some on the porch...help yourself. Went to Dante's Basketball game. He made a basket and a few other good plays...so cute to see these little 8yo kids play.

My back and arms are just killing me I have to take another muscle relaxer and 3 ibuprofan. I'm calling thre neurosurgeon tomorrow.I just can't stand this pain anymore. What am I going to do about my gardening? I could just scream, cry, rant, rave, stomp my feet and whatever. That some illegal with no license and insurance could total my car and injure me and alter my life in a few minutes is unreal.

Back tomorrow.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  08:51:07 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - Your granddaughter is adorable! I can't wait for grandkids. Gave a passing thought or 2 to possibly trying for another since my man doesn't have any children of his own but at 45 I think I'll wait for the grandbabies especially since my youngest turns 19 next month. Not sure I'd want to start over LOL

Angela - so glad to hear things have started to swing the other way for you. My girlfriend and I went out Saturday for mani-pedis and were talking about issues with our men and how the guys are making baby steps towards working on issues, but at least they're moving :O) Let your man know how much you appreciate and respect him for what he's doing.

Darlene - I hope you get some relief soon from the pain.

Thought I would share what I've been working on with you. Here's the picture of the baby blanket I made my fiance's niece for her baby's baptism Sunday. I just love the chenille border on it. I bought a packaged fabric kit from Joann's and should have known better. The kit was short fabric length on 2 different prints. I had to buy a fabric to replace 2 of the blocks because there wasn't enough of the backing fabric (mint striped flannel)to do the blocks like it was supposed to. I was able to work with the chenille and get that to work. I didn't have time to quilt it so I tied it with purple embroidery floss for a snap of color. His niece seemed to really like it so I'm happy with it.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  1:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Tammy...That's reaaly nice. I'm sure she did like it! Alot of people have children older but I know it wouldn't have been me. But to those that can more power to them. Look at the Duggars, 19 and counting! Whew! My father was 1 of 13 and my mother was 1 of 6 with a few miscarriages in between. None of their offspring had more than 4 children and that was me and my 3 sisters.

Have sausage in one crockpot and potatoes and turnips in another. It smells so good my dog keeps going and sitting in the kitchen.LOL!

Can't stay on my back/arms are still acting up! OUCH!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  3:39:08 PM  Show Profile
Angela...glad to see you back! Marriage is continual hard work but worth all the effort! Glad hubby is coming
around. My mom and dad were married just short of 52 years by 12 days when he died. But if you asked him what he attributed their long marriage to, he would always say, "I have always treated your mother like she was my girlfriend!" And he did.

Darlene...I am sorry that you are still in so much pain. How can you differentiate the car accident pain from your fibro pain? To me it all feels the same. Like when I passed those two kidney stones...I thought I was just having a fibro-flare until I found one of the stones. My Dr. said, "Gee's Louise Peggy that would have brought grown men to their knees." To me... Pain is Pain...because I deal with it daily I have a hard time differentiating it. So, I just wondered if you could tell the difference. I can differentiate between fibro and my arthritis...but that is about all.

Dana...I think my Madeline is a cutie too but then I am very biased I know. Her little sister Naomi will be
here the first of June. We are all excited to see how different (or similar) their personalities will be. I had
three boys and they were all different. The oldest and youngest are the most similar as they have grown up but still their own unique selves. Do you find your girls different in personalities?

Pam...Hi Sweetie, I figure that you have been MIA working on your Feb. ornaments! And working more hours at work. We miss you when you're gone!!

Judy...those e-cards are delightful! I loved that Valentine Chocolate one. I laughed so hard!!!

RSF Tammy...I love the colors in your baby quilt! So pretty! That would be frustrating to get a kit and then
find they shorted you fabric. Grrr! You did good making it work and turning out adorable.

Betty...computers can be so frustrating. But mine is just old and moody! I need to get a new one but am waiting
to get my surgery behind me and see how much I will end up paying on it. Then I can better know what I can spend on a new computer. I am just going to get a Lap Top for my desk. I have less problems with them than full computer PC's.

Hey Teacher Tammy...haven't heard from you for a few days. Hope all is going ok with you!
How are the little butterflies doing? Or are you all still off on snow days?

Just got a phone call that my new glasses are in. So, this time I got purple instead of red.
My eyes actually got better after I got the Diabetes under control. But I have to wear them
for reading. I can read "nothing" without them on...so, I pretty much just leave them on
full time. Plus...I have found that they are great for hiding those fine age lines around the eyes. LOL

More later girls...have a cozy day!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page