Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  05:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Judy~ Sendning lots of hugs and prayers to you and all the family and everyone in Mexico mourning the loss of this special lady. Last year a guy I went to school with was killed by the drug cartel in Mexico. He had been mixed up with them, then decided he wanted to get his life straight. They didn't agree with his choice to get clean and fly straight. He left behind a little boy who is starting to show a love for music like his daddy had. I think when people leave us, they don't leave us entirely. We always will have a little piece of them with us- their memory. She is in a beautiful home now. Hugs and prayers.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  05:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Pray for your son and realize that it is not you and you can not make him change. Keep close to your other sons for comfort and support. My only son has distanced himself from me since my divorce from his father many years ago. Just continue to pray and love your son. God is with you. It is hard and many tears have been shed by many mothers.

Love and blessings,

Nancy
Farmgir #2301
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  08:20:43 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Judy-I am so very sorry. That is absolutely horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with you right now. Please let us know if we can help you in any way.

Peggy-I know it's hard not to listen to what your son is saying but please know that you are a wonderful loving mother in which everyone can learn from. You truly show no judgment on people and the true word of God's teaching shine through you each day. He is hurting for other reasons and lashing out at you and clinging on to the pain right now is all he knows and wants. We are all here for you.

On a lighter note (kind of), all the news stations are interviewing my boss because of a recent shooting-I have decided to make it my goal to see how many times I can get on camera. Maybe hold up a sign, do a little moon walking dance...

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  08:40:51 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I will be praying for peace for the family. So sorry to hear that horrific news.

Peggy. I know how painful that is with your son. My oldest daughter will not speak to any of us, me, her father, sister or brother. She hates all equally. I will pray for your son what I pray for her, that workers will come along side her/him and help them see the love of God.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  08:58:52 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. Sorry to be gone for so long. I made it to Oregon on Tuesday. I'm a little shell shocked right now. My mom's house is a dirty mess. Not what I'm use to. She is a bit of a horder. Some things are just not going to get cleaned up. My sister is coming next week to clean out her things in the basement. She is hell on wheels and we will probably just stay out of her way. It will be stressful for her to go through her stuff and she usually just yells at everyone. My kitties are adjusting ok. My mom's cats are not too crazy about sharing their home with 4 new cats. It will get better over time.

I'm so sorry to hear all the terrible news from my farm girls. Judy, what a horrible thing to happen to your family. I feel for her husband.

Peggy, I'm sorry you have to deal with your son in such a painful way. At least your other kids are understanding. It's his loss and someday maybe he will wake up and realize all the time he has lost. I'm glad your teeth issues are mending, at least for now. I hate the dentist. But it's not something you can ignore easily. At least you know to rest and take care of yourself.

Well, my mom and I are planing on working on the basement today. Trying to get all her stuff out of the way of my sisters stuff. It's going to be a long road before I can feel even a little at ease here. I don't see the door God was suppose to open just yet. Hopefully it will all come around soon. I feel so lost and overwhelmed. I'm so thankful to have my kitties with me though. They help so much.

Hopefully spring will send us sunshine and make life a little easier.

Stay warm and safe.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  10:36:38 AM  Show Profile
Thank you girls for all of your Love&Prayers!
Peg, we will both get thru these hard times. "This too shall pass!" You are still in my prayers.
Bunny, so glad to hear that you & kitties made it safe and sound. We don't know what God has in store for any of us, but we know he's there to help us thru it! Praying that you all adjust in time. And, Yes, Kitties and "Fuzz-Therapy" are most relaxing after a day of stress.You can go to your room,close the door and cuddle with all your "Fuzz-balls!" They understand.
I had a rough night last night. I'll probably have a nap today....me and kitty.
Later my Dear Porchies,
Judy

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  10:50:33 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you and your family Judy.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  11:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Bunny~ I'm glad you and your kitties had a safe trip to Oregon. I'm sure after a little time you and your fur-babies will find your cozy little spot.

On a happy note... I bumped into a gal I worked with a few years ago at the gas station. She was a young, spunky red head and had just had her first baby when I left the station. Not long after she met her hubby, a marine. They are statiioned in Hawaii. Her granddad is in poor health and she and her boys are home to spend his last days with him and grandma. It is a sad reason for thier visit, but she is grateful to have this chance to be with her family. It was really nice to catch up with her.

I hope you ladies all see a little of God's sunshine in today.
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  3:20:53 PM  Show Profile
Staci,Darlene, Tammy, Megan,Angela, Judy, Melanie, Cherime, Dianne, Bunny, Nancy, Pam and all My Porchies...Thank you for all your love, support and kind words of comfort. You are all my Warm Fuzzies...My Brave Girls Who Help Me Get Through The Tough Times! {{{Group HUG!}}}

Judy...keep us posted Girlfriend! Many Prayers going out to your entire family!

Nancy...Thanks for your words of Wisdom. I am trying to do exactly that! Welcome To The Porch!!!

Bunny...So glad that you made it to Oregon! I am sure you are a bit out of your element and overwhelmed...look for one thing to be Thankful For Everyday you are at your Moms and it will help! God does have a plan! And it is always better than ours (in the long haul).

Staci...still praying for your hubby and the job situation. Keep the Faith Girlfriend! I know you are!

Pam...You Go Girl! I want to see your face on the News tonight NOT HIS! lol You are much prettier and nicer than he is. Thanks for your sweet words of comfort.
Pam, I bought three pkgs of that Chocolate Kiss Tea...as it looks seasonal for Valentines Day (so thought I'd put in a stash) and I am taking a box to share with the girls at Bible Study Tonight. Leaving some on the Porch too along with a Dove's Raspberry Chocolate Heart for each of you blessed women!

I have Bible Study to teach tonight. Which is my passion and love...so I know my night will go well!

Hugs, Smiles and less tears today,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 27 2011 3:28:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  3:36:43 PM  Show Profile
oh judy so so sorry to hear that ..how awfuul for all of you
my prayers are with you and yours..
may god give you peace and healing.
peggyann hope your day is going better
my crazy MIL is coming again for the weekend
so i'll start drinking tonight...and not tea...LOL
but on another note we got slammed with sow again 19"
my poor back ..i really really can't wait for spring..
have a blessed evening ladies
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  4:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy...so sorry for all of you. What a terrible thing to happen to her. God has her in his arms. Peace and Blessings.

Peggy...Hugs for everything GF! I just got my haircut and my beautician is having issues with her 30 yo daughter. As long as we are mother's we will shed those tears and get those rips in our hearts won't we? Just keep on loving and praying for him. That's all we can do sometime. Thanks for the dove candy and tea.

Bunny...Glad you made it ok. Sorry about your living conditions. It must be so terrible but somethig good will come out of this! The love of your life might be around the corner. If that happens everyone will be moving out there with you!LOL!

Deb...U shouldn't have shoveled then your MIL couldn't get in!LOL! Start drinking GF! Lookout, she might be wanting to move in!

Luanne said to let you all know she is thinking about all of us!

Megan...You are sooooo smart and I know you will do great things. You might be our 1st female Presidentt! Gla your knee is progressing so well. It's so refreshing to here all the enthusisum you have!

Pam...I wish I could see those Boss Flicks! Does he appreciate you more since the other chick left or do we have to strongarm him?

I made spaghetti with chicken sauce so help yourselves and take some home for the family. Salad too!

Jackie had her eye checkup on Tues. and her pressure in her eyes remain down and she is back to normal. When I think that they were going to remove her eyes, I'm so glad I don't fall prey to scare tactics and think things through first! Thank You Jesus!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  5:22:43 PM  Show Profile
darlene
thanks for that hint and also maybe when she comes to the door
i should take your advice and ask jeus to answer she may go away???LOL
she would not want to move in as she has no idea who i am....
its really sad she should be in a nursing home..she would be well take care of.
since her dd or my sil is only keeping her for the money..how horrible
i loved my mom dearly and took good care of her until the end she was so wonderful
i could go on and on about things she taught right up to the end what a remarkable spirit
and even now i feel her with me ...and its so comforting and uplifting..just had to vent..sorry girls
blessings deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  7:07:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Judy, my heart goes out to your family! (((HUGS)))
Bunny, I'm sending sunny days your way :) The door will eventually open, the hinges just have to be loosened a little before it can open all of the way.
Deb, I hope not much more school comes your way!
And Darlin' Darlene, you are sooooo sweet! All of you ladies are:)
Speaking of snow, today I woke up at my usual time, and it was snowing a little. I get ready for school, and then I come back downstairs to see that it is snowing even harder. I didn't think that it would be so bad. My dad picks me up for school, and it takes us almost 40 minutes to get to school, even though it usually only takes us 15 with good traffic, 20 if the traffic's bad. Luckily, my school understands that girls are coming from all over the place and the snow definitely slows us down, so no late pass or demerit for me! I was very lucky, so tomorrow I'll have to leave earlier! But otherwise a good day. But TGIF! This weeks seems to have gone by really slow and really fast at the same time... If that makes any sense! Chuckle, chuckle! Well, I hope everyone has amazing days tomorrow!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  04:17:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies -

Just a quick note to tell you all I'm thinking about you and I try to at least read posts every few days even if I don't have much time to write.

BF is somewhat stable right now although he has had dizzy spells and almost passed out last weekend at the grocery store. He is also very depressed with having to sit and do nothing. He goes to the pulmonary doctor and the cardiologist next week, so I'm hoping maybe they can loosen the reins a little and at least let him putter around in the garage or something. He tires very easily and sleeps a lot, so I don't know how much they will let him do.

My Mom is still waiting for test results on what is causing her black-out spells, so no more news on her at this point.

I'm just muddling along day to day, and trying not to think more than a day ahead at this point.

Do any of you have good low-sodium recipes? BF is on a low sodium and low fluid diet. I havae ordered a couple of low sodium cookbooks that should arrive soon.

Peggy - I bought some of that chocolate kiss tea too - it's awesome!

One of my co-workers lost his wife this week (46 years old) to a rare liver disease, so have a funeral to go to tomorrow. Prayers for him and his family would be appreciated. He has a 12 year old daughter and a 14 year old son, and they are in such pain right now.

Hugs and prayers to you all - thank you so much for being there!!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  05:26:20 AM  Show Profile
Luanne, glad to see you and thanks for the updates - it helps to know how to pray specifically.
I'll continue to lift your mom, you and your honey and now I can add your co-worker's family as well. How sad.

Pam, is there anyway for us to see the news story of your boss? Does the station post stories online? Then we'd have a face for our dart boards. tee hee

Deborah, I'm sorry that you've had so much snow. We only seem to get brushed by the storms that are nailing you. And I'd actually love to have more. Of course, I'm not the main shoveler at my house and I'm sure that makes a difference.

I feel like baking today and the coconut cupcakes in the latest MJF look awesome. I'll let you know how they turn out.
love, hugs and...
blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jan 28 2011 05:28:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  09:25:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. It's grey and foggy outside. I guess that's better than you eastern ladies freezing. I almost could use some snow. Believe it or not.. it would make me feel better. I love the snow. Of course here on the western side it doesn't get as cold.
I've decided to spend the day either with the vacuum or washing down walls. I know my mom knows her house is dirty. She just blames everyone else for the mess. It would make me feel soooo good to smell some cleaning stuff right now. I may have to open a box of my fabric for a fabric therapy session to get me by. I have a quilt in the garage somewhere I want to hang up on my bedroom wall.

BTW, I'm not sure I thanked Peggy and Judy for the Farm Girl mail suprises. So, thank you! Peggy the ornament was very nice. I have a special box I saved out from my packing to put all the Xmas ornaments in for next year. I can't wait to get my sewing room together so I can start on my projects for everyone. Judy, the tea looks perfect. I'll be saving it for a special "me" day. I love jasmine tea.

Love you guys!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  11:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Lady Bugs! I had a half-day at work. WOO-HOO! Took the van to the carwash to get rid of all that nasty road salt. My poor van was looking horrible but now it's all nice and shiny. Too bad it won't last. I've heard rumor of more snow on the way early next week. If I could package it up and send it to you ladies that want some snow, I would I would. :)

Bunny~ Clean, clean, clean! It's amazing what kind of nasty effects clutter and dirt can have on our physical health and mental health. I'll bet you'll start feeling better about your move as things start to get cleaned up. And maybe your mom is just overwhelmed with all of it. Maybe she just doesn't know where to start. I've cleaned for a few hoarders (not serious hoarders) and it can be a long process, but not an impossible one. :)

Ok ladies I'm leaving some chocolate chip cookies and milk on the porch. PLEASE HELP ME EAT THESE!!! I have a bunch of weight to lose before October and I'll never do it if I don't get this junk out of the house. LOL Have a great day ladies!

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  11:35:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies. Just stopping in for a minute to say "Hi."
They finally published the Missionary Murdered in Mexice article in our local paper today. They seemed focused on the (expensive) truck, which, BTW was a 2008 chevy given to them by a couple of members of their family because they knew they needed a newer one with a bigger engine to climb the mountains where some of their churches were. They make it sound like they squandered money on a truck themselves. They didn't. They were very frugal people, they had to be. They could even teach us about frugality....and we already are pretty tight. LOL The drug cartel wants and usually takes peoples trucks away from them if they are nice trucks. I think they usually just shoot the owner and throw them on the side of the road. Pray that the families that donated the truck to them don't beat themselves up too much over this. You know as well as I do that they are going to feel like this was their fault. More prayers needed. I'm having trouble sleeping, I keep seeing Nancy's sweet face. I know she's with Jesus, but I can't stop shaking my head and hearing, over & over in my head..."She was just brutally, cold-blooded murdered!" (Murder) is not a word that you think you'll ever hear in a sentence about your own family. Hold me tight girls...please! Need your hugs! Thanks in advance.
Love yuns,
Hugs & Squeezles back
Judy

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 28 2011 9:22:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  11:54:16 AM  Show Profile
Judy...You've got those {{{HUGS!}}} prayers and Farmgirl LOVE coming your way and for the whole Family!!! Terrible tragedy! Almost the same thing happened to my Missionary Friends in Guatemala while they were there. They were coming home from picking people up at the Airport and were followed and then attacked by masked, armed men who were trying to steal their vehicle. Fortunately they got away by some very fancy thinking and driving by Denny, but they were very scared over that. You always hear the stories...but you never think it will happen to you. ~ Then there twenty year old son mysteriously dropped dead...while over there. It was never figured out what happened to him via the autopsy. They too really had some heart wrenching experiences. And Denny's wife became gravely ill and had to be sent State Side for awhile to recover. IT was just one thing after another. It shows that the devil doesn't want his people converted to the Lord.

Staci...let us know how those coconut cupcakes taste! They sound yummy. Better yet, bring some to The Porch tonight! I will bring the tea if you do!!!!

Bunny...hope you make some headway at your moms...in the cleaning area. You will feel a lot better once you feel like you have some clean and orderly space to call your own. And being able to get out your sewing will be Huge for you too. I always loved the smell of Pinesole (to me that meant clean!) My mothered used that when I was growing up.

Melanie...are you trying to get the weight off for the Wedding? Well, gee girl just pass those chocolate chip cookies to all your Porchies...we must do our part to help out a Farm Sister in need!

Back at you later girls...
Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 28 2011 11:58:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  2:54:28 PM  Show Profile
HI girlies,
My butterfly wings are done flapping for the day. We had my schools' soup and pie luncheon today and I don't think I ever sat. But I did sneak in time for a piece of chocolate pie not good for my WW points but it was worth the splurge and I will get back on track tomrrow. It was a beautiful day for it as well. although they say the cold and snow are to return. I so await spring.

LuAnn Praying for you BF

Judy~ so sorry for your loss. Keeping all in prayer.

Melanie I think after the pie I had today I will have to pass on the cookie.

Peggy hope the tooth is feeling better.

well ladies I am going to put up my feet and have a cup of tea. It has been a day

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  07:37:48 AM  Show Profile
morning porchies
just a quick hi and the sun is finally out but snow tonight...
MIL was nutty as a fruitcake yesterday but much calmer today..
i will do some baking and sewing to occupy myself
as i'm feeling couped up with her here..oh well i have a
wonderful blooming peach blossom tea just watching it open was so pretty is
reminded me of spring..anyone ever try the blooming teas??they are fun and beautiful. also tastey..
thats all for now..
deborah

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  07:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Judy-much love and hugs coming your way. Please come here and let us help you through this rough time.

Peggy-how are you feeling sweetie? Do you need anything? I went back to Fred Meyer to get more chocolate tea and they were out. I may try another one up the street from me. I must have more!

Deborah-deep breaths....breathe in the flowers, blow out the candles (a little trick I use when I'm stressed)Lots of baking and sewing sound wonderful.

Staci-How did the cupcakes turn out? I'm thinking of making some mango scones this weekend. Mangoes are really cheap right now. I've been thinking about you and your family. Lots of love and support coming your way.

Mark is filming and new piece for Hewlitt Packard this weekend so I am going solo. I'm planning on doing lots of stitching and cleaning.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Edited by - kittykill on Jan 29 2011 07:48:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  12:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Thank you girls for all the hugs and prayers. I feel warmed by all of your love and caring.
Thank you Luanne for the Birthday card and the White Chocolate Kisses tea. Now I can see what all the fuss is about. I don't understand why we don't get any of these tea flavors in at our GiantEagle grocery. I asked the manager why we didn't have PumpkinSpice tea at Thanksgiving, or CandyCane at Christmas...he didn't know. :O WHAT! You're the manager.Get it!!!
*calm down Judy, breathe*
I've been cooking and baking to keep my mind busy. Two people can only eat so much though.haha
Have a good weekend girls. Thanks again for all of your comforting words and prayers.
Love you Bunches!
Hugs&Squeezles
Judy

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  12:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Happy Saturday My Porchies! This has been a week of walking through the "Fire" for many of us on the Porch. It is a week I hope not to have to repeat any time soon...so, I hope I learned the lessons God was intending for me to get. I don't want to repeat the TEST! I spent all night in prayer and tears and hoping I made the right decisions where my middle son is concerned. I feel like I did what God wanted me to do...but I feel like I betrayed two people I love. I have to trust that God sees the bigger picture and will work it all out. But my son and I have made great progress the last couple of days and the door of "Truth" and "healthy" communications has been opened wide. I had to seize the opportunity and walk through the door and embrace my son...who is screaming out in pain and need for a closer relationship with his mom.

Pam...honey let me know if you can't find that Tea...I have two extra boxes of it and would love to send one to you if you can't find it. I knew it would be a seasonal product so I bought three boxes. I did find the last one back in the Tea Isle with the Bigalow Teas if that helps. They had sold most of it from a cardboard Valentine's Display and when I went back the display was gone...but just on a hunch I went back and checked and sure enough they had a couple boxes on the shelf.

Staci...you must love to cook! I use to...for years...but with my Fibro I am lucky to make regular meals let alone bake. lol So, you keep baking and sharing on the Porch and we who "Make" Reservations more than anything else...will enjoy your baking talents.

Madame Butterfly...I joined WW Points Plus Online last Saturday. And just weighed and lost 3 lbs my first week. Not a huge amount but hey...at least the numbers are going down instead of up. I really love doing it on-line and couldn't believe how affordable it was. I hated doing meetings when I did it before...so this is perfect for me!

Judy & Luanne...still have you wrapped in a Cocoon of Prayers GF's! And I have it on good Authority that your Friends in Higher Places have you and your entire Families tucked safely under His Mighty Wings! What a safe and warm place of refuge that is! ~ I wear a thumb ring that is suppose to be Angel Wings but for me...it is my constant reminder that I can run under God's Wings of Protection (like a Mother Hen does with her chicks) and I am in my "Safe Place"!

Megan...Before long you will probably be telling us that you have signed up for The Track Team and ready to run circles around everyone else. Keep doing that Therapy girl and you will!

Melanie...Hope you are having a great day. Have you actually started on Wedding Preparations...besides throwing out all the "fattening" goodies in your house? LOL

Deborah...I take it that you aren't fond of "Fruitcake". Lol
I have some Numi flowering Teas and I love them. They are so beautiful. Did you know that you can make 15 cups with just one of those blooms? I didn't until I read it on the box.

Well My Lovelies...I need to go back to bed for awhile. I didn't fall asleep until 6:00 this morning and then my little Bella dog got me up 4 hours later. I'm a mess. My eyes are so puffy they look like Tea Bags that are saturated with water. ~ I know that putting a couple of Tea Bags on them would help bring down the puffiness...but hey, I am not going to waste my good teas. Especially my White Chocolate Kiss Tea, right Pam and Luanne?

Hugs, Smiles and Swollen Eye-balls,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 29 2011 12:57:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  1:38:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh yea...HappyBirthday to Betty-Desertwillow! Have a GREAT day Farmgirl!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page