Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey girlies,
Just checking in before tea time. I hope you all had a great day.

Peggy I am sorry about your tooth. I have been there. NOt fun. Praying it will go well.

Melanie Congrats on wedding.

To all the rest of you beauties, you are alwasy in my thoughts and prayers.

Love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:20:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Peggy, you are so sweet:) I will have to pocket that nickname for later use! And I hope your teeth are okay!
Melanie, congratulations on the wedding! That is so wonderful!
Today was quite a good day actually. Good day at school, not a lot of homework, and I will be reading for a little bit. I think I'm actually going to go on the treadmill and walk for 15 minutes. Wow, it's been a long time since I've been able to say that! Whoo hoo! Little celebrations are everything when you have a knee injury! Okay, ya'll have very blessed and joyous tomorrows:)
Love you all!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  6:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh no Peggy! Take care of yourself and let me know if you need anything. Your poor tooth! OUCH!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  7:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy~ Sending lots of prayers and warm hugs your way. I know what you mean about putting off doctor's visits till the last minute. I've been guilty of that before.

Thank you, thank you! I am super excited about the wedding! I've been waiting patiently for the last two years. It seems kinda like a dream that it's finally going to happen! Do you ladies think that it would be a crazy idea to ask our wedding guests to bring a covered dish to the reception instead of gifts? I mean he has some stuff left from his last home. (He lives with his parents right now and his mom's been selling off his things a little each year in her garage sales.) And I have a house full of stuff. (Too much stuff!! LOL) I honestly can't think of anything we need and rather than receive a bunch of things we can't use... And not to mention we are going to be on a super tight budget since we will still have remodeling work going on with the house. I plan on growing the flowers, making what I can as far as invitations, candles and what have you. I really would love to make my dress, but I'm not really a seamstress. LOL

I finally got back to work today. The kids had a 2-hour delay so I went in late. We, my client and I, spent the day doing a deep clean on her room. Tomorrow should be a half day at work then it's off to the grocery. Oh and my client I clean for on Wednesday is having her baby this week. Do any of you have any suggestions of something I could get for her? I didn't realize it was time for the baby all ready and they have everyting they could possibly need, but I'd like to take them a little something.

Well Lady Bugs, Hall Bell (one of my youngest daughter's nicknames) is telling me it's time to go to bed and she isn't going to give it up till I go. Good night everyone!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  05:12:38 AM  Show Profile
Melanie... You said you were thinkin of October for your weddin. My anniversary is on the 31st! We chose Halloween night for our weddin so my Hubby could never forget our special day. We plan to renew our vows in a costume themed party. We were gonna be married in costume, but his parents are very old-fashioned, and didn't like the idea. You could always do a halloween weddin and do it in costume if you want to have some fun. I think askin for a covered dish or something else unusual is great! I was thinkin you could ask for things like Lowes gift cards, seeds if you garden, trees if you need them for your new place, things like that. Anything is acceptable now days!

Peggy... Teeth problems suck!! Take care of yourself.

Megan... Congrats! I know from my dads leg problems how great it is when you can get up and move agian.

I've been spendin a lot of time takin care of my sick mother-in-law. She has been feelin really bad lately. Last night my Hubby stayed home from work cause he was feelin pretty bad, but he was over it around midnight. Then at 1am he got a call from his mom and ran down to her house. He had to call an ambulance and rush her to the hospital. She wound up havin a blood clot in her lung. She nearly died. The ER Dr said she was minutes away from not bein able to save her. She is doin pretty good now, but they have to keep her for a few days to be sure the clot is gone and to find out if it was part of a blockage somewhere. They also think some of the clot went to one of her kidneys since it isn't workin very well.

I have her and my grandma both in different hospitals, but grandma's supposed to come home today. She is walkin really well with her walker and her new hip!

Hey! Maybe we could get her and Megan to race! LOL!

I'm gonna get off here and catch a nap before the baby wakes up. I haven't slept all night so I'm gettin a little slap happy!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Finke
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Sharon
Fink Tx.
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  4:51:43 PM  Show Profile
I need some porch sittin'.I am so ready for spring! I need some warm sunshine.I want to smell fresh dirt being turned and green grass being cut.Okay.....I'll just get my cup of tea and grab a seat.Maybe some pomegrante green tea. I found a tea pot/tea cup combo at an antique shop. I love it! They are stackable.So you can carry two nice size cups of tea with you.I am working on a quilt this winter for one of my sons.I really enjoy this craft.And it's the gift that keeps on giving.Well....it's time to shut my hens up for the night.I think I have a raccoon coming around. Darn it! My hubby helped me put out a live trap......we'll see! I'll tell next time we meet on the porch. Nice visiting with my sisters!
Thanks for makin' room on the swing!
~ Sharon

"what we desire our children to become,we must endeavor to be before them."
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  6:51:03 PM  Show Profile
hello porchies
sharon me too
i sitting here with a nice hot cup of cinn apple tea and a good book
but i wanted to sit on the porch and catch up awhile
today was like summer only 26degrees LOL
funny story ..we were invited to a friend of my dh for dinner sunday
we get there sit around talk watch the game and still no food three hours and a grumbling tummy
four hours still no food but a little bowl of chips.. now i only had breakfast at eight am its now 8pm
i finally gave my dh the LOOK and said we had to go as i had a very early work morning..
how weird is that..LOL lesson learned always eat before going to a friend of my dhs LOL
you can only imagine the conversation on the way home..and then get home and have to make us something to eat so peanut butter and jelly sandwiches LOL i'm still shaking my head in bewilderment...
just thought i'd share that with my sisters...
blessing and hugs and full bellies LOL
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Jan 25 2011 6:53:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  7:14:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Angela, it is quite nice to walk up and down the stairs at school again!
I had PT today, and everything is moving along just perfectly! I'm so happy right now! Nothing really to report on my end. Hope everyone has a beautiful day tomorrow!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  7:47:59 PM  Show Profile
awwww Peg....A HUGE (((((((HUG)))))) for you lady!!! I hate teeth problems. I had such tight, crooked teeth as a child, which led to so many nightmare dentist visits, so I know what you're saying. hmmmm...I say, yank it outta there, sew it up and work on getting the infection down before your heart proceedure. Extraction is probably cheaper too...out of all the choices...and from what I hear, it's not (cheap) anymore...but cheaper. I'll say a prayer for you!!!
Megan, so glad that you are more mobile now and use less contraptions to be mobile. Yeaaaaa! I giggled with you when you said it had been awhile since you said you would jump on the treadmill.
Melanie, I think that asking guests to bring covered dishes to your reception is a FINE idea. I also liked Angelas idea of store gift cards. I never thought of that before. Interesting!
Angela, so sorry to hear about your MIL. Man, that's scary. I hope she recovers from all of that stress...and you and your hubby too. Prayers going up!Glad to hear that your grandma is coming home and is doing better. How is your grandpa doing? Didn't he move in with someone...I forget who?
Sharon, that sounds like a cute teapot combo. I think I've seen those. Enjoy!
Deborah, that is strange. I don't understand how someone can invite you to dinner .... then forget to serve the dinner!!/???*scratches head* I'm puzzled.
Well, rest well tonight my porchie sistas.It's almost 11PM here.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Finke
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Sharon
Fink Tx.
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  8:32:29 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by knittinchick

Hi all!
Angela, it is quite nice to walk up and down the stairs at school again!
I had PT today, and everything is moving along just perfectly! I'm so happy right now! Nothing really to report on my end. Hope everyone has a beautiful day tomorrow!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  8:39:47 PM  Show Profile
Judy... He was goin to move in with my Aunt. He hasn't done it yet, but they are talkin about it. She has a little apartment in her barn that is about 400 square feet. It would be great for grandma and grandpa and would have someone close by for help. My grandma never learned to drive and grandpa is startin to get afraid of drivin, so they need to be closer to the family. I hope they make the move because I know my aunt would take good care of them. She drives the 25 minutes out to their house every day and helps them with all the chores and cookin and stuff. It would be nice for everyone if they were on the same property. My aunt has 125 acres, so it's not like they would be right on top of each other.

I'm startin to think I would like to move in there! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Finke
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Sharon
Fink Tx.
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  8:44:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Deborah, Sorry to hear about your hunger pains! Next time take a sack lunch,just in case! heehee! I'll bet the conversation was very interesting..... I get very crabby when I'm hungry! Hey, go eat something -just because!!!!

Good night ladies! Weren't the fire flys wonderful to night?
~Sharon
"God is only a prayer away."

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  10:37:14 PM  Show Profile
HI My Porchies...not feeling really great tonight so will just make this to all of you Lovely Ladies! Thank you for your
prayers and good thoughts...I felt them. Everything went very smoothly at the Dentist Office. It was a new Dentist (asian female)who was so nice and so kind and yielded to my wishes to just deal with the immediate dental problem. So, I had two teeth extracted to the tune of $492.00. Praise The Lord that I had a $200.00 OFF coupon that this New Dental Office had sent to all the Local Residents. That was a huge blessing because I have No Dental or Vision Coverage. So, now I am also on antibiotics to clear up the infection. So, for now more dental work and any other Dr. appointments will be put on hold until after my Heart Procedure. It was like I woke up this morning and I just knew what I had to do to not feel so overwhelmed (getting easily overwhelmed & stressed is part of Fibromyalgia). The Holy Spirit just gave me complete Peace. So thanks again girls!

My middle son is at it once again. He said he hates me because I won't quit talking to his ex-girlfriend. He called me three times cussed me out, told me I had to choose between the two of them (which I refused to do...I refuse to be emotionally black mailed by my own son) so, he hung up on me. Text messaged me and told me he hated me and will never talk to me again. I finally had to turn off my phone. Here I am on pain med's...with a swollen throbbing mouth and an out of control 32 year old screaming profanities at me over the phone and on text. Now I know why some species eat their young! lol It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. I divorced my son's dad 26 years ago...because he controlled my life for 8 years...and I promised myself that would never happen to me again. So, I will not play that game...even with my son who I dearly love. Please pray for him...I think he was drinking and his words and anger were coming from the alcohol. Again...just like his dad was. It is hard for me NOT to transfer my feelings against my ex to my son when he acts the very same way.

Well, I am going to bed and taking a cup of tea and my book with me. Sorry for my discouraging posts the last few times...but thanks for letting me vent and give me your broad shoulders to cry and whine on.

Hugs and Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 25 2011 10:42:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  05:35:56 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I was in a similar situation a year ago and did the same thing - got extractions. I'm hoping I'll be able to save up the $2000+ for implants (my portion after insurance). I've got some bad cavities myself and hate going in but need to before I end up in a similar situation again. I also agree that you shouldn't let your son dictate who you can be friends with. Its not like you're inviting her over while he's there and trying to get them back together. I hope your infection clears up quickly and you'll be able to get this heart stuff out of the way so you'll be back in prime form. Curl up with a book or some stitchwork and a cup of tea, relax, and take care of yourself.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  08:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, bless you and may God keep you. Out of control 32 yoa needs to get a life and stop trying to mess with yours.
All you porchies have a wonderful day.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  09:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy...Poor GF. Hope you are feeling better. Just deal with it one day at a time. Clear up the infection so you can get the Ablation done. Make sure your surgeon is aware. Call them now to tell them the situation in case they want to reschedule,change antibiotics or go as planned.
The son situation is another story. Get strong and don't let him manipulate you. It's not easy to be in that situation. There's a fine line here. He wants to see where your loyalty lies. It's another way to see if you care more for him than them. Not fair but he is the one who always needs to be reassured of your love. You may never be able to reassure him because it's always something in his mind. Remember it's him not you. It's a heartbreaker but you can't control how he thinks and he feels betrayed and no matter what you say or do will not be to his liking if you continue to see his ex and he knows about it. So sad that the right things are so wrong to those that choose to believe they are the only right ones. Like father like son seems so right on here! You could divorce your ex but not your kid. One day maybe he'll grow up for your sake. We have all been there at some time. If you have kids , you have some heartache along the way. You can raise all your kids the same but they all turn out differently. Give it to God and I'll help pray you through it! I wish I was there...Screw the tea tonight we're having a wine fest on this porch tonite. See you there! I've got some stuff to unload too! How bought the rest of you sisters? LOL! It's time for a groan and moan party!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  12:25:39 PM  Show Profile
afternoon porchies
its snowing here again and more to come tonight
peggyann your son will regret his words whe sober
and call saying hes sorry ..no should tell anyone who they can
be friends .. boys like men take along time to grow up..LOL
i'm still waiting for my dh ..LOL anyway prayers for you dear..
i agree with darlene wine it is....
blessings and hugs deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  2:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Girls for your love and support!

Nurse Darlene...you know I can't drink alcohol after having teeth extracted, so no fair having a wine fest without
me! LOL

My middle son left me a string of text last night after I shut off my phone. I shouldn't have read them this morning. I hear I have won the "Worst Mother & Grandmother of the Year" Award and it was delivered in profanity.
Then to top that off he called my other two sons and drug them in to this...which I wasn't going to get them involved in it and he called my ex-mother-in love and drug her in to his tirade. My other two boys are very supportive and tell me not to take his abuse and that they tried to reason with him but to no avail. Today I kept thinking about that scripture in Proverbs 31...were it says "her children will rise up and call her blessed." I guess that depends on what children were talking about.

I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic last night...so I have to head over and get a new prescription. I am so drug-sensitive...I shouldn't have had that entire new prescription filled last night as I just wasted the money. I called my regular Dr. today and found out what they had on record that I could tolerate and then called that in to my Dentists office. I am not in pain today at all...other than heart pain (from my son). But the extraction pain seems to be over with. Darlene...they said I would be well healed before my surgery at the Dentists office.

Well, I am going to go get the meds and then lay down for awhile because I am mentally and physically weary.
Maybe back on later. I love YOU ALL my dear Porchies...you are just THE BEST!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 26 2011 2:18:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  2:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm so sorry for your pain and troubles. As the ladies have said, pray and be strong. The Holy Spirit is in you and will guide you as needed. (I know you know that.) My dad had the ablation procedure several years ago after just a few very scary incidences of his heart racing out of control. It was a complete success and he's very happy he had it done. I think he was 63 when he had his. So, we'll trust for the best outcome for you, too.

Deborah, your un-dinner invitation made me laugh (in memory of hunger pains). The same thing happened to my DH and me about 20 years ago. One of his friends was newly married and invited us to come visit and have dinner with them on a Saturday evening. We showed up around 5pm I think and left at about 9 - after I gave my DH "the look". I think he recognized that either we left or I was gonna find some salt and start in on his forearm.

Well, I dumped the tea leaves back in the tin and am warming some Sweet Cranberry Apple Wine. There's cheese and crackers on the table for any takers.

stay warm...

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jan 26 2011 2:28:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  3:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I'm so sorry for all your going through. I'm glad the tooth is starting to feel better. I'm sure the son trouble hurts a lot more. Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

The kiddos had another snow day. I didn't hang with them this time though. I'm quite sick of the white stuff. LOL So I decided to face my fears and take myself to work. I was a nervous wreck by the time I got to my first house. Thankfully it didn't take long to wind down. Something kind of relaxing about cleaning. Weird. Anyhoo.. my client had her baby, a little girl, and they are both healthy.

Well I'm pretty tuckered out. I think I'm going to find my warm jammies and curl up with a book or maybe the kids and I will watch a movie.

Have a good night!!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  6:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello girls. I am so upset tonight. My Mom called and said my BIL's Cousin, who is a Missionary in Mexico(35 years), was shot in the head and was DOA at the nearest hospital. Her husband was driving their pick-up truck and she was in the passenger
seat when the drug cartel started chasing them. They drove at high-speed to the bridge check-point with the cartel on their tail.We got newsletters from them every other month and she would tell us scary stories of awful things happening all around them.They always told us to pray for them and that the prayers were deeply felt and then she'd tell us of an instance where they could have been killed but God spared them. I'm so worked up over this because I know them well. They would come home every couple of years and go around to all of our churches and visit and tell us of amazing things God was doing there in Mexico. They'd share some of the Spanish songs with us that they sung in their churches down there. It was all so beautiful and amazing. I'm just in shock and wanted to share with someone. Sorry if I rambled on.
Please pray for her family.
Thanks!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Finke
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Sharon
Fink Tx.
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  6:43:19 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your trouble ,Peggy.Pray for peace of mind and get some rest.Next time he brings someone over for you to meet;just say,"no thanks."
Made 2 cobblers(apple and cherry),cole slaw,long grain rice with fresh mushrooms,green beans, and cajun fried crappie.When I thawed the fish, I realized there was a lot.So I called our neighbors/friends ,and thier son (grown, who lives close by) and fed the neighborhood! That felt good!And the company is always great! Not alot of time for porch sitting today; but wanted to stop by!We have a couple of nice days ahead. Plan to get my garden started! Good night my sisters.

~Sharon

"As a rule,anything that is shouted or whispered isn't worth hearing."
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  8:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Peggy, we are all here for you no matter what! There's no such thing as rambling on this porch:) I will pray for your son.
Melanie, I wish I had a snow day! It's been coming down, but one night only 1 inch, then maybe a couple inches during the day, but never enough in one foul swoop for a snow day!
Judy, I love being able to do more things! At PT the other day, I was doing lunges, and I've been doing squats for some time now. Little victories will soon add up to a girl on the run, literally!
This week seems to be going by so fast! So, next week is Catholic School's Week, and basically all the Catholic schools across the country celebrate being a Catholic school (spirit week for Catholic schools)! We don't have a theme at our school, but every day has a theme. I'm so excited! It's my favorite time of the school year. Monday is the Locks of Love Assembly, where all of the girls getting their hair cut get it cut in front of the entire school. Tuesday we get to wear our grade school uniforms (hopefully mine still fit). Wednesday is Packer or school Spirit wear. Thursday is twin day, and on Friday our archbishop is coming to say mass! That's probably the most exciting part. It's not everyday your archbishop says mass at your school! Well, have good tomorrows!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  9:32:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy...I am so very sorry. We heard about that on the news. That is just awful! The Drug Cartel in Mexico is so scary! And getting worse every year. Oh I will just so be in prayer for your whole family. The only positive thing I can say about that horrid story is that she immediately opened her eyes and saw Jesus face to face. As a missionary for 35 years she was ready to meet her Lord...but the brutality of how she got there is just awful. God will not be mocked and He will deal with the injustice and brutality of the cartels actions. If not today...then when He picks the time and the place. For Vengeance is His. May He hold you all in His Loving Arms and bottle your tears.

Love, Prayers and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  04:54:06 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning, Farmgirls. I'm sorry to hear all the sad news. Peggy, take care of your health one day at a time and don't take your son's anger too personally. I know it's hard because we have an adopted son who has been with us since age 5 months (he's almost 13) and he does things that are definitely genetic and not behaviors he learned from us. We try not to play into it, but it isn't easy. Judy, I will pray for your family. A death seems much more tragic when someone is trying to do good. Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page