Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  3:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Hey Lady Bugs!!

Judy, Luanne and Peggy~ Still thinking and praying for you ladies. I'm happy you and your son are working things out, Peggy. :) Luanne, how's your BF? Did the docs give him a little slack? Do you two like to play boardgames or cards? Maybe that would help the two of you pass the time while he's recovering. Judy~ lots of hugs coming your way!

We had a busy morning! My oldest daughter had ensemble contest for band this morning. We had to leave bright and early (7:30). The girls did great! I thought they did a beautiful job on their piece of music but they had a tough judge so they got a silver medal. Still good! :) Then we bee-lined it back home to catch the little girls' basketball game. My daughter and my niece played against each other today. It's the only time this season they will verse each other! It was an awesome game! The girls played hard and we were super impressed that they were able to guard each other and play so well for their teams. These two are like two peas in a pod. They are so close you'd think they were more like sisters than cousins. We thought they would have trouble playing against each other, but they proved us wrong!

Yes Peggy, we are starting to get some wedding plans together, more than just throwing out all the junk. HAHAHAHAHA! I think honey man finds the whole diet thing funny cause he keeps eating ice cream in front of me. Mean, just plain mean. LOL We picked a day!!!! Saturday Oct 1st! We are looking at a couple of places and see if our date is available. I'm pretty sure the one will be open. But if we use this one, we'll have to rent a couple of port-a-pots. heeheehee I can just see half of my family and half of his family having hissy fits! hahahaha I'm going to do some looking to see what kind of flowers are in bloom in Oct and get started planting. Oh and we have a little glitch- honey man is not a cake kinda guy. He likes two kinds of cakes- red velvet and cheesecake. But we've been thinking of substituting something else for cake. He doesn't really have much of a sweet tooth- except ice cream grrrrr. LOL Do you ladies have any ideas for a cake substitute??

Have a wonderful night girls! We are gonna maybe go bowling with the boy scouts (his son's troop) or maybe a movie.
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  7:07:36 PM  Show Profile
Evening POrchies,

How are you all? It is a cold evening here supposed to snow by MOnday. I am so ready for spring.
Sang in contemporary choir at church and will do the morning service tomorrow as well.

Peggy~I am so proud of you. I do the online and meetings..the monthly pass. I like being able to go online and get recipes but I need the face to face as well. YOu go girl. I will continue to pray for you and your son.

Melanie~so glad to hear there are wedding plans coming along. My dear stepdaughter is getting married in September and she was picking out bridesmaid and flower girl dresses today.

Judy~Happy birthday dear one. Keeeping you in prayer as well.

Well my dears I am heading to evening tea and a good book.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2011 :  7:59:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch ladies, I'm RoDonna from the knobs of Kentucky. I love sitting on my porch when it's warm and out on the front steps on a warm night looking at the stars and hearing the white tail deer out in the field across from my house. I'm new to the forum somewhat trying to learn my way around. I'm the mother of four children: 1 girl (the oldest) and 3 boys. I'm excited to learn some new things and getting to know my farmgirl sisters.

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  01:57:09 AM  Show Profile
RoDonna... Welcome! There is always room on the porch for everyone!

Porchies, I need some help. My MIL had a heart attack due to the clots that are formin in her. She was able to overcome the clot in her lung, but it caused the heart attack. She had open heart surgery and is okay, but there is 2 more surgeries in her future. She has to have the arteries in her neck replaced and the ones in her legs cleaned and stints put in. She's in pretty bad shape.

The problem is that we don't get along at all. She was living in a trailer behind the house so that we all could have our space and privacy. It was the only way to make things work. Now she has to move into the house. I am so very scared. My DH and I nearly divorced over her living with us 2 years ago. She thinks that blood comes before all, even spouses. She thinks that she should be the only decision maker and ruling force in the house since she is the 'mother'. I can't live with the fact that I'm second in line for my DH's heart and not allowed to raise my own children. It has been a really sore spot in our marriage for the last 2 years and now it's raised it's ugly head agian.

He can't accept her stayin in the trailer anymore or with her sister till she's on her feet good. I can't live with her. He really doesn't even want her going back to the trailer after she's on her feet agian. The apartment we are building on the backside of the house is probably not gonna be ready for months yet and he wants her here till it's done. The only thing that could be done to save our marriage is for me to take the girls and move to my mother's house till she's on her feet. I have to make a decision in the next few days. The dr said the surgeries couldn't be done all in one visit. So I will have to leave for a total of 3 different times!

I am feeling so absolutely betrayed! I feel like he doesn't love me at all. I don't know know what to do. Is he really chosing his mom over his wife and children? Am I making too much of all this? He has made the comment several times that she is all he has left since his dad died. I take great offense to that, but he says he means of his adult family with no grandparents left living either. I don't know. It still hurts me a lot. Please, I need some advice.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  08:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
RoDonna~ Welcome to the porch!

Angela~ Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way and prayers for you MIL. I don't think you are wrong to feel the way you do at all. I do understand your husband wanting to take care of his mother. I'm sure he loves his mom very much and he would probably blame himself if something happened to her. But you are right. That is your home and she should repect you. As far as blood is thicker than water, maybe in the literal sense. What you and hubby have is so much thicker than blood. You have a marriage, a promise, a love made in God. No man or MIL should undo that. I wish I had some wonderful magic advice to offer. Maybe try talking to DH and MIL. She should not rule the roost or try to. even though she is family she needs to understand she is still a guest in your home. DH should stand by your side. I know it may put him in an awkward situation being in the middle of mom and wife, but he needs to step up. I'm so sorry if that sounds bossy. I really do understand your pain. I've had a crazy MIL and will be getting another one. LOL Hang in there! We all love you and are here for you anytime you need us!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  09:53:47 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I'm so sorry you are faced with a MIL like that. Why does it seem like they all are a pain. I have a friend that was in much the same situation as you. Her MIL had a stroke and had to move in. The stress was overwhelming and she started to get really sick. They also ended up with the trailer out back. I think your DH needs to remember your health issues too. What is he going to do if because of the stress, you have major health issues. You aren't going to be able to take of yourself let alone her. How is he going to take care of her when you are gone at your mom's and he is working? He needs to figure out a compromise between the two. You can't stop him from loving and wanting to take care of his mom.. but he has to realize that with her attitude it's not your job either. I agree with Melanie, you all need to sit down together and talk. Your health is as important as hers. Hang in there. I know we all feel your pain.

RoDonna, welcome to the porch! Lots going on here.

Melanie, most of the mess at my mom's is her clutter. She won't let me touch it and she keeps making excuses why she can't do it. Not sure what to do. I finally got my room clean and clutter free. At least I have one space I can deal with.
As far as your wedding, why don't you have a regular cake for the guests and a special cheese cake for you and your new hubby. That way everyone gets the tradition and he gets what he likes. You can use the same designs on both. I made my cakes for my wedding. I had 3 of them. One was our cake and the others were for the guests. They all had the same flowers and colors. My last wedding was in October. I remember putting pepper berries and lots of greenery in our arrangements. I can't remember the flowers we used though. (it was a long time ago and a marriage best forgotten). Have fun planning! Oh and I think the pot luck is a great idea. I wanted to do that and my husband to be had a fit.

Peggy, sorry you are not sleeping. At least you can take naps during the day. I hope things work out for your son and you. I think kids want to know that their parents will be there for them no matter what. Even if it means leaving out the old girlfriend and child.

Well, going to try to get mom to do some cleaning up today. We will see what excuse she comes up with.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  10:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hooo break time! My guy said he was thinking about going riding on his 4-wheeler today sooooo I am taking advantage of it. The kiddos are gone to their dad's for the weekend and it's just me and the critters. So I'm cleaning house! Kitchen and bathroom and trash are all done. I've got the laundry started. Now it's time to rest and have a bite of lunch. Rufus, however, feels like it's time for a game of fetch and lovins. He'll get his way of course. LOL You'd think he'd be tired from trying to attack the steam mop. grrrrr

Bunny~ It sounds like your mom has some hoarding issues going on. Those are the toughest to deal with. My aunt is a big time hoarder! I've not tried to help her with her house, but when we were trying to get my mamaw's house ready for the kids and I to move into... Let me just say, we spent an entire day in this house and the only things we cleaned out was a closet and packed a couple of boxes for goodwill. I mean we started early in the morning and we didn't get done until about 530 that evening. My aunt realizes she has a problem though. So she called one day and asked if I was sure I didn't mind cleaning out the house. Her only request was to not know what I did with anything. In less than a week me, my mom and the kids had this house cleaned out and ready to go. First step for your mom is she needs to recognize that she has a problem and admit to it. Unfortuately you may not be able to help her until she is able to do this. Have you ever watched that show Hoarders? If you don't have cable, you can go to hulu.com and watch episodes for free. Maybe you will find some ideas on how to help her and how to get the clutter out of the house too.

Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  7:23:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
RoDonna, welcome to the porch! You'll find great friendship here:)
Peggy, I don't know about the track team, but definitely rugby and hopefully basketball:)
Today and yesterday were pretty good. Yesterday I spent some time with my aunt and uncle and my three younger cousins and my dad. We had a very low-key day. We watched part of Bill Cosby: Himself, and now I really want to watch the whole thing! We were rolling on the floor, and my Nana, who is very quiet, was crying she was laughing so hard! Then we watched Despicable Me, which even if you don't have kids around, is a cute movie. I was a little judging of it because it's a kid movie, but it was so cute and funny, too! Well, I hope all of you have lovely tomorrows!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2011 :  11:27:25 PM  Show Profile
RaDonna...Welcome to The Porch! We are glad to have you here. You will meet a lot of really great women here!

It was a very quiet day for me. Stayed in bed most of the day with Fibro pain. But it also gave God time to do some Healing Heart Surgery on me. I am still struggling with the entire situation with my middle son. I am praying I made the right decision. I don't want to second guess God...that isn't trusting Him.

Well, just a quick Hi to all My Lovelies and now I am off to bed. Hope I can sleep since I have been in bed most of the day. Won't know until I try, right?

More tomorrow.

Hugs girls,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 30 2011 11:29:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  07:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
RoDonna...Welcome to the porch. As you can see we are a great group of women, of all ages, that try to help each other through everything. We are nonjudgemental and very supportive. There's nothing in this world that one of us haven't endured somewhere along the line. We all Bless each other on this cozy porch.

Peggy...Poor GF. Stress does'nt help the Fibro.Your son will always need that extra reassurance, no matter what it is, just because that's who he is. You just hang in there and know YOU are loving him and we'll all pray! You know God's in control so the next time he rants and raves, take a deep breath and calmly tell him you are hanging up until he can talk respectfully to you. Which might cause another scene, but stick to it. I have had to do this more than once with my daughter. I'd hug you but it would hurt!LOL!

Angela...Where do I start? This is advice from an old lady who should have done things differently. Let me say that my WHOLE life I always came last with my husband. He was married before and had 2 sons that he got custody of and we raised. They came first as well as his parents for whom he worked. He got custody and I, alone, became the soul caregiver. He was working, hunting or whatever. Their mother didn't care if she saw them so she mostly did'nt. For years some times. When I had our son I decided I wouldn't leave. I really had nowhere TO go. Wrong choice. I should have found somewhere. Consequently I have lived a life of feeling badly about myself because of all the verbal and mental abuse I lived with. I live in the country and there were times I didn't have a car. I worked for a surgeon and I would assist him in the OR on his big cases. One day he diabled my car so I couldn't go to work. Ther's so much more that it would take a month to tell it all. DO NOT become like me. You should be 1st. A husband leaves his mother when he takes a wife. I don't advocate divorce, but ai don't advocate my life either. I was wrong. I applaud those of you on here that got out and found a loving, RESPECTFULL relationship. Your hubby needs to readjust his thinking and if he won't than you readjust yours and do what you have to do. If it means going home to your mother, do it. I do understand caring for the parents but it's easy for your hubby to want to do it when you will be doing all the work. Run, don't walk. Your girls don't need to see their momma being treated badly by daddy or grandma. Talk to social services and see if they will place her in rehab to recoup. That is a huge thing for open heart recovery. If she is that bad off they may place her until all the surgeries are done. Good Luck you will need it! Prayers sent!

Tealady's your Feb. tea will be in the mail today. Post when you get it.

BD sisters reminder...
Judy 2/2
Megan 2/4
Deb 2/8
Your BD mail is also being mailed today. Post when you get it.
Anyone else that would like to receive BD cards/gifts on their BDs please email me yor addresses and BD.

Bunny...I really feel for your situation GF! We just need to pray you right oo there!

Blessings to you all and bringing an assortment of books/magazines and an assortment of teas/coffee creamers so we can just chill out!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  08:52:58 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I'm glad you liked the Bill Cosby show. Wait until you have kids. It will make you laugh even harder cos you will know exactly what he is talking about. Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Mom cleaned up her office.. somewhat. But it is a start. I told her I would clean out the fridge for her. No complaints. I'm also working on her to let me clean out some storage closets. I made the mistake of looking under the kitchen sink. There were so many kittie bowels and a basket full of used sponges. I'm hoping she will let me deal with that too. I think I have convinced her to have a yard sale this spring. I have 3 large bins I emptied my sewing stuff out of and told her we could put the yard sale stuff in there. Tomorrow we are going to visit the quilt shop in town. I'm hoping the owner is there. I could really use a job right now. I figured I have to make $100.00 a day to support myself alone. I plan on selling my fabric on the internet, hopefully teaching some quilt classes and trying to sell things I have made myself either in town or online. I have some jewelery I want to start making too. A very good friend of mine in the quilting world said "it isn't the one thing you do that earns you enough money. It's having lots of things all working at one time that will support you". Hopefully I can start working and earn real dollars and everything else will start to fall into place later on. At least I have something to work to.

Darlene, I'm so sorry you have to look back at the mistake of marriage like that. I hate that so many abused women get stuck because of the money issue. It really should be taught in schools for women to learn how to have that "stash" for just that reason. Angela, I hope you are listening to Darlene. Your daughters don't need to see you stressed and unhealthy because of this. Show them it is ok to stand up for yourself. If you do go to your mom's... he will get the message and hopefully solve the problem himself.

Well, my sister is coming tomorrow. Pray I can stay out of the storm and we can get along.
Everyone stay healthy and warm!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  09:31:20 AM  Show Profile
Angela, it clearly says in the Bible that a man is supposed to leave his parents and cleave to his wife. My MIL made my first marriage more than difficult. Yes DH needs to know that his mother is getting good care but that care probably needs to come from someone who is not stressed to the end of her rope. Find out what kind of social services are available. She does not need to think that she can boss her care giver as that can lead to a lesser quality of care for her.

Bunny I will continue to pray for your mom.

Peggy dear, get well. May the blessing of Abraham shower you with all you need.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  1:07:50 PM  Show Profile
welcome RoDonna
megan i feel like Despicable Me i've been so happy today as my MIL left and
will not be back for aleast a month (maybe never if i have my way)
so YIPPEE..lol so relieved and relaxed now..she needs 24hr care as she is like a two yr old..
ever the sharpest tack in the pack either..i am bad ..its just been so hard and i can't even tell you
how many times i had to disinfect my bathroom and throw out a new towel as she used it as TP..OMG
i was ill and so upset i told my DH thats it NO MORE.. just scrubbed my floors as she spilled everything
oh well sorry just venting ...
angela i hear you girlfriend MILs cut the cord...LOL
judy and tammy there is a tea cozie swap if your interested being lovers of tea and things..
it should be fun..
time for a really good cup of tea and i fresh baked blue scone thats just about to come out of the oven
i reward for the nightmare of the last few days ..tonight i open the champagne and celebrate

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Jan 31 2011 1:10:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  2:52:51 PM  Show Profile
Just dropping in for a quick hello! Got lots of catching up to do (as usual) :-)

Really quickly to Angela-I agree you should talk to both hubby and MIL. Maybe you could convince her of going into a rehab facility because "you can't give her proper care due to your own recent health issues". Maybe phrase it in a way that implies you are concerned for her rehab and think it's the best option. Maybe stretch the truth a little to facilitate a better solution? Good luck sweetie and stay strong. Don't risk your own health!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

babynurse
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Christine
Amherst Virginia
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  4:12:50 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!!! I've been absent from the porch since before Christmas, but I am finally at a point where I can sit back (for a few minutes anyway) and enjoy the porch! Christmas at our house was great, lots of food, lots of gifts for the kids, and nowhere to go for about 4 days in a row! (That's some kind of record for my family - with 5 children every single week is just a battle to make it to the end of the week unscathed.)

One of the things that kept me from visiting the porch was 6 out of 7 of us got the flu 2 weeks ago. It has taken us until this past weekend to completely recover. Only one doctor visit, though! Abby got an ear infection as a result, so I had to take her. My stepson who is disabled is the only one who did not get it - we pretty much quarantined him from the rest of us. Respiratory bugs are especially dangerous for him, so we try to keep him in a bubble as much as possible. Believe me, it was incredibly stressful to be sick myself, caring for 4 other sick children, and trying to keep everything hospital-quality sanitized to protect him was HARD WORK! I'm so glad it's over!
Next up is throwing my baby girls' 5th birthday party. She actually turned 5 on the 26th, but the flu-bug threw us completely off-kilter and we never did throw her a big party. We did do a small family party at home, I decorated and made her a home-made birthday cake, blew up balloons and had a homespun birthday. My youngest stepson's birhtday was the next day, so we had another homespun birthday the very next night! School was cancelled due to snow, so it was a crazy few days there...we were all still in recovery too! Once the snow cleared up and the kids went back to school, we had a class party for her too...brought pizza and cupcakes and she got to wear the "birthday crown and pin". BUT, the thing we do every year for all of the little ones is have a big blow-out where they can invite anyone they want, and we set out an assortment of games (carnival-style) and a bounce-house. It's usually a big to-do. This time, however, we're going to have to wait until almost a month after her birthday before we can throw one b/c my husband is out of town for the next month. (Yes, pray for me. I may just go crazy in that time!!)
Anyway, at least that gives me plenty of time to plan. :-)
I hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to spend the rest of my free time looking back at recent posts and see what's been going on with all of you! Happy New Year 2011!!
Christine (Farmgirl Sister #831)

"Hey it's good, to be back home again...Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend..."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  5:40:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies. Welcome to the porch RoDonna. I like your name. Pretty!
Angela, I agree with the Rehab for your MIL. Sounds like the best place for her, no doubt in my mind.
Peggy, So sorry you hurt so much Girlfriend. I'm sure laying around hurts almost as much as trying to stay up. Whenever I've had to lay around because of back problems or illness, I always tell my Mom, "I just had to get myself outta that bed before rigormortis sets in and Hubby tags my toe!" LOLOL Makes her LOL everytime. Being a Nurse, Hubby would do it too, just for a giggle. hahaha
Bunny, I'm sure your Mom hates bugs. Tell her she has created a "Roach Motel," there...or a "Bedbug Bungalow." Surely that should gross her out and make her "Think!!"
DH and I enjoyed a sunny but cold day today out running around. I got a coupon from a steak house for a free dinner, for my Birthday. Although it's not for a couple of days yet, we are expecting a really nasty snow/ice-storm tonight thru Wednesday, so we took advantage of the beautiful sunshine today, and just had fun. We went to Goodwill and found a few "Must-Haves." Then we went to the library and I got a few books-on-tape. I love those. I can do other things and still read a book....so to speak. *giggle*
Melanie, I just love Bill Cosby's humor. My Sister & BIL had all of his record albums back in the early 70's. Man was he FUNNY!!!
Well girls, hunker down & stay warm, those of you expecting snow here in the East. Here we go again.
Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  11:25:42 PM  Show Profile
Deborah...glad that your mil left and you can have a little celebration! I am so sorry that you don't have a nice MIL. Mine
was a wonderful woman and I just miss her so much. She had a heart of gold and was such a sweetheart! But I know not everyone is as blessed as I was.

Cherime...Thank you so much for your good wishes. How are things going with your homeless project? Do you still have people
living with you? How about the teenager that was sleeping out in the cold? Did he get housing?

Christine...nice to have you back. So sorry that your family has been through so much with that ugly cold/flu/bronchial thing!
For awhile it seemed like people around me were falling like flies...with that stuff. It really lasted along time and was hard to kick. Hope you are all doing better now. I never did get it "Knock on Wood!"

Judy...Yes, Fibro can be bad if you sit too much, lay too much or stand too much. It is a difficult balance sometimes. But when I am having a Fibro Flare...I can barely get in and out of my bed to use the bathroom. It is very weather affected too. Having a dog also forces me to get up and take her out etc. So, she keeps me moving no matter how much pain I am in. ~ I love all those old Bill Cosby records too. That was right in my era. ~ I hope to get all you Feb. Birthday Girls Cards out this week.

This morning I needed some "ME" time and so I went out shopping. Went to two of my favorite craft stores. Got a lot of scrap-booking and card making supplies. And found a really cool bedside night stand that had been $99.99 and I got it for 70% off. My kind of find! Then I took myself off for a light lunch and coffee. It was very nice. Good Retail Therapy! A nice morning!

Well, I am off for my cuppa tea and my book. Sweet Dreams My Porchies!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 01 2011 06:38:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  05:10:03 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning!

Megan~ The kids and I watched Despicable Me about a week ago. We LOVED that movie! It was cute. And it was nice to see a kids movie that ended with a "good" ending.

Bunny~ WooHoo!! It's a start girlfriend! I think Judy's right, perhaps if you tell your mom the health dangers of certain things you find like the old sponges she may be more likely to let you dispose of them.

Hi Christine!~ Sorry you all have been so sick with the bug. The birthday parties sound fun! :)

Judy~ We are getting ready to hunker down for that storm too. LOL I'm prepared for ice this year so maybe we won't get it. That last ice storm was ugly. We lost power, my kids had to go to their dad's (he heats with wood), me and Ruby huddled under 5 blankets on the couch till honey man came to the rescue. But this year we have a couple of those old fashioned gas space heaters and I made sure to get some more oil for the lamps just in case.

Peggy~ I hope you are feeling better. :) Glad you got out yesterday. Sounds like you had a good time!

The kids and I went to the library last night. I wanted to get something to keep me occupied in case I get stranded to the house. I got lots of books on planning a wedding, planning on a budget.... I think my brain is on overload. LOL OH I haven't told you about honey man's idea for getting hitched. He thinks we should get married at Interlakes. This place is DNR ground that has been opened up for hunting and 4-wheeling. He wants to find the biggest hill and put me and him and the preacher on a 4-wheeler, climb this big hill and tie the knot on top. Ok YES if I wasn't such a scaredy cat. Haha I told him maybe a little hill. So then he suggested getting married beside a big mudhole and then flying through it on a 4 wheeler. Men *sigh* I don't think I will ever understand them. LOL Well gals it's time for me to head out the door. Have a great day!

Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  06:15:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that I will only be on off and on for a while. I have pleurisy and they are trying to make me better. Have laptop and knitting needles (& yarn) so all is well. Will touch base as I can.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  06:21:07 AM  Show Profile
Melanie - I have to laugh because I can believe a guy wanting to do that. My fiance and I are still trying to figure out what we're going to do. $$$ is unfortunately a huge issue. I'd be all for going to Vegas and getting it done but this will be his first marriage and "he" wants the typical wedding. My friends have suggested potluck but his friends would turn up their noses at that. I found an awesome park with a beautiful rustic stone structure with a fireplace but they won't allow any alcohol in the park and that's an issue for his friends too. As I said, Vegas sounds better and better. (sigh)

Made it into work easily this morning. The 1-2 inches of snow we were supposed to get ended up being only a dusting, someone posted we'd gotten 1cm. After the panic they've had everybody in with the prediction of 12 to 18 inches, now they're saying 7 to 12. My hopes for a snowday tomorrow are slipping away :O( I had such high hopes for an enjoyable day tucked away at home too. The major snow fall isn't supposed to start until about 5 tonight so I'll be tucked away at home safely. I made some broccoli sausage tortillini chowder last night to keep everybody warm. Brought some for lunch. Well time to get working. Hope everybody has a safe and warm day.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  10:38:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies.
The homeless teen is still out in the cold. We are trying desperately to get something going but meeting a lot of spiritual opposition. My daughter is having foot problems and being diabetic that is a bad one. Have been praying and things bot better for a bit and then she wound up having to do all the work to get the renters into their old home as her husband had a melt down. He did not want to work on the house anyway and any old excuse was a good one. I framed in the bedroom in the basement for the renters boys and got the sheet rock cut, up mudded and taped with a bit of help from the male renter. They are both still living on the other apartment and going through a real fit of drama. A real pain. I need to put DD on the prayer chain, foot is swollen and it will not go down because she stayed on it too long on Sat. It was better in the am and if I could have kept her off of it......
Anyway hugs all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  11:36:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I am on a snowday from school. we are in the midst of a winter storm with windchills -24 to -34 through tomorrow! Yikes it is cold. So lots of tea here in my neck of the woods.

HOpe you are all keeping warm and cozy. I am off to work on quilt that is near finished.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  1:39:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi there girls. I made a pot of "Casablanca" tea today . Man is it tasty. Fruity with strawberries, apples, rose-hips, and other yummy ingredients. DH liked it too. I had "Black Forrest" tea one day...wow...choc covered cherries was the outstanding flavor there. Excellent! Then the butterscotch was good, but I added sweet creamer to it to bring out the "scotchy" side of it. So far I'm happy with all of the "Culinary" teas I've tried. Still have lots to go. Stay tuned.....
Melanie, your Sweetie's ideas for wedding nuptuals left me in hysterics. If I were a cartoonist, I'd be drawing what you discribed and wouldn't be able to stop laughing. I'm picturing a gal in blue-jeans, white T-shirt and a full-length veil, clinging to a guy in jeans and a tuxedo T-shirt complete with bowtie and denim cumberbun, on a 4-wheeler, both splattered with mud, both butts up offa the seat, as they "Slime" thru the biggest Mud-hole known to man....or Dennis the Menace!!!Oh, I can see Greeting-Card possibilities here!
I'll be back later.....after I stop my "Hee-Haw-ing!"

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 01 2011 1:43:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  1:46:02 PM  Show Profile
Well, Ladies, looks like lots of cold, ice, and snow for everyone. We are trapped in due to ice here. I will add to our prayer list. My prayer group is doin a lot of prayin and studyin since we can't get out. So it's a pretty intense time for everyone right now.

I have some really strange news on the Hubby front. He was livin at the hospital till the night I told him I couldn't live with his mother movin back in here with us. He got angry with me because it came up while he was at work, but he wouldn't stop askin me why I was upset, so I had to tell him. He called a few of his buddies to gripe and they sided with me. One of them 'tore him apart' (his words) for bein at the hospital all the time and for makin such a huge decision to move her in without me.

We have talked a few times about it and even once without yellin or arguin at all. He has been home with us more than at the hospital and has even said he wants his mom to move back to her trailer after the first week or so. He seems to be tryin to show me that he is puttin me first. I even offered for him to go check on her today and he said he didn't want to take the chance of gettin stuck up there with her and leavin me stranded with no help. He has been very affectionate the last few days as well. He even took me out shoppin and got me a truly beautiful pair of boots that are fur lined and so very warm. They were $40 above our budget for my new shoes, but he refused to put them back and said he was gonna carry his lunch all week to make up the difference.

I want so badly to believe this is real, but I've been down this road before. I am watchin very closely for the cliff I usually fall off about a week into this. I am prayin for this to be real.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  2:01:59 PM  Show Profile
Praying with you. May God place those laborers beside him daily to keep his vision turned in the correct direction.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page