Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  5:40:22 PM  Show Profile
well it won't drain and now when i try to turn it onit won't kick on like to evenput more water in there. My husband thinks maybe the pipe is just frozen so that is why it won't drain so h told me to just wait a day or 2 to see if it thaws. If that don't work then i will try the vinegar.

I am loving my country life all the time!!!!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  5:49:17 PM  Show Profile
There ya go! :)

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  01:53:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Precious Porchies...(oops, I think I should be saying Good Morning!) You know me...always the Night Owl. I never go to bed before one or two or three in the morning. :+) ~ I Just love all this hen-clucken on the Porch! Sounds like some blessings are flowing in this Season of Miracles. Gotta Love That! Gotta Love Him...for his Faithfulness to his children. PTL!

Bunny...that was so Awesome of that couple to bless you with that $. We all rejoice with you Sister! It does renew your hope in humanity doesn't it Everybody I know who are trying to sell houses at this time in our economy all HATE their Banks. So, you do not stand alone on those emotions girlfriend! It's darn right beyond maddening but then along comes God and just showers some blessings your way despite what the Bank is doing. I love Him for that!
And I loved that your Kitties...gave you some extra warm-fuzzies right when you needed it too. Animals have a keen sense of knowing how to demonstrate unconditional love right at the most genuine time.

Staci...we are still praying for Hubby. We know something perfect will come along for him! I love seeing your FAITH showing despite your circumstances. So, glad you have been able to be with us a bit more. We love having you on the porch. Every Lady here is so SPECIAL!

Tammy...you are sounding more like your wonderful-self every day! Thanks for the Chocolate (YUM) and Pralines & Creme tea. I've never had that kind of tea before but I have had that flavor coffee. It really Yummy too!

Judy...Thanks for the Christmas Card, Tea and stickers. It was a fun day to get Farmgirl Christmas Mail today! I Love It! ~ And by the way Judy, being KIND always pays off and you are a genuinely kind person. Even when that isn't your motivation to save money by being nice. God rewards those who live by the Golden Rule. ~ I have had a few people just in the last couple of days give me change when I was short. Once in the Grocery line and once at the Post Office. I could have switched from cash to my ATM Card but both people...said, no...I am happy to give it to you. That may seem small to others...but even little acts of kindness are huge in my book. And I know God will give me opportunities to pass those blessings forward to others too. RAOK's right? No, not so random when you're a Christian...The Holy Spirit keeps us attuned to those moments of divine intervention...going both ways. The receiving keeps us humble and the giving blesses our heart and soul.

Dana...Thanks for your Christmas Card too and I laughed my head off over your comment about the smoking shack. Too Funny Girl!

Luanne...I also got your Christmas Card today. Like I've said before...there is no better day than one filled with lots of fun Farmgirl Mail!! Beats bills any old day of the week huh?

Sharon...I have made those same cookies for years (at least 30) and I can attest to the fact that they are the best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever! And with no flour...think of the saved calories girls.

Lida...You did have the "Perfect" Day. How can it not be...when you get to love on a grandbaby all day!? I got the clearest visual picture from your description of cuddling with baby, Christmas music playing in the background, The fireplace blazing, the smell of baking cookies and watching the snow swirl around out the window. That is the PERFECT DAY! ~ Thanks for sharing the story of the young couple from Guatemala too. I will remember to pray for them. When I hear stories like that...all my problems seem minuscule and petty in comparison. ~ Also, three cheers for signing up for the ornament swap!!! Simple is Perfect!

Marcia...I hope the dishwasher pipes thaw-out!! You sound like me...I am not a fan of doing dishes by hand. Too many years of that when I was a kid. I could kiss the person who invented the dishwasher!!! And the hand-held hair blower! LIFE SAVERS they are!!!!

Megan...I see you doing the Happy Dance getting to go back to school!!! ENJOY! Life is good when Megan gets to be at School...we all know that about her don't we? I've never know a kid that loved school more!!! Which is just Awesome. I am sure Teacher Tammy wishes she had an entire class full of Megan's!

Pam...Yes, can you share that Marshmallow Recipe Darlen girl? I bet you are glad to have all your baking done with aren't you? Did you get everything delivered? ~ Guess where my hubby took me today? Yep, you guessed it...our favorite place! Monticello! This is only the second time that I made it turning the Christmas Season and it was so much fun. I found some wonderful stocking stuffers for two of my sons. One loves Nutcrackers (Soldiers like from the Play) and has since he was a small child. I found him four antique ones today. One of my other sons is an avid fisherman and I found the cutest Fishing Hat Ornament and Fishing Net Ornament. Then I found some Christmas Presents for me too. (Merry Christmas to me from me). I'm bad...I know one is never suppose to buy themselves something at Christmas! I think I'm old enough to break the rules once in awhile, don't you?

Darlene...do you think we could do A Really Horrible Recipe Swap? Because I have gained 20 lbs back of the fifty I lost last spring. I am serious! I need some of those recipes that say in the first line of the Ingredients..."IF IT TASTE GOOD SPIT IT OUT!" Those are the kind of recipes I need girlfriend! I think My Chocolate Addiction has once again gotten the best of me. I think I need an AA Group for Chocoholics because I've never met a piece of Chocolate I didn't like. Even if it didn't taste that good...do ya know what I mean??? My problem is after 6 months of eating every green vegetable known to mankind...I can't look one in the eye...without feeling sick to my stomach. I am just sick to death of vegetables, fresh, frozen, canned or what-ever. HELP! I NEED AN INTERVENTION!

Sweet Dreams My Porchies...I am going to have Visions of Sugar Plums Dancing in My Head...
Are there Chocolate Sugar Plums????
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 14 2010 02:14:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  07:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Here's the vanilla marshmallow recipe. You can add different flavors if you want. You are suppose to add the scraping of a vanilla bean but I didn't have that so I just added a little bit more vanilla.

Nonstick cooking spray
3 (1/4-ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, plus 1 vanilla bean, scraped
Confectioners' sugar, sifted, for coating

Lightly spray a 9-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with plastic wrap-spray the plastic wrap also, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides; set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand for 10 minutes. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup water. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil; boil rapidly for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and, with the mixer on high, slowly pour the boiling syrup down the side of the mixer bowl into gelatin mixture. Add salt and continue mixing for 12 minutes.

Add vanilla extract and vanilla bean seeds; mix until well combined. Spray a rubber spatula or your hands with cooking spray. Spread gelatin mixture evenly into pan using prepared spatula or your hands. Spray a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place, spray side down, on top of marshmallows. Let stand for 2 hours.

Carefully remove marshmallows from pan. Remove all plastic wrap and discard. Cut marshmallows into 2-inch squares using a sprayed sharp knife. Place confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Working in batches, add marshmallows to bowl and toss to coat.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  07:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
A little while ago I signed up for a news letter and each day they send little notes. I thought this one was just so perfect, I had to share.

Dear Amazing Girl,

You have done such wonderful things, you really have. You have made differences that you don't even know about, and you have touched lives that you have forgotten about, but that will never be forgotten by the lives you have touched. You have inspired others that you didn't even know were watching and you have taught lessons to others that you didn't even know you were teaching.

Please be kind to yourself, dear friend. Please take this day to see what is right about you instead of being distracted by what you think is wrong with you. Please thank your body for carrying you through your life, and thank your soul for making everything so meaningful. Please see yourself, even if just for a moment, in the absolutely cherished way that you are seen by those who love you, and especially by the One who created you.

You are far too hard on yourself. It's time to treat yourself with the kindness that you deserve. You are just right, you are beautiful. You are capable and you are strong. Your life matters and YOU matter.

Please believe it. You are so loved.
xoxo

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  10:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi sisters...I will be back later but want to just let you know what's going on.

Went to veterinarian opthalologist for my angel Jackie,yesturday. Put her on another eye drop for her glaucoma. She gave her 1 drop in each eye and sent me home with injectable benadryl and an injectable prednisone just in case. The new drops will cost $92.00 monthly. The visit was $172.00. You guessed it , on the way home she began to become lethargic. Then the eyes swelled and she wouldn't/couldn't open them. Thank God it stopped there. I am on her like a hawk eyeballing her! She has been sleeping all day and her eyes are slightly better. Thank God I didn't get the drops, AGAIN and waste the money. Don't get me wrong NO amount of money is too much for my angel but once burned, twice shy! Waiting for a call back for our next step.

1st PT session @ 4:30. Can't wait to see how agressive they will try to be! I'm not into agressive so they better look out!LOL!

Looks like out ornament swap is full. Yeah sisters! The rest of my ornaments will be mailed by the end of the week. I need more bubble envelopes. Cheapest way to mail. So when you think about making your ornaments think cheap postage and make accordingly.

Staci...A girl after my own heart...I ROTFLOL about giving the drops to my husband. HYSTERICAL! Maybe eye drops too the way they knock Jackie out. TOO FUNNY!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  10:31:56 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sharon and Lida...Both of you want May for the ornament swap. Would one of you take April and then we're good to go! Let me know.

Back later tonight. Left some homemade beef noodle soup and salad on the porch. Enjoy!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  4:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...I got your beautiful Christmas Cross today! Oh, my gosh girl...I love it! And the little green stocking you packaged it in. Just adorable. I am so glad that you put the red beads and the Crown on it...It gives so much more personal meaning to it. You are a very talented Lady. Thank You for blessing us with our first Ornament of the Swap. I have my first eight made and need more materials...so I am off to a good start for January's Ornament. I bought a cool ornament tree that I plan to keep up all year to display my Special Ornaments As they Come in. Tonight I will be showing yours off to my Craft Group Here. Anybody who can post a picture of Darlene's Ornament...please do! I took pictures but my computer and my husband's are really acting up...so I can't even get the pictures off my camera onto my computer. Grrr! Frustrating! Maybe pictures will inspire others to participate in future swaps that we do.

Pam...that Dear Amazing Girl...just really was Special! I needed to hear that and I am sure others did too. I copied it to pass on to other Amazing Girls. ~Also thanks for the Vanilla Marshmallow Recipe! ~ And I was on your Blog last night and had a good belly laugh over your song for your naughty dog! You should post that on here for the girls to read. It is funny! ~ Aren't the pictures of the Tornado in Amsville today something to see? Wow...the poor people affected by that right before Christmas...need all our prayers. It is amazing that no one was killed are seriously hurt. ~ For you girls who don't know where that is it is close to Salem Oregon. There are some Divine Intervention Stories coming out of that Town and surrounding area.

Darlene... praying for you and Jackie. Hoping your Therapy is gentle because I can just see you putting the Physical Therapist in a head-lock if it isn't! LOL ~ And poor Jackie...she does have a sensitive little system doesn't she? I am glad that she has a good mum to help her through this difficult time. Our dogs (or cats) are our babies aren't they? ...whether good, bad or indifferent...they are ours and they bring so much love and unconditional love to our lives. ~ I bought my husband a book for Christmas that has a picture on it that looks just like his dog Sterling (the one we had to have put down). The book is called "I Will See You In Heaven". I think it will bring him comfort. We have discussed together whether or not our pets will be in Heaven. I definitely think they will be. If Christ is coming back on a White Horse...then there are animals in Heaven!

Chat with you all Later!

Hugs and Loves To All My Porchies,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 14 2010 4:54:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  5:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
Another cold day here. So took the teapot to school. My little butterflies think it is cool I bring my tea to school. Aren't they just the little sweeties. I told them in the spring we will have a tea party of our own. Today I had Chocolate Raspberry Truffle tea. OH my goodness just smelling it was enough for me. But I did have two cups...oH very yummy.

Did yall know that you can have your ipod playing praise music and dry your hair at the same time. I began my day with praising the LOrd as I was drying my hair. My dear hubby said I was cute bebopping to music and drying my hair...I went to school smiling today...I felt good about that.

well ladies time for evening tea and read a chapter in my book. REading Persuasion by Jane Austen.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  5:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Marcia, I hope your dishwasher problems get sorted out!
Peggy, and everyone else who wished me luck and blessings today, thank you so much for the well wishes! I had an awesome day back, and all my teachers are being very accomodating (I had no doubt that they wouldn't be, but it's always nice to not to have to seek out extensions and such).
Tammy, I hope your little butterflies are doing well:) Good teachers really make better students. My third grade teacher helped me spread my wings, and I would not be the student or person I am today without her. I have also taken your idea about writing to God, as I'm more of a writer than talker with God, and I really like it! It's easier for me to put pen to paper, and I feel more connected to God than when I just try and think a prayer. Thanks for sharing!
Staci, your husband continues to be in my prayers. Something good will come along, especially with all the miracles on the porch lately, something good will come in the season of light and hope!
Darlene, your pup will be in my prayers.
So, like I said, today went really well. Using the wheelchair was definitely easier than trying to hobble around school all day! Well, I have to get back to makeup homework! May your tomorrows be filled with happiness and blessings!
God's and Holiday's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  8:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I loved your newsletter story. So uplifting.
Darlene, So sorry to hear about Jackies problems. I have that same kind of system...I have to tell Drs. that I'm extremely sensitive to the strength of drugs. It's awful. Even when they say to use 2 of something, I use 1. Poor Jackie, she's in my prayers.
Peggy, you made me LOL picturing Darlene and the Therapist wrestling in Jackie's behalf. Rofl
Tammy, you have some of the most amazing teas. I want to have a tea party at your house. LOL I've never even heard of Choc.Rasp.Truffle Tea. Yum! I have Choc. Rasp. coffee from Gevalia. I've been getting Gevalia coffee for quite a few years now. It's good stuff and never bitter.
Megan, I'm glad your first day back went well for you. Hope the rest of your week goes as smoothly!
Well it's getting late and COLDER/15 and I'm ready to snuggle under my down comforter. Nite Porchies!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  02:48:05 AM  Show Profile
Good Moening Sisters,
Please pray for my 8 month old granddaughter Natalie. Since Monday she has been sick with a stomach virus. Yesterday she got worse and the pediatrician sent her to the hospital. She was admitted because she didn't respond well to the IVs for severe dehydration. She was a preemie and is small for hernage so they ae being extra cautious. My daughter drove them to the hospital last evening in the midst of a terrible snow storm. It took her an hour to make the 15 minute trek because of the weather and road conditions. I am going to the hospital in a couple of hours.

Megan- so glad that everything went well for your firsr day back to school. I also keep a journal for talking to God. It really helps me get clarity and brings depth to the reelationship. Isn't it amazing that God wants to have a relationship with us? You are his favorite daughter! We are each his favorite daughters!

Pam- i want to save that messafe you shared to use at a women's retreat. What a powerful message! Thank you for encouraging us with those words.

Peggy- maybe we don't need recipes for horrible tasting food, but recipes that are tasty and healthy. I know how to cook and eat in a healthy way, but I have been making unhealthy choices about what and how much to eat. I feel best when I eat clean. So, do I wati for the new year or do what I know is best for myself now? Head knowlege versus heart knowlege; it is like that with living biblically too. i know how God wants me to live but I don't consistently make the right choices so that my life glorifies God. My head knows what I should do, but my flesh wants to do something different. Thank you God that you understand my human frailities and you provided tools to use as we are in the journey of becoming transformed into the image of your Son. The wonderful fruit of self- control is what I need to meditate on. Oops, I guess I should get out my prayer journal and talk to God about this instead of posting my deep thoughts here.

Janet- Where are you? How are those grandchildren? Are visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads?

Tammy- I love the visual of you be- bopping to the praise music while drying your hair. What is your favorite praise song?

Darlene- How did your physical therapy session go? I am so sorry for what you are dealing with your back. Here is a nice and gentle hug {{{Darlene}}}. ornament swap- I picked May because it is the last month available that isn't soon! I will take April and hope for the best. I didn't post a reply in time to get one of the later months.

Marcia- Uh oh, frozen pipes! Do they ever burst when they thaw? Our first apartment as newlyweds had kitchen pipes that ran along an outside wall and froze every winter unless we left the water tap open.

Bunny- The blessing you received is an encouragement for all of us this Christmas season! Do you have snow in your neck of the woods? Someday I would love to visit the westcoast. I think that northern California must be one of the most beautiful places that God created.

Judy- cross country skiing is pretty easy when you do it my style. I stay away from all but the most gentle inclines and slight slopes. I put on the skis, glide one foot in front of the other and go. If I come to a tiny hill that looks too difficult I take off the skis and walk down it. Yup, skiing for whimps is my style. i dislike falling with my skis on. I have neve down hilled skied so I don't know those techniques for even the littlest knolls. My huhsband grew up skiing and patiently waits for me after he skiis down a hill as I walk down it. it is great exercise and uses all muscle groups. I also snowshoe. I don't have my own snowshoes and have used my son's for the past 2 winters, but he took his with him to his temporary job on a farm so I asked for a pair of my own for Christmas. Snow shoes and jewelry from a fair trade store- a great combination of gifts!

Okay, the coffee is brewed. Time to leave the fireplace and go out and shovel more snow then warm up with a cup of coffee. I am glad that I didn't have to shovel a path to our porch!

Thank you for praying for Natalie.

Peace,
Lida

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  02:50:50 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Lida

Good Morning Sisters,
Please pray for my 8 month old granddaughter Natalie. Since Monday she has been sick with a stomach virus. Yesterday she got worse and the pediatrician sent her to the hospital. She was admitted because she didn't respond well to the IVs for severe dehydration. She was a preemie and is small for her age so they ae being extra cautious. My daughter drove them to the hospital last evening in the midst of a terrible snow storm. It took her an hour to make the 15 minute trek because of the weather and road conditions. I am going to the hospital in a couple of hours.

Megan- so glad that everything went well for your firsr day back to school. I also keep a journal for talking to God. It really helps me get clarity and brings depth to the reelationship. Isn't it amazing that God wants to have a relationship with us? You are his favorite daughter! We are each his favorite daughters!

Pam- i want to save that messafe you shared to use at a women's retreat. What a powerful message! Thank you for encouraging us with those words.

Peggy- maybe we don't need recipes for horrible tasting food, but recipes that are tasty and healthy. I know how to cook and eat in a healthy way, but I have been making unhealthy choices about what and how much to eat. I feel best when I eat clean. So, do I wati for the new year or do what I know is best for myself now? Head knowlege versus heart knowlege; it is like that with living biblically too. i know how God wants me to live but I don't consistently make the right choices so that my life glorifies God. My head knows what I should do, but my flesh wants to do something different. Thank you God that you understand my human frailities and you provided tools to use as we are in the journey of becoming transformed into the image of your Son. The wonderful fruit of self- control is what I need to meditate on. Oops, I guess I should get out my prayer journal and talk to God about this instead of posting my deep thoughts here.

Janet- Where are you? How are those grandchildren? Are visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads?

Tammy- I love the visual of you be- bopping to the praise music while drying your hair. What is your favorite praise song?

Darlene- How did your physical therapy session go? I am so sorry for what you are dealing with your back. Here is a nice and gentle hug {{{Darlene}}}. ornament swap- I picked May because it is the last month available that isn't soon! I will take April and hope for the best. I didn't post a reply in time to get one of the later months.

Marcia- Uh oh, frozen pipes! Do they ever burst when they thaw? Our first apartment as newlyweds had kitchen pipes that ran along an outside wall and froze every winter unless we left the water tap open.

Bunny- The blessing you received is an encouragement for all of us this Christmas season! Do you have snow in your neck of the woods? Someday I would love to visit the westcoast. I think that northern California must be one of the most beautiful places that God created.

Judy- cross country skiing is pretty easy when you do it my style. I stay away from all but the most gentle inclines and slight slopes. I put on the skis, glide one foot in front of the other and go. If I come to a tiny hill that looks too difficult I take off the skis and walk down it. Yup, skiing for whimps is my style. i dislike falling with my skis on. I have neve down hilled skied so I don't know those techniques for even the littlest knolls. My huhsband grew up skiing and patiently waits for me after he skiis down a hill as I walk down it. it is great exercise and uses all muscle groups. I also snowshoe. I don't have my own snowshoes and have used my son's for the past 2 winters, but he took his with him to his temporary job on a farm so I asked for a pair of my own for Christmas. Snow shoes and jewelry from a fair trade store- a great combination of gifts!

Okay, the coffee is brewed. Time to leave the fireplace and go out and shovel more snow then warm up with a cup of coffee. I am glad that I didn't have to shovel a path to our porch!

Thank you for praying for Natalie.

Peace,
Lida

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  02:57:23 AM  Show Profile
I apologize for the typos and spelling errors. I am posting from my iPad and can't go back and check my typing and make corrections. After I posted I saw all of the mistakes and tried to edit it but that ended up making a second post.

Lida
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  08:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I thought this was perfect for today and for things going on in our lives
Dear Extraordinary Girl,
The path to the best places for us sometimes must take a trip through the muck to get to the other side of it....sometimes that truly is the only way. When we are in the middle of it, it feels senseless and like such a complete waste of time (let alone not very comfortable)
When we are in painful places in life, or even just annoyingly uncomfortable places...it's important to remember that we are headed somewhere else if we want to be. We do not have to stay stuck there. Sometimes it takes a while to work our way out of it, and sometimes we don't know how we got there in the first place...but mucky yucky places on the path of life are always temporary if we are willing to work our way out of them.
We are not meant to stay stuck. We are not meant to be stagnant. We are not meant to be in pain for any longer than it is necessary to teach us. We are meant to shine, to fly and to have joy. Even when we are in a place where it's nearly impossible to do this, there is always a way out of that mucky place. It is always temporary. Please believe this, beautiful friend.
If you are in a mucky spot, just keep going.....keep going til you get to the other side of it. It will be SO worth it.
Don't you dare give up now.

You are so loved.
xoxo

Lida-I am praying for your granddaughter. I am sending healthy vibes her way.

Darlene-you are in my thoughts and prayers too. I am hoping that Jackie is okay and that she will be cozy and comfortable by your side. I also hope you are healthy and in less pain.

Marcia-I hope your dishwasher is on the mend.

I am sorry if I missed anyone. I am trying to play catch up. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  08:52:16 AM  Show Profile
When it comes to Holidays and eating, I say "EAT." We watch our diets all year long, but from Thanksgiving thru New Year, we are sabotaged with Wonderful and Wide Varieties of food and there's no way we can avoid it. So I eat whatever I want. As for the rest of the year, I eat "everything in moderation." I always have. I love vegetables and eat whatever I can get my hands on. Of course it's harder to find good, fresh veggies this time of year, but I make do. I never pass up the carrot and celery sticks on the party platters either. Every little bit helps. Plus that parsley on the dinner plates when we go out...yup...I munch that too! You Bet!!!Happy Munching porchies!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 15 2010 08:58:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  08:56:35 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Pam, I loved it.
Praying for Natalie!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  09:33:49 AM  Show Profile
Pam I love your posts from your newsletter. I know all of us can relate! I think we all know someone we would like to show this to. There may be a few post thieves soon.

Lida, I hope your grand daughter is ok. I know how hard it is for parents to have a sick child in the hospital. My youngest had lots of health issues when he was young. I can remember many trips to the emergency room at 2am. Thankfully not in the snow. I would be so worried. Just goes to show the power of love and what you will do for your kids. I'll say a prayer she is doing better. California is a beautiful place but It is just one of the amazing places created for us. Where I'm going to in Oregon, at least close by reviles where I live now. The Columbia River Gorge is awesome!

Megan, I'm glad you are happy back in school. I'm not surprised your teachers are accommodating. I bet they all love you.

Darlene, I'm so sorry your baby is having a hard time. I know how helpless I have felt with sick pets.

Marcia, I hope your dishwasher fixes itself! I know what a pain that can be. Last year my continuous hot water heater on the outside of the house burst it's pipes. Not fun! Thankfully my oldest son was able to rig it to work again. The day he came up to fix it.. a tree knocked out our power line and then the pipes in the well house burst. He had a busy day fixing everything.
Somehow getting to frozen pipes for a dishwasher doesn't sound too easy.

Does anyone have addresses for all of the ornament swappers. I'm missing some. Could you email it to me so I don't forget anyone. I can't wait to get started! I just wish I was moved so I could get inspired.

Well, I better get going. My son is up and I have raspberry turnovers in the oven for him. Off to spend some quality time.

Everyone stay warm and healthy!!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  10:12:09 AM  Show Profile
Lida...my horrible tasting food was just a joke! Unfortunately good tasting food and healthy food...do not seem to be united in my mind as of late. I hate feeling that the only good food is if one eats like a Rabbit 24/7. I know I need a new mind-set and God will have to give it to me...because right now I am in FOOD Rebellion. Exercise too...I find it hard to exercise at the moment. I could say it is all weather related but I have a DVD sitting here called "Yoga in Bed" and I have had it for a week and a half and haven't even popped it in the DVD Drive yet. God and I have been cozying up lately dealing with some of my other issues but I am sure we will also get around to the food issue again. ~ I have already prayed for Natalie. Keep us posted on how she is doing. And give mom a hug from all of us moms, and grandma's...we can feel her fears and concerns for her little one.

Judy...I like your foodie advise for the Holidays! But really I must confess that I am a stress-eater and I crave carbs something fierce.

Bunny...have a good time with your son today!~ I think Darlene will probably post the whole list of Who has what month and the addresses of the 12 Swap Partners. As soon as she is done with running back and forth between the Vet and Her Physical Therapy. Poor Girl!

Well...it is mid morning but I am headed back to bed for a little more sleep. Had a really difficult last two nights. The Lord and I had Night School both nights and then I worked on crafts and wrapped another Christmas Package (I try to wrap as I purchase) keeps me from doing the insane long wrapping sessions.

Will check back her later.

blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

312 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
312 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  10:31:58 AM  Show Profile
Pam - Thank you so much for today's post. I have a friend going through a "mucky, yucky" place right now and I couldn't find the words to encourage her. But, I can always count on a Farmgirl! Y'all are awesome!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  12:14:52 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
Hope this finds you doing well. It is cold here and while my little butterflies were in music, I took my walkin shoes to the gym and my ipod and I had some serious praising the Lord and being fit. It felt so refreshing and now my exercise is done for the day and I am moving on as Beth Moore would say.

Megan so glad you are back in school and that my idea of writing to God blessed you. I have all my journals. I started when I was 13 when I was really sick and had to miss a lot of school. I found writing to God to be a way to connect and it has stuck ever since. My kids laugh at how excited I get over picking out a new journal. They have to be so so.

Judy you come on over to my neck of the woods for a teaparty. I have so many different ones and I absolutely adore teatime. I have been having tea since I was 8. I love loose tea and flavored black teas are my cup of tea.

Peggy hope you feel beter and got some rest.

Lida praying for your dear granddaughter. So glad they made it safe in the weather. God was leading them. Please let us know how she is.

To all the rest of you darling sisters, you are always in my heart.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  4:04:49 PM  Show Profile
ooooooooo....turnovers....yum....Bunny, I just love raspberries, any kind. That and Tammys tea....oh yaaaaaa....I'll just loosen another button and I'm ready. LOLOL

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  4:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
FIRST PORCH ORNAMENT SWAP is CLOSED!

Dec...Darlene
Jan...Peggy
Feb...Pam
March.Dianne
April.Sharon
May...Lida
June..Angela
July..Staci
Aug...Megan
Sept..Theresa
Oct...Bunny
Nov...Dana
Instead of me emailing all the addresses this is what to do. Everyone email your address to the person doing the ornament for that month. I have everyone's address so next month email Peggy your address and then Pam for Feb. and so on. Any questions just ask. Make sure to post here that you received your ornament so we know. I will remind monthly who is the ornament maker for the month.

Don't forget Cherime is our December Birthday Girl.

Any girls who want to be blessed by your porch sisters email me your BD.

Update on Jackie...Eyes are just watery now and no further drops except Tears are being used. Some of the Vet suggestions to control her glaucoma if drops don't work are NOT HAPPENING! 1 would be to inject her eyes but it would make her totally blind. The other is to remove her eyes! I have to cry at the thought. How awful is that. NEVER! I couldn't even write this until now and I can't stop crying. It was said so nonchalantly too! No wonder the lady was crying that came out before we went in. My poor sweet girl.

Update on PT...It was thrilling to be told "You're such a mess I don't know where to start." Isn't that just what you want to hear? LOL! He said my lower back was in critical to crisis codition. My mid back and neck weren't so great either. He also said I would be hurting alot more before I began to feel better. That means therapy will not be pleasant. The low back crisis could send me to the surgeon at anytime! God is in control!

Pam...Such wonderful postings. Thought provoking and comforting. We forget to love and value ourselves. Where is this newsletter from? Thanks for posting them.

Lida...Big Hugs and prayers for sweet Natalie and all of you. It's so scarey when thy're little.

Well wishes and Prayers to all my Porchies. My thoughts and prayers always include my Sisters on this comforting porch.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  5:19:31 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh Darlene! What a cold,heartless bunch you and Jackie had to visit. I'm so sorry for you both. Nobody should have to be told those unkind words...man nor beast. How "brisk and brushed-off" could they be?/! That's all I can say. I'm really angry! At first, as I read, all I could do is *gasp*...but...now...some folk should not be Doctors or DVM's! No feelings at all! UGHHHH! OK...I'm down off my soapbox!(but still mad)
BIG, BIG but Lite Hugs to you both!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  5:38:32 PM  Show Profile
To ALL MY WONDERFUL PORCH SISTERS...HAD TO PASS ON SOME CHRISTMAS JOY!

I remember my first Christmas adventure with Grandma:

I was just a kid. I remember tearing across town on my bike to visit her. On the way, my big sister dropped the bomb: "There is no Santa Claus," she jeered.
"Even dummies know that!"

My Grandma was not the gushy kind, never had been. I fled to her that day because I knew she would be straight with me. I knew Grandma always told the truth, and I knew that the truth always went down a whole lot easier when swallowed with one of her "world-famous" cinnamon buns. I knew they were world-famous, because Grandma said so. It had to be true.

Grandma was home, and the buns were still warm. Between bites, I told her everything. She was ready for me.
"No Santa Claus?" she snorted..."Ridiculous! Don't you believe it! That rumor has been going around for years, and it makes me mad, plain mad!! Now, put on your coat, and let's go."
"Go? Go where Grandma "I asked. I hadn't even finished my 2nd world famous cinnamon bun…

"Where" turned out to be Kerby's General Store, the one store in town that had a little bit of just about everything. As we walked through its doors, Grandma handed me ten dollars. That was a bundle in those days. "Take this money," she said, "and buy something for someone who needs it I'll wait for you in the car." Then she turned and walked out of Kerbys.

I was only eight years old. I'd often gone shopping with my mother, but never had I shopped for anything all by myself. The store seemed big and crowded, full of people scrambling to finish their Christmas shopping. For a few moments I just stood there, confused, clutching that ten-dollar bill, wondering what to buy, and who on earth to buy it for. I thought of everybody I knew: my family, my friends, my neighbors, the kids at school, the people who went to my church. I was just about thought out, when I suddenly thought of Bobby Decker. He was a kid with bad breath and messy hair, and he sat right behind me in Mrs. Pollock's second grade class.
Bobby Decker didn't have a coat. I knew that because he never went out at recess during the cold weather. His mother always wrote a note telling the teacher that he had a bad cough but all us kids knew Bobby Decker didn't have a cough, he didn't have a good coat.

I fingered the ten-dollar bill with growing excitement. I would buy Bobby Decker a coat! I settled on a red corduroy one that had a hood to it. It looked real warm, and he would like that.
"Is this a Christmas present for someone?" the lady behind the counter asked kindly, as I laid my ten dollars down. "Yes ma'am," I replied shyly. "It's for Bobby." The nice lady smiled at me, as I told her about how Bobby really needed a good winter coat. I didn't get any change, but she put the coat in a bag, smiled again, and wished me a Merry Christmas.
That evening, Grandma helped me wrap the coat (a little tag fell out of the coat, and Grandma tucked it in her Bible) in Christmas paper and ribbons and wrote, "To Bobby, From Santa Claus" on it…

Grandma said that Santa always insisted on secrecy. Then she drove me over to Bobby Decker's house, explaining as we went that I was now and forever officially, one of Santa's helpers.
Grandma parked down the street from Bobby's house, and she and I crept noiselessly and hid in the bushes by his front walk. Then Grandma gave me a nudge. "All right, Santa Claus," she whispered, "get going." I took a deep breath, dashed for his front door, threw the present down on his step, pounded his door and flew back to the safety of the bushes and Grandma. Together we waited breathlessly in the darkness for the front door to open. Finally it did, and there stood Bobby.

Fifty years haven't dimmed the thrill of those moments spent shivering, beside my Grandma, in Bobby Decker's bushes.

That night, I realized that those awful rumors about Santa Claus were just what Grandma said they were: ridiculous…
Santa was alive and well, and we were on his team.

I still have the Bible, with the coat tag tucked inside: $19.95.

~AUTHOR UNKNOWN~

Thought This Christmas Story Might Brighten Your Holidays!
Love and Joy to All My Porchies ~ Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 15 2010 11:45:26 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page