Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  4:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I hope this finds you doing well. Today was our school's Christmas program and cookie walk. Almost didn't happen since yesterday we were hit with a storm. It is way cold here. So I spent yesterday baking cookies and talking to God as I did it. It was peaceful in my heart for the first time in long time. Peggy I have been doing 5 minutes each morning until I can get back to my regular amount of time for being still with God. I also have my journal handy to write to him as well. It has helped. Today one of the preschoolers who can't speak much English just touched my heart. He saw the baby Jesus in the program and then hugged me and said Jesus. I was like God you are so wonderful. It was a God moment I needed to find some joy. There is a bit of spark. I made a list of things to do to finish getting ready for Christmas. A little every day so it is less overwhelming. I was Lord I am organized for 11 months of the year what happens when December gets here. He has been speaking to me on it. MY little butterflies did well in the program and my twins did thier last program as they are in eighth grade and will be moving on to high school next year. Made this mama a bit sad. They are growing up.

I so appreciate all yall's prayers more than you know. I feel you praying and I know God is using this season to show me something. It is difficult but I know that walking in the fire will be bring beauty later.

well I have written a book. Sorry I just needed to share I guess. so I left you some Christmas cookies and English Breakfast Tea. enjoy ladies.

love and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  5:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...Oh, I love when the Porch is busy!!! Just thrills my heart to have all these great
conversations going.

Pam...I only gave Bella one drop (not one dropper full) lol! Since she was so sensitive to it...I decided to
put it in her water (2 drops) and maybe that would keep her gently mellowed out. ME...I am ready to drink the whole bottle...the smokers and my dog have me so stressed out. It is funny because this morning it sounded like I was in a bar with a bunch of happy noisy drunks. I was trying to sleep but they were so loud. Finally after 3 times of them going out there (and they all go out in a group to have their smokes)...I opened my bedroom window and said, "Smoke your cigarettes and GO AWAY!" All of a sudden "Dead Silence!" And it has been quiet the rest of today...except for the banging of the door each time they go in and out and the clomping on the stairs that goes right above my bedroom. The first two weeks they really tried to be quiet because they had heard that I wasn't happy about their smoking shack. But the last two weeks it sounds like a bunch of old guys bellying up to the bar. (and it is not just guys out there...but you get the picture.) I get along with everyone here. So, I think they know if I speak up (or out)...I'm really not happy and they've really pushed my buttons. So, I may just have to occassionally let them know they are more than disturbing me. For those of you who don't know what Fibromyalgia is like on a day to day basis...it's like feeling like you are coming down with the flu...when all your muscles ache through-out your whole body. That is on a regular day and is 24/7. When you have Fibro- Flares your body requires a lot of sleep because it goes in to worse pain and it just zaps every once of energy out of you. When you are in that much pain...it is hard to remain nice. You get overly irritable, frustrated and agitated and overly depressed. If I wasn't a Christian...I could really go off on people at those times. I know because my little sister has the same thing and she would have opened that window and said a string full of words that would make even God Blush ...and I am sure he has heard them all. So, that is why I am so up-tight over this whole smoking shack outside my window. It stresses me when I am in pain, it stresses Bella, who barks more and gets destructive, and that stresses me more. It is like a vicious cycle. I wish I could sedate those smokers like Darlene said...and then everyone would be better off but I can only control Bella and me.
Megan...I just didn't know if you knew the difference in the two crosses that is why I shared. It doesn't matter to me either because he did suffer and die for all of us. And I have both kinds of crosses myself. I even wear a Star of David with a Cross in it. The Cross is a universal symbol for all believers! Such a Great Reminder!
Angela,Dianne and Bunny...yeah, thanks for signing up for the ornament swap!!! JUST A FEW MORE TO GO and we will have every month covered!
Karla...aren't you glad that you can come to the Virtual Porch where the weather is always PERFECT!?
Dianne...you are absolutely right about Bella. I know why she is acting out and under stress...so she is not getting punished at all for her bad behavior. I don't believe in swatting animals or anything like that...I do give her the hairy-eyeball when I'm upset with her but that is it. She is such a loving dog. But I need to deal with hers and my stress...because Fibro patients are suppose to avoid stress. I know that is almost impossible in day to day life...but I still try to resolve it in anyway plausible for my own mental and physical well-being.
Dana...we are so glad that you are here too sweetie!!!

Well My Porchies, think I am going to go dive into a book for awhile. My hubby went into work for a couple hours to play a little catch-up. Love You All...you help me to always find the humor in the crisis! And I sooooo love to laugh! It is one of my favorite hobbies! :+)

Christmas Joy,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 12 2010 5:33:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  5:08:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh My, I am so far behind. The last time I was able to log on was page 172. Oh My,

Peg, glad you liked the cookies. Everyone here loves them. And heaven knows I eat my share, you can tell by my hips hahahahaha.

If September is still available for the ornaments, I'd love to join. Let me know. I'm pretty sure I can get 12 done by Sept.

Have missed all of you. It's going to take a while to get caught up, but I think I can do it ;-)

Going to quit writing for and try to get some reading/catching up done!!! I will leave you tonight with a cup of tea, a few cookies and a prayer for each.

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  5:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Oh Peggy-I am so sorry you are having to go through this. That's a great idea to put it in her water. I use to do that for myself when I worked at the crisis line. It kept me mellow through the whole day (yep, it works for people too). Can they put a note up somewhere (if they haven't already) saying something about the noise level. What jerks! I hope you are doing better today. I'm thinking about you sweetie.

Today has been a little trying in the dog department for us too. Pete snipped at one of my friends. He has never done that. He barks but never bites. Then, he was chasing a squirrel in our backyard and fell into the pond. It was a good thing I was out there because otherwise I'm not sure he would make it. We have rocks around the pond so he couldn't get out. He was wet, cold and stinky. We gave him a bath. It's a good thing that dog is cute.

I'm almost finished baking. I made marshmallows today. They are so cool! I didn't make the gumdrops because of the Pete incident-maybe tomorrow.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  5:27:13 PM  Show Profile
OK...had to jump back on for a minute:

Tammy...So glad that you are feeling a little more "UP"! And your story about the child and Jesus was heart touching. I knew you would understand how God speaks to me through children because anyone who calls her class of kids her "Butterflies" has a deep and keen appreciation for how special they are.
And God speaks to the hearts of adults through them continually! You have to just be attuned to it. And I know you are!

Theresa...good to have you back on the Porch. Yes, those cookies were such a hit. I made some more for my
hubby to take in to work tomorrow. Thanks for signing up for the Swap also!

Pam... Oh, my...your poor baby could have drowned. I am so glad that you were out there to rescue him. They really are just like raising children! In fact I tell all newly married couples who think they want kids right away...to get a dog first. It will give them a good idea what having a baby will be like. Breaks them in a little more gently and gradually for children. lol ~ I have never made home-made marshmallows but I think they look beautiful and I hear they taste way better than what you would get in the store. Never made gumdrops either. Sounds good though! Do you do a lot of different flavors? Does Mark like to cook too? Or just eat the goodies?

OK...off to my book!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 12 2010 5:40:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  5:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Theresa...you're on for Sept. Yippee! Email me your address so I can send you your ornament.

Peggy...What is wrong with those nitwits...ohhhh I mean neighbors!!!!! I just can't beleive they can put it outside your bedroom. Contact the Board of Health or check out your city ordinances. Smoking/second hand smoke is a big taboo today! How do they expect you to have your windows open? Hang in there!

Pam...I need some stuff in my water too! LOL! Pete is a trip! He's lucky you were there!

April and May are left for the Ornament Swap. Hurry,Hurry!!!!!!!!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  6:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! Second last day of being home from school!
Darlene, my parents handled it really well. It was hard for my Mom though to not be Nurse Michelle and just be Mom! And, no siblings for me! I'm an only!
Karla, don't worry, it's cold and blustery here as well!
Tammy, I'm glad you're doing better with God. I think I should try that as well, as I have sort of fallen onto the beaten path. And don't worry about your twins, but just make sure to cherish every moment of 8th grade, because it goes so fast! Seems like just yesterday I was in grade school...
Peggy, that's so cool! I've never heard of someone wearing a Cross of David with the cross on it! And I'm glad your pup is doing a little better. I've had the flu before, and I can't imagine what those pains are like all the time. You'll be in my prayers!
Theresa, welcome back :)
Pam, that must've been so scary! Glad the little fella's okay:)
Well, it's definitely feeling like the Midwest here! My Mom is out running errands and she said she almost got blown over in the Target parking lot! It's been windy, snowy, and just cold for the past few days. I just let my dog out, (just to get up off the couch!), and the thermometer was dangerously close to zero. A little too cold for comfort, if you ask me. But perfect weather for getting caught up on homework! I finished a math assignment, my Spanish is almost done, and I'm halfway done with my English homework. That leaves Biology (but my bio teacher said not to worry about it until I came back), World History, and Theology. I'm a little nervous about going back to school, but I know I'll be okay! Well, stay safe and be happy!
God's and Holiday's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

smw5011
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Sharon
Millers Maryland
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  9:21:22 PM  Show Profile
Is there still room in the ornament swap? If so, I'd love to join in.

Sharon
Farmgirl #2377

The journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  9:54:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sharon! You'll have to wait for Darlene to see what month you have for the ornament swap, but welcome to the porch! Just to introduce myself, I'm Megan, I'm 14 almost 15, and I live in the Milwaukee area of Wisconsin! Welcome to MJF!
God's and Holiday's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  12:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sharon...Welcome to the porch. You are most welcome to join the ornament swap. There are 2 months left, April or May. Choose your month and then email me your address. When it is your turn you will make 12 ornaments all the same and send them out to the rest of us. Keep 1 yourself and by next christmas we will all have our own Porch ornaments. They can be anything you want to make. Don't have to be extravagant or costly.I am the Dec. person and I sent some ornaments out sat. and some more will go out tomorrow.

Girls post a COOKIE RECIPE this week. No calories though! LOL!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  12:34:16 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME SHARON...and we are so happy that you want to jump right in and participate! You are going to
love being on the Porch. This is a safe place to come and share your life. We are all from various backgrounds, beliefs, and locations...but on this Porch we are all heart-to-heart Sisters. We joke, we laugh, we cry, we encourage each other, we vent when we need to, we share great recipes, crafts and stories.
It is just a real down home and comfortable place to be. And there is always room on the Porch for more.
This Virtual Porch is the Perfect Temperature year round, and all our food is calorie free! :+) Well, if it does have calories...we don't count them on the Porch.

Never got to that book of mine earlier...saw something I needed to do and one thing lead to another and
before you know it here it is the next morning! Well, I truly am off to bed to read.

Hugs and Smiles Across The Miles,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  09:11:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi all just breezing through. Gearing up for the massive Christmas food blessing on the 18th. Not to mention the board meeting for our Non-profit on the 15th, and the toilet in the apartment has started to leak and its hovering at -10 here. In Fairbanks its worse, -50 predicted. OUCH! My water is still running praise God and THANKS ladies for the lovely cards. Please forgive me for not sending any out as no one is getting any from me this year as I barely have time to sleep. Hugs to all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  10:16:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls. It's in the teens and we have about 6 inches of snow today and are getting 5 or 6 more by tomorrow. Yeaaaah! I love snow...can't ya tell. LOL
Tammy, thank you so much for that uplifting story about the little boy. Isn't that wonderful? I'll bet your heart did flip-flops when he said "Jesus."
Peggy, I'm so sorry that you are struggling with this. I like Pam's idea about posting a note in the shack. There has to be some kind of ordinance about it being so close to a residence. Like Peggy said, second hand smoke is an issue everyplace I believe.
Welcome Sharon, so glad to see another sweet face on the porch. Plenty of room here. Did you bring chocolate? Newbies have to bring "Chocolate." LOLOL Just kidding.
Cherime...did you say -50/?? Acccckkkk!! WOW!! Can't even picture that.
Well, we have the electrician here again today, replacing old wiring in the attic now. I guess it's a fire-starter up there according to him. Between the plumbing and wiring he's been here so much since Sept that he opened the door today and hollered in, "I'm Hooome!" LOLOL too funny. He even eats with us when he's here allll day. LOL We know NO strangers in this house.
Have a good day girls! Stay warm!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  10:44:47 AM  Show Profile
EVERYBODY HAS TO BRING CHOCOLATE! BUT ESPECIALLY THE NEWBIES!!!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  11:52:47 AM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
chocolate cookies and pralines and cream tea. Come on I know you are waiting for chocolate. Had teacher inservice this morning and getting the afternoon at home. Enjoying a restful afternoon. I have chili going in the crockpot. IT smells delicious. Very cold here. We hit a high of 12 today. Yikes!

Welcome Sharon so glad to have you with us. The porch is home here. we love each other like family. So pull up a rocking chair and make yourself comfy.

Well ladies time for more tea and reading a bit before off to bible study tonight. Last one until after Christmas.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  1:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon lovely porch sisters, I've missed you and boy, the porch sure has been busy.

Tammy, I'm so glad you're able to have a restful day. And I love chili, think I'll help myself to a bowl. Thanks.

Welcome Sharon - truly is the more the merrier. Chocolate that is. The more we have the merrier we become. But sounds like those dog drops may work pretty well, too!

Cherime - bless you and all you do! You're awesome sister!

Judy - I love that about the electrician being "home'. lol

Darlene, any chance you can give your hubby a nice drink with some of those special drops? I'm assuming they're herbal, right?

Megan - praying that all went well with your staples.

Well there's no news yet for my DH and a new job but we're still trusting and seeking. I do so appreciate your continued prayers. I may get back here later - the next few days look pretty busy but I hope to at least pop out and check in with you all. love you guys!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  1:09:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello Sisters,
Today is a perfect day. You know, the kind of day when all is well?! Well, all isn't well, but it is still a perfect day. I had a planned vacation day today; intended to clean, bake and make a Christmas stocking for my granddaughter. Those were my intentions. Instead I spent the morning cuddling a sick 8 month old granddaughter while her mom and dad worked. How perfect that I was available when they needed me. She sat on my hip and watched while I made a batch of cookies, then started to fuss a bit. I lit the fireplace (gas), put on a jazz Christmas CD and gently danced her to sleep. Then I stood looking out my front window at the snow swirling around and holding her while she had a cuddly, much needed nap. Like I said- a perfect day. A baby to cuddle, the smell of cookies baking, the fireplace burning and Christmas music in the background.

I hope that I am not biting off more than I can chew, but sign me up for the ornament exchange. I would like May please. Simple is okay, right?

Peggy- What does the complex management say about the smoking shack concerns? can they move it to outside the office location?

Tammy- It is cold here too, 14 degrees and snowing. Chili sounds great. I have a pot of stroganoff simmering. Your little butterfly Christmas story is precious, like Chicken Soup for the Christmas Soul.

Megan- Yeah for back to school tomorrow! I am glad that you can get a wheel chair tonuse for school. I had knee surgery while in college and getting places safely and quickly was a definite problem.

Judy- Thank you for the Christmas card and tea bag. You are so sweet! I hope your electrician/ plumber doesn't bill you for the time he spends eating with your family! What wonderful hhospitality you are showing. I like snow too. I have not been able to get out cross country skiing yet, but I will soon.

Chermine- oh my, -50 degrees! I remember in my childhood that sometimes it would get to -40 in northern New York. I hated going out to do barn chores when it was that
cold. My dad kept warm when outside doing chores by scooping up a cat and putting it around his neck and another one zipped into his coveralls. He loved cats.

Waving hello to Teresa! Nice to see you here.

Pam - Can you share your marshmallow recipe?

Another Guatemala story- I met this wonderful family. The young father is Nelvin, his young wife is Gabby and their 1 1/2 year old daughter is Bitttany. Motorcycles are a popular form of transportation there. Helmets are not popular. In September, 20 year old Nelvin was in a motorcycle accident and suffered a brain injury. His 18 year old wife takes care of him and the baby. They have no income and there are no government or insurance programs for support in Guatemala. Their families help out with what they can, but impoverished people don't have much to share. Nelvin requires a lot of care but will hopefully continue to recover from the accident. He can walk a bit but tires very quickly and has some balance issues, as well as some
challenges from the brain injury. An exciting part of the camp week was a talent show. Nelvin and Gabby took the stage, he stood up and did a mirimba dance with his wife!
We could tell that before the accident they enjoyed dancing together and she is a
great dancer! She is only 18 and caring for a baby and a disabled husband and very
much in love wirh him. Please keep them in your prayers; life is is very difficult for
them.

I am very glad that this porch is heated!

Carpe diem,

Lida
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  1:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi my lovely porchies. Sounds like winter is winding up. Here in California it is pretty darn warm compared to the rest of you. I just hope it holds until I move. I received the most wonderful thing in the mail. The people who are trying to buy my house sent me a check for $250.00. They said they always make donations this time of year to give back. They decided to send the money to me to help me through the Christmas season. I was pretty close to tears. It does renew my faith in humanity. Something that Chase bank has made such an effort to destroy. I have been feeling pretty good. I have been getting up and turning on my happy music and doing some dance exercise. It has helped keep me moving through the day. I still end up with a nap. Yesterday I had 3 of my kitties decide I was a good bed for their nap. I guess there was plenty of me to go around. But I was afraid to move. I loved the fact that they wanted to be close to me.

Megan, I'm glad you get to go back to school. I bet you were getting cabin fever stuck at home.

I'm so glad the cookies are virtual... I'm trying to lose weight here you know!

Peggy, I would think there is something you could do about the smoking shack. It wasn't there when you moved in and it is effecting your health. They really should have moved you at no extra cost just to prevent ...humm maybe a law suit in the future. I know you probably wouldn't do that.. but it just seems so out of line not to offer you a relocation at their expense.
With your health and the dog freaking out I would wonder if there wasn't a consumer health group out there that could intervene for you.

Anyway, stay warm and healthy everyone.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  1:44:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh, and thank you Pam and Judy for the Christmas cards. I guess I might send some out after all.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  1:46:43 PM  Show Profile
School was cancelled for my kiddies today bcause of the snow so we have been having fun. They have been playing outside and drinking hot chocolate and playin games all day. Now i am trying to fix my dishwasher. I guess it is clogged and making me mad cause i hate to wash dishes. But now i am gonna have to till it is fixed.

I am loving my country life all the time!!!!
Go to Top of Page

smw5011
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Sharon
Millers Maryland
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  5:20:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to knowing you all better.

So, this week we are supposed to post cookie recipes. Here is an easy one. My girls make them all the time; if fact, we just had them today.

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

1 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1 egg

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Don't let the fact that they are gluten free scare you away. They taste like the real deal.

Blessings,
Sharon
Farmgirl #2377

The journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  5:25:30 PM  Show Profile
Lida, Now you have tea to go with your cookies! :) Ooooo...I've always wanted to learn cross-country skiing.I'm envious. Tell me more about it. I know it's a real work-out, but tell me about how it feels to be out there in nature while ~swooshing~ along. I love that your dad loved cats and how they kept him warm. So cute. Sometimes I drape Rascal around my neck or just throw him over my shoulder and go out to get the mail with him draped there just like he was part of my outfit. He just watches the birds and cars. LOL
Well...being hospitable paid off. The electrician only charged us $100.00 to rewire the attic. He had already done the basement last week($650.00), so the heaviest wiring was already done. But Wow!...that's cheap, sitting in a cold attic on a blowing, snowing day couldn't have been fun. Plus we gave him a qt jar of DH'shomemade pepper-butter, a flashlight and a coffee mug. I guess being kind paid off. :)
Bunny, how sweet of those people to give you that check...and right when you needed it most too. See, God lifted you up and cheered you right when you needed it. Praise His Name! And then your kitties cuddled with you to cap it all off...sort of like they were saying,"Here we are Mom, to give you some Fuzz-Therapy",as DH and I call it. *big grin* Good kitties! *patpatpat*
When Rascal cuddles with me on the couch, when I relax and read or watch a movie, I'm afraid to move too, but I sure do appreciate the "kitty-cuddles."
Marcia, maybe that dishwasher just needs a gallon of good ole vinegar run thru it...after a good soaking in it first....ya think?
Bundle up in your "Long-Suzies" girls and keep warm. My niece, when she was small, called long underwear for girls long-Suzies, because Long-Johns was for boys...don't ya know? LOL She also said that she didn't like pinchy fabrics because they(diggled)! hahaha Gotta love kids!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 13 2010 5:29:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  5:25:56 PM  Show Profile
Sharon those really turn out like cookies. i have never heard of making a cookie with out flour. I will have to try those they sound so easy i bet my kids would love them and love making them cause they are so easy!!

Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  5:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey yeah i never even thought of putting vinegar in there. I bet that will work. Thanks judy. Do i actuallyneed to put a whole gallon of it in there though?

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  5:36:39 PM  Show Profile
Marcia...I don't know how much it would take. I've never had a dishwasher before. But with all that water to dilute it, I'm just guessing. Vinegar is harmless, so I wouldn't think it would hurt. Plus...how clogged up is it? Try what ever amount you have on hand.
Sharon, those cookies do sound amazing. I may have to give them a shot too! Thanks!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page