Page: of 83

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  7:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Thanks for the warm welcomes gals! To get more details about my current issues, please read the thread about my explosive teen in the parenting forum. In a nutshell he is 15 hates life and mostly me. ::sigh:: I am needing some witchy friends to help me regroup and count my blessings.

Looking forward to chatting.

http://progressivehomemaker.wordpress.com/ Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

So progressive, I'm old-fashioned!

Life's short. Make today count.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  07:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i am sorry you are having issues with you son. i am afraid i can't hlpe much in that area. all my kids have four feet. no two legged ones. i am sure others will be able to help. hang in there.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2013 :  12:35:53 PM  Show Profile
Last post was 2/14...so sending all a Blessed Be and Merry Meet! May all be in a place of joy...spring is awakening : )

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Cherokee Proverb

Farmgirl Sister #4694
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2013 :  1:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Blessed Be. Spring is indeed awakening. the Cranes are back. saw two in a field, and heard them down on the lake. And the robins are beginning to appear. now if the weather will warm up enough to melt the snow, we will indeed be on the way to spring!!

Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2013 :  4:05:30 PM  Show Profile
That's awesome! We just saw our first robins here and the geese are coming back and honking like crazy.

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

Hazel
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jen
Bridgeport Pa
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  04:25:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone... It's been a while since I posted, but I just wanted to say howdy to all our new friends!
Spring is coming, I can smell it! And thank goodness bc although I am not one of those poor souls who gets seriously depressed through the winter months, I have just about had it with the cold, rain and expensive heating bills! I'm itching to get outside and clean up the mess and get my little garden back to its beautiful self! Still trying to plan out what I'm gonna grow this year.. Learning what works and what doesn't work ect.... Hoping I can actually get lavender this year that actually blooms! Haha!
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  10:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
this morning we woke up to snow, it's still falling. i am with you Hazel, enough already, please. the heatin bills alone are freightening. and since i already have to deal with Depression, the gray and gloom don't help!!

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  10:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone! I know what you all mean about the gloom and doom brought on by the winter. It's awful! Every year I try to avoid it, but it gets me down anyway. I feel blah and can't seem to muster up the energy to do anything. It's horrible. I can tell by the change in my mood that winter is starting to back off. Yay! I got my hands in some dirt this morning. I'm hoping for some lavender to this year, Jen. Just planted my seeds this morning. We'll see how it comes out. *crossing fingers* I also started catnip and rosemary.

Melanie

Blogs~
http://simplylanie.blogspot.com/
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  10:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
good luck Melanie on the lavender. mine survived the previous winter, am hoping it did this one also. i really need to get some catnip going. my kitties just lvoe the stuff.
the Sun is out today but it was 9 this morning.

Go to Top of Page

Hazel
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jen
Bridgeport Pa
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  11:28:21 AM  Show Profile
Feeling sad today. Lately I've seen 4 different stray cats around my house, walking the streets. An all black, an orange, a black and white and a beautiful gray. I had heard that they belonged to a family that got evicted from the house they were renting when it was foreclosed on. The cats always seemed ok, but yesterday, the gray and my favorite, walked by. He has a short face (even for a cat) and a wide head, very unique looking.. But yesterday, although his face was the same, his body was NOT! He looked thin, his fur a mess and even had patches missing! I ran inside, got some food but by the time I came out he was long gone. Today I saw the black one and since I left the food out on the porch I shook the bowl. I got his attention, but he wouldn't come until I put it down off the porch and stepped way back. He killed the food in a hurry, started to leave and then turned to me and moewed before trotting off! I refilled the bowl and leeft it there, against the porch so it would be out of the rain and snow we are expecting....
I hope and pray my beautiful gray comes by and sees the food and fills his belly... I'm so sad..... Im sure I'm gonna get looks and an attitude from my neighbors bc my house sits right on the sidewalk (no lawn) so the bowl is out there in everyone's space, but I don't care. Just hope I don't attract any other little critters! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  11:32:53 AM  Show Profile
Jen, if I were you, I would call your local shelter and ask if they have a re-homing program for animals abandoned as the result of evictions. Even if not, they might be able to advise you about the most humane course of action.
Go to Top of Page

Hazel
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jen
Bridgeport Pa
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  2:52:48 PM  Show Profile
These cats have been around for a few years now and it's a rumor that the family left them, so not positive they are all abandoned.. Might just be outside cats... But I do know that NONE come when I call to them.. Only the black one today and only when I stepped away. I don't know how I could possibly catch any of them to take them to a shelter. We have a couple places around here, including the kitty cottage which only takes cats. Ill have to call around and see what they suggest. I really hope I see the gray one again so I can get him to at least come close enough to eat. Then I can get a better look at his condition. Thanks for the idea rosemary!
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  10:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i live up the street from a lady who runs a "catch, fix & release" for barn and feral cats. she is also helping people who have challenges like you. fortunately, i don't have to worry about attitude from the neighbors. they are all doing the same think since Lena spends a lot of time on education. i have donated food, bedding, etc. to the organization and have gotten stuf from their yard sales.
we have several kitties who adopted us, and i was not going to let them starve. Dh leaves the gargage/storeage room door cracked so they have a place to get in out of the cold.

Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  3:56:51 PM  Show Profile
Yes, this winter is far too long...but, I'm gonna say it anyway, Happy First Day of Spring Vernal Equinox 2013.

Farmgirl Sister #4694
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  10:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
so far the day is sunny, but it is still cold. the sunrise was beautiful. just beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

Hazel
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jen
Bridgeport Pa
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  11:02:48 AM  Show Profile
It's cloudy, windy and cold her today.. We had snow showers early this morning, didn't stick but sucked driving in! Lol summer! Where r u! Lol
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  5:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
yesterday was beautiful, sunny, clear, still cold but at least it was sunny. today it is snowing.
again.
the robins are back by the dozens, i think they may hae arrrived early.

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  5:41:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Snowing steadily here in WNC. We are under a winter storm warning. Did someone not get the memo that it is spring? My daffodils got the memo...as did my fruit blossoms. Oh well, such is global warming...

http://progressivehomemaker.wordpress.com/ Homemaking is not just for conservatives anymore!

So progressive, I'm old-fashioned!

Life's short. Make today count.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  10:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
it got warm enough over the weeekend to melt the ice off the drive way. hurray. then we had snow flurries last night. at least it didn't stick. today the sun is out, but it is only 32. but at least we aren't getting the bitter cold like we were.

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  7:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Greetings all,
has been a while since i posted but i wanted to share: SPRING has ARRIVED !! Hooray
the sun has been shining for the last three days. in a row!! and the temps have been low 60s. DH and I spent a lot of the weekend outside, for the first time in ages.
i have two daffodil blooms. the tulips are up about 4 inches, the cardinals are singing. i am so very, very glad. it was a long winter.
Blessed be

Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2013 :  12:38:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello Charlotte, Have also been enjoying the long awaited Spring. On Ostara, planted a River Birch and now the little leaves are budding. The birdsong is so beautiful! May your days continue to be joyful.

Farmgirl Sister #4694
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  6:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Merry Meet! Well, it's been forever since I have peeked in here and chatted! Life! I have midwifed my mother through her end of life and on to the next and finished 17 years of homeschooling. Time to reflect, let go and create new intent. Perfect Spring work : )
Does anyone here weave? I find handwork of any kind brilliant and am never without knitting.
I am working with weaving as a meditative/prayer process. Weaving for the sake of being in the moment and bringing intent or focus to the piece I'm doing. Things like prayer flags that I hang outside or mandala's woven on hula hoops or wreath forms.
Anyone else use handwork in their spiritual work? Since I believe every breath is a prayer, I believe anything created from our hands is powerful and so I find such peace in creating.

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.danaschultz.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  6:49:28 PM  Show Profile

This is my shield of Athena.

[/quote]

Go to Top of Page

SheenaJean
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Sheena
MT
USA
27 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  05:49:56 AM  Show Profile
Dana, that is beautiful! I am not familiar with the shield of Athena (although I know plenty about Athena in general), so I hope this won't be offensive, but before I read that it was the shield of Athena, I thought it reminded me of the Tree of Life (I'm an Irish girl, so those things come to mind often). Your work is quite beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  10:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i need to learn to weave, i really do. i have done card weaving and love it.

your shield is beautiful, i love the colors. i am currently learning to tat, and you are so right Dana, there is so much peace in crafting, creating and being in the moment. i need to work on accomplishing this so much more than i do right now.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page