MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 09 2013 :  1:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sheena and Charlotte. The shield of Athena is a meditation based on Athena that Leonie Dawson leads. It is a representation of the amazing attributes of Athena placed into a shield to remind us of the power within us. And being a Celtic gal, the tree of life pops up everywhere for me! I love weaving trees within willow branch circles! And Charlotte I find I can do most any form of handwork, with the exception of tatting! I can needle tat with no problem, but put a shuttle in my hand and I'm all knots! Bobbin lace is next on my wish list of learning!

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.danaschultz.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - May 12 2013 :  6:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Dana i needle tat, my hands won't make a bobbin do what it is supposed to do. and since the results are the same, i stopped trying. DH did find me some wonderful old bobbins in a rummage shop. so i really wanted to learn but not to be. so i needle tat. ar at least i am trying. i have prblems getting past the first 5-6 inches.
where is LIlburn?

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 12 2013 :  6:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Charlotte, I find that patience is my worst enemy in life! LOL! I know what you mean about getting past the first 5 inches or so. It's the same with knitting lace - I'm all excited to start and it goes quickly at first, and then it is a CHORE to work through the middle section ; ) Oh, and Lilburn is 30 min. outside of Atlanta in the eastern burbs. It's been an actually nice spring this year with cool weather and rain. Usually we are already cranking up the air conditioner and closing up the house. I have hope for a milder summer.

www.danaschultz.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  07:31:07 AM  Show Profile
Merry Meet Miss Dana! Your work is beautiful and very inspiring. May the sisters of fate be a continued resource of divine blessings.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Cherokee Proverb

Farmgirl Sister #4694
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  09:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
it seems that after the first few inches, i make a boo-boo that just can't be fixed. and then i have to begin again. it is a little bit frustrating. that or i get offers of "help" from the cat sitting on my lap. i keep plugging away at it. i love the felling of creating too much to give up. now if i can just get back into sewing as well.......

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  08:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Greetings all,
is anyone planning anythign special for Mid-summer? as was pointed out to me, it falls on the weekend this year. so i was hoping to do something more special than usual. just not sure what yet.

Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  09:12:55 AM  Show Profile
Shellee you are so sweet! Charlotte it is crazy how fast the year turns!!!! I plan on building a garden loom and then weave on Solstice. Lemonade, an ice cream cake and weaving.... Yep, that's my plan!

Handwork - www.danaschultz.wordpress.com
Spiritual Weaving - www.interweavinglife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  11:14:52 AM  Show Profile
Hello Witchy sisters!! Long time no see!!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://omgsitstasharose.wordpress.com

[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  12:51:27 PM  Show Profile
Lovely to see you Tasha-Rose! Reconnecting seems to be in the air ; ) Must be that lovely energy bubbling up this spring!

Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  1:02:49 PM  Show Profile
BTW, If any of you have not checked out PaganPages.org I highly recommend it! I have been a contributing writer for almost three years and the vibe is lovely. Susan Weed contributes as well. My heading is Interweavings. This year I am writing about compiling a Book of Seasons. A companion style book to a Book of Shadows. I have had a Book of Seasons since my children were little. It was the place I collected ideas, recipes and notes on celebrating each month in general and special quarter and solstice gatherings. Last year I wrote on 12 Values and how they relate to my path of spirituality and prompts for reflecting. I'm procrastinating writing next month's piece as we speak! Ah, the internet. So much time, so little work ; )

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  4:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Greetings
DH and I have to face the fact that we are not going to be able to keep our place much longer. it has simply become too much. and i am so tired of fighting. after his stroke, he is not able to do some of the work this place needs, and we don't have the $$$.
in a way, it is a relief to face this head on and not keep pussy footing around it. trying everything and staying broke all the time. i have an appointment with a lawyer Thursday to see what our options are.
i believe strongly that if this is NOT the right place for us, and it doesn't seem to be, the right one is waiting for us. we jsut have to find it.

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  08:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Miss Dana~ Gorgeous weaving! I haven't done much in the way of handwork lately. Since the weather is warmer I've been too busy playing outside. I'll have to check out PaganPages.org. It sounds interesting. Just hard to stay planted in front of this computer when the weather is gorgeous. Maybe I'll save it for a rainy day. lol

Charlotte~ Hope things work out for you and your husband.

Does anyone know if we re-started the Round Robin?

It has been a minute since I checked in last. Spring semester is finished. And the rest of schooling is on hold. I must be having some kind of mid-life crisis at 34. I don't seem to know what I want to be when I grow up. I placed an ad in the local paper and picked more house cleaning jobs. I'm now working with a full schedule, 13 houses and a church. Busy, busy!
I'm back to working on our house. I've let our remodeling projects go and go and go. The kids and I built a fire pit last week. Hoping the wind and rain will not interfere this evening so we can enjoy it. And I have a guy coming out this weekend to give me an estimate on installing a window in what will be my youngest daughter's new bedroom. Then I can start in on the rest of the bedroom. This should be and interesting and great learning experience. heeheehee

Blogs~
http://simplylanie.blogspot.com/
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  08:36:12 AM  Show Profile
Melanie and other witchy farmgirls, I don't think anyone has restarted the round robin letter. (I have this "trick arm" that seems to fling itself up and into the air) I will volunteer to start it off if there are no objections.

We could have until 6PM, CST, June 15 (Saturday) to join us. Please e-mail me with your name, mailing address and farmgirl name. I would e-mail the list to each before mailing the first letter on June 17th. You would include my letter with yours and mail to the next witchy farmgirl. The list of addresses will be included in the letter. We can decide if we want another go around when the last person on the list returns the letters to me. (I just think the only way this will get going if someone starts).

I hope we have lots of farmgirls willing to join in! Please let me know this week if you have suggestions to make this run more smoothly. I will plan to begin my letter to you today.

I am excited! How about you!?!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 06 2013 08:37:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  08:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Almost forgot: We have seven days to write our own letter and mail it on. Post on the thread when you receive your packet of letters. I think if we allow more time, something will get lost or forgotten. If you change your mind about participating, just leave a little note in the packet and mail it to the next on the list.

Have I missed anything?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  2:07:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey there ladies! Been a while since I checked in too. Hope everyone is hale and hearty.

Miss Dana ~ welcome! You do some lovely work and thank you for sharing!

Charlotte ~ I'll keep you and Hubs in my thoughts. I know it's hard to make such a radical change but it's like pruning a shrub to allow it room to grow stronger. You'll find something that's perfect.

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  2:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Count me in...I would love to have some magical convo's...

Hugs
Jenn

www.earthwayssacredwisdom.com

http://earthwayssacredwisdom.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl Sister # 285
Sister on the Fly #1002
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  4:53:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Jenn..
If you are responding to the round robin..just e-mail me your snail mail address, please. And, welcome!

So, far there are four of us! The more the merrier~

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  6:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Greetings all
i am looking forward to hearing more from everyone. i hope more opt to participate. do we just keep going after it gets back to the beginning or start over with a new packet?

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  7:06:35 PM  Show Profile
Well, the packet might get thick for mailing. We could just start again, or allow a couple of weeks for more people to join. I'd be willing to make a copy of the entire packet for each rr member and mail them out. (I think everyone would like to read all the letters) and then start a new one. Opinions?

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  7:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i think it's a great idea and i am looking forward to learning more about everyone.

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  10:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I sent ya my info Judith.

Thank you!
Melanie

Blogs~
http://simplylanie.blogspot.com/
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  11:21:52 AM  Show Profile
I sent my info as well!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  2:15:14 PM  Show Profile
I believe we are up to six now for the round robin letter! Woo Hoo! Plenty of room for more witchy farmgirls!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  2:28:36 PM  Show Profile
I'm in!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  3:36:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh, happy dance! We are up to 8 farmgirls for the rr!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page