Page: of 83

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  09:32:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm up for the round robin. Judith, I think your idea of a time limit is a good one, even if we are only able to put in a short note. hope everyone is doing well. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  1:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
this sounds like fun. i'll give it a try.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2013 :  2:07:43 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely, let's set a time limit. My first thought was a week, but that might be a little optimistic. How about one lunation? That would be witchy ;)
Go to Top of Page

AHillWife
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

El
Marshfield Missouri
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  7:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Glad to find such a fantastic group!

"Within every Woman there is a wild and natural creature, a powerful force, filled with good instincts, passionate creativity, and ageless knowing. Her name is Wild Woman but she is... an endangered species." - Women who run with the wolves
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  06:11:16 AM  Show Profile
I had originally set a time of 2 weeks . Does evryone feel that is enough time. Anyone else who would like to join please email me your snail mail address!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  3:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi AHILLWIFE , welcome! looking forward to getting to know you. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  3:36:47 PM  Show Profile
I think that 2 weeks is a good time frame.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  4:28:11 PM  Show Profile
Two weeks is reasonable. If other witchy farmgirls are like me, though, they might set their letter aside to deal later, think they have plenty of time, only to lose it under a pile of other "deal with later" things :\
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  6:08:32 PM  Show Profile
I like the idea of two weeks. I can get so forgetful. I think I can stay on top for 2 weeks.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Cate1313
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Cate
Manlius NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  7:03:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi there AHillWife. Welcome!

~Cate
Farmgirl Sister #3450

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night - Sarah Williams
Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  1:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Greetings AHillWife.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Cherokee Proverb

Farmgirl Sister #4694
Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  06:46:15 AM  Show Profile
Do you guys celebrate Imbolc? It has always been the one holiday I just have a hard time wrapping my head around. I would love to hear what you guys do :)

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  10:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
I like the candles and the fire and all the goodies that go with it. Also the cleaning and clearing.
so in that sense, perhaps i can yes.
why do you have a hard time with it? in my reading i get the impression that is one holiday that a lot of people seem to "skip." since i am finally getting back to my studies, i have been reading all i can on different topics trying to tie them to the time of year.

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  12:03:52 PM  Show Profile
Of all the cross-quarter days of the witchy calendar, Imbolg is indeed the one that often gets slighted in modern practice, along with Lammas. Maybe that's because it is so tightly tied to farm life, with less of a dramatic analogy to work with than the other holidays, or maybe it's just too darn cold!

I like to think of Imbolg as a time to "mother" myself. All winter is for introspection and survival, after all. So why not mark this day in the spirit of the original Imbolg by doing things that nurture our bodies and deepen our creative spirits? Both reflect the healing and artistic aspects of Brighid, the Celtic goddess associated with Imbolg. Make yourself a nice big "cauldron" of root vegetable soup and enjoy it throughout the day with snacks of bread and goat cheese. Get (or give yourself) a pedicure. Meditate. Take a fabulous milk bath with homemade soap. Make something with lamb's wool. Contribute money or useful goods to your local animal shelter -- nothing makes you feel better than helping the Goddess's neediest creatures.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  5:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
THese all sound wonderful. the soup especially. and goat cheese. i am going to have to do this.

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  3:55:59 PM  Show Profile
I mailed out the calendar this morning.

Hello,

I received a Llewellyn's Witches Calendar as a gift but we already had purchased one so if someone wants it send me an email with a mailing address and I will send it on to the first contact.

I beautiful Wolf Moon tonight.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Feb 06 2013 6:50:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  4:18:25 PM  Show Profile
I think I agree that it is because it is so tightly tied to farm life and until the past few years we were so removed from all of that. We never got too much into the candles and stuff because our kids were small and even put up nothing was 'safe' at our house it seemed. Now they are respectful and cautious of things like candles and flames so we have talked about trying to find how this holiday fits into our Pagan life.

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  09:26:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i have had to be more careful with candles now. with puppy chasing kitties, candles present a hazard. i have been putting them in odd places, on top of the frig, holders hanging from the seiling beams, covered holders.
i am tryin to get back to celebrating the holidays. it seems to help me ground better if i am more aware of what is going on.
that and it marks half to Spring.

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  06:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone!! Hello AHillWife! Welcome!

I finished up the Tarot class I've been taking. What an amazing experience! I did a small reading for my oldest dd last night. I'm still a slow processor LOL, but it's coming together. I also went to my first Reiki session. Ummmm that was very different. Next time I will make sure I'm going straight home and not leaving heehee.

I'm starting to recognize and take note of the Pagan holidays. I've read about many of them, but up until recently it seems the information has just flew over my head. However, last night I found a post on facebook that broke Imbolg down for me in a more simple way.

Spring cleaning is a big thing for me, always has been at this time of year. I would love to be focusing on my house, but being a housekeeper I have been spring cleaning for all of my clients. I'm wiped out at the end of the day and my hand is pretty tender too. This past Saturday I cut the inside of my finger on a glass I didn't realize was chipped while washing dishes. I got three stitches out of that one. A little ouchie lol. The stitches come out on Saturday. YAY! They are driving me nuts lol. But the spring cleaning for clients gives me a great opportunity for a deeper meditation. I've never been able to meditate sitting still. I'm just not one that can still for very long. The Reiki session brought up a lot of old wounds and the meditation is helping me to address and release the old haunts. So I guess you could say I'm doing more of an internal spring cleaning this year.

Another way we are going to celebrate this year, we are going to cleanse and clear the house. Our unseen house guest has been especially active and not at all helpful. I won't say threatening, but definitely a nuisance. After talking with a couple of individuals, we've all come to the conclusion that it is time to send him onto where he needs to be. When he moves on, I'm sure my Mamaw's spirit will move on too. We're not crazy about letting go of Mamaw again, but she has other places to be and things to do. I think we're planning this for Saturday and then I'll make us a nice dinner and dessert. Not really sure what I'm going to make yet. I'm leaning towards ice cream for dessert though. Sounds yummy.

Blogs~
http://simplylanie.blogspot.com/
http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ProgressiveHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Rachell
Mars Hill NC
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  9:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ProgressiveHomemaker an AOL message
Hey farm sisters,

Having a rough time these days and could use some friends.

Rachell in WNC

Life's short. Make today count.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  09:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
greetings Rachell
there are many, many wonderful here and on the other forums that are more than willing to listen, share and just be there for you. and i have found that most of them don't pull punches. they will say what you want to hear and what you need to hear.
Welcome and Blessed Be

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  11:36:49 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Rachell. Feel free to be open here. When you need to talk to someone, we're here for you - a shoulder to lean on and someone who will listen. We're here for each other.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  3:30:54 PM  Show Profile
Merry meet, Rachell. Dump your burdens here. I hope you'll find this forum (and witchy farmgirls in particular) to be a source of compassion and good ideas. So...what's up?
Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  09:44:52 AM  Show Profile
Greetings Rachell, Welcome to the witchy farmgirls forum. Many blessings sent to you.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Cherokee Proverb

Farmgirl Sister #4694
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  10:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Greetings all
it is a gloomy day again. but we are double digits above zero, so not all bad. i am countign the days until spring. i want to get outside and play in the dirt. i have been reading Ellen Dugan and Kate West and planning where i am going to add plantings and the dog run, and how to pretty up the front entrance. DH is so supportive, he offered to do the heavy lifting and diggin for me. Bless the man. now i just have to convince him that the row of rocks we inherited when we bought the place HAS to be moved, they are not in the right place. at all. he is not yet convinced it needs to be done.
on a good note, we have been going up to the Aquatic Center three times a week and that has helped begin to break te winter blues. just something about being in the water....

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page