Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  4:19:08 PM  Show Profile
Angie Gordon (Farm Girl Quilting, #6966) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“It is official - all my legal info is in place, business cards were ordered, and I have been shouting it from the roof tops. It is even Facebook official with my own Farm Girl Quilting Facebook page. Please - go like my page. I did not order my self flowers, however one of my best friends and her husband did buy me a sign for my quilting studio that I think sums it up: BE AWESOME

It has been really good so far- lots of contacts interested in my services. I am currently in the process of a memory quilt for a customer. I am making it from her daughter's baby clothes. Stay tuned for pictures.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  4:23:44 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Weaving Merit Badge!

“I learned about different types of looms (inkle, backstrap, table, floor, Japanese, and many more) and how to make patterns on looms. (A heddle makes a world of difference.)

I took a class on basic card weaving, then taught myself some more complicated moves. I made a belt with a challenging pattern and fiber I like.

I taught my daughter and a friend what I learned both in card weaving, and in general.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  4:28:11 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Birds Merit Badge!

“I built and installed a birdhouse. I blew a glass hummingbird feeder. I installed a birdbath in the front garden.

I have watched and identified the kind of birds they have attracted, and recorded them in my journal.

I have seen the battle of the hummingbirds as they duel for domination of the feeder (the males anyway). I watched a robin take an extensive bath in the bird bath (it was comical). I also had the pleasure of observing a robin try to take over the birdhouse that a junko had already claimed as his own. Since the robin could not get in the hole, it wasn't much of a contest, but it wasn't for lack of trying.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  3:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Rachel Enlow (rachelbee, #6992) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“My mother and I have had a weekly hangout night almost every week for the last 7 years. Last week we had the opportunity to raise the bar of girl time bonding and took a vacation with my mom, aunt, cousin, and grandma- five women from three generations! We reminisced about shared memories and the older ladies told stories about their childhoods and family memories that predate my cousin and I.

One of the highlights of our vacation was that every night after dinner we'd hop into our pajamas and play either rummy tiles or Mexican train. These are long time family favorites that my grandparents taught us years ago, and we had so much fun playing together that those games will be on my Christmas list, to be continued with my more local family!

From left to right in the picture-my mom, myself, grandma, cousin, and aunt. Taken on our last night in Sedona.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  3:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil, #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I read the book. I was surprised to find that bees were not colorblind. Well, maybe not surprised, but I hadn't really thought about it till I read the book.

There is a small shop in the next town over that sells raw unprocessed honey. Most of it is local or other places in the county. I have a jar of unprocessed unfiltered honey and a jar of raw filtered honey.

Some of the benefits of raw honey: it's naturally anti fungal, antiviral, and antiseptic. Supports healing, regulates blood sugar levels, promotes digestion, lowers cholesterol, and helps build your immune system. I sometimes use it for allergies.

I have to admit, while researching the health benefits of raw honey, I found some information that got me angry. I understood that store bought honey didn't contain pollen, but I didn't realize how bad it was. A lot of the honey in stores is from China and India and is imported illegally, and it is so denatured that it's bad for you!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  3:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil, #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I researched my recycling options for my area, and there is nothing available in my town. It's a really small town so I kind of expected that. Oregon has bottle deposit, which means you get 5˘ for every plastic bottle and aluminum pop can you recycle, and I always recycle my water bottles, when I have them.

But in the next town over (9 miles away) you can bring in metal, glass, and cardboard. It's open to the public, including my town, but we have to bring it in ourselves.

In the nearest city; you can bring in the usual metal, glass, and cardboard. But they also take plastic and E-waste.

It's disappointing that my town doesn't have a recycling program, but I can make use of the other recycling centers, because I go into those towns at least twice a month.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  3:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil, #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Breadmaking Merit Badge!

“Now we're speaking my language. Yeast bread! My mom used to tease me as a child, by calling me 'Bread Woman.' I liked bread so much, I would get chap-marks on the corners of my mouth from eating it so much.

The 3 types of yeast:

•Dry yeast: looks like small pebbles. Needs to 'proof' a.k.a. dissolve in water before you can use it.
•Fresh yeast: looks like a pale lump. Can be worked immediately.
•Instant yeast: very fine almost powdery. It can also be worked right ways, However, it is only 93% yeast and 7% additive.

I make a good all purpose white bread. It can be made into loaves, rolls, buns, and fry bread. When I mix it in a bread machine; I use instant yeast. When I make it in a mixer; I use dry yeast. I found that the texture is softer when I used the instant yeast.

I recently developed a recipe for cinnamon roll dough, which uses mashed potatoes as part of the recipe. It uses instant yeast, because it's mixed in a bread machine.

The fact that I got pictures was a miracle, because it gets eaten fast.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  3:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil, #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Rootin' Tootin' Merit Badge!

“Despite our short growing season, we can grow most root vegetables:
Carrots, beets, onions, radishes, turnips, and rutabaga. I have, in the past, grown all of these except the turnips and rutabaga.

My local grocery store sells all of these root vegetables, and all of them are marked as grown in the U.S.A.

I'm familiar with all but the rutabaga, so finding ten in the store wasn't difficult.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  3:45:19 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil, #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“I know how to do a basic knit with knitting needles, but I have problems with my hands and can't use them anymore. Instead I use a fine gauged loom.

I finished a pair of socks (the pinks ones). I used a basic knit and pearl stitch. They took about 3 days. I'm allergic to wool, so I found a good stretchy synthetic fiber.

It's a lot easier for me to use a loom than the needles. It took me a long time to knit a sock that fits my foot. It's not easy to be a size 11!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  3:50:08 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil, #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I've planted 3 different types of mint, thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, and oregano.

I've used my thyme and rosemary to make Balsamic Chicken, the recipe is needing some work though.

The herbs are very flavorful, but I might need to relocate their planters, because they are looking a little sad. I'll figure it out!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  4:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Natalie Garcia (#7004) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I already have 8 or 9 reusable shopping bags that I use about 95% of the time, so I figured I would make some reusable PRODUCE bags to go with them. I found this page www.doradaily.com/my-blog/2015/06/diy-produce-bags.html with instructions that were super simple.

I now have 8 reusable produce bags that I made out of tulle and I plan to start keeping my grocery bags in my car, so they get used that last 5%, which are usually stops of the "whoops, I forgot one thing" variety. On the right, in the picture, my grocery bag stash. On the left, my produce bags.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  3:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Ruby Slider (narjay842, #1663) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Carp-hen-try Merit Badge!

“I painted my bedroom a color that’s called antique purple, during the day it looks grey and at night it looks like a light purple-ish grey. I read the book Dare to Repair, although I purchased my first house when I was 21 and have done all repairs myself ever since. (It’s very Empowering, good for the body and soul).

I love painting, it’s the easiest way to liven up a room. Tired of your furniture? Paint the room, it’ll bring new life to it! Also, I just love color – no white walls for me!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  3:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Ruby Slider (narjay842, #1663) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Carp-hen-try Merit Badge!

“(I did this project previously, just never submitted it.) My kitchen had ugly wallpaper and old countertops, it was definitely time for a change. So I ripped out the counter tops, painted the walls and installed a tile back splash – (on a budget so no new cabinets). I used marble tiles for the countertops, because they are very affordable. I didn’t want grout lines so I place them side by side, no spacing and used a clear sealant between the seams, once set I trimmed off any sealant that was visible, this has workout great with no problems. I installed hardy board (cement board, comes in 4X8 sheets like plywood) as a base for the counters and the back splash. I used 12”X12” sheets of small tiles as the back splash - next time I will mount the tiles 1st, install the board 2nd and then grout. Keeping the tiny tiles from slipping before the mortar dries was an adventure. I had to use small picture hanging nails in the grout space until set. Then carefully remove them after and grout.

I just love the results. Everyone told me I couldn’t use marble. But I have had no problems, if they get a spot on them I dab on some oil, let is set a few minutes and wipe away... good as new.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  3:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Ruby Slider (narjay842, #1663) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Expert Level Carp-hen-try Merit Badge!

“I wanted to build a small chicken coop but had no idea about designs. So after checking online, I came across the cutest small coop – that also looked easy to clean/maintain. Armed with a photo, I began to duplicate it with my own modification. I repurposed some wood for a mini-deck to build on. The floor on the coop is waist high to me. I added a trap door in the floor for cleaning easily. The front wall is actually wire grid, tiny small square holes thick and hard to bend (it was also repurposed so I don’t know what the name of the product actually is). I added two small windows on each side right below the roof line. Screened with the same product as the door. I wanted nest boxes that I could remove and scrub. I started with large plastic veggie bins, but later changes to small stackable bins, I inverted the top bin and wired to the bottom one and secured with hooks to the back wall of the coop, that made them sturdy and easy to remove. The girls love them. I also added roosting ladder. To the left I made a small access door with a ramp, if the weather is bad the front wall/door can remain closed and they can come and go as they please. Tin roof with 12” overhang. Hanging food and water sources and a heat lamp when needed. For additional safety I lined the outer fence with additional tin.

I’ve remodeled and repaired just about everything, but starting from scratch was a new one for me. I’m very proud of how it turned out. Many Many thanks to whoever posted the pictures of his or her coop!! Thanks for the inspiration.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  3:30:59 PM  Show Profile
Emily Moore (E-Moore, #6770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I have my own chicken flock. Two hens that provide plenty of eggs for my family. We have also raised broilers and processed them using a processing trailer rented from a local family. We grow most of our grain (grain that we do not grow we get from a farmer down the road) and we mill it at a local mill for feed (for our milk cows and hogs). Our grains are not sprayed and are organic. One of my goals for the future is to raise rabbits for meat. I have talked to multiple people that do this, we have butchered one and ate it, I just have to prepare a place and start on that adventure!

So far we are beyond happy with our little flock and animals. The broiler chickens that we processed have provided so many meals for my family. I also learned how to can meat when we processed because the whole chickens took up so much space in the freezer, and I wanted to save space.

The date I selected for "Date Finished" is not correct. I am not finished, since this is an ongoing adventure!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  3:35:33 PM  Show Profile
Emily Moore (E-Moore, #6770) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level What's Your Beef? Merit Badge!

“I read the article on EatWild.com about grass-fed vs corporately raised beef, and checked out the rest of the site. What a wealth of information! I also read MaryJane's take on organic beef on her website. After reading both articles I reflected on my own personal knowledge and experiences with these meats, and jotted down my thoughts.

I am blessed! The day I met my husband was the day I stopped buying meat from the grocery store. When we met, he had steers and hogs that he raised as a side business for other people and for him. Since we got married, he no longer sells to other people, but we still raise our own beef, chicken, and pork. Last year we added a milk cow - and this year we have 3 milk cows! Reading the articles above made me appreciate our animals and lifestyle even more than I already do. I knew that pasture raised beef is better because it is more natural and causes less disease, but I guess I never really thought about the cycle of how those closed operations work - and I had NO idea that they feed the dead back to the living. Gross!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  3:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Melody Hingl (GoatieGirl, #6700) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level In the Garden Merit Badge!

“Here in Pennsylvania, our weather is unpredictable. This year, it was mid April before I could even consider starting a garden.

Living in the woods, makes it difficult to grow anything. So, this year I invested in grow boxes. I must say that I'm impressed! I planted 4 cucumber plants and they took off, like little rockets within the first week. So I found myself in desperate need of a trellis. I had some old rough cut hemlock laying around that was in good shape for a frame. I enlisted the help of my carpenter husband when it came to using the table saw. (It would not be very conducive to gardening if I were missing my fingers!) after measuring, cutting and nailing the hemlock pieces together, I used some old recycled wire to attach the trellis to my grow box. I have plenty of used bailing twine in the barn that I tied up the sides of my A frame trellis. I can't wait for my little cucumbers to start producing!

I'm really pleased with my recycled material A frame trellis, I just hope that it holds up for the entire summer gardening season.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  4:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Becky Gilson (bearprairiechick, #6695) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“I planted kale, spinach and Swiss chard from seed. I also planted a container with Rosemary, Basil, Oregano and Thyme.

I made a broad spectrum pesticide with Rosemary, Peppermint, Thyme and Clove essential oils.

I read Montrose: Life in a garden.

The herbs are growing good. Other plants haven't sprouted yet.
I haven't had to use the pesticide yet and the book was interesting.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  4:18:46 PM  Show Profile
Becky Gilson (bearprairiechick, #6695) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Home Insulation Merit Badge!

“I researched our insulation and windows. I contacted our PUD about insulation rebates or credits. There aren't any rebates or credits available in our county but in comparing our insulation and windows we don't need to upgrade.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  4:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Becky Gilson (bearprairiechick, #6695) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Home Insulation Merit Badge!

“I checked for air tightness and discovered a lot of draft coming from the doors, so replace the weather striping.

Turned out good. Was easy to install and no more draft!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  4:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Akasha Lovetere (foxmama, #7026) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“1. Went through my home to get rid of any cleaners that are not green.

Replaced dish soap with Seven Generation brand. Replaced hand soap with Pangea Organics brand. Replaced shower soap with Dr. Bronner’s Brand. (Lots of yummy soap bar smells). Replaced laundry detergent with Arm and Hammer (free of perfumes and dyes). And also managed to inspire my mother to switch to same laundry detergent. Yay!

2. Statement: “As a mother, wife and woman I hear do pledge to only use green cleaning products in our home for the safety of my family and the protection of mother earth! I choose to inspire others by making wise choices and promise to teach my son how to buy and make green products”!

3. My thrifty, nifty green journal now includes recipes for the fallowing items: Homemade soap, homemade all purpose cleaner, organic spot remover help, homemade laundry soap. Ideas for homemade organic gifts. And homemade scented cloth wipes for quick clean up.

Hope I did good for my first Merit Badge! It was fun. While I enjoyed switching to green brands I actually became more inspired to make my own homemade solutions. I am eager to make my own laundry soap, goats milk soap and window cleaner. When I know what is in each green cleaning solution I will feel more confident in it’s safety for my family!I am eager to move on to intermediate.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  4:57:22 PM  Show Profile
Natalie Garcia (#7004) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Action Merit Badge!

“I've been aware for a little while that my town does not allow for the keeping of backyard chickens. The city council is responsible for this law and I spent about an hour looking into the city ordinances. What I found was that it is unlawful for any person to keep any chickens, ducks, pigeons or other fowl in the city limits unless the same are at all times kept confined in proper pens or enclosures. No animals are permitted to be kept within the city limits, including those described in this section, unless allowed by any applicable zoning ordinance pursuant to title 15 of this code. All pens or enclosures required by this section shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition and shall not be placed or maintained within seventy five feet (75') of any dwelling. Further zoning information revealed that residential areas are zoned for household pets (defined as: Animals or fowl ordinarily permitted in the house and kept for company or pleasure, such as dogs, cats, or canaries, but not including a sufficient number of dogs or cats to constitute a "kennel") and lofts for racing pigeons only. I could keep one cow, though. 12-7-5: KEEPING MORE THAN ONE COW PROHIBITED; PERMIT REQUIRED TO KEEP ONE COW.

There is a local group that is pushing for a change to these rules, to allow urban backyard chickens. Many nearby towns DO allow chickens, but not here. There are semi-monthly meetings and the group has gotten a booth at the local farmer's market where we will be selling tshirts and handing out informational flyers. Fingers crossed.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  4:11:48 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil , #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“I made 2 bookmarks with aida fabric, and stained one of them brown using tea. I used embroidery floss from my 'leftovers box', which are DMC skeins that have lost their numbers.

I finished the edges of the bookmarks on my sewing machine. I chose to fray the edges of the brown one and put blue and white lace on the white one.

The brown one reads: Kingdoms need their castles, just as dragons mighty scales. Without a quest or vision, there's no magic in the tales. I savor deeds of wonder told in pose or told in rhythm. May I never grow to old to treasure "Once upon a time".

The white one reads: I'm not lazy! I was up all night fighting evil by moonlight.

The brown one was easy, I used a pattern I found online. The white one was the most difficult, because I had to piece a pattern together from scratch. Luckily I had a book that was all embroidery letters, I just had to make them fit on a bookmark.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  4:16:43 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil , #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“My town doesn't offer recycling, and I tend to use reusable things like washable containers rather than baggies, or rechargeable batteries instead of throw-aways.

Whenever I buy a glass jar of tomato sauce, I wash and reuse the jar, either for storing things or filling them with soup for friends. That way I don't have to worry about getting dishes back.

I've been printing out a lot of merit badges lately, and noticed that one little badge takes up an entire sheet of paper. It seemed kind of wasteful, so I cut the scrap paper into squares to be used as note paper (shopping list paper). I write a lot of notes so I knew I would use it. I also took a stack of note squares to my local library, because the computer users need scrap paper for notes too.

The library appreciated the 'already cut' scrap paper, as do I.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  4:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil , #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lend a Hand to Families Merit Badge!

“My elderly neighbor just got back from a trip, so I went to deliver her some lettuce from the garden. I went to put it in her fridge, but noticed it was really needing cleaned out! So I offered to clean her fridge for her, and we agreed to do it on a certain day. I went home and baked her a half loaf of bread, picked her some sugar peas, bought her a bottle of juice, and gave her some of my eggs.

On the day: I helped her sort the food in the fridge and put the good stuff in coolers. When I opened the freezer, it was frozen solid! You couldn't fit a hand in there! Come to find out, It hadn't been defrosted for years! So I used a heat-dish, a hairdryer, and a pot of boiling water and had it defrosted in 7 hours.

The largest chunk of ice I removed was 15" long and weighed over 5lbs. I then washed all of the racks, the door, and the walls of the fridge.

Afterwards we made plans to take her grocery shopping, in the next town. She was needing to go shopping and now she had a clean fridge to put them in.

She was very grateful and wanted to pay me, but I refused to take any money. I didn't take a picture of the freezer, which you would have had to see to believe, because I thought it rude.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page