Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  4:24:06 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie Wilson (Pixiedustdevil , #6941) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“I really had to think about this one, I have a lot of little collections, but only want to feature one of them. Should I show my music boxes? My tiny oil lamps? My flower fairies? So many choices!

In the end I chose my collection of aluminum cookie cutters. Some of them date as far back as the 1930's and they belonged to my mother and grandmother. I use to use them when I was little, I had no idea that they were so old then, as everything in the kitchen was old.

After I inherited them I started adding to the collection. I store them in a gallon glass jar, because the old tin they were in isn't big enough. I once found a set of these cookies cutters, but they were tiny! Small enough for either a child or to make animal crackers with. So of course I bought them, and because they were so cute and tiny, I put them in a baby food jar.

After taking them out and photographing them, I now want to make cookies!”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  4:31:52 PM  Show Profile
Faith Rogers (#6976) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“My family actually unknowingly helped me earn this badge. My 3rd cousin wanted information for school & believed that in our linage there was a president. I didn't know right on hand, so I looked as far back as I could & didn't find that information. It did make me realize that I should, as an older family member know this information to pass on. My grandson then wanted to know about his mother's family & was quite interested to know about his great grandfather's WWII service. I did have a number of items & stories that my father had told me and I gave a small presentation to my family at a gathering we had. My granddaughter's wanted to know the genealogy of our family. I was able to make chart for them, changing the name for each of the family so they had a tree for each one starting with themselves.

Pretty well. I still haven't gotten as far back as I would like on my side, but on my husband's side we have traced it back to know he is a Mayflower descendant & now his father belongs to the Mayflower Society. Fun for all.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  3:30:37 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (#1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level Disconnect to Reconnect Merit Badge!

“I took my daughter on a 3 day 2 night bike-packing trip to Mt. Rainier where there is no electricity other than what you bring in and no cell service. We rejuvenated ourselves by reading, writing in a journal, drawing, and exploring the area.

To say it was fabulous is an understatement. We are going to try to do this every year from here on out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  3:34:54 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (#1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Expert Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I spent 3 months training for a 5-mile (one way) bike trip pulling a trailer. I completed the 10 mile round trip with my daughter and cheerleader.

Going in was all up hill, but coming out was a lot easier and faster. I made it though and am better for it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  3:39:11 PM  Show Profile
Cristy Marxsen (Quiltwright, #6637) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I watched the movie about the vanishing bees and then watched it again because I felt so strongly about the chemicals killing them so that I had to share with my sister. The book The Secret Life of Bees was a good read.

I no longer spray for the bees that gather around the front bushes at my home, and I now have several flowers out back that attract bees. I should have known that if the dogs don't get bothered by the bees, I shouldn't have either.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  3:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Cristy Marxsen (Quiltwright, #6637) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“Curbside recycling is not available in our neighborhood, but there are centers that will process the recyclables if you take the materials to it.

I went to the dump and separated the plant clippings and metals from the household trash. Each type of trash has it's own area to deposit it into. Was not difficult and I didn't even get dirty, other than smelly hands.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  3:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Cristy Marxsen (Quiltwright, #6637) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I keep bags outside of our trashcans to keep the recyclables from the household trash. The yard clippings are now kept in a pit out back until we get enough to take to the dump.

The cans that get picked up weekly do not get full with the weeds, etc. from the yard. With the fire season now here, we will need to keep the pile cleared.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  3:53:39 PM  Show Profile
Cristy Marxsen (Quiltwright, #6637) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Gratitude Merit Badge!

“I started my journal in September last year and read daily from The Book of Awesome. The journal is still going and the book still is kept along side it. I love the book and can reread and reread. It is the first book I have come across that I enjoy segments over and over. I have shared its value with friends!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  3:58:10 PM  Show Profile
Cristy Marxsen (Quiltwright, #6637) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Bustin' Out Merit Badge!

“I have continued to try more organic foods. Organic foods taste better. The bananas are the best! When I see them on sale, I stock up. My next trial will be the watermelon. I haven't seen it but my friend tells me it is unbelievable. The markets are beginning to carry more organic foods, so that tells me I am not the only one searching it out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  4:01:50 PM  Show Profile
Cristy Marxsen (Quiltwright, #6637) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“As part of my New Years Resolution, I decided to take time for myself as a sickness prevention. On Jan. 1, I went into the bedroom, shut the door, laid down, and relaxed.

It has become a daily routine after work before my husband comes into the house.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  4:03:50 PM  Show Profile
Cristy Marxsen (Quiltwright, #6637) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I have continued taking time everyday to de-stress. Sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 30!

To de-stress, I think about things that I have completed that have turned out well. I cannot think about all the things that have not been done and need to be completed. The time I take for this helps me to realize daily that I have already done so much that it's okay if I don't do anything else. That way, all additional things that get done are a bonus!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  4:06:41 PM  Show Profile
Cristy Marxsen (Quiltwright, #6637) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I made an apron! The apron is adorable. I found the fabric and pattern on a quilt run this past weekend. I think the attached dish towel is just too cool!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  2:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Hilary Syddall (KnyttWytch, #6958) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“Taught myself to knit, joined a Knit and Natter group (been weekly for 2 hours an evening for 6 months), knitted a cowl in the round using circular needles. The cowl turned out rather well! My sweater not so well lol”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:03:53 PM  Show Profile
April Tovar (Dreamer42, #7038) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I have committed to shopping green! I went out and purchased 6 recyclable grocery totes last week and have (2) more I ordered on line, and am waiting for their arrival. We went camping this weekend and I used them to pack our dry foods in. Have to admit, they were so nice to use, sturdy and the ones I purchased even had little pockets inside to stash smaller items and/or hold that wonderful bottle of wine! Thank you, MJF, for the inspiration! I will continue working on and perfecting my green shopping!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:10:11 PM  Show Profile
April Tovar (Dreamer42, #7038) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I have identified 5 herbs:

1) parsley, herb for spaghetti, meat loafs, meat balls, anything italian.
2) mint, herb for mojitos, mmmm, also ice teas
3) cilantro, herb for Spanish dishes, salads, top any Mexican dish with.
4) sage, herb for poultry, dressings, savory flavor, used dried for sage tea, helps with inflammation, sore throat.
5) Basil, mmmmm, herb for any meat loafs, meat balls, flavored water, ice tea, lemonade.

Was fun, inspired me to learn about and use additional herbs, to expand my herb pantry. Love cilantro raw!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:12:17 PM  Show Profile
April Tovar (Dreamer42, #7038) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I have planted (2) herb pots for outdoors on my patio, as my garden space is small and full. Also planted a 3 potted herb pot in my kitchen window. I have planted: Basil, Sage, Cilantro, Parsley... I added a green onion to my herb pot even though it's not an herb, but the bulb starts came from my great grandparents farm back in Michigan which has recently sold outside of the family... the onions are the only part of the farm I have left.

Looking good so far! The 3 plant pot in my kitchen window, the middle basil were starts that rooted from my mother in laws plant, the other two: basil and parley, I planted from seed. I have already harvested basil for my basil lemonade and the cilantro for enchiladas.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:20:56 PM  Show Profile
Ginger Dawn Harman (#6451) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I met all the requirements for the badge and even created a board on Pinterest to feature other bloggers who are part of the MaryJane Farmgirl Sisterhood. Here is the Link: www.pinterest.com/gingerdawnharma/mary-janes-farmgirl-sister-blogs/

I also visit Girlgab.com This is a great place along with Farmgirl Chitchat on Facebook.

The biggest change was changing my blog name to Ginger Dawn A Spice below the horizon.. Get it Ginger (Spice) and Dawn... It sounds better than Booktalk. I try my best to follow the blog hops. I feel like I am starting to get a few regulars and that my post are positive and helpful. I also keep links to the side of my blog for others to visit. http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Ginger Dawn Harman (#6451) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Ink Slinger Merit Badge!

“I purchased and Read Strunk and White’s The Elements of Style. I also wrote a short story called Permanent Ink. It is a little over 2000 words. It was edied by Fish Publishing in Ireland and also by the NIWA. I submitted my first short story...

Well to my shock! That story was published and is in an anthology on Amazon.com! I even had to set up an author page and sign a contract over the publication of my short story. This was all new for me. I didn't get any money but I have established my name now in the writing world! http://www.amazon.com/Ginger-Dawn-Harman/e/B019YMI3OE

My only sadness is that it took me so long to fill out this form. Almost tempted to make this a UFO. ha ha...”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Ginger Dawn Harman (#6451) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Ink Slinger Merit Badge!

“After I had my first short story published I decided to start writing a learn more. So, I enrolled in an online course with Fish publishing. This has helped me with grammar and with connecting to readers. I also participated in Camp NanoWritmo.

The courses were very good online and I liked the opportunity I had with Camp Nanowritmo. NanoWritmo was the entire month of April 2016. This was a great place to write with other budding authors. I have also played a bit with poetry, flash fiction. http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/2015/12/tales-for-thursday-chipped-teapot-by.html

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:29:22 PM  Show Profile
Ginger Dawn Harman (#6451) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Ink Slinger Merit Badge!

“Well I am at 35,000 words in my novel! It is titled "Gertrude Magnhild Raises the Roof" It is about the relationships and connections between women of different backgrounds and ages. Basically a church group of women all come together to fix the church roof but they repair and strengthen each other in many ways. I have written 82 pages and I have an editor. Oh and I have read several book and put book reviews on Amazon.com

I feel that I am on the right path. I do find it hard to write a novel and keep up the household task. I will be finished with my book by the end of this year and I hope to have it published around Spring of next year. It may seem slow but I want to do this correctly and not rush the process. I am excited to see how it is moving forward. I have also published several poems on my blog.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Ginger Dawn Harman (#6451) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Make it Pretty Merit Badge!

“I joined a month long art challenge. I used different art techniques. It was tons of fun and I believe it or not I have a bit of talent!

I was thrilled with how it turned out! I was inspired by a local class that I took at the museum. Here are the links... http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2016-05-11T08:00:00-04:00&max-results=7

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Ginger Dawn Harman (#6451) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Make it Pretty Merit Badge!

“Well, I attended two art classes at my local museum and also with a private lesson with artist Eugene B Smith.

I really like watercolors best but I like the relaxation of Zentangles. I wrote a blog post on my first art class and participated in a month long art challenge.

I was very pleased! http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/2016/05/more-may-art-part-two.html and here is the first class I attended and of the art gallery in DC.

http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/2015/12/art-in-washington-dc.html

http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/2015/05/botanical-watercolor-painting.html

http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/2016/05/more-may-art-part-two.html

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:50:00 PM  Show Profile
Ginger Dawn Harman (#6451) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I read the novel by Sue Monk Kidd “Secret Life of Bees. Oh My Goodness, What a great book and perfect for summer. The trailer of the link provided made me so sad! I did some research in my area and West Virginia seems to be a great place and we have not have too many problems. yet, We must continue to do research! I planted several bee friendly plants. This is the link I used! http://beefriendly.ca/25-plants-for-bees-in-your-garden/

I have bees in the yard and They seem to like my lilacs, wisteria, cosmos, and cherry tree the most. I even posted my header on Facebook with a bee. They sure love sunflowers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:52:17 PM  Show Profile
Ginger Dawn Harman (#6451) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I researched the health difference between raw honey and processed honey.

Find a local honey vendor. It was part of our Farmday in West Virginia.

I read “Bees: Nature’s Little Wonders,“ by Candace Savage. It was interesting to learn Von Frisch and Landauer, both for their experiments with bees. The bee farm was also very interesting.

I really learned so much and now I will leave the clover in my yard. The Bee Lady from Farm day said how important it is. And I will attend her Bee class in November. Eversweet Apiaries holds numerous free workshops and field days about beekeeping. http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/2016/06/farm-day-2016.html

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2016 :  3:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Ginger Dawn Harman (#6451) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“In January, I pulled out my cross stitch and started this badge for a second time. Darn it.. I do the stuff and then never fill out my badge requirement stuff. Hanging head. Yet, I am on top of things again... So I made two cross stitch simple projects and framed them. They will make great gift and both were made for certain people. My husband taught me how to cross stitch.

I am very pleased with both of them. I hope to try it on different fabrics soon. Here is the link with photos.

http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/2016/01/january-2016.html

and here was the first time I did it and didn't turn in my paperwork. Really, I am going to try harder to stay on task...

http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/2015/09/x-marks-spot-farmgirl-sisterhood-friday.html

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page