Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  3:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I have been sewing for years. I have more than one sewing kit because I have more than one sewing machine. But I did put together a sewing "basket" with everything I will need when I take my machine with me. I take it to the lake, to our deer camp, and to Galveston. I got an old plastic school box that one of my kids (now grown) used for school supplies. I have included different colors of thread (white, beige, black, navy, and red), hand sewing needles, machine needles, pins, seam ripper, scissors, hem gauge, rotary cutter, and marking pen. My homemade pinkeeper is a pennys woolie.

It turned out great because I have everything I need and don't have to miss a beat!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  3:43:05 PM  Show Profile
Dee McDaniel (deemc54, #2441) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I went through my cabinet where I have all of my storage containers for left-overs. I matched all the lids with the containers. Only I put all of these in my laundry roome. These will be the containers that I use when someone takes food from here, and I do not want the container back. Or these are the containers that I use for chicken broth or turkey broth when I boil the carcass. My containers that I use on a regular basis are containers that I purchased at Sam's. They are see-through with a red lid. Some are deeper than others, but the lids fit all the containers for each grouping.

This has been great- no more scavenging looking for lids to fit containers. They are easily accessible, neat, and work great!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  3:53:07 PM  Show Profile
Lorrae Moon (moonshines, #1649) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I made a new sewing kit to take to a class that I was taking. I put in the kit: pins, scissors, cutting ruler, cutting mat, needles, oil for my machine, pen and paper, paper cutting scissors, thread (white), extra bobbins, measuring ruler, and measuring tape.

I have used it and been able to loan tools to classmates. Very handy."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  4:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Chelsey Lewallen (#2097) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I sewed a half apron by re-patterning an old apron I have from a friends grandmother from the 1950's with a yellow flower print cotton and two contrasting blue and white cotton prints as pockets. I used recycled lace from an old flower girl dress project and made an oven mitt to match it.

I donated the apron to a silent auction for Christmas for Kids. The new owner and her daughters are enjoying it and it's nice to know that the money went to a good cause."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  4:51:07 PM  Show Profile
Chelsey Lewallen (#2097) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Homespun Christmas badge.

"For Christmas this year I made a batch of "Plain Ol' Plum Sauce" and Plum butter, canned 'em, and made tags using card stock, ink, our old typewriter, string, and scalloped scissors. I also made hot pads, a shoulder bag, and homemade cards with pictures I took this fall in the Moscow Arboretum.

My neighbors just gave me a belated Christmas present of MaryJanesFarm newest magazine with my plum jars on the second page!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  4:59:27 PM  Show Profile
Chelsey Lewallen (#2097) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge.

"This is a project I had been working on even before I knew about Mary Jane but I was inspired to continue with it after joining the sisterhood. I went online and found a great step by step instructional site for embroidery, Needlework Tips and Techniques, and used my mom's old embroidery thread and my grandmothers old hoop and embroidered away!

It's pleasing to look at, though I hope to add more stitches!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  5:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Lorrae Moon (moonshines, #1649) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Self-sufficiency badge.

"I grew herbs sweet basil being my favorite. I dried a batch all summer. I have been using them all winter. I made a ton of pesto froze some for the winter and sold it at our famers market. I did make an italian blend, oregano, Italian parsley, rosemary, and basil. I did gift this blend to some of my neighbors. They already wonder about me so when I hand them a jar of dried herbs they weren't sure. I explained what it was and what to add it to and they reported it was great.

Very exciting to have such yummys for my cooking all winter. The pesto froze great and we make many dishes. I love herbs and I will try some new ones next year."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  2:50:30 PM  Show Profile
Belinda Purvis (#837) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Know Your Food badge.

"I kept a food journal for the month of December, yes even through Christmas! I am reading labels and becoming more aware of what is in the foods I eat. I read "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle".

I ordered 5 different sprouting seeds and am beginning to sprout seeds to add to our diet.

I have been including more fresh fruits and vegetables in our diets. Mainly attending local farmer's markets and buying fresh produce has helped us with eating more fresh produce.

I have found a vendor locally that grows olives and makes pure, extra virgin olive oil that I use for cooking. I have stopped using artificial sweeteners too.

I am feeling better about our diet and looking forward to growing more of our own foods."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  3:06:16 PM  Show Profile
Belinda Purvis (#837) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Families Forever badge.

"My children are grown now, but we played Clue, Monopoly, Uno, Skip Bo most every evening. We experimented with NO TV for a whole year. We read books aloud in the evenings, played outside on the tree rope and in the pool besides playing games.

Now we play games like Dominoes or cards as often as we can get together. We currently play on average every week or two whether with my adult children, friends, or other family members.

We really enjoyed each other, got to know each other more, and laughed a whole lot!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  3:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Belinda Purvis (#837) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a intermediate level Families Forever badge.

"Totalled our TV time currently - empty nest time. We watch an average of 28 hours of TV per week.

Since we have gotten our garden in full swing, and built a clothesline and beginning a chicken tractor, we are spending more time outside instead of inside with the TV.

My husband and I have spent a lot more time together working on projects together. It has been fun spending more time with him.

We are playing games with friends every couple of weeks now too."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  3:17:42 PM  Show Profile
Belinda Purvis (#837) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an expert level Families Forever badge.

"I am planning numerous family gatherings.

We are planning a camping sort of family reunion outing with extended family as well as immediate family members.

We are planning some road trips to visit my dad out of state.

We have a camping trip scheduled for early April. We are planning a cruise for a little later on. We have a grandchild due to come this month, so we need to let her grow a bit before planning a cruise with them.

We went blueberry picking locally, and it was much fun. Now we have delicious blueberries in the freezer even during the winter months.

We are really enjoying spending more time with our family members."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  3:23:49 PM  Show Profile
Belinda Purvis (#837) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a intermediate level Know Your Food badge.

"We're adding more organic produce to our diet. I am enjoying visiting local farmer's markets and buying fresh produce. I have joined several groups online for information on organic and raw foods. I chose not to join the CSA local, because I have a garden going in that I am hoping will provide much of our food.

We are eating less dessert, and we are adding more fresh fruit in the evening for our desserts.

We have eliminated high fructose corn syrup from our diet, and now I'm buying pure maple syrup.

We are enjoying more fresh food."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  3:30:05 PM  Show Profile
Belinda Purvis (#837) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I sorted my storage containers, matched lids, and recycled the mismatches for my garden seed starts.

My drawer in the kitchen is neat and tidy. It's easy to pull a container and it's lid out for sending food with guests and storing food away."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  3:35:13 PM  Show Profile
Belinda Purvis (#837) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a intermediate level Get It Together badge.

"We recently remodeled our kitchen and merged my mother moving in with us and all her kitchen stuff merged into ours. We have acquired all our essential kitchen equipment and supplies and then some.

I had extra knives, so I shared with a farmgirl sister that didn't have any good preparation knives.

The kitchen is a dream to work in. Everything is set up in centers, and works very well."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  4:22:23 PM  Show Profile
Belinda Purvis (#837) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a intermediate level What's Your Beef? badge.

"I have read "Salad Bar Beef," in help with our cattle and farm. I have a fellow farmgirl sister that currently raises and sells grass fed beef.

We are raising our cattle on pasture and are planning to butcher our first calf this spring.

We changed our practices on our farm over a year ago, and are raising cattle for butcher rather than just taking calves to an auction. We are planning to consume our own beef."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  4:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Belinda Purvis (#837) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Nellie Will-do badge.

"I sewed a complete nursery ensemble for my upcoming granddaughter. Used a picture of a nursery my daughter-in-law liked, and made it with no pattern.

Sewed bumper guards with satin ruffle tops, quilt, blanket, crib skirt, curtain panels with tab and tie tops, diaper bag.

Spent much more than 36 hours on this project.

She loves the nursery, and I'm very proud of it.

I learned about a new fabric - minky. Never had heard of it before."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  4:35:35 PM  Show Profile
Kathleen Lorentz (KathleenL, #1620) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Homespun Christmas badge.

"I knit some scarves and hats for my kids and made stuffed creatures for my granddaughters.
Every year the kids and I have made some kind of ornament for the tree. We have so many now that we can't fit them all on the tree. This year I made an applique Christmas tree decorated with buttons.

Everyone loved their knitted gifts and my granddaughters thought their "creatures" were great. They especially liked that they were pink!
I made some extra ornaments to trade with the wonderful ladies in my henhouse."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  4:43:03 PM  Show Profile
Marie Hilliard (horselover, #2214) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge.

"I embroidered a sampler of the alphabet.

Beautiful if I do say so myself."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  4:51:01 PM  Show Profile
Marie Hilliard (horselover, #2214) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"I had just gotten the book, "America's Cheapest Family," gets you right on the money, started ready on FRIDAY finished it on Monday.

Great read, I got some insight on how to better manage my finances, savings and investments."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  5:00:05 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Smith (minismith, #1991) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge.

"I had created an Advent Journal for my daily readings. I decided, this year, to make it my gratitude journal.

It was a great experience! When you're a musician, it's easy to let the pace of rehearsals and performances prevent you from seeing the real reason for the season. This journal made me sit down and really think about what I was thankful for!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  3:28:10 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Henning (mamahenning, #2492) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I received my first reusable shopping bag as a Christmas gift in 2006. It was filled with geen housecleaning items. Since then I have collected about 15 that I use almost every time I go shopping. Since I became a Farmgirl I have made a commitment to using them whenever I go out. Now I keep some in my car and some right by the front door so they are easy to get to.

Having the bags handy has been really helpful especially when we make surprise stops."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  3:34:38 PM  Show Profile
RoDonna Carson (kymomma4, #2361) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I have more than 6 bags that I use for everything plus shopping.

I love using my bags for everything not just shopping alone. I carry stuff for my PTO meetings, Girl Scout stuff, etc."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  4:45:51 PM  Show Profile
Lindsey Kirby (AmeliaLin, #1998) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an expert level Backyard Farmer badge.

"This summer when we started getting fresh milk from our neighbors and after learning how to milk a cow, we decided to embark on making our own butter. My husband recommended that I look at his Grandmother's house for her butter churn and butter boxes. I found two butter churns, cleaned them up and put them to use. With two children we had a great time making butter, separating and reserving the buttermilk for bread baking and enjoying a slice of bread with our own butter. Using the butter churn made the process much quicker, however for the kids to really experience making the butter on their own I put some of the cream in a jar and let them shake it up.

The butter turned out great. Friends love coming over and having our fresh butter!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  1:16:20 PM  Show Profile
Lindsey Kirby (AmeliaLin, #1998) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"I learned how to quilt after inheriting an antique quilt made by my Great Grandmother. It was an inspiration that I had no idea would have such an effect on my life. Thanks to one of my neighbors I have been able to learn about drawing my own quilt patterns, fabric calculations, cutting, piecing, basting and binding.

My first quilt was a wedding gift for a cousin. It is beautiful."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  3:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Susan Baxter (country girl, #2448) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Quilting badge.

"I earned my badge by making a wall hanging quilt that says "country."

It turned out very pretty."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page