Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  3:18:34 PM  Show Profile
Susan Baxter (country girl, #2448) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge.

"I made a clothes pin bag and embroidered a little girl and the words "clothes pins" on it.

I love it, it's very nice."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  3:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Pamela Schenck (fudsy, #1599) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I have about 8 reusable bags. Four of which are my favorites because I found them at a thrift store for $1. They are very nice heavy canvas bags. I brought them home and used my sewing machine to emborider different designs on each. The others I've collected when they had free bag give aways at the local store.

Each time I use my bags I save 5 cents for each one I use. In less then one year I've saved the money I spent for the bags and now they will make me money."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  3:43:23 PM  Show Profile
Pamela Schenck (fudsy, #1599) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a intermediate level Shopping Green badge.

"I've been following the 2011 thriftiness forum. I like the sound of homemade laundry soap. I gathered up what was needed and made up a batch for doing our laundry.

The soap smells very clean and I will start using it the next time I wash. One thing I will be comparing is the cost and cleaning ability. I spent $12.26 to mix up my own soap. The last time I purchased laundry soap it was $16.99, it lasts about 4 months. Now I will see how long this lasts. I'm keeping a journal of this test."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  3:50:14 PM  Show Profile
Valerie Stiner (#2292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I created a portable sewing kit. I transformed a small business card holder!

It turned out great! I've been needing a sewing kit to carry with me. This one zips to prevent anything from falling out. It has everything in it for an emergency repair or to help out a friend in need. I think the only place I couldn't take it would be on an airplane."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:01:13 PM  Show Profile
Jessi Dutton (jessi, #2289) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I found the cutest honey bee fabric and sewed it (some by hand/some by machine). I wear it not just in the kitchen, but outside as well.

Well, one of the ties is a little longer than the other, but other than that it is...dare I say...fabulous!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:06:29 PM  Show Profile
Jessi Dutton (jessi, #2289) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"My husband has a hunting cabin way back in the woods. I went on a Friday at 3:00 and returned Sunday at 3:00. From 3:00 to 9:00 I had to unload the truck and get cleaned up. Three days with no shower! Ugh.

It was a wonderful time. I read my MaryJanesFarm magazine and walked and even using the outhouse, wasn't too bad."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Jessi Dutton (jessi, #2289) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Homespun Christmas badge.

"I made all of my family's gifts (wall hangings, candles, cologne, cinnamon syrup [your recipe]).

Everything turned out wonderful. My favorite was the cologne. My brother and nephew loved it!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Jessi Dutton (jessi, #2289) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"I am on a quest for buttons! I find them, got some from my Grandmother, and buy them. I have close to 200.

Fun! My favorites are some I bought at a thrift store. Real old fashioned and sparkly!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Jessi Dutton (jessi, #2289) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I purchased some tote bags from our local Salvation Army. I also purchased some from Sierra Club.

It works great. I have seven bags I use and it makes me feel good when I use them instead of "paper or plastic."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:33:53 PM  Show Profile
Jessi Dutton (jessi, #2289) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Forage for Food badge.

"I discovered the correct time to pick blackberries and persimmons.

It turned out delicious. Had quite a few thorn pricks from the berries, but they were oh so good. Next year I plan to purchase or make an "apple picker" basket on a long pole to harvest persimmons."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  4:41:51 PM  Show Profile
Jessi Dutton (jessi, #2289) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a intermediate level Forage for Food badge.

"I scoured 45 acres of wooded land and found where to look for blackberries and studied tree bark and leaf shape to locate the persimmons.

Turned out great and tasted even better."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  5:07:29 PM  Show Profile
Jessi Dutton (jessi, #2289) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Gaining Ground badge.

"I re-purposed some chicken wire into a round frame and added grass clippings, leaves and lots of food scraps. I turn it with a pitch fork and it gets wetted when I watered my garden and when it rains.

Good so far. I have to wait a little longer before I actually have compost to use in my garden. Can't wait!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  2:08:11 PM  Show Profile
Tamara Burger (GrammyTammy, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Quilting badge.

"I have been quilting for many years and happy to have my first badge be in that category. This quilt was made as an exchange with a woman I work with. She crocheted popcorn for my Christmas tree in exchange for an iris wall hanging. It is hand appliquéd and quilted. I have about 20 hours into the piece.

I was pleased with the way it turned out. I tried a new technique with the small yellow border is a folded flat piece."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  2:18:49 PM  Show Profile
Tamara Burger (GrammyTammy, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I have been using recycling bags for shopping consistently for 2 years. I love the new rip-stop nylon types.

It did take me a while to remember to use the bags, but now it is second nature."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  2:34:37 PM  Show Profile
Susan Baxter (country girl, #2448) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"I have collected over 200 buttons.

I have put them in a old canning jar they look wonderful."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  3:33:45 PM  Show Profile
Laurie Lemieux (Montrose Girl, #1587) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Buttoned Up badge.

"I made a bracelet from buttons. I went through all we had to decide on a color theme and grabbed a handful of different shapes.

I really like it. I was a bit skeptical, but since I thought it out and didn't just throw one together, I think it came out good."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  4:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Shari Swartz (sharikrsna, #607) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I modified the Fancy work apron by cutting the bottom ruffle down, and omitting the bib. It is a gift for a friend whose interests include cheesy horror movies and rockabilly, so I found skulls and roses fabric and made a retro style half apron with red ruffle and pocket. Then I added an iron on skull and crossbones in rhinestones for the pocket.

It turned out so cute, I had to make an identical one for myself."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  4:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Christine Johnson (Babynurse, #831) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Farmgirl Gratitude badge.

"This was by far the most enjoyable merit badge to work on earning. I purchased a handmade journal made from recycled materials, took it home, began journaling, and haven't looked back! I thought it would be difficult to think of something NEW to be thankful for every day - for 30 whole days! But the more I looked for things to be grateful for, guess what? The more I found! :)

I have thoroughly enjoyed this entire process. Even though I have completed the required 30 days to earn the badge, I have no intentions of stopping my gratitude journal. It's too fun!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  4:35:35 PM  Show Profile
Tamara Burger (GrammyTammy, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I have sewn for the last 40ish years. Just pulled a few things out of my stash of goodies.

I want to make one for my Young Cultivator."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  4:43:24 PM  Show Profile
Tamara Burger (GrammyTammy, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge.

"I taught myself to knit 3 years ago, taking a quilting hiatus. I am especially fond of socks and knit them on circular needles."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  4:50:59 PM  Show Profile
Judy Bowsher (Jubow, #2497) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"I combined all my buttons from antique to modern & came up with over a gallon container full of quite a variety of syles. So now to do something creative with them for intermediate!

I was amazed at the quantity & see lots of possibilities of doing cool things with them."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  11:56:39 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer Drogalis (rosie.the.riveter, #2522) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner, intermediate, and expert level Knitting badge.

"This is for beginner, intermediate, and expert. I created a bunch of knitted projects for friends, family and myself. The number of hats were created for the beginner, I made some bags for intermediate, and I made knee high booties for the expert. I taught my friends from England, Australia, Ireland, and a bunch of friends from America how to knit. I was happy and proud that I could offer my hobby to them.

My projects turned out amazingly. I did try mittens but I kept connecting the thumb to the rest of the mitten with one strand of yarn...it became really frustrating so I unraveled it and made another little bag. I also knitted a scarf for my friend's sister but it is not pictured. It took forever! I had a lot of fun with this badge because I love to knit!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  3:01:02 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Drogalis (rosie.the.riveter, #2522) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I have been collecting reusable shopping bags for some time now. I have two from Jo-Ann's fabric store, they are my favorite. They have two different retro patterns on them and they don't even seem like reusable bags, just normal totes. I also use two different totes where the money from the purchase went to WWF and a going green organization. I also have four bags from my university that I use. I also started to not use any bags when I only buy one or two items that are easy to just carry out of the store.

It is going really well. Since I have been doing this for a while it has not interrupted my routine."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  3:08:08 PM  Show Profile
Liana O'Bannon (Liana, #2333) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Knitting badge.

"I made a shawl for myself out of yarn I got for Christmas that was 50% cotton and 50% Linen Boucle. I used a Rigid Heddle and used the yarn for both warp and weft. I added a small strip (4 rows)of hand spun silk and soy silk that I dyed with candy making dye and vinegar.

It turned out just as I had planned and all I had to do for the fringe was knot two together as the yarn twisted naturally to create the perfect fringe.

It is a natural cream color with a bit of natural linen gray in flecks throughout."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  3:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Drogalis (rosie.the.riveter, #2522) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a beginner level Disconnect to Reconnect badge.

"This was very easy for me. I went home for winter break (from University), and I live in a small village in the Poconos. This means that cell phone reception is terrible and there are so many things in nature that I can enjoy. For almost the entire month I went without a cell phone, internet, tv, and other electronics. I stayed outside most of the time even though it is winter. I took my dog, Keyanu, for walks, knitted, read, and found myself running out of daylight almost everyday.

This turned out great. It is something I go through every time I head home so it was easy. I attached a picture of my dog because I spend a lot of time with him."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page