Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 WANTED: Premier Issue of Mary Jane's Farm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic WANTED: Premier Issue of Mary Jane's Farm Next Topic
Page: of 4

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  4:45:04 PM  Show Profile
I just sent an e-mail as well.

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
www.LaMargueriteFarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  5:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Me too, I am sooooo excited!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Bee Haven Acres
http://beehavenacres.blogspot.com/
http://beehavenmaven.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  9:18:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee - what fun this is! I'm so excited for you and for everyone who's going to get to peruse the premiere issue - WONDERFUL!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  7:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everyone!

I have the Premiere Issue sitting here in my house as we speak! MaryJane was so sweet and had the journal from the previous pass around scanned. So tonight I am going to craft a cover for the journal and will get the magazine sent out to the first person in the next day or so. We have so many ladies wanting to see the Issue. I will also be sending a letter along with the package and sending an email as I ship it to you so you will know to expect it! I am so excited to see the journal entries as they come!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  07:26:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh Alee.....please add my name. I sent an email.
Looking forward to this. I am getting goosebumps just thinking that I will have this magazine in my home....
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  2:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alee...Thanks so much doing this! Please add me to the list also! Emailed you!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  8:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everyone!

I made a cover for a binder for the journal last night but was not happy with it. :( So tonight I tried again and was much more pleased. Still, I am a beginner when it comes to all this sewing stuff so please don't laugh when you see my slightly wobbly seams and a few places where the tension wasn't quite right on my machine! :) Oh well. Life is a process right?!

I will be dropping the Journal and Premiere Issue off to be sent out tomorrow. Just remember as you get the magazine- please don't keep it any longer than a week as the list of people who want to see it is growing! :) I can't wait to see your new Journal entries!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

BackyardTreasures
True Blue Farmgirl

189 Posts

Anne
Connecticut
USA
189 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  09:06:34 AM  Show Profile
This is exciting! I just e-mailed you with all my info.
Thanks for getting this all together for us.

~~Anne

www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  09:47:23 AM  Show Profile
Hello Farm Ladies, Yes, put me down for a copy of the premiere issue should it go into a second printing. I'd pre-pay in a skinny minute! Tracy from N Carolina
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  09:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
mommatracy this isn't for a second printing this is for the use of one magazine for one week then it goes back to the farm. It also has a journal that travels with it that you can write your thoughts in about the first issue.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  5:25:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh Yes..please a second print of the premier issue?!!! sign me up! I have all the others but would LOVE a copy of this one...
hint,hint PLEASE!!
LauraH
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  6:20:13 PM  Show Profile
Alee, just sent you an email regarding getting on the list for the premiere issue visit.
Thanks for doing this!
amanda

Too much of a good thing is wonderful.
Mae West
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  8:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

I have the mailing list updated for all who have emailed me so far.

As far as a second printing- I don't think that MaryJanesFarm is planning on doing one. Of Course that could change in the future. If you want to see the Premiere Issue, please sign up for the pass around. It's tons of fun to see the journal from last time and be able to add on to it!

With all the craziness this past week, I didn't get it sent off earlier this week, but it is all ready to go for Tuesday when the USPS is open again.

Hugs

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  9:08:04 PM  Show Profile
Alee- Did you get me on the list? If not add me as well- and bring Nora by soon, I bet she is sooo big!
XOXO, Rebekka

Nature does not ask permission. Blossom and birth whenever you feel like it!

Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  9:50:23 PM  Show Profile
This is just so exciting! I can't wait to hear all your responses to seeing the premiere issue - I know that the first journey one took was so wonderful and successful - I'm sure this one will be the same - thanks, Alee, for setting it up and getting it on its way!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  09:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rebekka!

Yes, I have you on the list! Nora and I would love to come by someday soon. I will email you and we can set up a good time for both of us!

Hugs

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  6:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay Ladies!

The Premiere Issue is officially on the move! I will email each as your turn comes around!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  7:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I'm kinda new to MaryJanesFarm. Saw the Artists in Aprons issue in the store and since I'd been waxing nostalgic lately (thinking of my grandmas and their aprons)I just had to take it home. I ordered all the back issues and have been reading, reading, reading. It would be great fun to see the Premier Issue, or better yet be able to purchase one for my own.

pearlsnjeans
Top of Utah
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  9:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Vicki!

Welcome to the Forum! Make sure to wander over to the Welcome Wagon so we all can get to know you a bit better! I am sure you are going to love the forum. All the ladies here are so sweet and helpful.

The Premiere issue of MaryJanesFarm is such a treasure! I am sure you will love reading it. Please send me an email with your information to add to the list.

Since each person is given a week with the issue, we have about 6 months worth signups right now :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  11:37:41 PM  Show Profile
Okay...I bid on it..please be nice girls..haha

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

victoria ann williams
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

victoria
newport wa
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  01:04:31 AM  Show Profile
I would love to see Mary Jane reprint the premier issue again and I'm willing to prepay for the issue. With all these responses; we might get her to respond to us. Wouldn't that be marvelous! Love from Hot Nana in Newport, WA on our little slice of heaven of 20 acres!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  2:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies! I have the Premiere Issue back at my house again and I will be sending it along to the next farmgirl tomorrow! It will be coming around with a copy of the journal from last time's pass-around and a brand new journal for this pass-around! :)

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  3:35:30 PM  Show Profile
Wow, would I love to see a copy of it or have a second printing. We shall wait and see.

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  4:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
MaryJanesFarm is not going to do a second printing of the Magazine. All of the magazines are one time printings only. The cost is too prohibitive to do a second printing. The coverprice of the Magazine is really only a drop in the bucket compared to the publishing price since MaryJane does not use Ads to pay for the magazine. While I do not know how much it costs to print each copy of the magazine or how much money has to be invested in each copy to bring us our favorite magazine, I did find this interesting article online:
http://www.publishingbiz.com/html/faqstartups11.html

So if you would like to see the Premiere Issue, please email me and I would LOVE to add you to the list to see them.

Plus I think it is lots of fun to see the journal entries that come along with it! :)

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  5:57:59 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Alee I didn't post until now my brain is as always addled!

I got to see the wonderful Premiere Issue a couple of weeks ago and it was well worth it, not to mention reading the journal of the Farm Girls that read it before me! A short in to the point post... Thank you Alee for organizing this for us. It I know is alot of extra work for you. Mary Jane and crew thanks again for your generosity. I loved seeing ya'lls first issue. My hubby loved it also he actually got to read it first. Sly Dog!

Mandi

"There will no longer be so many pleasant things to look at if responsible people do not do something about the unpleasant ones." Madeleine L"Engle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic WANTED: Premier Issue of Mary Jane's Farm Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page