Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  11:54:38 AM  Show Profile
I found a terrific idea for a Recipe Book!
i had all these trillions of pieces of paper all laying around in drawers & books & cabinets & even in little file boxes all the time filled with recipe's..
But rarely were they ever in any kind of order..
You know how you can lay a piece of cellophane over a page in a recipe book so you don't ruin the page.. ?
Well.. it occured to me that i should be able to do something like this will all of my OWN Recipe's..
Ok.. so here it is..
Photo Albums..!
Any size really..But i like a nice sized one that has at least 3 or 4 on each page..
You know.. the kind that you just slide you photos into..
well.. an index card fits perfectly into these slots just as well as a photo!
SO... you just write.. ( or type ) your recipe on each index card & start filing away.. you can use brand new index cards.. but i even found that some of my really old ones that i have gotten handed down from someone else actually fit in these spaces too..
it's not a perfect fit of course.. they can slide a bit..
But i Really do love this idea.. & I have all my recipe's all in some great looking ablums right along side my nice cook books!

give it a try & see what you think!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  12:23:18 PM  Show Profile
Kathie...I am in stitches with laughter. With the cookie cutter swap, I actually sent a scrapbook binder for recipes to my swap partner. I think that she liked it. They are so nice, and you can add embellishments, or notes that you would prefer.
It is a GREAT idea!
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  1:20:18 PM  Show Profile
OHHH! I like the embelishment idea! I was so busy writing them all up & sticking them in the books.. i never thought about making the pages look great too!
Your awesome! What a perfect idea..
My husband won't like you one darn bit either.. just so ya know..
Can you only imagine what my coffee table is going to look like about midnite tonight!!!
HA!!
love it!
Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  1:28:15 PM  Show Profile
For the handwritten sentimental recipes I like to photocopy these and then paste the copy onto an index card... that way I get to enjoy the lovely handwriting but not worry about spoiling the original :)

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  2:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You ladies are Gems! I love this idea! And as and additional idea you can flip the book over so that you have to slide the cards up from the bottom. So if you splatter the drops won't run down into the pockets but rather slide just past! If you buy a plain style photo album no one would know that you start from the back instead of the front :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  2:38:36 PM  Show Profile
Lizabeth i like the idea of making a copy..
I'd probably still loose the original one anyway though you know.. UNLESS I stick it with a box of tressures.. like letters i want to keep or something.. good idea. ok..

Alee..
I use the ones that have like 3 or 4 pages on it.. & you slide it in from the side.. so when you open it up.. you open it just like a book.. look at it from left to right really.. & there aren't any drips on your recipes.. remember.. I had to do this BECAUSE i was such a mess.. can you invision it? looking at a photo album.. but not the older ones we had around the house really.. there fairly new.. & you just slide pictures in from the side..
(Not MY pictures of course..there all still in shoe boxes silly..)

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  6:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kathie-

Thats a great type to buy! I haven't seen the photo albums where you slide in from the side. But then again I haven't bought a photo album for a while. Most of my photos are sitting in a box waiting to be put in an album or scrap book :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Recipe Books.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page