Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Trick or Treat Swap-Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Trick or Treat Swap-Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 2

katydid83
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kate
Upton MA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2023 :  1:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Well the witches swooped by my house and left a very well-packed bundle from Debbie, which I collected in the dark of night!

I must say I was duly impressed by the many layers Debbie added to this Halloween treat box! I had so much fun unpacking it and peeking into the little bags she made up. I not only received decorations for several rooms of my house, but also some sweet treats and a big cozy blanket! She even managed to find wrapping paper printed with candy corn. Thank you again Debbie, for such a fun Halloween experience, and thanks also to Julie for arranging this!
Debbie, the warlock at the USPS expects your package to arrive on “Tuesday or Wednesday”!

I attempted to document my unpacking so you all can see what she picked out for me! I’ll attach photos. Debbie definitely has magical powers! I also included a photo of our dogs who were VERY curious as to what all the crinkling noises were (and of course they were hoping I was unpacking dog treats!).

Kate
Farmgirl Sister #8534
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2023 :  2:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Kate I am happy you enjoyed everything and if I would have known you had those two little cuties I would have added treats for sure. What kind of dogs are they and what are their names please? You never know a surprise may arrive in the mail for them next week. Enjoy your goodies and have fun.
Thank you Julie for making us swap partners and for hosting such a fun swap.
Happy weekend everyone.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

katydid83
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kate
Upton MA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2023 :  2:44:20 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, that is very kind of you! Our pups are Teddy (12, in foreground) and Hank (2, in background). They are both rescues, and are Petit Basset Griffon Vendeens! I first heard of the breed over 15 years ago when it was suggested to me by an AKC quiz! And of course I had to have one! first dog Jera was a PBGV/terrier mix. As hounds that were bred to flush rabbits for hunters (although these guys don’t hunt) they love tracking both animals and people when they are in our yard, or out and about at Hopedale Pond which is our usual place to walk. They are both total goofballs and make us laugh every day!

Kate
Farmgirl Sister #8534
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2023 :  3:18:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh how fun that looks like?
Maybe I can be. In this swap next year!,

Kate your babies are adorable! How fun they must be!

Hugs
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Oct 17 2023 10:08:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2023 :  3:26:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kate they are such dolls and I have never heard of the breed. The look on their face are just so priceless! Yes, I think I do need to send Teddy and Hanks some treats. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1539 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1539 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2023 :  6:42:31 PM  Show Profile
Debi, after the 4th attempt at making a bag, I finally had success…so your package in on its way to you via UPS. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

katydid83
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kate
Upton MA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2023 :  05:47:17 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, it was a fun creative project for sure, definitely look for it next year!

Debbie, you are too kind sending mail to Ted and Hank! I don’t think they’ve ever gotten their own mail before so I’m sure they’ll love it :) Those are their “serious faces” in that last picture

Kate
Farmgirl Sister #8534
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2023 :  2:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Sheila, your wonderful Trick or Treat swap arrived today and oh, so many fun surprises were inside!! Here is a photo of everything; Handcrafted fabric pumpkin, real dried leaves from her home, 2 teas, cute small cookie cutter, Halloween socks, pretty fall napkins, this darling door hanger with fall accents which I have hanging from the chimney on my little wooden house, a really cool magnet made from a real round of wood with a decoupage pumpkin front, that adorable felt Pumpkin bag that had this really neat handcrafted tile that had the cutest pumpkins with black kitty decoupaged on the front, and a very lovely card.

Thank-you Sheila for being my partner for this special swap! It was great fun to be swap buddies and I love all the fun goodies that your put together!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2023 :  05:08:22 AM  Show Profile

Julie I got your box yesterday and couldn't wait to open it. I love all the sweets and goodies, but my favorite is the potpourri! I placed it in a pretty bowl in my mother-in-law's apartment where I've been staying while my husband had COVID, and it makes the room smell wonderful. I also love the stitched items- did you make them? The bowl holder is exactly what I need, thank you. It arrived after a busy day and really lifted my "spirits."

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2023 :  07:58:54 AM  Show Profile
Sylvia I received your package yesterday. Thank you so much for the box of goodies. Will enjoy the coffee and teas. Love the cup and thank you for adding to the handle for comfort. Jelly bellies are my favorites. Thanks for the home made cookies, my hubby spied them right away. Thanks for all the goodies.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2023 :  10:01:41 AM  Show Profile
Thank You Vanessa for all the fun treats. Farmgirls are just the best.

I am taking the popcorn to the field with me and will enjoy the pampering supplies when harvest is over.
I love the bag, will use it for a project bag when I work on Halloween projects.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1539 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1539 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2023 :  7:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Debi! Thank you for your package of goodies!! The jr mints are almost gone as I write this (you just can’t tell from the photo!)…my hubby snagged the smarties! Lol I’m so excited about the bowl cover! Was that easy to make? The socks, and tea towel are so fun! And I can’t wait to hang up the Halloween garland! I have the perfect spot for the Halloween plaque too! Thanks so much for a fun swap and for being my partner! :) I love the bag you made as well! :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

750 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
750 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2023 :  12:45:01 AM  Show Profile
Karen , So glad you got your treats ! The bowl covers are easy , I have made several . I will send instructions if you like ? Have a fun and happy Halloween.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2023 :  03:10:54 AM  Show Profile
I love this swap, we get goodies without walking all over town! The last time I went trick or treating I twisted my ankle going down a steep driveway in platform shoes (late 1970s).

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1539 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1539 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2023 :  7:00:02 PM  Show Profile
I would love instructions, Debi! Thank you. I mailed your box on Saturday…it seems “stuck” about two hours from here. So frustrating. Estimated delivery is the 19th…fingers crossed.

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2023 :  5:59:18 PM  Show Profile
I am a happy Trick or Treater, Kates Swap package arrived today full of the best Halloween goodies. A basket full of treats, towel, Halloween Hash
Mix, Mulling cider, pumpkin candle , bookmark and the book The Hound of Baskerville, I have never read it so I am looking forward to reading it. Oh I almost forgot leaved and pine cones from Maryland, great for my Fall displays.
Thank you so much Kate it was all wonderful, you spoiled me! I truly enjoyed being your partner.
Thank you again Julie for another great Halloween Swap.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

750 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
750 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2023 :  6:45:44 PM  Show Profile
[IMG]http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2023/10/IMG_0965.jpg?v=82163479[/IMG

Karen I received my trick or treat package this evening! Thank you ! I love the table runner and basket ( which is filled already) , the grand kiddos helped with the candy and the socks are so cute! Thanks for being my swap partner.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

750 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
750 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2023 :  6:46:28 PM  Show Profile

Farmgirl Hugs,
Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

335 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
335 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2023 :  7:07:15 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, I am glad you like the tile, I got it at a craft fair and thought it looked like old vintage style you said you liked. Julie thanks for doing the swap. Farmgirl love to all have a happy Trick or Treat !

VT Oma
Sheila
Farmgirl #5766

Go to Top of Page

katydid83
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kate
Upton MA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2023 :  05:31:33 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, I love that you opened your package by black light - spooky! I’m so glad you enjoyed the assortment. I had fun picking it all out!

Kate
Farmgirl Sister #8534
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Trick or Treat Swap-Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page