Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 My MaryJane's Stitching Room Book CAME!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My MaryJane's Stitching Room Book CAME!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  11:29:35 AM  Show Profile
I ordered mine today..told hubby that that was what i wanted for mother's day from him and the kids. So I'm anxiously awaiting it.:0)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

CFlohe
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Cheryl
Port Angeles WA
USA
169 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  09:42:19 AM  Show Profile
I just love MaryJane's new Stitching Room book! I read every page of it yesterday and really enjoyed it. I decided to try her directions for crocheting last night. I've never been able to get past the foundation chain on crocheting and that was even with a Crocheting for Dummies book or something like that! Well, I tried MaryJane's directions last night and even though I still couldn't get the part where you turn it after the foundation chain and start a row I was inspired and determined enough to find a way to learn so I tried a crochet tutorial online that I've tried before but this time I think I got it! After it looked like it might have finally clicked for me I started a simple dishcloth and after the first 3 rows I still have 35 stitches! This might all seem silly to some of you but I've tried to learn this for years. Thank you Mary Jane! Now I can attempt some of the projects in your book. I also want to try tatting, never would have thought I'd try that but your directions make it look easy enough for someone like me to learn.
Cheryl

cheryls-life-at-the-farm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  09:45:03 AM  Show Profile
Mine came today! And, best yet, it was waiting on my front porch when I came home from the thrift store with a bag full of 1/2-off cotton workshirts to be repurposed for sewing projects!
Oh happy day!!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  11:29:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad to hear the review of the crochet instructions.! I can knit, but I don't know how to crochet, and I want to learn - I'm excited to try. I have these visions of lovely crocheted edges on pillowcases, skirts... oh, the list is endless!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

CFlohe
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Cheryl
Port Angeles WA
USA
169 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  06:40:38 AM  Show Profile
I really thought I'd never learn how to crochet. After I finally figured it out the other day after I got my MaryJanes Stitchery Room book I finished one dishcloth and started another one. I like them alot more than dishcloths I've knitted. Like you Libbie I can't wait to start making lots of other crocheted items.
Cheryl

cheryls-life-at-the-farm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  5:33:42 PM  Show Profile
How very exciting!!!!! I just received my MaryJane's Stitching Room book today! It came sooooo fast! Signed to...priceless. I love the Yo Yo pages!!!! Just learning how to make them! Now I need to go sit in my little vintage trailer and dream away! THANK YOU BUNCHES MaryJane!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever"
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  06:43:06 AM  Show Profile
WOW! That's what I'm saying to describe this book. I got it yesterday but had so much going on that I didn't get to look at it until late last night and finished looking early this morning. This is a wonderful book. I think I may order a couple more for my daughters. And I received the latest magazine too.
Haven't had much chance to look at that but if it's anything like the book I'm sure I'll be back ordering the rest.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  06:59:24 AM  Show Profile
Denise,
I love the book too. Did you get a new magazine or the stitching one that they show on the site?
Merle
Go to Top of Page

Norma
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Norma
Texarkana AR
USA
45 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  2:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Norma's MSN Messenger address

Hello Everyone! I received my book on Monday, along with my box of Farmgirl notecards. The box was sitting by the back gate, thankfully, because if they'd put it inside the gate, my little pot-bellied pig, Willie, would probably have opened it himself!!

To everyone at MJF, you have done ANOTHER OUTSTANDING job of producing an absolutely beautiful book! Everything about it is perfect -- the photography, the instructions, the stories....everything! And those notecards are really great as well! My farmgirl hat's off to you all!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Hugs,
Norma
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  09:47:44 AM  Show Profile
Yeahhhhhhhh!
my MJF book came on Wednesday.......& signed no less!
When I got home from work very late last night....I could not resist peeking through it....
How cooooool.
Thanx to Theresa for handleing my order & her good sence of humor.....
Luv the book & staff over @ MJF.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CutiePatootieFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Tess
Vancouver WA
USA
75 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  10:40:19 AM  Show Profile
You're welcome Grace! It was such a pleasure getting to talk to you!

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  4:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Guess what I got for Mother's Day? You guessed right...YeaH!!!!!!Even took it to the soccer tournament today! What a great book. I cannot wait to start on some new things. I even got my own copy of the first book. Well, I guess the library copy can go visit other homes now!!! Sometimes my husband knows just the right thing for me!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic My MaryJane's Stitching Room Book CAME!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page