Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Quirks That Make Us Who We Are
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Quirks That Make Us Who We Are Next Topic
Page: of 3

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  1:09:28 PM  Show Profile
Buttercup, I forgot about the sandwich thing. I do that, too! I eat the bottom crust first because it's the yuckiest, then the sides, then the top and the rest of the sandwich. I also heard the exact same quote from my family as a kid and even from my hubby about it all going to the same place. It has nothing to do with where it goes it's all about how it tastes!

How enlightening to know I'm not the only one.

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  7:17:07 PM  Show Profile
Since we all have such similar behaviors, I'm thinking that we are absolutely normal and anyone who DOESN"T do these things are the quirky ones!

I've learned that it takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  7:21:31 PM  Show Profile
When I eat toast I save those little foldy spots on the sides for last..since they are best. Always have.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  8:34:24 PM  Show Profile
Well when I sit I shake one of my legs up and down. I bothers DH to no end. I also have to feel fabric. When I fold clean laundry I like to feel the silky stuff between my fingers as well as some of the cotton items like pillow cases. Or if I have to readjust the linen closet I stand there for a few extra seconds to feel the sheets and linens. I wash my hands constantly. I keep some lotion under the kitchen sink so I don't dry my hands out. I never eat the heal ends of any bread loaf. All my machine embroidery thread needs to be in color order (I have over 500 colors) I have to check if the alarm clock is set right at least three times before bed even reseting the alarm time over if necessary. My daughter never drinks the last 10% of any drink. She wants me to dump it out and add fresh juice or soda. She doesn't like her food touching and has to have them in separate plates. Her cup is always to the upper left of her plate and it has to touch the edge of the plate when not in use. I guess she is just as quirky as I am.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  11:23:52 PM  Show Profile
I have to agree with Sandy(ponyexpress), We are the normal ones.....& the "quirkless" or should I say "quirk challenged" are the not normal ones!
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  06:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, You're right about the foldy spots on bread! lol! That just jogged another quirk. It's especially good if it's toasted and the butter collected in the fold and when you bite in, just yummy!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  3:17:41 PM  Show Profile
oh yes!! talking about the senses! ( touching..)
I have to SMELL everything..
EVEN if someone say's "eeeewwwww.. that smells bad.." i say give it here!! let me decide!

ugh!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  6:26:52 PM  Show Profile
One more:

Can't stand twisted shoelaces. They must lay flat.

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  09:04:06 AM  Show Profile
Did I mention that I NEED to have the ties on things - like aprons or dresses or the like - ironed? Ribbons, too. I just CANNOT abide wrinkly bows...

And, Teddie - yep - I straighten out shoelaces, too!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Quirks That Make Us Who We Are Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page