Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Towels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Towels Next Topic  

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  6:26:22 PM  Show Profile
I ordered four of the Mary Janes towels (three yellow and one blue) and received them in the mail yesterday. These are awesome!!! I was so excited to use them that I took a bath soon after they arrived and just loved drying off with one. They are big and fluffy and oh so absorbent. If you are wanting to save a little money they are on sale on Belk.com for $7.99 each. I haven't bought new towels for six years (when we were first married) so it was fun to splurge!
One question, is there going to be a line of kitchen towels? I would love to see those sometime!!!
-Elizabeth

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  6:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Elizabeth-

I haven't ordered my MaryJane's towels yet, but all the reviews of them have been just glowing! I am sure that they are amazing so I am slightly jealous! ;) I bet they will last a long time and give you tons of wonderful baths! Enjoy yours extra for me until I get mine, ok?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  03:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I really cant say enough about these towels...we now have a dozen I believe! They are just lovely!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  08:12:37 AM  Show Profile
I bought some of MaryJane's towels a couple of weeks ago. I really loved them. Then 3 or 4 days ago my husband says where did you get these towels? I thought oh no he doesn't like them. Just the opposite,he really likes them too.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  11:09:14 AM  Show Profile
I ordered one when I ordered the stitching book..I can hardly wait. I KNOW I will be ordering more. I love the colors too!! I just ordered one khaki bath towel to try them out. It will be MY towel until we get more..hehheee

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  07:22:08 AM  Show Profile
I'm so excited about the linens, too - I don't have any yet, but I'm saving up! It's great to hear the reviews! Now I know for SURE to add the towels to my budget...

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  09:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh my...I got my one towel I ordered to try them out..and I am sold on them...wonderful and perfectly soft and absorbent...I LOVE them! Will be getting more for sure!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  12:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How exciting to get the towel Aunt Jenny! I can't wait till I can order mine! My mom really enjoys good towels so I hope to be able to buy her one or two sometime soon as well. Think what a great gift they are for all the women in our lives!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  9:02:16 PM  Show Profile
I just ordered some towels and a braided rug in blue and yellow (add that to the white sheet set my best girlfriend gave me for my birthday and I in bliss!!!)I love the sheets because they are really crisp- the lace on them is so pretty and I like how the pillow cases fold over on the ends instead of hanging open(I am sure there is a better description of this) The best part is the gorgeous box the sheets come in, I am using mine to store my garden journal, budgeting notebook and calendar on my dresser.
My sweet hubby even got me a pair of miss Wilma's heavy linen pillows for a birthday surprise...they are works of art;_)

These are my first 'new' (as in not from goodwill) home items in a while and they were well worth the wait.
Rebekks

Nature does not ask permission. Blossom and birth whenever you feel like it!

Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9341 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9341 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  5:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth,
I just ordered some of Mary Jane's towels from Belk too.
Can't wait to get them and try them out. They sound wonderful and everyone seems so pleased with them.
Denise

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  10:18:28 PM  Show Profile
I was just looking at the towels again, myself - and aren't the colors wonderful?!?! I have my eye on the sage or just plain white. My bathroom is a light "celadon" green and white, and a combination might just be perfect!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  4:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Hooray! my rug and towels arrived today and I was so surprised. I have purchased other organic towels in the past and these are at least twice as fluffy, I can't wait to see how they wash up. The rug is also sooo soft and the colors are rich- which I guess I did not expect from a pastel palette, beautiful. Libbie- did you get the green and white, I did and you will LOVE them! Let me know what you other girls are getting and how you like it- I am thinking about the posy bedding set now- maybe for Christmas;)
Rebekka

Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  10:08:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh I just can't wait until I have can at least one towel. I'm saving my change for new towels. I did see Patricia's when I was at her house and it felt wonderful! After the towels comes a set of sheets.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  08:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Congrats on your new items Rebekka! I bet you are just loving bath time right now!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  09:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Wanted to let you all know I got a Belks flyer in the mail today and ALL towels etc are on sale this weekend...time to check it out~

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  12:40:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited for you all! I haven't ordered the green and white towels yet, but they're on my "budget" list, and I just love to hear the great reviews!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:15:57 PM  Show Profile
My light-bulb moment for the month...possibly the year;)
I just finished my Christmas shopping for my extended family by ordering towel sets for all of them (if you are one of these people no- you cannot have them early;)!!! What a relief to find something luxurious and earth friendly...plus I know they will all truly appreciate them (As a huge bonus I spent much less than what we usually spend for 12 people- and we are on a meager budget to begin with).
Now I am going to buy some handmade soap from Orchard Farm down the road and I can kick back to wait for gift wrapping time!

Rebekka

Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:46:25 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful idea for hard to shop for people...and heck...EVERYONE needs towels!! These are the best towels I have felt and used...I am going to copy your idea Rebekka..I think I will order a couple each month until the holidays to have on hand (if I can bear to part with them..haha)
I LOVE Kay's (therusticcottage)linen spray too..that would be a fun thing to include for the gals.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  05:52:25 AM  Show Profile
Ok......you've all sold me on the towels and I am placing an order at belks.com this morning!! Although after looking at all of MaryJane's stuff I might have to get more than just the towels!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  08:15:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a great idea! My family draws names out of a hat, so we only buy presents for one person. I hope I get my mom or my sisters this year. I would love to spoil them with some organic towels, and some super special bath products! How fun!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Towels Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page