Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 MaryJane Book Signing at Past Blessings Show!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane Book Signing at Past Blessings Show! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  5:45:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! I am so excited to announce that MaryJane will be doing a book signing of her new book at our antique show on Saturday, May 19th at 1 pm in Fairfield, WA! I know you all want her new book anyway, so now you can not only purchase it at our show, but also have her sign it! Hope to see you all there!

Hugs & blessings!

Brenda
Past Blessings Antique Show

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  5:59:02 PM  Show Profile
How may hours would that be from cental coast of CA? I wanna come!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  9:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like fun Brenda!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  6:38:22 PM  Show Profile
Mima . . . it's not about the hours! It's about the fun! LOL! Wish you could work it out and pop over here! It would be fun to have some farmgirls from far away come!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  10:15:46 AM  Show Profile
Mima...it's a beautiful drive....
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  12:39:03 PM  Show Profile
. . . and the farmgirls are beautiful too! Are we helping persuade you yet?! LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  2:05:59 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Us Idaho City Mountain Farmgirls are so excited to be able to get a signed copy of her new book not to mention the opportunity to meet Mary Jane herself. We hope to make new friends and have a great time also. We even took an extra day off work just in case we might get a chance to visit Mary Janes farm but we understand how hard it can be to have people dropping in any old time so we will respect the need for order but we will still be able to make contact. How exciting this is!
We are gearing up since this is not too far off. We have been incredibly busy with our chapter, whose numbers have grown to 10 and yet more to come this week. We are having weekly meetings for now so we can start to get things going and we have such a wonderful group of strong, talented and independant women with more interested in joining every day.
See you all there!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  10:02:06 PM  Show Profile
Mima...you are probably at least 16 hours away...depending on what you call the central coast. I am originally from Grass Valley, Paradise, Chico areas. It takes about 16 hours from there to here. When I have driven the trip I drove half way and then spent the night in Oregon. I cannot drive 16 hours straight...to afraid of falling asleep. But if you are coming with friends...it would be a fun road trip. If you have more than one driver you can take a long day to do the trip. Of course, if you want to make stops along the way...well then this is another story.

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  05:25:27 AM  Show Profile
You guys are all too sweet! Hmmmm....lots to think about!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  09:57:43 AM  Show Profile
How late is the show open on Saturday? We're stopping by on the way back from Kalispell, MT and want to make sure we get there in plenty of time!

www.annarosetta.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  9:26:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kay,
It ends at 4 on Saturday . . . better get an early start so you have time to shop! Any chance you could leave a day earlier? Then you can shop longer and get to see MaryJane on Saturday! Just a thought.

Hugs & blessings!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  07:00:16 AM  Show Profile
My SIL's graduation is on Friday so we can't leave until Saturday. But we're leaving bright and early and hope to be in Fairfield by 1. Can't wait!

Visit my Etsy shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com OR www.annarosetta.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  9:33:35 PM  Show Profile
I WANT TO GO!!!!! You all will absolutely HAVE to post photos and write about it for those of us who won't be able to make it. It sounds like so much fun, Brenda - HOORAY!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  06:47:04 AM  Show Profile
Kay, I hope you make it on time so you can see MaryJane too! Libbie, I wish you could come too! I'd love to meet the girl behind the great posts!! We have hired a photographer to take photos throughout the show. I will post some once it is done. Wish everyone could come . . . we'd have a Farmgirl Convention!

Hugs & Blessings . . .

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  07:15:31 AM  Show Profile
Okay, just double checking time and place. This should be a lot of fun!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  8:33:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm still envious...does it "count" if I'm there in spirit???? You all are going to have a WONDERFUL time! How could a group of farmgirls NOT have a great time?!?!?!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  10:19:22 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Libbie, it counts. I'll be storing it all up to tell you about. I just baked up a bunch of huckleberry muffins, and I'm deciding which wine to bring for a picnic. Just in case. Picking out my dress and hat, and wishing I'd finished making the apron still laying in pieces on my sewing machine. Now I think I'd better finish up and scoot, or I'll miss the fun. Thinking of all of you!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  4:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my smile muscles hurt! Libbie, you were there in spirit! And so many others too! We certainly did chat about y'all. I should have gone sooner, there was so much to see I nearly whiplashed myself, and so many wonderful, smiling people to talk with. It was a lovely day. Of course I came home with treasures, and the best ones are the memories of all the kind words, smiling eyes, and good people. Wow. Wow.

Thank you so much Brenda, for putting this on! And thank you MaryJane for the books, all the good you do, (this list could get so long)... Thanks so very much. What a treat of a day. Wow.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  4:49:52 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to let you all know that Rose and I made it back home safe. The drive back was MUCH easier than when we were trying to find our way there.

Brenda, it was just wonderful to meet you, finally, and all the other farmgirls, too. I can't help but say that meeting Mary Jane and Carol was just the absolute highlight of the weekend. It was the equivalent of a teenager meeting their favorite rock star! I'm still on cloud nine. For those of you who have never met them: Mary Jane and Carol are wonderfully positive, upbeat, encouraging, openly honest, REAL women. I feel very honored to have met and chatted with them.

Michelle, I'm so sorry I missed you! I was hoping to run into you at some point Saturday. We had our Mountain Farmgirls banner toward the back of our space, (not really all that visible) but in the hopes that all other farmgirls would see it and introduce themselves. Alee, did you make it? I was hoping to meet you there Saturday as well.

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  6:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa-

I am so sorry, but Nora and I just couldn't get out of town. I was really disappointed but maybe next time! It sounds like it was a wonderful weekend.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  7:35:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Lisa! I'm so bad at introducing myself, I really need to get better at that. Were you right next to the lavendar, and had those lovely gourd bowls? I need to make a "Hello my name is" card out of the wonderful farmgirl with the raspberry cards...I know someone here posted a picture and address where we could order them. Anyway, they would make great little personal banners and help folks like me who don't get "off the farm" enough to break the ice and start enjoying. I had too little time and so many people I wanted to visit with. I'll have to get to the next place earlier and be more graceful about chatting with everyone..MJ manages to do it so well, what an inspiration. I hope you did well at the show.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  8:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Michelle, that was me with the gourd bowls. I didn't do well at the show. Mary Jane was my only customer! But that fact alone made my weekend. At least I didn't come back home in the hole. The show wasn't as big as I had expected, but live and learn. I did get much needed exposure and MJ assured me that was important and to just be patient. She told me an inspiring story about a man she knew that used to work on the farm who now makes very special jewelry for a LIVING. She said it took him a while, but he got there.

I have lots of patience. I will probably go to other shows closer to home until my sales and recognition improve. Who knows? I might do as well as the man in MJ's story someday!

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  07:14:56 AM  Show Profile
OH, Lisa, I'm sorry. They are really pretty bowls, and I'm glad MaryJane had a chat with you. You do have lovely things! I'm sure you'll do better all of the next times ahead...the weather wasn't as gorgeous as it should have been, and that can make a big difference. Let us know about your other shows!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  07:49:24 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Michelle. I really appreciate all the support and encouragement I get from all you farmgirls and my friends here at home. It really makes a difference when one gets to wondering if one should continue to do this kind of stuff.

My husband was telling me about some super big show they have in Baker, OR on Memorial Day weekend. It's too late for me to get into this year's show, but I plan to look into it for next year.

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  07:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, do you have a blog where we could see you items? I would like to see them. MaryBeth

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  08:21:12 AM  Show Profile
I don't have a blog. I'm not even sure what a blog is! I have pictures saved on my computer. I know how to email them, but I have yet to learn how to post pics on any website, like this one.

My friend, Rose, wants me to post them on our farmgirl website which is currently under construction. I plan to take pictures of them individually next weekend and send them to our site host to do what ever it is he does to get them on our site.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane Book Signing at Past Blessings Show! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page