Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 MaryJane Book Signing at Past Blessings Show!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane Book Signing at Past Blessings Show! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  08:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa-

A blog is a online journal. They have become very popular in the last 7 years or so. I think one popular blog host is www.blogspot.com

Another option would be to upload your pictures to www.photobucket.com . Photobucket automatically creates an online photo album with it's own url address. You could then give us that URL address so we could view your crafts! :)

If you are interested in either of those ways and need help, feel free to email me and I will do my best!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  08:37:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee. I will go to those sites later today and try to do just that! I took the day off work to recoup after the trip and I have a lot of chores to get done first. I'll get back to you gals later.

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  09:11:49 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone! Glad to hear about the fun times had at our Antique Show. It was an interesting weekend to say the least . . . we stayed in our 5th wheel and on Friday night the thunder, lightening and rain was awful. I looked out to see the canopy of our poor Jr. League ladies Cookbook stand completely collapsed and the merchandise of those without shelters being soaked. In the morning the rain finally stopped but the wind was terrible, so that did keep number down. But we all still had fun and many vendors did great. My buddies Daphne and Joy (Gathered Goods . . . from Forget-Me-Nots in Coeur d'Alene said this was their best show ever financially . . . they were selling primitives and that seemed to be really hot this year!)

MaryJane was definitely a highlight and I enjoyed meeting you farmgirls. We had a professional photographer and so I will post some great pics later. The bluegrass music was also so enjoyable . . . I had my booth in the big tent, so I could hear it and enjoyed it so. Over in the grange, along with more great antiques, Four Corners Bakery, of Otis Orchards, was a huge hit . . . my dear hubbie brought me back a brownie covered in icecream then smothered with hot fudge and chocolate chips. I was in heaven! The fall show will definitely be bigger and better . . . we already have more vendors lining up and ideas for other things to add (more info. to come!). Plus Fall shows are always much bigger than spring . . . I think everyone is into the "nesting" mentality in the fall and want to gather up things to beautify their homes.

Well, anyway thanks to all who attended. I do hope you had fun . . . loved the muffins, Michelle and I know MaryJane was thrilled to get the Huckleberry wine . . . she made sure we guarded it when she went shopping! LOL! I had a book for sale called "Brenda Starr" (from the old Brenda Starr comics) and so Mary Jane signed my book "to our own Farmgirl Starr . . .) It was a fun weekend (well maybe not the clean up!) and I do hope more of you can make it to the September show (Sept. 21 and 22).

With love and blessings . . .

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  10:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Brenda-

Oh I wish I had been able to make it, but I will most certainly come to the fall show unless disaster strikes. Could you send me vendor information for the fall? I might try my hand at a few projects if my sewing skills get better this summer and if I can get my soaps, lotions, and cleaning supplies done in time :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  10:43:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alee,
Please email me at PastBlessing@comcast.net. and then once I get the fall contracts ready I will send you the info. It should be within the week. Thanks so much! I think you will have a lot of fun at the show!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  9:54:11 PM  Show Profile
The Show sounds like it was absolutely wonderful - but, again, how could a farmgirl get-together of any kind be anything but incredible! I love to read the descriptions of what the show was like - and the one in September will be just so much fun, too, I'm sure! I just wish I lived closer!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  7:04:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda & Michelle,
It sounds like inspite of 'mother nature' it was a wonderful time was had by one & all.....
The bad news is, I was not able to attend, but the good news is, we received & accepted an offer on our house, so unless something falls through, not only will I be a resident of Spokane, but I will be "shopping" in September @ the show....so save me some Huckleberry wine, muffins & I want a 'gourd bird house', hint hint.(lisamarie).
On a craft show an artist showed her gourd creations, as birdhouses & decorative elements. I was so inspired that I planted gourd seeds, and had a whooping harvest of 2 small gourds! Needless to say, I never did do anything with them, I'll stick to buying & let the true artists do the creating... LOL!
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 22 2007 7:05:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  08:04:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Grace,
So happy your house has sold! Please let me know when you come to Spokane . . . I'd love to have you over for tea or lunch or whatever. I officially head the Spokane Valley Farmgirls Chapter though it so far hasn't amounted to much, but maybe you could join when you arrive . . . for right now we are combining with the Post Falls Farmgirls. It will be good to have another Farmgirl in the area!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  7:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey farmgirls, I have post a couple of photos that I took at the Past Blessings Show. I did fine with my sales. Stayed quite busy in fact too busy to do very much visiting. I did get a break to go down to the tent to see MaryJane, buy and book and get it signed.
So check out my blog to see the photo of me, Brenda and MaryJane in the tent.
MJ did not make it to my booth in the grange though as we closed before she got there...this was dissappointing. I guess she did alot of visiting in the park.
I enjoyed Joy and Daphne from Gathered Goods. I will post soon on what I bought from them.
I also met Michelle, Huckleberrywine. Very nice lady and she bought a table and chairs from me...this was great! Thanks Michelle. She also brought us some muffins...oh so good. We scarfed them down in nothin' flat!
Even though the weather was not the best I still had fun...very tired though. This moving stuff is hard on an ol' famrgirl!
Thanks, too, Brenda, for all of your hard work. You are such a sweetheart and I pray God's "Blessings" on you and Ron! I am honored to know you and call you my friend.

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  5:24:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Pamela,
So glad you had fun . . . you are right it is a lot of work . . . we spent most of Sunday hauling off a truck load of garbage! Amazing how much garbage mankind can create when there is food involved. LOL! I got the pics from out photographer, so am anxious to post. Can't wait until September!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  9:21:20 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
if all goes according to plan,,,we will fly up around mid June to look for a special humble home for us. I will e-mail ya to let ya know exactly when we are coming up & yes, lets do tea & scones.
Count me in as a member of the Spokane Valley Farmgirls Chapter....
I am absolutly giddy with joy to be blessed with the next chapter in our lives.
After all, as the saying goes, It's not the destination,,,it's the journey.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  08:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Grace, that is just around the corner! How time flies. So exciting to have you come up to "our neck of the woods". You'll just love it here. By the way, there is a cute little tudor for sale in my town... :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  10:52:22 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to meet you in person Grace! You will love it here and will fit right in with the Farmgirls! We have two cats too, so you should feel right at home. I don't have them call me mom though . . . LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  10:14:00 PM  Show Profile
I am making plans to fly up to Spokane Friday 6/8 & ret 6/12...
Michell, I saw a vintage brick Tudor for sale, price was very good, but it is just to far from our daughter's house that they are in escrow with(& it only had 1 1/2 bathrooms). That being said we keep coming back (computer wise) to a house in Medical Lake that is on 4.75 acres and is 7miles (12-14min drive) from the house our daughter is buying.
So we want to check it out & maybe put an offer in on the house we like. We will be cash buyers, I don't want to be tied into a motagage if we don't have to.
I'll let you & Brenda know for sure the date we are coming up. Maybe I can sneak away & meet up with you both for tea & scones or coffee & pastries.
I am SOOOOOO excited, except for the part of the move that involves 4 cats, 1 litter box & 2 humans in a mini motorhome!!!!!!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 29 2007 10:33:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  08:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Darn! You are coming up just as I am leaving to got Wyoming for 2 weeks! I guess we will have to meet once you move here, Grace. I hope your house hunting goes great!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  12:48:20 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry, Grace. I probably won't make it to the one in September. Our chapter is doing an old fashioned fair the weekend of the 22nd with judging of baked goods, sewing, produce, etc. Antique vendors and arts & craft vendors, dunk tank, local musicians, horseshoe championship, sack races and whatever else we come up with.

And MJ is visiting our town on another weekend in September. Plus our Farmgirl Market. So it looks like that month is already fully booked.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't make birdhouses. I simply coil pine needles onto the gourds to make baskets and bowls. I thought about making a pine needle birdhouse and bee skep but I'm still having so much fun with the baskets and bowls that I haven't gotten to those yet!

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  1:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey Lisamarie,
Sounds like you are gonna be really busy, good for you!
I went ahead & planted some gourds this year, before I knew for sure we would be moving. The plants are pretty good sized but no blossoms yet. Hopefully the new buyers of our house will mail up 1 or 2 of the gourds to me so I can dry/wash/sand & deco pait it as a keepsake from Moorpark.
I guess I will have to come visit you at one of your other craft shows. I still want a "lisamarie origional"
Well guess I had get back to work, I have to run over to the City printshop & go over a draft with them. oh joy.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 30 2007 1:46:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  3:44:25 PM  Show Profile
As far as craft shows, I'll probably be staying within a 4 hour drive from here. At least for now. As soon as I get the money for a digital camera (so I don't have to keep borrowing Rose's) I'll list my stuff for sale on my blog. So, someday soon (I hope before summer's end), you'll have a chance to buy one, if you like. Thanks so much for the encouragement. And have a good move!

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  4:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh My oh My! It looks like September is going to be a busy month! I really hope it works out that I can make it to the show! With my wedding date having to be moved to mid-September it might be tight! We have to drive to Wyoming, get married, leave the dog and baby with my family for a few days for a honeymoon (yikes! leave the baby?!) fly back to Wyoming from Vegas! and then drive back to Idaho! We might just be able to fit it all in!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  9:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey Alee,
CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding neptuls....
May you hearts, home & family be filled with love.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 30 2007 9:39:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  10:00:34 AM  Show Profile
Maybe we could do a wedding reception in the park at the antique show?!! LOL! It would certainly be something different than all the other shows! Congratulations. I do hope it all works out and wish you only the most happiness.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  2:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Brenda!

:)

Alee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane Book Signing at Past Blessings Show! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page