Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Patterns Next Topic  

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  2:00:18 PM  Show Profile
Maybe a silly Question...but here goes what is the best way to enlarge patterns. For instance I got the pattern from the budget mix tote, but you have to enlarge it 400%. I was going to take it to kinkos but wanted to make sure I don't waste thousands of peices of paper and hours straining my post baby mind. Help.. give clarity please!

" Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler " -Henry David Thoreau

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  2:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
kinkos usually has a big machine that architects use ask the cashier for help they should know how to do it.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  4:56:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sunshine. I probably should have mentioned that I am new to sewing maybe I would be a little less silly then. Thanks for shedding light.

Mandi

" Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler " -Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  5:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Mandi-

You aren't silly! I am new to sewing too! It is always good to ask questions- it saves on frustration later!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  6:59:53 PM  Show Profile
That's right - and there are really no "dumb questions", only dumb mistakes from not asking questions first.
This is a good place to ask questions as everyone likes to help.
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  05:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies you are all very kind. I am going to Kinkos tommorrow after I chaperone my son's fieldtrip to alligator world ( If I survive with my sanity intact)(I don't think there is a smiley face to display how I feel about 26 6 year olds with over a hundred alligators) and jumping right in to Apron making wish me luck!

Mandi

Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  5:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Mandi,
If you can survive 26 6 yr olds with 100 alligators you can certainly survive the Apron. You might even find it relaxing to sew with only your own family to occasionally bother you. :) The field trip made me smile and remember when with my 4 kids. (((hugs))) for being a good Mom who goes with her kids on field trips!!!!

Good luck on the apron.
TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  7:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Alligator World?! I think you just gave ME a few white hairs!

Let us know how the apron goes!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  7:27:30 PM  Show Profile
ALLIGATOR WORLD?!?!?! I'm not going to be able to sleep until I know how that field trip was - I don't know - maybe it will be the alligators who are scared?!?! 26 6-year-olds could be a handful! I can't wait until my boys are old enough to have field trips and school volunteers and things like that. What lucky kids you have!

And, I agree - after alligator world, this apron is going to be a piece of cake!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  03:08:20 AM  Show Profile
Alligator world? Yikes!! I'm sitting on pins and needles to find out how your trip went!!

How did the Kinko's trip work out?

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  06:28:16 AM  Show Profile
You are one brave girl, my kid's field trips consisted of the Post office and Dominoes Pizza! Good luck and have fun?
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  09:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Simple Sewing By Lotta Jansdotter has patterns and instructions excellent book for beginners or anyone there is also aprons in it. Can be ordered at Amazon
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  12:19:29 PM  Show Profile
Please tell how the trip to alligator world went.

I found the apron pattern with the budget mix to go very easily. Use wide seam binding and it will go very easily for you.

I like that new book out, too, cinnaomgirl. I keep picking up these sewing books for my daughter and myself. I bring them in to show the Fashio Creations teacher so she has ideas for the class. I am just so pleased to see so many sewing books out now. When I started 15 years ago, there was only Simplicity's Sewing Basic book.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  1:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Alligator Adventure was an adventure. Let's just say Spring is alive and well here! " Look Riley's Mom they're wrestling! " " Yes hun isn't it sweet. Let's keep moving! " It was mating season at Alligator World! I have never seen so many Alligators before in my life. There were hundreds! One was over 20 feet long ! IT was Huge! The kids had a blast. My group were angels except for this one little boy that keep disappearing. He almost gave me a coronary a couple of times! They were so much fun, but forget a glass of wine I could use a bottle! I'll be saying their names in my sleep! The best part was when my son said "thanks so much for coming mommy. Did you have fun?" I keep thinking soon he won't want me around. I'm glad I went.

As for the Apron that was so cool at Kinkos. I must be simple. I had to go down the street and show my girlfriend my big piece of paper with my apron pattern on it. I might be back with some(alot) of questions.

If your in Myrtle Beach check out Alligator Adventure it's unbelievable.

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  1:55:01 PM  Show Profile
Your adventure sounds hilarious!! Great job on the apron pattern too!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  7:32:19 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it great when you get the simple, gorgeous rewards of parenthood, like, "Thanks so much for coming mommy...?!?!" That is so sweet - and I'm sure it made the entire Alligator World adventure worthwhile. WOW! I just checked out the site - did you see "UTAN - world's largest crocodile?!" That about makes my knees buckle. That's a hoot that it was...ahem...springtime for the alligators! My son comments occasionally that the rooster is having "rodeos" with his hens, too. Too funny!!! I can't wait to go "up north" to Salt Lake City where there's a Kinkos - I have a couple of apron patterns that I want one one big piece of paper, too!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes

Edited by - Libbie on Apr 19 2007 7:38:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  09:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Our Copy Max closed and I have one MJF apron pattern left to enlarge. I will have to do a search for a Kinkos i nthe Scranton area. Thanks for the tip on the location for the enlargement.

As for Alligator World, what a hoot about the time of year!! Very amusing to me. Kids are so curious. I am so glad I did not have to answer any of those questions about the "wrestling". And how sweet of your son to tell you how much it meant for you to go with him. My daughter asked me to go on a high school field trip with her sewing class. It is so nice to be wanted.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  09:48:58 AM  Show Profile
It was wonderful. He loves it when I participate and cries when I don't. I hope when he is in highschool he'll still feel the same way minus the crying of course! I envy you Clare. Of course I still loved it when my parents helped out so maybe there is hope. Are boys different?
Utan was amazing, huge. I am torn when I go to these places socially, envirmentally etc. But when I see something like Utan I always wonder where else would he be safe? Certainly not on a golf course around here. the world is so small for animals now. But I guess that is a more serious topic than I was going for with the aprons. I digress.
I can't wait to start the pattern, I'll let everyone know if I get it rightside out ect.!

Edited by - threebusybees on Apr 20 2007 09:53:00 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Patterns Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page