owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  09:54:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm hoping to open my etsy shop soon, but I have a question. How do you personalize the site with the banner with your shop name. I see where you can download a banner on the site, but how do I find a banner in the first place. Oh, I am soooo computer challenged when it comes to downloading stuff and inserting it somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at all your etsy sites, and they look so nice personalized. My next big challenge with be how to post the pictures of my items. I'm a basically intelligent person, but when it comes to this stuff...yikes! (I hope I didn't ask something that's already been addressed here)

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  12:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Once you are in "your shop", the admin section. Check on the lower left hand side for "appearance" under Shop Setup. Click the appearance link. Then, the second are down is where you can download a banner from your hard drive. It needs to be already formatted and the correct width that they specify.

Hope this helps.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

Visit me anytime at my blog:
www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  10:13:54 AM  Show Profile
Eren, I saw the "appearance" section on the etsy site, but here's the dumb question...where can I find a banner to download onto my hard drive to download onto my etsy site?
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  1:10:53 PM  Show Profile
You have to design your own banner. Lots of people sell banner design for around 5-10$ on etsy. I designed my own but if you don't know much about computers it would be difficult.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile
I just grabbed a bunch of stuff from my craft room, arranged it on some fabric, snapped a few digital pictures and then worked with it on etsy until I got it the way I liked it. I am sure there must be an easier way, but this worked for me. :)

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  5:59:29 PM  Show Profile
I did my banner as a standard clip art image and text in Word. I had to play with the font size until I got it the approximate banner size. Then I saved it as a .jpg file.

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

Now Open!: http://shadetreestudios.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  08:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, I haven't been online for a few days, but I wanted to thank you ladies for the ideas. I'll be working on this now that I have a few directions to follow.
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic etsy site design question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page