Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  3:23:10 PM  Show Profile
Wanted to share this really nice website with the moms here that have daughters.
It is a really nice concept and has items to include in a hope chest, etc.
The website is called "Hope Chest Legacy"

http://www.hopechestlegacy.com/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=ed5277ca095c002a8dcb6c27336b1316

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  3:26:25 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful site! Thanks. I have two daughters. Maybe someday they'll need things for a hopechest! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  02:39:33 AM  Show Profile
Tina, that is a wonderful site! Thanks for sharing it!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  04:55:45 AM  Show Profile
My grandmother gave me a small trunk when I was very young to use as my hope chest. It belonged to my great grandmother, I just moved it into my cabin Sunday. You don't hear much about hope chests any more, it's sad huh?
~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  05:22:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting that site. I have been to it before but did not bookmark it and could not remember the site address.
I have my grandmother's hope chest. I was named for her so when she passed away my grandfather gave it to me and said she meant for me to have it. It is all cedar inside and matches her bedroom suite which I also have now.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  05:54:09 AM  Show Profile
What a lovely site full of wonderful ideas. It's never too late to start something like this!
Thank you for the link!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  08:09:38 AM  Show Profile
you all are very welcome..I knew that you gals would appreciate the idea.:0)

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  09:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a great site and a wonderful tradition to revive!

I am named (my middle name) after my Great Great Aunt Nora who willed me her hope chest along with a now over 100 year old quilt when she died. I didn't fill my hope chest with linens and such, but I am hoping to do so for my daughter- Nora!

I think some of these "old" traditions that have been lost along the way really need to be revived. I know it is a more common place tradition these days to give very lavish wedding presents and that sort of takes place of the hope chest, but having a set of linens, towels, kitchen supplies, and hand towels is not only something special that moms and daughters can share- but extremely practical!

Have you ever noticed how most of the olden traditions were extremely practical?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  11:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Tina,
How neat! Thank you so much!! I had a hope chest. My parents bought me a cedar chest when I turned 18 because I wanted one so badly. I did not make things but bought things for my furture life and it was over flowing by the time I got married!! I started buying things for my furture home/child when I was about 14 or 15. By the time I married at age 20 I had many of the bare necessities, but I never once thought to look it up online or check out books on the subject. Having two girls of my own it would be a wonderful tradition to share with them!! So thank you for reminding me!!! You are the best!
Hugz!
Talitha

PS My son still has a teddy bear that I bought for my first child when I was 16 and I still have the casserole dish set that I bought on sale at an outlet when I was 17 for my hope chest!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  11:14:00 PM  Show Profile
you are ever so welcome. I love finding little "nuggets" and getting to share them with others.:0)

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  12:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Tina, thanks thagt is great. My husband is making one for our daughter and I have lots of stuff ready for it. Great site.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  3:01:56 PM  Show Profile
That is such a neat site! The first year dh and I dated, for Christmas, he bought me a Hope Chest! I have had it for 24 years now and I have been filling it with wonderful things to pass on to our dd who is almost 20 now!!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic For Mothers of Daughters Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page