New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Madison, WI Info Please! Next Topic  

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  2:07:28 PM  Show Profile
So the husband and I are toying with the idea of moving to Madison, WI this year instead of waiting to find our land next year. We're thinking it might be a good idea to get an apartment in the actual city itself, that way he can get settled into a job and we can see if we really like it up there, etc. before we commit to buying something.

We've visted Madison several times over the years, and we know it offers what we want culturally, educationally, etc. But does anyone have "insider" info on the job situation, economy, cost of living, etc.?

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

Now Open!: http://shadetreestudios.etsy.com

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  2:16:23 PM  Show Profile
I dont have specific info. Only to say we love, love visiting Madison. Such a fun city.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

Visit me anytime at my blog:
www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  3:14:47 PM  Show Profile
I've been through Madison once - and all I know is that it's a lovely city - and a fun college place, too! I wish I knew more...

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  3:54:49 PM  Show Profile
I've been to Madison once. I loved it. Of course the weather was perfect in late May so we didn't really have much to complain about. The farmers market they have in the town square is awesome. I have friends that live there. They love it too, they are very outdoorsy, organic kind of people and they fit in just great there.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  5:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amanda- that sounds like a wise plan. If you are unsure of living there, renting an apartment instead of buying seems like a good compromise. Isn’t it kind of fun to have made the decision though? I hope you love the Madison area!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  7:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
I loved Madison too. Here is a link to a site that has job listings. http://www.madison.com/

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Madison, WI Info Please! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page