Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 New poster, long time lurker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic New poster, long time lurker Next Topic  

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  1:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello All,
I have been a lurker for a long time but now I am posting because I want to do swaps. I am from Greensboro NC - I do not have a farm yet but I am looking. I have 4 kids age 14-23. Oldest ia a son in grad school, Next is a 22yo son who is finding himself while living at home and working (good thing here is he works at PF Changs so free food!!), then a 19yo daughter in community college and 14 year old daughter in 9th grade. Had a husband, but he left to move in with a married woman with 4 kids in CA- a story best left for another day. I also have 3 dogs, 4 cats and 1 bearded dragon lizzard (they give no troubles-it's the 2 legged ones that kill me!). I teach computer prgramming at the same community college my daughter attends.

Now, GUESS WHAT?? I have no money (cause the charmer isn't sending any), well I have some money but it would be better spent elsewhere-like the grocery store, but yesterday I was riding by Belks and I said to myself "Oh, I'm going to go see the Mary Jane's stuff (I bet you can guess what I did). Well I just loved everything - it is so beautiful! I loved the comforter sets. Everything was on sale. The braided rugs were just great and all prices were good, even better on sale. I just had to get something so I picked up a wonderful yellow bath towel for about 8 bucks, then......I went to the other side of the dispay(BIG mistake). Do you know what I saw???? CHENILLE BEDSPREADS!!! I am a sucker for chenille and I love bedspreads. I was just telling my sister last week how I wanted a chenille bedspread, I was really hinting for my birthday in July. Well, she doen't have to look for one now because I bought the yellow one! I cleaned up my room and put it on today and it looks beautiful. It was just what I needed, they say man does not like by bread alone so I think I got a little lobster today! When I showed my 14yo she said, "Oh it looks so old fashined"--just what I was going for. I always remember them from my youth. I had one when we were 1st married (25 years ago!) but my husband hated it and never wanted another one, now I can get as many as I want, and I will get more. Good thing I got food in the freezer!
Take care everyone,
Merle

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  2:04:04 PM  Show Profile
It's nice to meet you!!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  2:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Whew! You just about wore me out. Welcome Merle. Glad you found your way to the forum. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  2:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Merle-

Welcome!

It sounds like you have a lot going on! Congrats on being able to get your chenille bedspread! You deserve to have some beauty in your life!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  2:41:40 PM  Show Profile
Glad to meet you, Merle.....as you already know, this is one great bunch of gals! Enjoy your new bedspread, too!! Nance
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  3:18:07 PM  Show Profile
hello Merle, glad yo have you w/ us.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  4:47:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Merle...the new bedspread will make you smile every time you see it. I am so glad you found us..you sound like so much fun!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  5:03:14 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group Merle.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  6:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Merle,
I also have 4 kids and was divorced after 20 yrs. So I understand. Every now and then you have to treat yourself. You definitly deserve it. So you eat out of the freezer...Think how well you will sleep under that new spread. Enjoy :)
WELCOME TO THE FORUM

teddie

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  6:33:23 PM  Show Profile
Welcome and enjoy that new MJF chenille bedspread. I just got some of her towels yesterday,they are nice.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  8:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Merle,
Welcome and so glad you joined in! Congratulations on the bedspread!! I am glad you got it!! What a wonderful way to brighten your days a bit!

I am very sorry for what happened, I have been divorced before and know the vast feelings it puts you through... but I do wish you the very best and hope all will be well for you soon!

Do tell us more of your hobbies and interest! I look forward to getting to know you better as I see you 'round!

Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  10:05:49 PM  Show Profile
Merle,

Welcome, welcome. Glad you posted. I think we all feel better when we do something nice for ourselves once in a while.
I was single with four small children for ten years...they are all grown up now. I survived being single...even though it was tough. I had to get help with finances. I had not gone to college or had much of any training for a job.
But the good Lord got me through. Happily married now to my Prince Charming for 12 years.
Enjoy that beautiful bedpsread. Post some pics for us to see!
Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  01:11:57 AM  Show Profile
Merle, a big welcome to you! So glad your not lurking anymore and you've joined in. You'll have so much fun and meet lots of nice people.
~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  8:23:33 PM  Show Profile
Merle, Welcome! I was divorced after 25 years, but now I have someone even better - someone that appreciates me. I'm happy for you
that you got something you like (glad for you that you got yellow - daffodils are yellow). Happy spring and glad you decided to join in.
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  07:27:46 AM  Show Profile
Glad you posted Merle.........welcome to the group!

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  07:50:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Merle,
Welcome! I too love chenille . . . I use scraps from old bedspreads with holes . . . and incorporate them into quilts. I love the soft cottage look of chenille.

There are times we all need to treat ourselves . . . even if financially it doesn't make sense. I think it has something to do with that saying, "Life is short, eat dessert first." If we always do the sensible thing and never splurge or have fun at the end of it all we might just sigh and say, "that was boring!" So much better if we have a little fun and make memories along the way.

Welcome to the forum!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  08:32:53 AM  Show Profile
My mother in law raised her son by herself for years with very little money. We treat her every mothers day to a big gift. When we were first married I thought how unfair it was that her gift for mother's day was so extravagant and I got dinner out but now that I'm a little older and a little wiser I don't mind much. My husband is just showing how much he appreciates her sacrifice. They went without many times and her husband wasn't sending money either. He even went back to court to contest paying for his college tuition (that was in the divorce decree) and since she didn't know she had to show up in court (she dosen't speak english that well) he won. He complained that paying for college for him would be too much of a hardship. But he paid for his other daughters from a new marriage to go to Princeton theology school and Univ. of Tennesee. So I understand now that he wants to spoil his mom. I hope when your little ones grow up they will do the same for you.

Welcome to MJF forum.

Ayako

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  08:34:28 AM  Show Profile
OH thanks everyone for your kind words and greetings. I was busy, busy, busy yesterday stitching up pillows for my bedspread! I found a pattern for one that says "Greet the morn" with a little bluebird on a branch in a magazine I had. I also have a little garden patten that will make a cute pillow. Later this week I will turn them into pillows and then I will post a pic. I hope everyone has great day.
Thanks
Merle
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  09:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Merle-

What a wonderfully “Farmgirl” thing to do! Your pillows sound wonderful and I can’t wait to see your pictures!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  4:26:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Merle,
You go girl! So glad you splurged on the yellow chenille bedspread. I hope it cheers you each morning when you wake and each night as you slip underneath the covers.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic New poster, long time lurker Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page