Farmer Macleigh
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Tennessee
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  12:22:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey Y'all,

Clare kindly suggested I share a bit about myself, so here I am -- three posts old! Isn't it lovely to find helpful people here right away?

I'm a career girl and grad student from Tennessee with a rural background and a love for country living. Fortunately, I have the opportunity to get away to the country relatively often. Gardening and cooking are two loves of mine, and I am learning more about the arts of simple living each day. I entertain dreams of having my own place someday that will serve as a home and B&B, complete with gardens and animals, that welcomes guests from all around the country.

I'm so glad to have found a copy of MJF in the store a few weeks ago and promptly went out and purchased the book. Right now, I'm learning all I can for the future so I can put that knowledge to use every day.

Best,
M.

Hope sustains the farmer. -- Old Proverb

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  12:31:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, M.! You sound like you will love it here and we will enjoy hearing more about your life in Tennessee.
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  3:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group, M.!! My husband and I have a dream to run a B&B someday when we retire, looking forward to getting to know you!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Macleigh
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Tennessee
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  7:32:42 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Molly, for the fine Irish welcome!

Go to Top of Page

knittin girl13
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Haley

8 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  7:41:33 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group M.! I too share the same interests as you cooking and gardening. hope to talk to you some other time!

Haley
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  10:09:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to our little family of farmgirls...glad you are here!!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  09:04:23 AM  Show Profile
Welcome M.
My grandpa's family came from Tennessee. Several are still there. I have visited them and toured the farms and cemetery where the ancestor's were buried. Tennessee is beautiful! It feels like home to me, though I've never lived there.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Macleigh
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Tennessee
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  10:27:43 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Nancy. Yes, it is pretty here and so green! I've also been up to Washington State, and it's lovely there, too. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  11:41:44 AM  Show Profile
You're "welcome" M. for the Irish welcome...

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

Robinwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Robin
Blacksburg Virginia
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  3:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Robinwolf an AOL message
Hi Molly!
I take it that you are a quilter! I am too! I am beginning a Dear Jane quilt - have you heard of or done one of those? Or are you an Art Quilter? I do mostly art quilts, but I do love the Dear Jane. I'm doing it in WOWZY colors, so it will be kinda wild, but fun! I am making one for my husband and me and one for my daughter. I have an Amish-style quilt that is waiting to be quilted. I hand-quilted one block, but my Parkinson's disease took over, and I cannot hand-quilt any longer - I have too many tremors in my hands. My husband just bought me a Bernina Aurora 440 - which is a quilting machine, and I am so thrilled with it - now I can finish the Amish-style quilt, plus my Log Cabin quilt, and my purple stars quilt, my North Woods quilt, etc etc. I had begun to think I'd never be able to get them done. I am really excited to work on this new machine. I have a class on it on Thursday.
Please tell us more about your quilting!
Robin (Pomlady)

Let the beauty we love be what we do. -- Rumi--
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2005 :  8:16:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Robin, I'm so sorry it took me so long to reply to this, I didn't see it until now! I make handmade baby quilts using vintage hankies...check out my website: http://mollymaequilts.tripod.com . I've never heard of a "Dear Jane" quilt before, what is that exactly??

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

PhillyfarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Yael
Philadelphia PA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2005 :  04:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Send PhillyfarmGirl an AOL message
Welcome M,
I too have all kinds of books and magazines that I learn from to help me when I actually get to live my dream. Reminded me of the story in MJ's book about the African American Lady in Florida. I so related to her, it even made me teary eyed. ( I am the sensitive sort after all)
Have fun here!
All the best!

~It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion;
It is easy in solitude to live after our own;
but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.~
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim