farmgirlruns
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Dana
Mount Vernon WA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  06:28:53 AM  Show Profile

I am new from WA and live 60 miles north of Seattle. My daughter turned me and my best girlfriend on to Mary Janes magazine last month. We haven't been able to talk about anything else since and now we are super excited to head to farm day next week. I collect vintage aprons so we plan on wearing an apron to farm day. I have 9 acres in the fertile Skagit Valley. I have a beatiful garden and my biggest challenge every year is the basil, which I love almost as much as sweet peas and lavender. We have 7 chickens,we call Paco and the girls. We also have rabbits, a horse, two cats and our newest addition a 9 week old yellow lab. We lost our last labrador to cancer in March and I want to know what I can do to keep this little guy arthritis and cancer free. Both plagued our last dog. I am interested in organic products and growing. I can't figure out why others don't get as excited about worms as I do. I am proud of my worm bin and the fertilizer they provide. So far my roses are reaping the benefits. Love being a farmgirl in WA. Hope for all, expect nothing.

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  3:14:39 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Dana!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

knittin girl13
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Haley

8 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  7:37:37 PM  Show Profile
welocome dana
i love the fact that you have a lab. I love dogs i have 2 of them at my house. they are cockerspaniels. one is blind so i am very sad that my mom said that she might not make it while we go on vacation. I am getting so sad as i am writing this so again welcome to the forum. i wish you the best off luck with your new puppy.

Haley
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  10:13:01 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Dana...I grew up with Labs and my mom, brother and oldest son still have them..they are the best ....well, except for Basset hounds..which I have!
I am so jealous that you get to go to the farm fair..you will have to tell us all about it..wish I could go!! Have a great time..and I think it is great that you will wear an apron! I would too!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  07:59:21 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Dana! I too am envious you are going to the Farm Fair. It is about a 6 hour drive for me...I am tempted but am not sure how the kids would feel about foregoing fireworks. Anyway, nice to have you here...keep us posted on the goings-on with your farm so those iof us that don't have one yet can get our fix!

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlruns
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Dana
Mount Vernon WA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  08:29:20 AM  Show Profile
I too will be driving 6 hours to farm day. There are three of us driving over and meeting my oldest daughter in Pullman. We rented one of the yerts for Saturday night. It will be a fun farmgirl weekend. I understand about kids not wanting to forego fireworks. My son is 18, and is working in Alaska for his third summer. I miss him terribly but I don't miss the fireworks he loves so much on the fourth of july. My girls could care less thank goodness.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2005 :  10:26:41 AM  Show Profile
There is something about boys (and men) and fireworks, huh? My husband and grown boys will spend a fortune on them and the girls and I would rather spend it on stuff to keep. I am happy to just watch a fireworks show and like that. Our little town does it up big for the 4th, which is nice since I hate to spend money on our own fireworks..would rather buy plants..

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Skagit farmgirl Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page