Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 I am finally home/ Aunt Jenny is the best!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I am finally home/ Aunt Jenny is the best! Next Topic  

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  4:44:45 PM  Show Profile
Well, after much adoo, and more than a few days of living in a motel, we are now in our home....
It took some doing, but the family we bought from finally moved out!

I have lots to do still, but my dishes are unpacked (thanks to Aunt Jenny, if she hadn't shown up, cleaning bucket and rags in hand, dear old Mrs. Cox might still be "packing") and my bed is up!

Speaking of Aunt Jenny, I owe her a HUGE ammount of thanks...in true FarmGirl fashion, she showed me around town, introduced me to some great neighbors and friends. Her husband even put new water taps on the pipes so I (by "I" I really mean he) could hook up the washer.

Long story, short...Eldon had to have a talk with Mr. Cox, letting him know that he needed them to be out on Wednesday (two weeks after closing) so he would be able to get us all settled before leaving for work on Friday morning...alas, they weren't out yet, so I moved in on Friday after checking out of the hotel...The Cox family was still here!!! So Jenny and her husband helped me call the "troops" from our church and we moved the rest of their stuff out and ours in!!

Aunt Jenny seriously rocks!! I wish you all could have a FarmGirl like her as your neighbor!!

The best of all she did was feed us (all 6 of us) every night for two weeks while we were living in the motel!!! All of us!!! Aunt Jenny cooked for 12 people every night!! Not just easy stuff, real, home cooking!!

I have promised to feed her family every day for the rest of my life and hers, this is how much it helped! Food allergies, and obnoxious kids included....she fed us!!

Let's here it for Aunt Jenny!!

Love and light to you all!
I am so glad to be back!
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  4:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh I'm bummed that I didn't get a chance to meet her when she was here on the Central Coast!(my grandbabies were here!) She sounds like an amazing person! Im happy for you that your all settled in!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  5:09:50 PM  Show Profile
we All need an Aunt Jenny as a neighbor & a friend. Bless her.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  5:15:14 PM  Show Profile
we knew Aunt Jenny was a doll..your experience confirms it even more.:0)she's a real sweety.
good for you to have such a sweet "neighbor" now.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  5:28:15 PM  Show Profile
Wow! we all should hope to have neighbors like that! and be neighbors like that!
bless you Aunt Jenny.
Go to Top of Page

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  6:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Wow...she is amazing!!! Aunt Jenny...you inspire us all!!!

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  6:22:28 PM  Show Profile
Friends like that are hard to come by and usually only happen once in a lifetime.
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://thebackfence.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  7:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Kate,
So very glad you are finally in your home!!!! Hip Hip Horayyyyy!! Cant wait to hear more about your place and hear as you get settled in your new piece of heaven! And a BIG thanks to Jenny for being such a sweet friend to you through all this! What a blessing!! That is wonderful what she did! Do keep us posted!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  8:42:16 PM  Show Profile
Alright Aunt Jenny God bless your soul you def. are a true blue farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  05:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Yay, Aunt Jenny!

Congrats on the new home. Sounds like you've got good neighbors! ;)
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  05:55:12 AM  Show Profile
Kate, congrats on your new home! Can't wait to hear the stories of you two farmgirls together!!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  09:42:06 AM  Show Profile
WOW!!! What a great story to read! I'm sitting here with one big smile on my face.... & a bit misty in the eye, as well.
Congratulations to you, Kate, on your new home, & a big Farmgirl medal of honor to Aunt Jenny.

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  11:01:51 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on being in your new home...what a relief. Wow...Jenny sure came through for you, she's a sweetheart!!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  12:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Hope we get to see pictures of the house, a picture of Jenny with rags and a cleaning bucket would have been nice. Cooking for 12 people for that long, what a girl, I would need to lay down after the first day! Well Jenny, at least you won't have to cook the rest of your life, isn't that what Katie said? I guess its possible that Katie may have been overcome with cleaning fumes when she promised that. You are a really really good neighbor Jenny!!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  1:16:26 PM  Show Profile
What cool news! (Not about the Cox move-out though...seriously...) So great that Aunt Jenny came through "true blue" as always for you, Kate! And I'm so glad to hear from you again! Do share photos when you get a chance!!!

love, c :)

My Blog: http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
My Etsy Shop: http://yogurtandgranola.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  1:37:10 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful to hear that you were so incredibly blessed Kate! Also glad to hear you are FINALLY in your house!

We at MJF have been Aunt Jenny fans all along, but now I'm afraid we may have to start another forum, just to tell of her good deeds!

How nice that AJ can retire her apron after cooking for everyone for two weeks. Does the lifetime of meals include clean up?

Aunt Jenny...won't you be my neighbor?

Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  2:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny- wow- that is such a loving thing to do! I hope that if you ever need anything, then there is someone there to help you too!

Kate- Congrats on getting into your new home! I bet it is nice to feel “settled” again!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  2:43:33 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful person she is! OH and how lucky you are to have such a great new farmgirl neighbor and friend. It sounds like Aunt Jenny's husband is a great guy too. You really are blessed. Congrats on getting into the house finally. It sounds like it was quite the ordeal. Im glad its over for you.

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  11:31:32 PM  Show Profile
Our Aunt Jenny is one of a kind!! And one of the best!! Love you Jenny!

Kate -- congrats on finally getting moved in!!

www.annarosetta.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  11:18:48 PM  Show Profile
Aw....Kate is the best... I didn't do a think that was special..it was just fun. I love to cook and I always cook enough to feed an army anyhow..and her kids are sweet and NOT obnoxious!! My kids love having more kids over so it was just fun!! Being naturally bossy I LOVED showing up with my bucket and gloves and helping rid her of the "People Who Would NOt leave". I think having all 8 of our kids running loose on the place didn't hurt either, did it?? heehee Of course Kate left out the part about the dog and the parrot that kept our nerves jangling while we cleaned and all..that bird sounded like someone stepping on a cat every 5 minutes. And they left it there for a couple MORE days after they were gone. I doubt they EVER came back for the sweet little dog.
Now that I am back from vacation I am excited to have more adventures and fun with Kate. She is so much fun and is so calm. I would have been a wreck and she just stayed so calm and sweet through all the chaos!!
Her house is so cool...I can't wait to see all she has done while I have been gone!! She has the neatest new bed ever...a log one to die for!!
Anyway, thanks to you all for your kind words. I am so lucky to know you all!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  3:02:02 PM  Show Profile
WOW - I can't believe that I am really so close (just over an hour away) from two farmgirl friends! Jenny and Kate - you are true solid to the heart farmgirls, and I love that you live virtually next door - YAY!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  4:14:01 PM  Show Profile
We MUST get together soon Libbie!!! Are you getting this rain we are having all afternoon????

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  4:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Ok now this is just not fair I am all alone at the other end of the state now. BOO WHOO!! Ok I am done with that take care ladies and have lots of fun Sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  7:38:02 PM  Show Profile
We will definitely ALL have to get together one of these days soon - a Utah farmgirl convention!!!!!:)

Jenny - nope. Just a sprinkling here and there. It sure seems like the rains miss this dry little valley. We are really low on water here - I'm hoping for a downpour overnight!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  8:30:21 PM  Show Profile
We had quite a bit this afternoon..even a little sleet the kids said (I was in the laundry room and missed THAT...
We are bound to come up there at some point Sunshine. At some point us girls from the boonies will want a day out for sure...you will be included!! There IS a new gal up there near you...Katelyn is her name...have you met her yet????

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  10:26:11 AM  Show Profile
What a great farmgirl friendship you and Aunt Jenny have! Two weeks of cooking AND cleaning, wow! Aunt Jenny is an inspiration in so many ways. You have some good times coming!

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I am finally home/ Aunt Jenny is the best! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page