Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  4:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Our neighborhood is holding a garbage pick-up this weekend, where the county will come pick up all of that big stuff that you no longer have a need for. My DH headed under the house to gather things together and found one of my old wallets. I was up cleaning the craft room and he came in and said " Hey, dear. If you had $100, would you give me $50?" "Well, of course I would. But, I don't have $100." Out from behind his back came two $50 bills!! He found them in the wallet when he took out the information card!! The wallet that has been under the house for at least two years!! So, down I went to take a look at it and said "Wouldn't it be funny if there was more in here?" And guess what? There was!!! Another $100!! I must have tucked it away when I was at my sister's in Florida and forgot about it!
So, we are getting rid of all of our unwanted junk and we are $200 richer. I love little surprises like that!

Karin
You know, I was just sitting in the tub thinking "Today is not Saturday! It's Friday!!" My DH has been home all week and it has me totally thrown off! lol
Wherever you go, there you are.

Edited by - Mumof3 on Apr 06 2007 5:02:27 PM

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  4:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Rofl, that is soooo cool. I love it when things like that happen. Mines usually just 20$ here and there though, lol
~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  5:02:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh you lucky duck! Good thing he check and didn't jsut toss it! It make you wonder how much money people have literally THROWN AWAY!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  8:12:28 PM  Show Profile
how cool.now that's a nice find.:0)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  8:27:59 PM  Show Profile
What a treat Karin! The extra cash...not cleaning the crawl space.

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2007 :  08:21:34 AM  Show Profile
Karin:

That is *FABULOUS*!! And it's a fun story, too. Only question I have: Did you share the second fifty with him, too? ~ K

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2007 :  10:00:25 AM  Show Profile
Lots of people stash money, especially those from the depression era. I found money everywhere when packing my mothers belongings for the move closer to me. Not big amounts, $20 or less, but it added up to several hundred dollars and that doesn't include the loose change. Found some wrapped in old newspaper under the dresser drawer liner-she said if anyone broke in, they wouldn't have found it...and I nearly didn't. It's such a nice surprise to find a bit of cash in a pocket or such. I've found money in clothing in the thrift shops occasionally. Again, just a few dollars, but it all adds up. I also found my aunts mink stole under a worn out house dress in her shed while looking for wooden crocheted hangers. It nearly got left behind as we were running short on time. Again, she thought she was protecting it.
Are you going to buy something special with the ''found'' money or stash it away to find again someday?
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2007 :  10:36:30 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm evil and did not share the second hundred. But, I did set some aside for another day and I spent some on Easter things for the kids and a set of MaryJane's organic sheets for me. (And DH!) The blue ones. They are so lovely and soft and they were on sale, so I did not feel the least bit guilty. I'd say that was found money well spent!!

Here's to money-stashers everywhere!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2007 :  4:50:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Karin,
As I was reading this I was wondering if you would spend on some Mary Jane bedclothes! You and Dh will be so cozy. It's even better when it doesn't have to come out of the budget. Let me know the next time your cleaning and I'll come help!!!! :)

Teddie

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Good fortune Saturday! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page