Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Earth day swap - PLEASE RESEND PICTURES!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Earth day swap - PLEASE RESEND PICTURES! Next Topic
Page: of 4

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  4:32:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Clare! I can't wait. I have been working on yours and I'm excited about it. Hopefully I will get it finished this weekend and get it of to you next week. I'll let you know for sure when I mail it!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  3:08:50 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Princess (Jodi), your package went out today and should be there sometime next week :)

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

littlegreen
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Katelyn
Spanish Fork UT
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  11:00:21 AM  Show Profile
Alee, sorry about the lateness factor... I wanted to have your earth day recycled gift to you by earth day, but alas, it went in the mail yesterday afternoon. So start lookin' for it!!

www.littlegreendesigns.com ~ handbound blank books, purses, jewelry, and other fun stuff for the naturist in you!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  6:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Katelyn-

Nora has been having a few bad days and I haven't quite finished your package yet. I am sorry for the lateness! Your package will be in the mail in the next day or so!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  10:09:06 AM  Show Profile
Clare I got your package on Monday and WOW! I will take pictures tonight and post them on the blog! Your's is almost done and I may mail it tomorrow - if not Saturday for sure!

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  3:58:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh, so glad you got it. I was wondering. Hope you like everything.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  6:20:32 PM  Show Profile
Clare I loved all of it. Still haven't had a chance to take pics. It has been a busy week. Your item should go out tomorrow.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  11:18:27 AM  Show Profile
Sarah! I absolutely LOVE the birdhouse! Thank you! It is the perfect bit of inspiration I've been needing to get back out in my garden and make things nice for the birds. I will tell you as soon as a feathered family settles into it. I'm finishing up 'part two' of your surprise, it will be in the mail by the end of the week.
Go to Top of Page

elah
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Emily
SW Michigan
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  3:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Your welcome Lisa! I'm glad that you like it.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  8:20:45 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome Jodi :) I'm so glad you liked it. Sorry I didn't put a bracket on it, but there are a few ways to hang it. Let me know if you need ideas...

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  06:48:32 AM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone - Dont forget to send me pictures so I can post on my blog!

Clare - yours in on the way!

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  9:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Littlegreen- Kate-

Thanks so much for the beautiful bracelet. The stories with some of the beads are lots of fun. I feel like a bad swap partner- Yours just went out today. I had to get a special sized envelope and did not have time to go to the post office. Hopefully you will get it in the next couple of days. Please let me know if the contents don't arrive safely as I do have enough of the materials to make another and I am a bit worried. I think I should have used one of those padded envelopes.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  10:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jodi! Your envelope arrived today and the bookmarks are just darling. I adore them I've never learned to make handmade paper, but yours is beautiful and I love the little hearts!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  07:19:03 AM  Show Profile
KARIN>>>My box is on it's way to you. I hope you enjoy it. My neighbor says it is corny, but I think she is a little corny herself. I made a matching one for myself, because I too am a bit corny. There is always room for this I think to keep you smiling...jess
Go to Top of Page

littlegreen
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Katelyn
Spanish Fork UT
USA
68 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  2:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Alee - I'm so glad you got the package!! And I'm glad you liked the bracelet... I love these swaps, they're so much fun!
happy friday to you all!!

www.littlegreendesigns.com ~ handbound blank books, purses, jewelry, and other fun stuff for the naturist in you!
Go to Top of Page

littlegreen
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Katelyn
Spanish Fork UT
USA
68 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  08:18:31 AM  Show Profile
Alee!! I got your earth day package this weekend and I love it!! The prism is already hanging up in my window, thank you! You said it came from a chandelier? From one you used to own? so cool!! Love ya tons, happy earth day!!

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  2:19:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Julie. I received my package today in the mail. THANK YOU so very much. I just love the recycled pie plate turned garden art/wind chime. I am so exctied to hang it out by the garden or off the front porch. My daughter was just telling me we need wind chimes out on the front porch.

I also like the magazine bowl. I am going to place it on my dresser to hold my jewelry at night. My daughter is really into art and found it cool that you are a high school art teacher. She really admires her high school art teacher. (So do I!! She is a terrific person as well as an artist.) She was reading your note on how you made it. Did you roll the magazine strips first and then modge podge it all after it was set together? Or did you do a section at a time? These would make great gifts.

I am glad you are getting compliments on the totes. I did these as a Craft and Chat group project, and they went over in a big way. I am always thrilled to see one of the ladies come to church with their things in the totes they made.

Thank you so much. I really enjoyed this swap. We will have to try this one next Earth day.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  3:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Katelyn-

Actually it is from a chandelier that some people that I used to clean for had. They decided to replace it with a more modern light fixture. I came to clean one day and they said I could have as many as I wanted. I wish I would have taken more, but the guy is an artist so I figure they will be made into hi art too. I didn't want to be greedy :) I still have a bunch. I am going to string them up and put them in Nora's window. I just love prisms! I am so glad it got there okay! I was worried the prism was going to rip the envelope!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  5:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh Clare I am glad you like it!

For the magazine bowl I folded magazine pages into long strips that were fairly equal in width. I used a little modpodge to hold it togehther as I folded. I started with one and rolled it VERY tightly adding glue as I rolled. Sometimes you have to hold it a minute or too until it sticks. I kept adding more and more layers of paper and more and more modpodge. You really want the base to be tight. When I got the width where I wanted it I started the next layer by tapering up a little. I added more paper and more modpodge. When I was all done I added more modpodge just for a glossy shine and to add strenght and stability.

My students actually used elmers glue thined with a little bit of water for the building and just finished it off with a coat of modpodge.

Hopefully that all makes sense!

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  11:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Jodi,

Part II came today and I thought they were so pretty and sweet. I can't wait to start sending them out. Thank you for the letter and for sending such thoughtful surprises. This was my first swap and it was so much fun...

Heart,

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  04:33:21 AM  Show Profile
Yes, the directions make sense. Once the kids and I did bowls using newspaper and thinned elmers glue. I like these as they feel more sturdy. Maybe we needed more layers on the bowls. I still have them and display them in the spring, I think my kids will enjoy trying this style.

I hung the garden art wind chime by the steps to the front porch. I love how the sprakly green beas and silverware catch the light. It looks so great!! Cheerful, and fun!! Thank you again.

Do I need to send you pictures for your blog or did you take some before you packed it off?

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  05:43:05 AM  Show Profile
I took pictures before I mailed! Thanks!

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  06:20:55 AM  Show Profile
Did you receive the email with pic of what I made for the swap? I sent to Karin in Georgia. Jess
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  9:40:34 PM  Show Profile
KArin, have you received the box I sent?
Go to Top of Page

elah
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Emily
SW Michigan
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  05:03:52 AM  Show Profile
Lisa,
I recieved the journal in the mail yesterday. Thanks so much! It's beautiful and so creative. I'll really enjoy using it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Earth day swap - PLEASE RESEND PICTURES! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page