Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hey there, another newbie. Next Topic  

VWVixen
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Gena
Riverside CA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  6:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Send VWVixen an AOL message  Click to see VWVixen's MSN Messenger address
Hi.

Just wanted to introduce myself before I jumped into the conversation. This seems like an interesting site...

I dont have a farm and I dont think I'd really want the responsibilities of one in the future either. But! I have grown up in rural neighborhoods and have spent much time in my youth on my grandparents 5 acres helping them with the chickens (egg collecting), pigs (bottle feeding to daily feeds) and horses and cows etc....

I guess I'm just trying to say that I'm not quite a 'city girl' ...I guess Im in the middle (lol).

Anyway, I look forward to reading and responding to you all. :)

-Gena

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  7:01:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gena!!! I'm not an official "Farm Girl" either in the sense I still live in town and don't have a farm to call my own...but it's what is in our hearts that matter!!! Welcome to the group!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

Lindy Reilley
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lindy
Fillmore California
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  7:50:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gena!
Welcome from another CA girl. I was reading the vintage luggage sight - your message caught my eye. I have been to quite a few old car swap meets myself in my life - Fun stuff! Glad you're keeping the stuff in your garage and hope your getting settled in well from your move.
Lindy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  10:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Gena!!! You will fit in fine here, farm or no farm..it is a state of mind!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hey there, another newbie. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page