Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Candle On The Hill dress patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Candle On The Hill dress patterns Next Topic  

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  10:30:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I am after some Farmgirl advice and opinion again - somewhere out there, there is a Farmgirl to answer any question it seems!!
Has anyone used any Candle On The Hill patterns before? I have read a few reviews of them on the net and opinions are good - just thought I'd ask here. I would like to order a few, but they are quite expensive once you add on shipping to Australia. Just want to be sure.
Best wishes,
Jayne

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9366 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9366 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  06:58:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jayne,
I have been to their site many times but have not ordered because of the expense. I hope someone can help you who has used them because I'd like to know if it would be worth it to order. It is very difficult to find patterns like these anywhere else.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  07:16:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Denise,
I did read in a review somewhere that the patterns do have a lot of variations in them, so it is like getting a few patterns in one. But I would really like to hear from someone who has used them. I have tried looking on ebay for used ones, but it seems noone parts with them!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile
Isn't Candle On the Hill for sale? I think I read it on their website a while back. They were out of alot of patterns. Didn't know if this is the site or not, but I had been thinking, what a grand business to purchase!!!

Haven't used their patterns, but they really do look wonderful.

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  2:02:17 PM  Show Profile
They were sold and won't be up and running again until May. They do have some lovely patterns though. I love that Edw2ardian apron pattern. Night have to get that one. :)

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  5:39:40 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I saw on the site that new people have purchased the business, but I am assuming the patterns will remain the same. Maybe that is something else I will have to check.
Is there anyone who has used these patterns?
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  6:07:03 PM  Show Profile
I have the edwardian apron pattern It's lovely - I did one up in a pretty yellow cotton with green bias trim. It's actually a Sense and Sensibility pattern, so if you don't want to wait for Candle on the Hill to reopen you can order one here.

www.sensibility.com

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Candle On The Hill dress patterns Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page