Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Gardening Parties Next Topic  

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  09:13:20 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like soooo much creative fun! It could even be a farmgirl chapter project. Do any of you do this already?
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/home/outdoor/story.asp?ID=76262

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  2:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Clare,
This does sound like a fun thing to do. I think I will see if my community ladies group is interrested in adding some of these ideas to our annual potting get together for the community beautification project. Each year in the early spring we get together to plant the hanging baskets and barrel pots that line our main street through town. Many people have donated money each year to keep this project going. All we ever do though is get the plants, pots, soil, mooss and get together to pot these things up. We then take them to one of the members green houses for a brief growing time and put them up when the weather has settled in. We take turns watering them. It would be such fun to make a party out of it.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2005 :  5:53:59 PM  Show Profile
We do something like this in the fall where we make pumpkin flower arrangements, grapevine and honeysuckle wreaths and what have you but I like the idea for spring/summer planting even better. What fun! Thanks Clare for another great idea! Wish you and everyone were just around the corner, what fun this creative bunch would have!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Gardening Parties Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page