Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic new farmgirl here Next Topic  

lforester54
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Lisa
Metamora MI
USA
22 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  06:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Send lforester54 an AOL message
Hey all! I am new to this "farmgirl" stuff. I am living in 'horse country' in Metamora, MI. I lived in a busy urban area all my life and 3 years ago my family and I fell into a wonderful opportunity to caretake a huge farm. We live 3 miles to any paved road. And we are raising chickens! We love it here and would love to connect with other first-timers.

Lisa

Eve was framed!

Cowgurl
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Robin
middle Tennessee
34 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  04:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Cowgurl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Lisa. Welcome! Wow, what a great opportunity you fell into. It sounds like you are enjoying it. I am 2 1/2 weeks away from moving to our 40 acre farm in Tennessee. I also plan to raise chickens. And, I just bought two horses yesterday whom I will pick up in August.

I found this forum a couple of months ago and am enjoying it greatly!

Robin
Go to Top of Page

Paula J.
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Paula
OK
USA
68 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  2:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Paula J. an AOL message  Click to see Paula J.'s MSN Messenger address
Robin,

Sounds like you're in for lots of special times -- wow; a 40 acre farm. Where in TN will you be moving? My breeder (okay, my dog's breeder) is from Camden. I'm hoping to stop by there this summer when we drive to MD/WA D.C.

Good to have both you and Lisa. Have fun here!

Paula J.

[quote]Originally posted by Cowgurl
I am 2 1/2 weeks away from moving to our 40 acre farm in Tennessee. I also plan to raise chickens.

Paula J.
Collinsville, OK
dragonflybodywork@earthlink.net
Go to Top of Page

Cowgurl
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Robin
middle Tennessee
34 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  6:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Cowgurl a Yahoo! Message
Paula, We are moving to Lynnville, TN - which is in Giles county. Camden is about 2 hours west of Nashville, we will be about 1 hour due south.

What kind of dog do you have?

Robin

Cowgurl, farmgurl, momgurl, wifegurl...
Go to Top of Page

egyppt
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Elaine
Vermilion Alberta
Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2004 :  4:22:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi All;
Another new farmgirl here. My name is Elaine.My husband and I
live on a small"farm" ("acreage" here in Canada), where we enjoy gardening and the country life. We were both raised on farms,but have worked in retail all our lives. My husband is retired, but I still work...own a Health Food store in our small town.We are busy developing our 5 acres; my hubby is finishing off a large pond complete with stream and waterfall(He hauled hundreds of tons of rocks by wheelbarrow!!)I do most of the planting, veggies, lots of flowers. I guess you could say we are creating our own little paradise! Love the country life! Would love to connect to others who juggle a business and home.

Farmin'in the Great White North"
Go to Top of Page

Paula J.
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Paula
OK
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2004 :  6:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Paula J. an AOL message  Click to see Paula J.'s MSN Messenger address
Robin,

I have a Welsh Terrier. Used to have Airedales and Welsh (and did a lot of rescue work in both), but lost my old girl Airedale a year ago today. She was the inspiration for my business name (Dragonfly Bodywork), but that's a story for another day.

Are you in TN now? Did you get any of the horrible weather in recent days?

pj

P.S. I love your sig "cowgurl" et al

quote:
Originally posted by Cowgurl

Paula, We are moving to Lynnville, TN - which is in Giles county. Camden is about 2 hours west of Nashville, we will be about 1 hour due south.

What kind of dog do you have?

Robin

Paula J.
Collinsville, OK
dragonflybodywork@earthlink.net
Go to Top of Page

lforester54
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Lisa
Metamora MI
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2004 :  07:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Send lforester54 an AOL message
Wow! Hello all! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Lisa

Eve was framed!
Go to Top of Page

Cowgurl
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Robin
middle Tennessee
34 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2004 :  09:59:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Cowgurl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Paula, I love Airedales - I've never had one, but I think they're beautiful dogs. I'm sorry about your dog - anniversaries are so hard. :-(. My 12 1/2 year old lab died last year in August and I just know the anniversary is going to be tough. I'm taking her ashes to bury on our new property because I didn't want to leave her behind.

No, we're not in Tn yet. We take off out of here (Jersey) on the 18th of this month and will pull into our new driveway on the 23rd. I know they did get some pretty bad weather in the area though. One of the first things we will do is build a storm cellar, since there is no basement in the house.

Thanks about the sig. :-)

Robin

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic new farmgirl here Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page