SeaandSage
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Crystal
Windsor CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  11:55:29 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful, wonderful idea to have these boards.

I quite accidently stumbled upon MaryJanesFarm magazine in a store about 4 months ago. What a treat! Finally, a magazine without ads, with integrity and packed with information all geared toward the cowgirl/farmgirl in all of us. I am very excited to see this and hope the momentum continues.

I live in the wine country, about an hour north of San Francisco. While I don't live on farmland, I have my share of stories and experiences to tell. From horses to dairy goats, chickens to agriculture. Farming is in my blood. It is my dream to eventually move out of state to start my own small farm. I have been inspired by many women who have gone the same route and been very happy with their decision.

Look forward to participating and reading everyone's comments.

Take care y'all!

Crystal

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined."
Thoreau

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  12:07:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Crystal, Welcome. I am still very new to these boards & I "get lost" quite often. It is so wonderful to be able to "talk" to women w/ the same interest.At my age(52) the dream of my own small farm is not very far off anymore. Just a few sheep(Ispin & hook rugs, a few chickens & my first love, horses. It is never too late. Michele
Go to Top of Page

SeaandSage
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Crystal
Windsor CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2004 :  07:49:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi Michele!

Nice to meet you!!! Yes, I agree it is never too late! Do you have any animals now?

Crystal

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined."
Thoreau
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page