Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  08:50:49 AM  Show Profile
I was pretty good today, only bought a few things, I had a three dollar off coupon, what was I suppose to do?
Have to go get two of the Grand daughters off the bus, half day of school today. Took a steak out for dinner.and guess I will make a cherry upside down kind of thing. Finished a bluebird embroidery last night so will put a backing of some sort on that. Have to keep busy when the kids are here, sitting down is not allowed for some reason, they are so strict!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  09:01:25 AM  Show Profile
You thrifty gal you, lol. Hope you've posted your embroidery on your blog, I'd love to see it! I'm embroidering pillowcases right now for the cabin, and knitting lace to go on them. Have fun with those girls!
~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  09:56:20 AM  Show Profile
Here I am Nancy JO. I always look at the trays because I do indeed like them but so far I gently return them and don't buy any. I can be very strong but the tiny pourers just jump into my basket. Pretty shiny little purse, should go great with your collection. Now, with a three dollar off coupon they must have owed you money. Haha I can't wait until I can get to a thrift store.. I just know all the GOOD stuff is running out before I get there. The two little boys were here Wed. and yesterday (early dismissal also) but we just worked all day outside. Boys, ya gotta keep them moving. Next week is spring break for them so --you know what!!! Now I'd better go lay down. Mary beth

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  11:34:11 AM  Show Profile
Yes MB, Grammy's become very important people during school breaks, I think I will be needing to lay down too.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

littlegreen
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Katelyn
Spanish Fork UT
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  12:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Is this where we talk about how much trouble we can get into thrift store shopping. I cannot help myself!! I go at least once a week, there is a great one right near my work so I can go on my lunch break. I think my husband is starting to actually think it's funny the things I come home with!! But I have to say, that's where I got my food dehydrator and a brand new pair of Dansko's... so I HAVE to go every week, just in case there's something there waiting for me!!

www.littlegreendesigns.com ~ handbound blank books, purses, jewelry, and other fun stuff for the naturist in you!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  2:18:25 PM  Show Profile
Katelyn,
You have some beautiful things on your site. Do you make them?
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

littlegreen
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Katelyn
Spanish Fork UT
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  3:09:57 PM  Show Profile
I do I do. All handmade by me, oh and my sis Jes. and some day my other sis Megs will contribute her cloth diapers and my mom her button bracelets... We are and forever will be the green girls... Thanks for the compliment though, i can always use a good boost to keep on going!

www.littlegreendesigns.com ~ handbound blank books, purses, jewelry, and other fun stuff for the naturist in you!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  3:35:11 PM  Show Profile
I went to you site, Katelyn and it is wonderfu. You will have to post some of your thrifty finds on your journal page. We need to see them. It's infectious. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

littlegreen
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Katelyn
Spanish Fork UT
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2007 :  12:48:31 PM  Show Profile
I went to the thrift store on my lunch today and ohhh... I always buy too much, but I getting better! I try to put things back now when I find new things. Today I bought a wreath for my front door with apples and berries on it, it is much cuter than it sounds!! And I found some brown pinstriped work pants and a huge huge bag for my knitting projects!!! it even has a cow on the front of it!! yay! i missed out on the thrift store swap but I'm still getting some good thrifting in, that's for sure!

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2007 :  4:42:57 PM  Show Profile
Katelyn,
You did have a good day!!! Don't you love thrift stores? You don't have to search for this place to post your thrift store finds, you can go to across the fence and start a new topic or the one that says fabulous finds and farmgilr barter.
Try and get in on one of the upcomming swaps and watch for the drawings for prizes that we have sometimes.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2007 :  9:56:54 PM  Show Profile
I went thrifting today...haven't been in ages! I found an old wooden rolling pin (my prize), a set of ecru cotton pillow cases with nice crochet trim. A set of "shabby chic" brand pillow shams, and various summer tops & pjs. $10 for eveything at our local Goodwill!
I am so looking forward to garage sale season!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic THRIFT STORE INFESTATION Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page