Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  11:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Life can be so frustrating when it doesn't go as planned. I had a cold for a week or so that gave me a little bit of a rattly chest, but nothing to hold me down. Then on Saturday, within hours it changed so drastically. I quite literally thought I was having a heart attack because my chest felt so heavy and almost like someone was squeezing it. Anyway, I ended up in the ER and found out I have double pneumonia (in both lungs) plus congestion behind the heart, which was puzzling the doctor. He was to talk further with the radiologist and figure out what the story is there. I have a follow up appt. tomorrow. I have more strength to sit up and the body aches have finally subsided, but I still can't stand more than a few seconds without gasping and groaning. And now I believe I have an ear infection, as I hear slushing sounds in my ear and I hear myself talk inside my head (yes, I really do have voices inside my head! LOL!) I have been on antibiotics since October because of chronic sinus problems that always makes me have a low grade fever and am scheduled for sinus surgery next Wednesday. I seem to be somewhat immune to the antibiotics since I am still getting these bugs. I think it is because I have been on the antibiotics for so long. Anyway, I am praying this won't make them delay the surgery. I timed it all just so . . . when I am not on deadline for our Real Estate Guide, before the kids' Jr. Livestock Show, before my Mom's knee replacement, so I can help her and before my Antique Show May 18 & 19. I have no idea how I can reschedule. So I pray that tomorrow they still give me the green light for surgery. I always think of myself as a fairly fit and healthy gal, so this year has been really weird for me. Anyway, your prayers would be appreciated . . . I hate to be a whiner, but right now I really feel kind of like having a little one woman pity party! LOL!

Hugs & Blessings!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  11:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Brenda (((HUGS))) I am so very sorry and do so know what it is like to be sick and down I do so hope you will be feeling better and getting back to your healthy happy self very very soon!! Am thinking of and praying for you!
With warm thoughts and well wishes,
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  02:53:41 AM  Show Profile
Brenda- I am so sorry! Gosh, it seems everything dumped on you all at once. There are so many people having pneumonia-sinus-ear problems this year! I hope everything goes as planned and you can have your surgery and still accomplish everything that you have on your list!! Prayers and good vibes are travelling from GA to you!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  09:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda!! Please take care to get all the rest you need. It takes awhile to recover from the pneumonia (I know from frequent experience!) let alone all the rest you are dealing with. My goodness!!! I will sure be keeping you in my prayers!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  10:08:40 AM  Show Profile
My goodness, I hope your feeling better. And like Aunt Jenny said, get plenty of rest. ~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  3:28:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Gals,
Your sweet words are so appreciated. I "flunked" my oxygen levels test at the Dr. today, so surgery is canceled and he said I can't reschedule for about 6 weeks, which puts me right at my antique show, so I will just wait until June. I just hate to keep being on antibiotics for that much longer again. On the plus side, he made it clear that my kids and husband are supposed to do all the work for the next few weeks and I am supposed to get lots of sleep. I know with this antique show and our Real Estate Guide I can't totally shut down, but I hope this will encourage the troops to chip in a bit more. Sorry I was so whiney earlier . . . this too shall pass and I guess a forced break every now and then is a good thing.

Hugs & Blessings!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2007 :  2:11:45 PM  Show Profile
I had that when I was in middle school . It took me monts to get over.'I hope yours goes by quickly and your sugery ok.
I am sorry you have to have that.
Pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  10:05:33 AM  Show Profile
I can relate so well to your chronic sinus, pneumonia, etc. It just saps every bit of energy and makes even going potty a major accomplishment. With your plate overflowing, it has to be hard to just rest and sleep like the Dr. ordered. To delegate everything is easier said than done. I wish you the best and hope you can recover without lingering problems.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2007 :  01:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Brenda,
I am so sorry that the surgery got postponed, but do so hope you will rest as much as you can and that you will be feeling better soon. Please take care of yourself! Am wishing you the very best!
Hugz n Prayers,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

CFlohe
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Cheryl
Port Angeles WA
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2007 :  10:58:40 AM  Show Profile
My 17yr old son ended up in the hospital yesterday, also with pneumonia, and I'd appreciate any and all prayers. He had been coming off a bad cold and got this cold/flu last Thursday and took a big turn for the worse yesterday morning. I just talked to the dr who said that they did another xray this morning and that it's in both lungs now and that he wants him to stay there at least another day and we'll see after that, he said the average stay for pneumonia is 3 days. I haven't been able to check in anywhere else on here but will catch up after he's home.
Cheryl

cheryls-life-at-the-farm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2007 :  11:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Pneumonia is such a tenacious illness. I hope you are taking it easy and getting lots of rest. Have you asked if they can give you a stronger antibiotic? I hope you start feeling lots better soon!

Cheryl- I hope you son is getting better as well. Hopefully he won't have to stay the full length in the hospital.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2007 :  12:38:18 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
Hope you are starting to feel a little better!! Like the girls said, lots to drink and lots of rest. And surgery too? Well one thing at a time, easy for me to say right? I won't complain the rest of the day about anything, and then I'll see about tomorrow. GET WELL!!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2007 :  7:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
Hope this post finds you a little better. I sure hope you are resting - I love doctors that tell us to get lots of rest and don't do any work - do they not see the children at the surgery with me?!!! It is often easier said then done - but I hope you are getting treated with TLC!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  10:20:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the kind wishes everyone and Cheryl my prayers are with your son. My pneumonia is in both lungs also and it really zaps me. I have some kind of congestion behind my heart, which I guess is a bit unusual and I guess that is what made me think I was having a heart attack. It was a wierd moment . . . the time when you make sure everything is right with you and God and think about leaving your family behind! Funny how our minds can so quickly think the worst! Anyway, I am feeling better but just no energy. So thankful for all the friends bringing food. My biggest issue now is the laundry and I haven't had the guts to ask for help on that yet. I have gotten pretty good at ordering the kids with the vaccuming, cleaning, etc. but they seem to be a bit challenged in knowing how to sort and do laundry correctly. Ron helps, but even he is "laundry challenged". My surgery is rescheduled for June 6th. Hopefully I can get going a bit better soon to get all the details of my antique show handled and then once that is done I can move on to the surgery. Can't wait for July . . . feeling good by then and no huge responsibilities! Might have to book a weekend at MaryJanes!

Hugs & Blessings!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

CFlohe
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Cheryl
Port Angeles WA
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  5:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I'm so glad you're starting to get better. It's weird how fast things like that come on. I know I had pneumonia in my 20's and it took a long time to get over and now at the age I'm at I'm really scared to get that. I did have a chest x-ray today to see if I have it but no word yet. My son is sure looking better than a few days ago. He will probably get out of the hospital tomorrow if he keeps his fever down while on the oral antibiotics. The hospital in Port Angeles is just amazing, everyone is so nice. He wanted to watch dvd's so they searched the hospital and found a dvd player but it wouldn't hook up to the tv up on the wall so they searched the hospital and found a tv and got him all set up so I brought him some dvd's.

I know it's tough when you're down sick. My husband stayed home Monday and Tuesday, supposedly to help me. It was helpful that he took our 13yr old to his eye appt Monday and that he went and saw Stephen last night but yesterday he slept half the day and watched tv the other half. He couldn't even bring his dishes to the kitchen, expecting him to help out with running the dishwasher would have been a miracle. I've been willing myself to be well, hope it works. My husband wanted to take family leave but it would have been unpaid and I just didn't see the point. He went back to work under extreme protest today.

Anyway, I hope you get better soon but don't push yourself too hard!!
Cheryl

cheryls-life-at-the-farm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Pneumonia! Blahh! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page