Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Tonight's Strawberry Full Moon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Tonight's Strawberry Full Moon Next Topic  

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2021 :  07:55:42 AM  Show Profile
Tonight, June 24, is the full moon and it will be the last of the Super moons for this year. A super moon occurs when the Moon is closest to the Earth during the full moon phase. The June full moon is known as the Strawberry moon or sometimes the Rose moon because it often shows a pinkish color. Being a super moon, the moon appears larger than usual and the time of year has something to do with the color shown. The Strawberry name comes from the old way of identifying moons based on various times of the year. Most of all the US is having Strawberries ripen and roses blooming hence the name attached to this month's full moon.

Right now we are in this pattern of late afternoon and evening thunderstorms so I am not sure we will have clear skies when the moon rises tonight. If we do, I will try and get down to an area south of the city on Paynes Prairie where the sky is wide open and full moons are beautiful to watch rising up.

Since we all live in different parts of the US.if you can view this moon tonight, please leave us a note here and let us know what you experienced. I want to know if anyone gets the pinkish color!

There is a wonderful quick video on the homepage of weather.com about the Strawberry Moon. Check it out and see some wonderful clips of this moon in the past.

Happy Moon gazing tonight if your skies are clear!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2021 :  10:22:23 AM  Show Profile
I'm all about anything strawberries and roses, Winnie! Thank you for sharing this with us! How exciting!!! I will definitely be looking up tonight! Will try to take pictures, too; but I haven't had any luck. Whatever the moon looks like shows up drastically different on my phone camera. Fingers crossed!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2021 :  04:18:05 AM  Show Profile
I saw the full moon and it was beautiful.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2021 :  06:00:40 AM  Show Profile
We had a batch of thunderstorms move in yesterday afternoon and kept our skies cloudy and rainy all night long. I am glad you have a good view, Michelle and Nini let us know what you were able to see.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

3078 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
3078 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2021 :  10:55:29 AM  Show Profile
My husband commented last night how bright out it was when we went to bed and I looked out and saw that it was a big full moon! I didn't notice a pink color though. Sorry you didn't get to see it Winnie!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6938 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6938 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2021 :  2:10:00 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, we were in Lake Powell when this happened and I had no idea is was a Strawberry moon, but I remember seeing how large it was and showing my kids. We were all in awe with how large it looked. Now I know why. Thanks for sharing.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Tonight's Strawberry Full Moon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page