Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New member from IL Next Topic  

tall_bbw_searches4u
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Sharon
Hinckley IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  1:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Send tall_bbw_searches4u a Yahoo! Message
Hello from small town Hinckley, IL! I'm not really a farm girl, but I live out in the country and my back yard backs up to a cornfield. I just love it! I often wonder what real farm life would be like. I also have this urge to ride in a tractor. Silly? lol

I'm single, 49, 6'2", pic should be on my profile. I've never married and have no kids. If any of you know any single farmers who might like a tall farm hand, send them my way! lol

I have enjoyed reading the posts here and hope to get to know everyone soon.

Sharon

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  3:06:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! I live in Hinckley too! Where do you live Sharon? In town or outskirts? Want to join my Farmgirl Chapter??

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  4:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sharon...I hope you find your tall farmer..and that you and Kim can get together!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  11:27:03 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group, Sharon! I have a second cousin who lives in DeKalb, how far is that from you? I'm only about 2-1/2 hours north of you and Kim!
Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Edited by - mollymae on Jun 21 2005 11:27:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  11:33:00 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Sharon, My brother in law is 6'7" and single and farms too. But...he is grumpy and keeps a messy house and farm, and sleeps with his lab. YUK!!! He does have some good qualities though, he is a very hard worker, honest, and can tell a good story. He looks like a guy straight out of Braveheart, red hair and a beard and BIG! He is of Irish ancestry. Glad you found this site!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2005 :  12:38:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sharon! Good luck on your search for a farmer with a tractor!

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

tall_bbw_searches4u
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Sharon
Hinckley IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  08:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Send tall_bbw_searches4u a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by MeadowLark

Welcome Sharon, My brother in law is 6'7" and single and farms too. But...he is grumpy and keeps a messy house and farm, and sleeps with his lab. YUK!!! He does have some good qualities though, he is a very hard worker, honest, and can tell a good story. He looks like a guy straight out of Braveheart, red hair and a beard and BIG! He is of Irish ancestry. Glad you found this site!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html

Go to Top of Page

tall_bbw_searches4u
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Sharon
Hinckley IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  08:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Send tall_bbw_searches4u a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all for your welcome. Meadowlark, where's that brother-in-law? lol
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  10:00:09 AM  Show Profile
Sharon, Who knows where that brut is? He is dangerous during wheat harvest time. He turns into a 6'7" Attila the Hun with that combine and his fleet of wheat trucks. After a day cutting wheat he is covered in dirt and wheat chaf and you can only see the whites of eyes. He has one green eye and one blue eye too! Very SCARY! Once or twice he spent the night here at my house on the couch because DH was gone and I had trouble with prowlers. He shows up carrying a baseball bat for a weapon, stretches out on my BIG couch and his legs dangle over the end. Needless to say I felt safe that night... God forbid anyone would try to break in when the jolly Irish giant was here! Have a great day Sharon, pipe in anytime on the topics! We welcome your farmgirl input!!!

Go to Top of Page

brownswissgal
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Julie
Plainfield Wisconsin
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2005 :  10:22:34 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sharon.... Welcome.... Come on up to Wisconsin and ride in a potatoe digger this fall... my hubby runs one... bigger than a combine.... we have a variety of tractors to your hearts content :) I'll keep an eye out for you for a farmer.... Actually... We have plenty of them here in Wisconsin!

Take care and that's cool your tall... I'm close to 6'.... my ex was 6'10 so our daughter is going to be tall like you... about 6'4 they say...

take care,

Julie

I never met a cow I didn't like
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New member from IL Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page