Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Crocheted Baby Doll Toys in The NYTimes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Crocheted Baby Doll Toys in The NYTimes Next Topic  

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  11:32:39 AM  Show Profile
There was a picture and small article on crocheted vintage looking baby doll toys in the Sunday New York Times. The article said they are the latest "craze" for baby strollers, teenage backpacks, and tucking in camp suitcases for kids. They were really cute made out of heavy rug yarn with applicade eyes and hand stiched mouths. There was a bunny, girldoll, monkey, frog. A mom in Brooklyn is making these for a store in NY to sell. Prices ranged from $17 to $45, and they are selling like hotcakes. The article said they have the "look of what a prairie mother in another century" would have stiched for her children. Another example of an enterprising farmgirl at heart using her skills... Wish I could post the article but I don't know how to put in the passwords and membername to access.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html

girl_friday
worker bee

15 Posts

Dory
Troy Idaho
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  2:57:46 PM  Show Profile
Therapy, therapy, therapy…that’s what sewing is to me. Besides being the food stylist here at the farm, my love is sewing, especially quilting. I began sewing in 1975 for myself. As my girls where born in the 80’s, it was clothing. Now I call it my quilting machine. About 5 years ago, I had my mother gather up all my Daddy’s old ties and send them to me. They were purple, orange, green, blue, etc. I made a crazy quilt wall hanging for father's day. I even went to the thrift store and found old buttons from uniforms (he was in the air force) and tie tacks to embellish it. Wow, how wonderful it was! He was so excited.
Meadowlark, sounds like the crochet bug has hit many people. My daughter, who is now in college, has also started knitting with her friends and loves it. Great stress relief from studies.
Julie
AKA Farm Kitchen Chick
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Crocheted Baby Doll Toys in The NYTimes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page