Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 the one thing I am not stocked up on is......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic the one thing I am not stocked up on is...... Next Topic  

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2020 :  03:50:12 AM  Show Profile
Fabric! My stash consists of one small tote. My mom and sisters laugh about it. But I like to use what I have before buying more. So now I am trying to order more fabric. Hobby Lobby is pretty much out of stock. I did order yesterday morning from a local quilt shop (in Hayward). Thought I would support the local owned business's. Got my quilt backing and batting that I needed, but the fat quarters were out of stock. I wanted a collection of different fabrics, so I could make up a runner or whatever I needed for a gift. Might have to to shopping at my moms.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6921 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6921 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2020 :  05:48:06 AM  Show Profile
Michelle happy fabric shopping on-line or at your moms. On-line is fine but it's not the same as feeling the fabric. I have an order of felted wool and wool applique kits due next week from Winterberry Cabin. Took advantage of a sale to stock up. I'm set for rest of the year.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9327 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9327 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2020 :  05:51:18 AM  Show Profile
Michelle,
I do that with my daughters. If I know they are looking for something and I know I have something in my stash that will work for them, they come get it. I have way too much , though much of it is designated for projects. But I do go through every once in a while and de-stash it.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlnextdoor
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Sandy
FORT WORTH TX
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2020 :  09:48:19 AM  Show Profile
Rubbing alcohol. I'm learning diy my cleaners and there is not a drop of alcohol to be found where I live. Disinfectants, homemade or otherwise, have been out for the last six weeks. Believe me, I will not let this happen again.

Sandy
Farmgirl Sister #8063
http://www.thefarmgirlnextdoor.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2020 :  12:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Same problem over here in Florida too!! So, I have resulted to what I learned in nursing school and that is always use warm water, soap and friction to clean hands anytime you hand wash. I figure if it works for hands, it will help other surfaces. So I make up a solution in the sink and wipe everything that needs it. Sometimes we just have to make -do and vigorous handwashing will at least help any kind of droplets on surfaces.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlnextdoor
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Sandy
FORT WORTH TX
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2020 :  4:41:26 PM  Show Profile
I prefer hand washing to hand sanitizer. Soap and water will take care of most things, even on surfaces. Indeed, we will make do!

Sandy
Farmgirl Sister #8063
http://www.thefarmgirlnextdoor.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2020 :  7:16:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm sure your mom will be more than happy to share some of her "stash" with you Michele! Glad you did get to order the batting and backing for your new bedspread. Share a picture of it when you are done please!

Dawn in IL

Bloom, where you are planted.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2020 :  03:53:02 AM  Show Profile
wow this fabric order is turning into a pain. No fat quarters that I ordered, now they are waiting on a batting order. The only thing that I can get is the quilt backing. Not sure what I will do, cancel the order?

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2020 :  06:22:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh bummer! Good luck on finding someplace that has what you need.

Dawn in IL

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4370 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4370 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2020 :  07:20:59 AM  Show Profile
Michell, have you heard of the company Spoo flower? They've got GORGEOUS and fun fabrics plus if you are an artist, you can create your own fabrics! ( which I've been wanting to do) Hobby lobby has been closed here now for over 2 months and actually I dont miss it. I am ready to buy American made products. Our businesses here need the support.

I'm with Sandy, preferring soap and water over hand sanitizer. I have a wash cloth in a baggie and a spray bottle with soapy water I take with me. Plus it smells better* grapefruit) and doesnt make my dog sneeze, lol! There is NO sanitizer here, no alcohol, no lysol wipes. We do have to and paper towels but they seem to have gone up in price?? Lowes has a package of 2 for 6.78 !! :o!!!
So the one thing I'm not stocked up on is meats. They've been pretty much cleaned out from publix and is barely restocked. Maybe because of the trucks.

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2020 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Dianna I will look spoo flower up. My fabric order was a bust. Fat quarters not available, batting on order,and now quilt backing out of stock. I have asked to cancel the order. I do want to order American made if I can.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2020 :  4:42:42 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Michele! Don't give up.

Dawn in IL

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic the one thing I am not stocked up on is...... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page