Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  07:51:23 AM  Show Profile

A little longer and I can open this window and put a plant in for spring. right now it's my little lamp and two canning jars of sea glass.
Looking for a lot of snow the end of this week. Been the mildest winter I have ever seen. Today the lawn is all green. I think God forgot to push the snow button here. But I know he is pretty busy so that's OK.
Been on a big cleaning spree and reading a lot. Maybe its the total cereal I eat, seem to have a lot of energy of late.
just put a chick breast in the oven. stirred together cream of chicken soup milk, butter swiss cheese, salt pepper and poured it over the chicken, put the lid and and into the oven. Taste like what you would use for chicken biscuits and gravy.
Well Happy Day too all.

NANCY JO

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2691 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2691 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  10:47:05 AM  Show Profile
Happy day to you, too, Nancy!

Our winter has been very mild as well, very little snow compared to what we're used to. I was grasping at holding on to winter a while longer in hopes of snow so we could really hunker down by the fire and enjoy a cozy snow day, but... I've let that hope go and am now ready for spring... unfortunately, we still won't be able to plant flowers and veggies until the endish of may as we still freeze at night until then... who knows, maybe this spring will be different!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2020 :  05:26:29 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I always enjoy your little gatherings of favorites. And I want to eat dinner at your house any night!! You are always making something that sounds delicious !!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2020 :  6:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo...I am coming for dinner!! And whatever you are eating for breakfast...I NEED some of that too. Energy...haven't had any for weeks.
It was beautiful out today and after we got back from lunch with my Sister In Law...all I wanted to do is go take a nap when I should have been
out walking. ~ The thing is I don't feel any more rested when I get up from my nap.

I Love your jars of Sea Glass. I collect it too...but we don't find much on our Coast here. I have gotten mine mostly from Farm Sisters.

Have a lovely Evening!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2020 :  05:05:39 AM  Show Profile
I love sea glass---so pretty. I keep a little plant in my window all winter to cheer me up---it has actually grown a little. But you are right---spring will bring us true growth--both to plants and our spirits.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  9:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh my... Mermaid Money!!! Such colorfully magical jewels from the sea! Beautiful! I used to love to walk the beaches back home and gather all the sea glass treasure I could find, all the while imagining what young mermaids my age bought with THEIR saved spare change! How fun to just imagine! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Kitchen Window Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page