Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 About the new webpage -- something I have to say
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic About the new webpage -- something I have to say Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2007 :  6:46:35 PM  Show Profile
This is certainly not a complaint -- I love the new pages. However, I read the quote today: "Don't ever wait to do a good deed; you don't know when it will be too late" or something along those lines (it was on a church marquee & I was driving). It made me think of something I've been meaning to post here and never did. Now the page has changed and I feel bad that I never said this, so here goes.

Remember the old home page, there was a picture on the left side of the page of a woman with a cowboy hat and an apron. She had shortish (chin length) dark hair. Well, whoever that lady is, I hate to see her picture gone. She had the most beautiful, wholesome-looking, sincere, and all around genuinely-happy smile, and everytime I saw that picture it made me smile, too.

So whoever you are, thank you!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  04:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Wasnt that Meggie???? This old mind thinks it was. And though I have never met her in person (Lord willing I will soon!) she has one of those faces that just makes you smile when you see her. Even her picture. I can only imagine what a sweet young woman she is in person.

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  08:18:16 AM  Show Profile
At first I thought it was, but for some reason I started doubting my first impression. I don't remember why, though. But that smile was kind of like the red dresser I bought (talked about in my Now I've bought it post) -- it was a bright spot that I really appreciated!

Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  09:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls.
The young woman in the photo was Julie Beck, who worked here for about a year helping with stitching projects and our bed & breakfast. She did have the most lovely smile (and personality too, I might add!). The new "girl" on the left-hand side of our new home page is pretty marvelous too - she was a part of a "field sculpture" that showed up on a hillside nearby a year or so ago - part of a sculpture exhibit for our local university. She was made from those big round hay bales, so that will help you get perspective on just how awesome this installation was! And she had about 4 other hay-bale "friends" around the field doing other farmwork as well - really made you pull off the road and just admire them for a few minutes!

I've also put up some new web pages for all of our products this week - If you click on the "products" link on our home page, you'll get to them - one for each of the categories we now have in our "Product Shop." Take a look!

Best wishes from the farm for a lovely early-spring day!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  09:37:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the clarification, Carol. And, yes, I noticed the new lady gracing the left-hand side of the home page -- she's really cute!

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  11:02:13 AM  Show Profile
HOLY COW, CAROL!!!!! The new website setup is WONDERFUL! I just can't wait to see what new products are being introduced. You all do such nice work...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic About the new webpage -- something I have to say Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page