Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Major Computer Crash
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Major Computer Crash Next Topic  

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  3:52:31 PM  Show Profile
[font=Verdana][blue]I guess by now you can imagine what our computer techies have been up to around the clock since early yesterday (Friday morning). Our website is on a server with other websites in Moscow. It went down and took us with it. Because the forum is so huge it took many, many hours to reload the back-ups--a big thanks to my Paradise Ridge neighbor Bill Moore and his crew at First Step Research who kept after it. And also Carol for helping on the weekend. This is the first time in all the years we've had a website that we've disappeared like that. (It felt strange, very strange to lose our "connection” to all of you!) To prevent it from happening again means we need to come up with the kind of money it takes to have our own dedicated server with around the clock back-ups that can kick in on a moment's notice. (We already have two expensive servers at the farm for photos and e-commerce). If it isn’t one thing, well it’s another….

About an hour ago our mail carrier delivered a big box from Jeri Pearson, Farmgirl Chapter Leader from Fairfield, WA. It's for Mahri and it's full of surprises! Given the number of home-made cards included, it looks like Jeri gathered up ALL the neighbor kids and gave them scissors, glue and crayons.

We also received a movie and I know the publicity department at Random House has rushed us a box of books. They’ll get here Monday. I also know of two women who are sending as many as six different EXQUISITE dolls. Check out www.turnerdolls.com to see what Virginia Turner has been making at her farm the past decade. There’s a wonderful, wonderful story there but I’ll save it for later.

The movie Mahri received is “The Red Balloon.” The producer who sent it, Bob Altman, also has the rights to produce it on IMAX someday. He promised he’d take Mahri to Paris when he shoots it. It’s a French film that you can find in most video stores. I’ve always loved the film as well as the book.

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2006 :  6:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
glad your back "on" you were very missed here at the farm in texas.
i was pretty lonely without all my farmgirl connections.
welcome back, everyone!

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  07:29:27 AM  Show Profile
good to be back!!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  09:31:45 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear Mahri is being surrounded by love and gifts! I know of several other gifts that are coming her way. In the mean time, please let her know she is being remembered by my 3 boys in our prayers every night.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  09:52:31 AM  Show Profile
I was sure it was my own computer problem, and then I thought it might even be down in tribute to Stephanie, kind of like putting the flag at half mast.

I am glad you are back, and thank you for the wonderful news in your email above. Mahri will be loved by many farmgals; I have a small box on the way and another in the making.

Thanks, Maryjane

Jeannie

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  8:10:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mary Jane,
Yes we are a chatty bunch.LOL Glad you are back.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

www.athomewithelizabeth.blogspot.com

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Major Computer Crash Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page