jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  1:16:25 PM  Show Profile
what the heck are felted mice????? I'm trying to un-collect, but I do love all the stuff you guys collect. My husband won't let me bring anything else into the kitchen, there's no room left!! I've managed to keep my old sifters. I used to collect these little harmony kingdom boxes, I exhausted myself finding those things. I still have the diana, white rose, anyone out there a crazy collector who wants some harmony kingdom? I'm keeping my whales, but I have a few flowers left with ladybugs in them. I would trade for embroidered pillowcases, books on mushing (sure all of you have one of those!), think of something here! I am a chicken fanatic, so wouldn't mind any books on chickens, hmmmm what else do I have to trade. jo

"life is drab without a lab"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum15.html
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  1:57:17 PM  Show Profile
My problem is that I can appreciate everything that was listed in everyone's collections! I love a lot of the stuff mentioned. It's funny how I start to collect...I sort of fall into it. Something that I thought I would never be interested in I come to appreciate later on. I have to put blinders on at times, or else I wouldn't have any room to move! Very interesting reading!
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  3:05:21 PM  Show Profile
Lets see I collect:
Snow Globes
Old gravy boats
collector phones

I want to collect
Cookbooks
old aprons
old cooking utensils

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  05:03:57 AM  Show Profile
I collect SO much stuff that I running out of room in the apartment. In the kitchen:

- Cookie Jars, especially reproduction vintage ones (unfortunately a lot of them broke when I moved from Manhattan to NH.)

- Churchhill Blue Willow (slowly collecting 6-piece setting)

- Magnets (on the fridge)

- Tin Signs and Tin Containers

Dining Room (Doubles As Craft Room):

- Books On Crochet, Knitting, Embroidery, Rug Hooking, Cooking, Doll Making, Etc.

- Tin Trays

Living Room:

- More Books: Children's Books, Fiction, Self-Help, Tai Chi, Qi Gong

- DVD's

- Bears/Dolls

My Bedroom:

- More Dolls: I like the Baby Face Dolls from the 1990's, The My Friend Mandy (Fisher Price) dolls from the 70's, reproduction dolls from the 30's, 40's, 50's, such as Ella Cinders, My Grumpy Baby, HeeBee and SheBee, Kewpies, Polish Mask Face Dolls, and the mask face plush animals from the 50's such as from Knickerbocker Toys and Rushton Star Creations. Most of this stuff I got from Ebay a few years back. For obvious reasons I don't go into the Ebay web site too much any more. I have more dolls stored in my closet. I have so many that my clothes don't really fit in there but I'm not ready to give them up yet. One of these days I'll figure out a way to display the girls.

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  05:38:28 AM  Show Profile
I collect Swarovski Christmas Ornamants and window prisms. In the winter when the sun is low, I have a whole room filled with rainbows! The inspiration came from Pollyanna when I was a kid.

The ornamants are limites editions, so they appreciate over time , and yes, I keep the boxes. I started collecting chandalier crystals from antique shops a long time ago, then got onto the ornaments the first year hubby and I were married. I'll collect 10 years worth. So far I'm up to 7 ornamants and 44 crystals total. Oh, and I also hang a smallish disco ball too...just for whimsy. After all I AM a child of the 70's!

I have a type tray with tiny cat figurines. Mom has given these to me each year for christmas too. It's cute trying to find kitties this small to fit. I have collected these all my life.

and lastly, I collect antique marbles. Friends at work were into these. Who'd have thought a roud piece of glass could be so pretty and at times cost so much! So when my folks moved into their Vistorian home in 1993, the first marble was a bull's eye agate. The guys at work said it was worth about 30.00 and even offered to buy it!

Frannie, ever hear of the Burlington Flea Market?? It's in Burlington, KY, I think the 1st or 2nd weekend each month. It's HUGE and all the best deals are usually found well before 9 a.m. Mom and I used to frequent this place with fair regularity when I lived at home in Cincinnati. Mom is still into antique furniture and has a good eye and likes to refurnish old pieces for her hobby, but alas, since she and Dad moved 2 years ago, the pieces had to be severely downsized and their place now doesn't have the space .

I continue to search out marbles in jars, chandelier(sp) pieces and tiny cats.

Hubby collects indian artifacts. Our fields are filled with points and flint chips. You should see his collection! So each Spring when he tills the fields, it's fun to go searching after it rains
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  11:13:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm with whoever it was that said they are trying to un-collect. It's so hard!

I love:
old cookbooks
red and green handled kitchen utensils
old muffin tins
aprons
those crocheted potholders from the 30 and 40's
most vintage linens from laces to dishtowels to quilts and beyond..................
granite ware
black americana
old canning jars(with and without lids)
Fostoria crystal
Pottery-I have a full set of Ivy Franciscanware, many pieces of Hull and Roseville and more Hall teapots than I can count
old childrens books
old rusty garden tools
old sewing patterns and other antique sewing items
vintage clothing, mostly 20's 30's and 40's stuff
fabric(I'm a quilter) and yarn(I'm also a knitter)

I know I'm forgetting something here. My major collection is teapots which right now lives in storage boxes and has since we moved last May.

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  1:39:47 PM  Show Profile
I collect Belleek Irish Porcelain and cobalt blue glassware. I have quite a few pieces. I also kind of collect angel dishes and statues and my bedroom is full of them. Other than that, I have eight bookcases full of books so I guess I am a bookie too.

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

CFlohe
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Cheryl
Port Angeles WA
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  6:44:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to bump this up to the top to make it easier to find. Sure is nice knowing what everybody collects, especially when you want to send something to them.
Cheryl

cheryls-life-at-the-farm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  03:31:44 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour, all my wonderful fellow collectors! Can anybody shed some light on what "felted mice from France" are? Still curious about that one! Hope everybody has a great day today. Nance
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  07:59:22 AM  Show Profile
OK, here goes:
Vintage Cookbooks, Crochet Hot Pads, Aprons, vintage linens, Lu-Ray dishes, Nancy Drew books (blue covers), chickens and roosters, vintage kitchen items, vinatage farm tools, quilts, vintage blankets, barn photos, bulldogs, pyrex, vintage tupperware, old magazines from the 50's (house beautiful etc), canning jars, buttons.......if I think of anything else I'll edit this! lol!!

Blessed Be!

farmgirl@heart

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams; live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." - Henry David Thoreau

http://chevy49girl.livejournal.com/
http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
http://chevy49girl.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

CFlohe
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Cheryl
Port Angeles WA
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  3:28:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for adding your collections!
Cheryl

cheryls-life-at-the-farm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  3:40:23 PM  Show Profile
I'm SURE there are things I'm forgetting! lol!

Blessed Be!

farmgirl@heart

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams; live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." - Henry David Thoreau

http://chevy49girl.livejournal.com/
http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
http://chevy49girl.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  09:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I used to collect dolls and old toys(both got too expensive). Now, I collect 'farm' related stuff. I've switched my love of children's books in general to children's farm or nature related books. I also have too many dishes(I use my Jadeite for everyday), Homer Laughlin 'Virginia Rose' is my 'good china' in the trailer at the farm, and my grandmother's W.S. George china with tiny red flowers is in my china cabinet. I also like 'kitschy' stuff from the 20's thru the 40's. Recently, I've fallen in love with some very strange and colorful pieces of Japanese majolica ware.(I need to stay away from ebay-LOL).

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  09:39:02 AM  Show Profile
I collect
old postcards..especially dutch themed or valentine ones, also floral types

vintage hats

vintage aprons (especially like the ones from the 20's or unusually made designs)

vintage beaded purses

wooden dutch shoes

teacups and saucers

old small plates with roses or pretty florals

vintage embroidered linens (current interest has been types with Southern Belles on them)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  10:01:42 AM  Show Profile
found this while trying to solve the mystery of "what are felted mice from France" anyhow I couldn't find felted French mice...but I did find this and thought it was pretty neat..felted miniatures,..really detailed.

http://www.pbase.com/leafdancer/needle_felted_miniatures

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  04:50:43 AM  Show Profile
bump
Go to Top of Page

Reepicheep
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  05:27:36 AM  Show Profile
I love beachcombing so I collect sea glass, sea beans, certain seashells, and driftwood. I used to collect original Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books (wish I hadn't let my mom sell mine when I was younger!), but my oldest has claimed them all as his now since he loves to read.

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/merryhearthomestead/
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/onourway/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  08:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love to collect books and I am getting addicted to fabric. I have a serious addiction to yard and anything to do with horses (especially Arabians!).

Alee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you collect? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page